Daily Treasure Hunt

Options
Lunavolpe - Dreamweaver
Lunavolpe - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
I noticed the treasure map (or cost of the quest) is 88,888. Anyone know if it's worth it?
Post edited by Lunavolpe - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well as I saw, the treasure quest NPC offers a few things if u gather enough items (like a very nice necklace, shards and other..)

I did it and found the treasure, didn't get any items out of it today, but it's a daily.

Did get a bit of exp though, 25 rep and around 25k coins, so I think it can possibly be worth it and it's a daily so... I'll retry tomorrow :)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yes, i got 2x items I coud trade for 2 Chrono pages
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • silverwolfrising
    silverwolfrising Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    Options
    For some reason my archer (85) cannot pick up this daily. I was able to do it on my 89 cleric.
  • Nedira - Dreamweaver
    Nedira - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I know that the quest can be obtained as low as level 61. No idea about any lower though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lunavolpe - Dreamweaver
    Lunavolpe - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I might have to give it a go for a while and see what happens then. :) Thanks ya'll!
  • Kolaro - Lost City
    Kolaro - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    90 mystic here cant get it today idk try tommorow so far expansion keeps lettin me down ....
  • Aquaryah - Sanctuary
    Aquaryah - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I was able to pick up the quest and I got the map...I went to the place on the map, but nothing was there. o.O
    Lvl 101 Psy - Aquaryah - Sanctuary (Main)
    Lvl 101 Cleric - Nevarya - Sanctuary (Buff&BB Slave)
    Lvl 86 Sin - Luna - Raging Tides (Retired)
  • Eiralys - Lost City
    Eiralys - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The treasure was a pain in the butt to locate - they're not kidding when they say "exact location marked". It may take you a good fifteen minutes to wander into said exact location.

I opened it and received 25 rep and 30,000 exp and had to defeat a weak monster. I'm pretty sure I noticed at least two of these new NPCs around so I'm wondering if where you pick up the quest affects the difficulty or reward. Can anyone confirm?
  • Beastlyraven - Heavens Tear
    Beastlyraven - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hiya its beastlyraven

just wondering if sameone can help i try to get to the right place and nothing looking all around like a headless chicken?????????b:angryb:shockedb:cryb:surrender

Please HHHHEEELLLPPP???!!!!!

Don't worry i got it
  • Ni_Ten_ichi - Heavens Tear
    Ni_Ten_ichi - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Each time you find the chest and click the pop-up it will give you the reward for that part and spawn a chest. Dig the chest and kill the boss* that spawns ,it has a random chance to drop stuff for example on my barb i had only 1 time drop a new map and 10k coins. couldn't open the map cuz lvl was too low but i did give the map to alt and he could get new reward from it.
    That alt btw when he did quest gotten 4 maps total, 2 dropped of 1 boss together with some sort of chrono page that gave as reward at npc either 20 rep or 40k xp.So my best run had a total of 425 rep, about 500k xp and i think around 160k coins from the treaure hunter quest :)
    Also i noticed on some that i found chest at exact spot it pointed at on the map, others needed to walk aoundd a bit to find it.
    Hope this helped, i certainly had a lot of fun doing them, better then Amber daily xD
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I opened it and received 25 rep and 30,000 exp and had to defeat a weak monster. I'm pretty sure I noticed at least two of these new NPCs around so I'm wondering if where you pick up the quest affects the difficulty or reward. Can anyone confirm?

I did with my cleric up to treasure map 3, and every time the map gave less hints about the place the chest is. It looked like the map was zoomed in every time so you couldn't see the surroundings easily, and the bosses began to hit harder also. On the first part I fought a fattie that hit me for barely 300 dmg and in the last chest I fought a two headed giant lion taht hit me for around 700-1000 dmg.

