Zulu - Catalyst

Comments

• John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Catalyst took the same amount of lands as Zulu did.

b:laugh
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Its funny how Catalyst claimed not to be related to Zulu for so long and said Afterlife are Zulu just to admit it once they had most of the map lol I still dont see why so many players still applied to Catalyst just to come to the forums asking for competition 2 weeks after they were accepted... Cata always had their core of ppl that knew how to play and they have all the rights to ask for competition, but the rest of the players that go there to follow the ride are basically most of Harshlands, a server full of people with no sense of competitivity.

Also, it seems GMs will never add guild base wars in the game which most ppl probably forgot about
  • Sabella - Harshlands
    Sabella - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Was some good times there Pasayo
    One thing cata can say we did that zulu didnt do...cata has yet to lose a war.
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    TheDendra - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I still dont see why so many players still applied to Catalyst just to come to the forums asking for competition 2 weeks after they were accepted... Cata always had their core of ppl that knew how to play and they have all the rights to ask for competition, but the rest of the players that go there to follow the ride are basically most of Harshlands, a server full of people with no sense of competitivity.

Well said. What's the point in joining Cata for a free ride? I guess people are just that pathetic and have no willpower to actually sweat for their victories.

On a similar note - it's funny how people say Cata is super smart, has its propaganda and what not, a grand scheme to rule the server by plotting behind everyone's back - like seriously, they're not that smart nor good to begin with, the server just happens to suffer from a chronic lack of cojones.

Hopefully the server will get more interesting in near future and we'll actually get to see some real competition out there.
  • apex1predator
    apex1predator Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012

On a similar note - it's funny how people say Cata is super smart, has its propaganda and what not, a grand scheme to rule the server by plotting behind everyone's back - like seriously, they're not that smart nor good to begin with, the server just happens to suffer from a chronic lack of cojones.

Not that good? I guess defending triple stack's as well as taking the map(barring a few lands) twice was all pure luck.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The TW system as it is now, is so lame, i dunno what to say.

The fact, that a SINGLE FACTION can dominate the whole TW map, its insane.
    It should be a limit on how many territories a faction can have, like 5 or sth.
    That would give the lower factions a chance.

ofc it would cause, that factions work together or for example Catalyst split into 5 factions and still have all the land, but then the single faction could be weak against a whole faction attacking them.

just some thoughts i had the last time someone mentioned it and pointed out, that cata has almost the whole area b:bye
  • Curses - Harshlands
    Curses - Harshlands Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    A lot of ppl pm me about Zulu vs Catalyst. Its either how we're just the same guild or how zulu was better. Which is fine with me, cuz I was a large part in running both guilds, and I'll take it as a compliment. Either way 2 years later all the threads on this forums are about the same core group of ppl (or w/e guild then are running).

Zulu and Catalyst obviously had a lot of the same ppl. This core has chosen to play together because this is the group of ppl we enjoy the most and trust in each others knowledge and abilities. This is no secret.

The two main differences between cata and zulu are standard of recruitment and difference of the times.

In zulu we really did recruit almost anyone with +5 gear or higher just to win tws. This ended up being successful in the end, but we found the guild overflowed with too much 'litter'. People who were either along for a free ride and/or didnt share our views or mentality about the game, etc.... which is why we remade the new guild, with new standards. Anyone can go through catalyst's apps and see the ppl we have denied. Many with full r9 and/or high refines. Denied more for the reason that we base our decisions on the type of person rather then their gear. We have even at times closed our applications in aims to keep our numbers down, give time for current members to mesh. I dont know if any other faction has run their guild that way.

In zulu times there was really only 1 guild that had any gear to challenge us, and that was kylin. And once Kylin was kinda defeated it was only crimson. I think catalyst probably faced a greater "challenge" just due to the large amount of factions that had large amount of geared ppl. I mean in Zulu, we had like 5 r8's and a couple recasted weapons that carried hard in TW's because no one even had gear that came close to that, except kylin.
    Now the amount of r9s and +10 refines or higher is almost a standard. The only thing missing is the leadership to bring it all together to make something happen.

Either way in the end both factions were successful. I personally am just happier with the way catalyst has turned out composition wise. Thanks and congratulations to the most unified and cohesive group I could imagine putting together to achieve common goals! Congrats on thus far being undefeated, and looking forward to seeing how long we can carry on our streak in the new expansion. b:victory PVE TWs ftw! I also invite catalyst members to join me in ignoring the inevitable chain of rage posts and jealous haters who cant help but try to bring us down or undermine our accomplishments. My posts tend to draw them out for some reason. I'll QQ about no Archo tele b:cry

Also congrats to crimson for 2nd place once again!
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    fake zulu is stupid
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    A lot of ppl pm me about Zulu vs Catalyst. Its either how we're just the same guild or how zulu was better. Which is fine with me, cuz I was a large part in running both guilds, and I'll take it as a compliment. Either way 2 years later all the threads on this forums are about the same core group of ppl (or w/e guild then are running).

