Descent has ruined PWI

Spectralis - Sanctuary
Spectralis - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
The new expansion recently added to pwi : Descent, has brought discomfort and discontent among pwi players.

A lot of bullies (mainly high Lvs), have recently appeared killing ppl indiscriminately, expecially low Lvs in several areas, even if they aren't in pvp mode.

What happened to the feauture which allow ppl to enter pvp mode to play among themselves?. Is it work still or it is just a simple ornament in the game?

PWI; once a safety game to play and relax, has become a nightmare now for those whishing to do so and enjoy the game while leveling up. I wonder if the developers knew about this type of problem before allowing a free pvp condition in the game.

PWI (the company) has been well-known, to separete pwe from pvp not only on this game but also on another titles as well but, it looks like it has failed to keep this running.

If i am wrong about this, i gladly accept any update to the subject of this thread, if not, expect a lot of ppl leaving pwi, simply cause they can no longer play it on the same way it used to be played.

And to those of u who classify me as whinnig baby for this, allow me to say that before a player can become a bully and abuse others on the way i have seen on pwi so far, it is neccesary to Lv up first. Just remember thay u were a low Lv and whished to play the game without been disturbed when u first started
Post edited by Spectralis - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The new expansion recently added to pwi : Descent, has brought discomfort and discontent among pwi players.

A lot of bullies (mainly high Lvs), have recently appeared killing ppl indiscriminately, expecially low Lvs in several areas, even if they aren't in pvp mode.

That sounds interesting, I know SP got reverted by mistake, but are blue names being killed out in the world too???

Could you clarify where this is happening it could help the GMs fix it faster
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Could you be just a little more dramatic please?
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Blue name/ pve mode on pve servers dont exist anymore??? rly?? Oo
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Could you be just a little more dramatic please?

Oh Romeo oh Romeo... Where art thou Romeo?

Sorry couldn't resist b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    So an expansion ruined PWI, what else is new.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Known Issues
    Players level 1-29 can, once again, be PKed in Secret Passage. This is fixed internally, but will require a content patch in order to fix on Live. Please be patient. orz

Nice dramatic post though...
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • hardtobanned
    hardtobanned Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Uh oh, not more sp qq threads. =/
    banned three x2 drop's in a row b:surrender
  • deviltrigger48
    deviltrigger48 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    After i download pwi descent i cant geting to pwi is says DirectX 9.0 some thing like that and a file missing i tryed it like 10times
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    shutup
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • kruze999
    kruze999 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    oh just **** sick and tired of threads like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    After i download pwi descent i cant geting to pwi is says DirectX 9.0 some thing like that and a file missing i tryed it like 10times

maybe you should try fixing the problem instead of re-installing over and over

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    That sounds interesting, I know SP got reverted by mistake, but are blue names being killed out in the world too???

Could you clarify where this is happening it could help the GMs fix it faster

It's probably related to the "White name" PvP protections being broken, as well.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16156471&postcount=71
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • S_Swipe - Sanctuary
    S_Swipe - Sanctuary Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's probably related to the "White name" PvP protections being broken, as well.

Yea but if you are in PVP mode you are in PVP... Just gonna say that and not add fuel to the QQ
  • Deadlife - Lost City
    Deadlife - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I haven't had any problem with white name protections, and on lost city even with sp reverted sp is a ghost town...I think some people just complain to hear themselves complain....I think the expansion is great....then again my main is a seeker
  • DustinAshe - Dreamweaver
    DustinAshe - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Oh Romeo oh Romeo... Where art thou Romeo?

Sorry couldn't resist b:chuckle

"What is more foolish: Believing in a God you can not see or arguing against the existence of a God you do not believe in? "

its not the comment i am replying to, but the signature, very interesting and true philosophy

i found it amusing.. ty for that view. :)
    edited February 2012
    maybe you should try fixing the problem instead of re-installing over and over

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

this is a simple download for Direct 9.0
    do a google search for it, i used softonic download i believe

but be careful not to download their FREE other garbage programs.

basicly, be aware of what your doing. It really is pretty simple. Especially if i can figure it out

i kinda resent PWI doing that without ttelling us about it.

and if it turns out to be permanent on the PK think in SP... i will probably leave pwi.
    this is the second time lowlifes have taken advantage of a glitch just to enhance their kill ratio.

I have already informed my Leader of this possible choice. As it effects my duties in the faction.

I started a toon on Star trek to look at game, i stop that also. along with champions i just downloaded last night, barely had time to look at character creation.

is this an idol threat, NO. i have walked away from games b4 now. Even though i enjoy pwi i am able to walk away.

In my view, cheaters are liars.
    and Lieing is theft. It is theft of trust.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    this is a simple download for Direct 9.0
    do a google search for it, i used softonic download i believe

but be careful not to download their FREE other garbage programs.

basicly, be aware of what your doing. It really is pretty simple. Especially if i can figure it out

i kinda resent PWI doing that without ttelling us about it.

and if it turns out to be permanent on the PK think in SP... i will probably leave pwi.
    this is the second time lowlifes have taken advantage of a glitch just to enhance their kill ratio.