And seems all bosses are melee, so squishy arcanes better go with help cause it seems the quest can be done squaded.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hlamer
    hlamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I took that quest, opened the chest and killed the boss, but the drop was only coins, no map. :(( And now I can't take other treasure quest. Can any1 tell me why?
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Drops are random, so it's just matter of luck getting additional map quests and good drops.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazy__erik - Heavens Tear
    Crazy__erik - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Extremely lucky today...first kill dropped two map 2's and both of them splintered into four map 3's after killing the treasure wraith. Then I got a total of four map 4's...and finally 2 of each last map. (forgot the names, but they are bright purple.) I completed one purple and got nothing. The next I had to call for help as I was fighting a Boss with 2 Million health and hit like a mule (5k damage) and great defense. Once he died, he dropped 6 shards that you turn back into the Treasure Hunter NPC (he is referred to as Sharp Spear on the item description) for a stunning 300k xp each (or you can get 150 rep). He also dropped an incomparable Amethyst.
    So....for the little fee to take the quest, I still have 2 final maps to go, but I got almost 3 mill in xp, an incomparable shard, and about 500 rep.Well worth the time.

2 notes though....NOT every treasure chest wraith drops a map....it's all luck. The other thing, when you get the purple map, the final map....treat it as a World Boss and get friends, but limit em, because the 300k xp drop shard is NOT tradeable.

Cheers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NaughtyZOOT - Dreamweaver
    NaughtyZOOT - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I did this twice on my cleric, first it is a daily and you can only get it once per day per char. Second, the first map was Boundless Grasslands (coords to chest are 218, 871) and I got 10k coins, 25 rep and some spirit. The second map (bought after reset) was for Raging Tides (morning star, coords 669, 255) and I only got 10k coins, nothing else.
    Gonna keep trying tho since rewards can be well worth it from other post comments.

KK, update: Did it again, just 10k coins. Got Boundless Grasslands and chest had moved to slightly different coordinates.
  • CatherineE - Lost City
    CatherineE - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Some of mi guild friends got MTF ,and +75 hp shards,chrono pages,and they say that coins to,all i got till now was rep and this item ...to locate sharp spear and get a reward from him...where the hac it is? any have a clue?
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The worst reward you get seems to be 10K and 25 rep. So thats like buying 25 rep for 78K which doesn't seem like a bad price to me.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    2 notes though....NOT every treasure chest wraith drops a map....it's all luck. The other thing, when you get the purple map, the final map....treat it as a World Boss and get friends, but limit em, because the 300k xp drop shard is NOT tradeable.

Cheers

Next time I'd trade that mat in for a chrono page instead of doing the quest. Do it while chrono pages are still 2m+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Lalena - Sanctuary
    Lalena - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Did Treasure Hunter on my veno today...was solo and no one else around...on stage 2..got to to the location...pop up window came up..got my 55000exp and 12430 spirit as confirmation..but then no treasure chest even showed!..it was at decaying woods just outside Tellus..cooeds 342 246..a very annoying place near a big tree. In the 30 minutes i was there alone...no other players around..i searched high and low very thoroughly for 30 minutes..i can say 100% for sure that the chest never ever showed.

So with no chest to open my quest died on stage 2..what a waste of 88888 coins..i for one will not be doing this again...the quest seems like it should be fun..if it would work..maybe im the only one that this has happened to?..anyway..nice try PW..but get it to work properly first ;/
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    @everyone who couldn't pick it up: Make sure you have enough coins on you :o Tried picking it up on my cleric, and the npc didn't have a quest. Made sure he had over 88.888 coins and he could pick it up. P:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elodiee - Harshlands
    Elodiee - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Did this today on my wizard, completed the full quest *guess i got lucky* up to map 4, and then a special map quest, which was slightly more difficult as a mage to solo.

Rewards are good, so definitely grab it as an essential daily ^^

3x Chrono Pages
    20x Mystical Tome Frags

win.
  • Oo_Spud_oO - Sanctuary
    Oo_Spud_oO - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Done this quest quite a few times, got lucky on my seeker got to map five, had to pass them on to my veno as seeker was not high enough, from map 4 on.

