So... anyone get a chance to test the damage increase yet ?

Hexalot - Dreamweaver
Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Seeker
Is the "slight" increase noticeable in any way ?

Won't be able to download until I get home tonight. b:surrender
Post edited by Hexalot - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Brafkung - Raging Tide
    Brafkung - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i havent been able to try it out myself yet since the update failed at 95% and started over..:/

but talked to some ingame friends that play seeker and they say its rly noticeable
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    i havent been able to try it out myself yet since the update failed at 95% and started over..:/

Have you tried downloading the manual patcher ?
    but talked to some ingame friends that play seeker and they say its rly noticeable

Good to hear. b:victory

Can't see anything less than say a 3% increase being noticeable (and even that's pushing it). Also wonder if they updated the Seeker skill icons as well since those should accurately spell out the damage per skill (and hence flag any increases as well).
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I must say im not seeing any increases on paper, like skill tool-tips or such, but it is noticeable whilst i was doing all my expansion quests.

Even if the multiplier was low like 3% them crits, zerks and crit zerks are really making it noticeable.

Downside: HP Debuffs can no longer be QPQ'ed b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Yea seems to be a nice chunk added- on the lvl 3 mobs out side of plume I would hit none crit not zerk unbuffed for 38-40k now is 58-60++k

but why not in any skill descriptions ???
    or even attk =/
    re
  • Deadlife - Lost City
    Deadlife - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Yea seems to be a nice chunk added- on the lvl 3 mobs out side of plume I would hit none crit not zerk unbuffed for 38-40k now is 58-60++k

but why not in any skill descriptions ???
    or even attk =/

lol nice? thats like a 50% increase, too bad if its really that nice people will complain and it will get the axe.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well here is best example I can give, since I never really document every **** I make (We have proc for that)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fvd17uar9I

In the video when I put the rings/belt/etc only thing im short of what I have now Is r9 belt- But see the zerkcrit with gemni there was 185k, vid was done months ago-

Pic below I took off my r9 belt to match my str as whats in the video---still same refines, and shards (or lack of atm)Look at dmg log-same skill

http://i41.tinypic.com/vxyno8.jpg

Only reason I know well of the changes, is that spot I stand alot randomly hitting things while in Vent meetings for faction stuff-
    re
  • Deadlife - Lost City
    Deadlife - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Yea I just finally updated after work, and logged in to check on the mob that I pound on multiple times per day, krixxix, I usually shatter, battousai, gemini to debuff, wait on gemini cd and gemini again. tryin to see what my highest crit I can get. now the tricky part for me is the highest I can remember hitting him was 79k. today I did the same thing and hit an 76k, 69k, then an 83k (which sucks after seeing your 100-200k hits) but i guess my r8 +7 sword vs your r9 +(?) its to be expected.

so its hard saying what with that range of damage swords do, but I guess it has gone up just not as significantly as I had hoped after reading this thread. I havent tried any pvp yet, those numbers were a bit more consistent for me as I tend to fight the same people everyday.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    OK... my turn.

Just got the update and went straight off to West Arch to tackle some lvl 21 mobs and test the damage difference.

The reason I used these mobs is because when I first got my R9 sword I was curious as to what the difference in damage was between it and my R8 blade. So I basically spent quite a bit of time on the Dyrads and Venomous ghouls comparing damage.

Anyway back then I was consistently hitting the lvl 21 mobs for between 16-18k on the Rank 8 using Battousai exclusively to ensure consistency and because the skill has a fast cool down.

Well just now I re-equiped the R8 sword (after taking off the rest of my R9 gear so that the attack levels wouldn't warp the results) and am now hitting those same mobs (again using Battousai) in the 20-22K range... which is essentially like a whole other refine level on my sword.

I didn't test my Rank 9 sword because I've refined it since then. My R8 would naturally have the same refines as back then of course since its essentially retired now.

So taking the average between the two damage ranges (17K vs 21K) that works out to an increase of 23.52%. Lets just round it up to 25%. b:laugh

Keep your results coming guys. The more examples we have, the more accurately we can nail down the exact increase. b:victory
  • QuakeX - Lost City
    QuakeX - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i dont feel a thing...

mayb yall having placebo effect lol, when someone tells u its higher u feel like it is higher.

but i hope im wrong, id take an increase of 25% in output anyday. b:cute
  • Kalish - Lost City
    Kalish - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I am hitting about the same as I was pre-patch, but I also stopped wearing a Jone's and started wearing an O'Malleys....so there has definitely been an increase.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i dont feel a thing...

mayb yall having placebo effect lol, when someone tells u its higher u feel like it is higher.

but i hope im wrong, id take an increase of 25% in output anyday. b:cute

Welcome to the seeker forums.
    genotypist wrote: »
    Balance

Attack Speed changes
    Once a player surpasses 4.0 attack speed, whether passively or via a buff, they will incur a -5% damage penalty as well as a -20% accuracy penalty.

Seeker
    Saber Rattle no longer costs Mirage Celestones.
    Krav Maga no longer costs Mirage Celestones.
    Seeker damage skills have had their damage output increased slightly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    without a jones.

i dont see much of a difference.
    maybe 1k less damage from gemini maybe 2k here or there.

once i get that 30% it should be nice
    Objective: Complete
  • QuakeX - Lost City
    QuakeX - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    actually.... actually..... lol i aoed on sp mobs today, and hit 94k thn 98k i was like O_O .... i usualy do 82-84k most. so yeaa..... mayb .....just mayb b:chuckle