Zulu and Catalyst obviously had a lot of the same ppl. This core has chosen to play together because this is the group of ppl we enjoy the most and trust in each others knowledge and abilities. This is no secret.

The two main differences between cata and zulu are standard of recruitment and difference of the times.

In zulu we really did recruit almost anyone with +5 gear or higher just to win tws. This ended up being successful in the end, but we found the guild overflowed with too much 'litter'. People who were either along for a free ride and/or didnt share our views or mentality about the game, etc.... which is why we remade the new guild, with new standards. Anyone can go through catalyst's apps and see the ppl we have denied. Many with full r9 and/or high refines. Denied more for the reason that we base our decisions on the type of person rather then their gear. We have even at times closed our applications in aims to keep our numbers down, give time for current members to mesh. I dont know if any other faction has run their guild that way.

In zulu times there was really only 1 guild that had any gear to challenge us, and that was kylin. And once Kylin was kinda defeated it was only crimson. I think catalyst probably faced a greater "challenge" just due to the large amount of factions that had large amount of geared ppl. I mean in Zulu, we had like 5 r8's and a couple recasted weapons that carried hard in TW's because no one even had gear that came close to that, except kylin.
    Now the amount of r9s and +10 refines or higher is almost a standard. The only thing missing is the leadership to bring it all together to make something happen.

Either way in the end both factions were successful. I personally am just happier with the way catalyst has turned out composition wise. Thanks and congratulations to the most unified and cohesive group I could imagine putting together to achieve common goals! Congrats on thus far being undefeated, and looking forward to seeing how long we can carry on our streak in the new expansion. b:victory PVE TWs ftw! I also invite catalyst members to join me in ignoring the inevitable chain of rage posts and jealous haters who cant help but try to bring us down or undermine our accomplishments. My posts tend to draw them out for some reason. I'll QQ about no Archo tele b:cry

Also congrats to crimson for 2nd place once again!

We'll try to be 1st, this time b:thanks

Omg, it means I'll be cata puller once again for Fleau! It gonna be fun b:laughb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I just want to say Gratz to Catalyst they did a good job.
    They handled aoundd 15 TW in one weekend and for people who QQ about fake bids, they had Afterlife, Valhalla and Omerta stacked (and other time was Kylin, Valhalla and other) which i say no other faction would be able to handle these 3 factions in TW same time and win.
    I personnally didnt had chance to TW vs them, maybe on the new map.
    So anyway gratz Catalyst good job and see you on next map :)

Bella
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Jeffiner - Harshlands
    Jeffiner - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Congrats cata for holding the most land before reset and for being undefeated in tw. I hope this reset gets everyone over qqing gets the other factions together, makes the tw fights fun again and a challege. I am exicited to have a tw that last more then 10 minutes.
    b:kiss Hit me.You Can't Hurt me.Suck my kiss b:chuckle
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Gratz Catalopes!!! Glad to be a part of this one b:cute
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Not sure Crimson can be congratulated for the 2nd place if they just sucked up to be spared of same fate everyone else suffered - they did their typical dodging of every possible confrontation.

As for Cata deserving the credit for defending in 15 TWs:

Valhala is nowhere near to what it was in its prime.
    Kylin is dead.
    Afterlife is 2weak atm.
    Mayhem is a pve faction ffs and it has issues with TW attendance.
    Omerta is dead.

So what exactly was so special about Catalyst defending vs these half-dead, weakened and miserably looking factions? If they defended in 3 TWs with Valhala, Kylin and Afterlife in their prime - then hell yeah they would've lost without a doubt, problem is back then those factions had too big egos to work together, rather focusing on irrelevant fights in the grand scheme of things.

Only thing Catalyst deserves credit for is beating disorganized cash shopping powerhouses 1on1. As far as their other victories, seriously in a game where money rules over skill it would be sad if Catalyst lost to mediocre factions considering the fact their members spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on PWI (just one heavy cash shopper in Catalyst spent enough money to gear up 80 players to r9, so go figure)

I'm by no means against cash shopping, time=money, but still you gotta face the fact you have a bunch of r9+12 players fighting vs factions that mostly have r8 players.

As for the comment that Catalyst are not all that good - that statement is correct. They are nowhere near a competitive guild from main stream e-Sports, but they are the closest thing to it which makes them so superior in PWI because every other faction is a reflection of incompetence at its best, so of course it ain't hard to look good when your competition is that bad.

