not to smart over here..pleas help

dawgylove2012
dawgylove2012 Posts: 8 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Support Desk
hey everyone i have read a bunch of thread's concerning the "game fail's issue " i was hoping that some one may be able to tell me how to fix it in let's say " simple term's " cause i have no idea what every one is talking about !!! i downloaded everything i was suppose to ( i think ) do i need to re download the whole game ? b:cry
Post edited by dawgylove2012 on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    =) Lemme try and put this into terms you'll understand.

Did you just download the game? Or was your game up to date before the update?

What exactly did you "download"? Tell me exactly. Was it a patch? Both patches?

Are you getting an error message with weird letters you don't really understand? May I see a picture of it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • dawgylove2012
    edited February 2012
    =) Lemme try and put this into terms you'll understand.

Did you just download the game? Or was your game up to date before the update?

What exactly did you "download"? Tell me exactly. Was it a patch? Both patches?

Are you getting an error message with weird letters you don't really understand? May I see a picture of it?

my game was up to date before the update, i download the pathes it said to and i downloaded direct x 9.0 and then i read a thread where some one had to download microsoft visual c .. so i did that to, i'm not getting any message's just when i click start it say's game fails
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Aha! I think I know your issue. You only needed to use one of the patches to update your game manually, not both. One is for the clean game right from the website. The one that says v580-612.

The one you needed to use is the one for a properly updated game. The v606-612 one.

Hmm, so does your game launcher say Version 612 at the bottom now? If so, you may have accidently double updated it. Oops. That can sort of corrupt the games files.

Before we jump to conclusions and you start downloading a fresh version of the game, can you try verifying files for me? =) There's a little button that says "Verify" on the launcher, click that and let it run through. Then we'll go from there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • dawgylove2012
    edited February 2012
    o.k i am verifying now
  • dawgylove2012
    edited February 2012
    yes it does say 612 at the bottom
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Well, lets wait until it's done verifying, and see if you get any pop ups that mean I can tell you good news. I want to try and avoid having you go through redownloading the game AND waiting for it to update again if I can. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• dawgylove2012
    edited February 2012
    i see this is going to take a while...but anyway thank's for helping me
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, verifying basically goes through all your games files and see's if any are missing or broken, then replaces them. A lot of problems with updating can be fixed by verifying.

I'm going to post a few other things that may help you after the game is done checking it's files, because I'm being dragged off to sleep. b:chuckle.

You said you downloaded the direct x 9.0. That's a separate program from the game. Did you click it to make it update yet? I'm not saying do it now of course, since it's not good to do it while the game is checking files. =)

EDIT: Going to sleep. It's 8am here and I haven't slept yet. XD Been helping too much. I'm terribly sorry though.

I hope I helped a little bit, since you seemed to be understanding me. =) I wish you luck and hope your updating from here on out is flawless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xilplxim - Dreamweaver
    Xilplxim - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    check to see if you need the direct 9.0c i needed to get this to run the game. its a 2 second update.
  • dawgylove2012
    edited February 2012
    i downloaded direct x 9.0 already....and now that's it's done with the verify.....when i click start it still say's * enter game fail *
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    Maybe if you posted more details on your setup and what exactly you've done so far we could help you better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tuff_Cookie - Raging Tide
    Tuff_Cookie - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    How do you verify it??
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    How do you verify it??

Verify.jpg
    That's kind of a "Duh!" moment there, I am sorry to say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    i downloaded direct x 9.0 already....and now that's it's done with the verify.....when i click start it still say's * enter game fail *
    Did you actually run the Direct X update? Or did you just download it and let it sit on your desktop?

Did you run it while the game was NOT updating/verifying? That might be the problem. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tuff_Cookie - Raging Tide
    Tuff_Cookie - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Oh okay I just was't sure what you ment by that, working on it. For a very long time I could bot get it to even go to the launcher Dx