I have already informed my Leader of this possible choice. As it effects my duties in the faction.

I started a toon on Star trek to look at game, i stop that also. along with champions i just downloaded last night, barely had time to look at character creation.

is this an idol threat, NO. i have walked away from games b4 now. Even though i enjoy pwi i am able to walk away.

In my view, cheaters are liars.
    and Lieing is theft. It is theft of trust.

Please leave faster.
    edited February 2012
    kruze999 wrote: »
    oh just **** sick and tired of threads like this.

why is that?

Enlighten me plz
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2012

What happened to the feauture which allow ppl to enter pvp mode to play among themselves?. Is it work still or it is just a simple ornament in the game?

PWI; once a safety game to play and relax, has become a nightmare now for those whishing to do so and enjoy the game while leveling up. I wonder if the developers knew about this type of problem before allowing a free pvp condition in the game.

PWI (the company) has been well-known, to separete pwe from pvp not only on this game but also on another titles as well but, it looks like it has failed to keep this running.

If i am wrong about this, i gladly accept any update to the subject of this thread, if not, expect a lot of ppl leaving pwi, simply cause they can no longer play it on the same way it used to be played.

And to those of u who classify me as whinnig baby for this, allow me to say that before a player can become a bully and abuse others on the way i have seen on pwi so far, it is neccesary to Lv up first. Just remember thay u were a low Lv and whished to play the game without been disturbed when u first started
    maybe your at the wrong place at the wrong time? :s i havnt seen any as of yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    b:sweat This isn't the first time an update has broken Secret Passage on pve servers. It's ALREADY BEEN FIXED and the changes will go live next patch, if you didn't read patch notes.
    I haven't had any problem with white name protections, and on lost city even with sp reverted sp is a ghost town...I think some people just complain to hear themselves complain....I think the expansion is great....then again my main is a seeker

That's because you're on Lost City. PvP servers don't suffer from it as bad as with PvE, since there's open map PK on your server. Here other people in pk mode have to look for more people in pk mode, and they take the opportunity to jump on people in SP who are going there for Culti and things and NOT looking for pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Spectralis - Sanctuary
    Spectralis - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2012

It is very natural seeing some comments like this one; from ppl who no loger care about the game either cause they are high lvs or log in the game casually cause they are already bored with it

The true meaning of forums is to let the gaming community and GM's (if they ever read threads) how the game is doing, mainly when an expansion enters in effect.

This the old saying is very true: SOME PPL TALK TO SAY SOMETHING AND SOME OTHERS SAY SOMETHING JUST TO TALK.
  • miyaxan
    miyaxan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012

pking in SP was taken away once for how many complaints it got why did they bring it back or why not just make a new instance like that 1 that doesnt have quest bosses that ppl need help with
  • JuFranz - Raging Tide
    JuFranz - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    b:surrender if only people go and read patch note first before QQ'ing.

SP issue happened before and it is clearly stated that it will be reverted back soon.
    Previously: Level 100 BM and I still enjoy farming to upgrade my gears b:victory

Now: At 101 still continue farming b:shutup
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    What's so unsettling about getting killed with no exp or drop penalty anyway? Unless it's a constant harassment, it is at best just an annoyance.

I think most of this outrage stems from a vast portion of the PvE server population's intense and irrational fear of being killed in game.

Of course they will always deny this, fiercely, and then threaten me while they are at it.

Anyway, it's already set to be fixed. We don't need a repeat of the drama seen on these forums just a few short months ago.
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The true meaning of forums is to let the gaming community and GM's (if they ever read threads) how the game is doing, mainly when an expansion enters in effect.

lol? do u?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I had several low levels in my faction pm me about getting gang ra** in sp (RT's) even after telling people to let them through which was really no different than last time they opened it up. The official note was that it was only 1-29 levels it was allowed for pk, but I went there myself and could pk in the instance out of the safe zone(did I misread that). But odly, I could target people well within the safe zone and attack them(knife throw, I asked them to test) while I was in the pk zone. Before you could only target and attack outside of the safe zone.
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Q.Q expansion got people in new maps no more peeps in SP and West and Hidden to pk no moar Q.Q
    Good! Time to pk the new map.
    Good! Spacial reversion is fking AMAZING >:(
    AMAZING
    Health reversion is too :D
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    What's so unsettling about getting killed with no exp or drop penalty anyway? Unless it's a constant harassment, it is at best just an annoyance.

I think most of this outrage stems from a vast portion of the PvE server population's intense and irrational fear of being killed in game.

Of course they will always deny this, fiercely, and then threaten me while they are at it.

Why do you insist that PVE people have an "intense and irrational fear" of being killed by other players? Some people simply don't want to deal with the annoyance it can cause, it has nothing to do with fear.

If I want to PVP, I'll go white named. If I'm questing, I don't want to deal with PVP (unless I choose to go white named while questing or play one of my characters on LC).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.