4th map boss dropped 2 x purples, first boss huge spider dropped 2 items for 4 x chrono pages, last boss puple lion dropped 6 items let me trade them for 12 chrono pages, so if your lucky, and I mean lucky it can be worth a lot.

I have done these a lot and only the once I got them rewards, also a few friends have tried them a lot and got nothing.

Its a gamble b:bye
  • kondors
    kondors Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ok I must be missing something very straightforward here. Could someone please tell me where this quest is obtained from? I have tried on a variety of chars from 80-101 and cannot for the life of me see anything relevant to a daily treasure quest in the available quest logs.

I have check the pwi quest database which tells me there is a Daily Treasure Quest, and then goes on to mention an npc called Sharp Spear (no location) and entering that name into the npc searcg draws a blank. It also mentions speaking to the Treasure Hunter (no location).

I have checked under repeatable, adventure etc etc and i find nothing. Apparently I am missing something fundamentally obvious here since any and all threads relating to the Daily treasure quest do not make any mention of where the quest is obtained from.

This implies to me that people are seeing a quest in their available quests with an autopath to the quest giver.

I did, for a while consider the possibility of it being in Morai but since its available at levels below 95 and people make mention of chests in boundless grasslands, I ruled that out.

I guess that my last resort failing some help here is to go to Arch, fly around and check my co ordinates finder for said NPC.

Frustration cured, I took a char to 1K, opened the co ords finder and discovered one Sharp Spear with the quest. I know its simple, but when you do not know the information simply isnt readily available... again unless I missed something obvious.

Oh well thanks for the help that people would have provided had I not figured it out :)
  • soifix
    soifix Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i got this quest today, but in the map shows no coordenades, i dont know where i should go for the first treasure...
    can someone help me with the coordenades?? ty
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Not without you linking a screen shot of the map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • KilledDream - Sanctuary
    KilledDream - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i got only repsb:surrender there are no coordinates, u must look into quest map carefully and then look into world map to find it:) its not that hard, look how trees look like, they burned or normal, palms or others, check roads, hills, buldings, its not that hard, nad u must stop on that exactly spot if u wanna see chest:) GL
  • basicurge
    basicurge Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I like doing the quest except that about one third of the time, the chest dont show or pop inside a mountain and no replies from gms
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I completed one purple and got nothing. The next I had to call for help as I was fighting a Boss with 2 Million health and hit like a mule (5k damage) and great defense. Once he died, he dropped 6 shards that you turn back into the Treasure Hunter NPC (he is referred to as Sharp Spear on the item description) for a stunning 300k xp each (or you can get 150 rep).

Cheers

You just traded 12 chrono pages for that xp. b:sad
    Next time, take those shards (and whoever else got them as random drops) back to the npc, trade them in for 2 chrono pages each. The person that got any shards as a random drop can then trade the chronos back to you.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    You just traded 12 chrono pages for that xp. b:sad
    Next time, take those shards (and whoever else got them as random drops) back to the npc, trade them in for 2 chrono pages each. The person that got any shards as a random drop can then trade the chronos back to you.

I duo the 5th map bosses with a friend of mine. We split the drops 50:50, with the provider of the map getting the shard that drops. We also have the squad set to free.

The reason we're splitting is mostly because neither of us could kill it on our own: His barb could tank it in tiger form, but the boss would reset before he could kill it. On the other hand my sin cannot tank it, but can deal decent DPS with a Heaven Shatterer. Hopefully by the next 2x drops, I'll have my Archer leveled to 100, since it took us like 20-30 minutes to kill a boss.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • eugen961
    eugen961 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    90 mystic here cant get it today idk try tommorow so far expansion keeps lettin me down ....
    you can get the quest only if you have 88888 coins with you, if you don't, it will not show you the quest