And don't get me wrong, I don't hate Catalyst, I hate on the rest of the server that is incompetent to overcome an obstacle, making it look like it's fighting demigods. For the sake of good competition, I hope the map reset will bring more balance among the factions and best of luck to everybody, including Catalyst.
    edited February 2012
    LOL... C$ keep the game alive ijs, and its so ''clich
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2012
    LOL... C$ keep the game alive ijs, and its so ''clich

dont know why that didnt post all my message but ppl who spend their time QQ about Catalyst C$ should use their time to farm their stuff they will realise its possible to farm decent gears without C$, and i know ppl who farm R9 without C$, in Catalyst and other faction, so get over it, stop be lazy and go farm...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Payaso - Harshlands
    Payaso - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Whoever said cata had more land..uhm no o.O zulu needed 3 tw's till full map..cata still needed 7? 6? Idk... GJ cata 4 ruling tw map & zulu will always be remembered as 1st guild to dominate map :P.. PS quit yer long *** walls o txt..quit complainin..i posted ss's to remember gud times n **** not create problems
  • Curses - Harshlands
    Curses - Harshlands Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Whoever said cata had more land..uhm no o.O zulu needed 3 tw's till full map..cata still needed 7? 6? Idk... GJ cata 4 ruling tw map & zulu will always be remembered as 1st guild to dominate map :P.. PS quit yer long *** walls o txt..quit complainin..i posted ss's to remember gud times n **** not create problems

Ur not the only zulu random living in the past glory days. All of the old zulu who got carried and were not successful after the reset cling to that success...which is understandable I guess.
  • Sabella - Harshlands
    edited February 2012

Valhala is nowhere near to what it was in its prime.
    (Did they have a prime, if after the last reset was in their "prime" we wiped them off the map a couple times)
    Kylin is dead.
    (Beat them in their prime as zulu)
    Afterlife is 2weak atm.
    (were they ever strong?)
    Mayhem is a pve faction ffs and it has issues with TW attendance.
    (we kicked them around as zulu and cata they attacked us as zulu every week call them pve if you want but they at least had enough balls to show up (unlike valhhaha after we beat them 2x) every week)
    Omerta is dead.

regardless of what you think or claim, we defended our lands, and are still undefeated.
  • Payaso - Harshlands
    Payaso - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Ur not the only zulu random living in the past glory days. All of the old zulu who got carried and were not successful after the reset cling to that success...which is understandable I guess.

i quit playin o:
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    regardless of what you think or claim, we defended our lands, and are still undefeated.

Apparently you missed this line "Only thing Catalyst deserves credit for is beating disorganized cash shopping powerhouses 1on1"

Fact is you are so-called heroes of your street, aka suffering from syndrome of thinking you are better than you actually are, like I said, your competition is so pathetic it would be a joke if you managed to lose after spending individually $50k or more on a game in which $$>Skill.
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    lol, u think we dont know that? Doesnt change a thing.
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Lol the term cs getn so old, if ppl wanna dump money into the game so be it. This has never changed its cheaper to cs now due to gold prices. People do w.e they want with their money..that's why they earn it, some choose to be crack heads like others choose to spend it on games. If you don't like the game Quit, go play another game, or cs,...orrr just ****.
  • apex1predator
    apex1predator Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Apparently you missed this line "Only thing Catalyst deserves credit for is beating disorganized cash shopping powerhouses 1on1"

Fact is you are so-called heroes of your street, aka suffering from syndrome of thinking you are better than you actually are, like I said, your competition is so pathetic it would be a joke if you managed to lose after spending individually $50k or more on a game in which $$>Skill.

By the logic of $$>Skill the map should have been red with Valhalla.

But dw, you'll have your piece of the TW map now and Cata wont be beating down AL's door...yet
  • Sabella - Harshlands
    edited February 2012

Aren't you part of the "pathetic competition"? ijs
    gg
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    There are two different Zulu factions trying to reform now and live off the credit of others. You should join up and continue trying to live off the success of others like they are.
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    wait there are two fake zulus? i know one is spelled z, u, capital i, u
  • tfi2f
    tfi2f Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Come ooooooon PW

DO IT JESUS
    A RESET NOTE SALE
    BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM
  • Zorothustra - Harshlands
    Zorothustra - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    What the **** is this thread about? I mean ffs haven't we enough of this **** already on Harshlands server. TheDendra stop repeating what every person against Catalyst has said and go do something about it rather then whine.

I'm gonna go play SWTOR tell you sorted it, m'kay
  • Hellsarcher - Harshlands
    Hellsarcher - Harshlands Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Aren't you part of the "pathetic competition"? ijs
    gg

sabella why do you keep posting just to troll? It's rather annoying women ><
  • tfi2f
    tfi2f Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    She's not a troll. Trolls have skill and wit. A troll does it proactively to achieve a specific effect. She posts reactively and defensively and tries her best to put up a "troll" front by piecing together fragments from various memes. She's not a troll.

Just a try-hard.