Who got the new skills?

BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Barbarian
so... for who got the new skills, did you liked? are you planning a combo with that skills? what's the higher damage multiplier (and damage) you dealt with Blood Rush? did the 2 unavaiable skills made you rage? coments about them are free. b:victory
Post edited by BloodTyrant - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The only skill you can get is Berserker's Rage at the moment only because no one has the prestige and influence points to get the others.

I did join Luminance for Blood Rush though. I got my cleric alt in Corona and traded the skills over for my Barb though.

Only have Berserker's Rage learned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Still updating... b:sleep
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    When I looked at the Barb skills, they all struck me as being pretty good. So I went with Shroud on my barb (for now) and got Berserker's Rage as a trade from somone else.

I think BR is hilarious. A 20-meter AoE with a 35-meter range that you have to be in human form to use? That is awesome. I spent a good 15-20 minutes just playing around with this skill in the newbie areas around Lost City. I wish I could see more uses for it in PVE, but at least it's fun to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • LolliLoo - Sanctuary
    LolliLoo - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I got berserkers rage for my barb and do not like it what so ever. Does little damage couldn't kill level 30 mobs in one shot or 2 shots when im a level 99 barb. It also doesn't make sense do to the fact it does triple damage while in air and can prevent players from flying, yet it is unusable in air...

Not gonna get Raging Slap either since it can only be used on players...I don't want people to only be able to target me
  • RangerFEAR - Lost City
    RangerFEAR - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I bet it does triple damage to people in the air, and prevents kiters from flying. That sounds more reasonable, I have not gotten yet so I don't know. I.E. Fighting an EA he starts to fly you use skill, does 3x damage and knocks them out of the sky.
    edited February 2012
    I bet it does triple damage to people in the air, and prevents kiters from flying. That sounds more reasonable, I have not gotten yet so I don't know. I.E. Fighting an EA he starts to fly you use skill, does 3x damage and knocks them out of the sky.

Yes, it has PvP uses, if you are lucky, you can knock loads of people down from the sky, which is epic, plus they are locked out from flying for 30 seconds.

It has a nice size range and it AOEs as well. The only issue is the knockdown is based on chance, 60%-100% to be exact, apparently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Spunkie - Dreamweaver
    Spunkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    So, has anyone with Berserker's Rage had a chance to test it against flying mobs? I'm curious how it would be in FC when you pull the hallway mobs and use that skill to drop the Harpies in with the rest of the group of mobs. b:victory
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Was playing with it tonight. It's a human form skill that (rumor has it) can't zerk but has good range, although it is very weak. My archer friend was impressed it knocked him out of the air and put a 30 second buff on him to cancel any flying, however he still could jump around plenty. It's damage was... pathetic, even on mobs. So yah, its not a DD aoe skill and is almost specifically for dropping players out of the skies or possibly catching aggro if you are in human (at the cost of 2 sparks).
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Was playing with it tonight. It's a human form skill that (rumor has it) can't zerk but has good range,

Correction it can Zerk, and if it can zerk i assume it can zerk-crit which with the 3x damage multiplier + 4x damage from Zerk critting it might hit pretty damn hard
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I can auto-attack my wife for about 1200, but used this skill on her when she was flying, and did 400. Useless. And seems to me it doesn't proc that often on the ant-iflying part.
  • Blaxton - Raging Tide
    Blaxton - Raging Tide Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The in-game description for Berserker's Rage appears to be a copy past of Berserker's Wrath, when in fact it should be a weaker version.

What Rage's description should probably be:
    Dragon extinct: only usable on the ground, atk target and all enemies 20meters around him, deal 50% base atk dmg, has 50%-90% chance to disable their fly mount, deal triple dmg to air targets.

Wrath's description:
    Yan Mie Dragon extinct: only usable on the ground, atk target and all enemies 20meters around him, deal 120% base atk dmg, has 60%-100% chance to disable their fly mount, deal triple dmg to air targets.

Anyway, I think the skill is nice looking and really fun, but I wish it would knock flying mobs to the ground and that it didn't cost 2 sparks. Maybe 15-30 chi or no chi at all for what it is now. The upgrade to 120% base damage that comes with Berserker's Wrath should be nice though, too bad that skill isn't yet available.
  • XxZloxX - Raging Tide
    XxZloxX - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    anyone got any idea if bloodrush is worth it? got almost enough prestigue but dont wanna waste it on my 5aps barb if skill is fail
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    anyone got any idea if bloodrush is worth it? got almost enough prestigue but dont wanna waste it on my 5aps barb if skill is fail

You better have made a new thread, this will probably be closed for necro. But since you obviously used the search function, I'll put my reply anyway.

I got bloodrush on my barb and really love the skill. However, it's a skill for pulling/aoe because it's only effective when you get hit and by many mobs/many times. The downside I find is that it's activated in humanoide for only, while I consider it a typical pulling skill (i.e. true form). In trials or tm, my attack went up by a lot b:laugh Also, the cd is a bit long b:sad Can use it only 1 out of 2/3 pulls.

My barb is vit build, and I don't think the skill would be of much use for 1-target poking. On top of that, it's usually not the barb that has aggro on bosses even with fists. Ofc, this doesn't mean the skill is worthless for aps barbs that still have the role of a puller in squads (I hope you still use tigerform unlike the crapload of fail clawbarbs on Sanc b:shocked). You just won't use it when fists are equiped.
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited June 2012

I have Blood Rush and I absolutely love it with 5 aps. Not to mention if you can get the timing right in PvP it works like no tomorrow as well it stacks with spark. So say you are hit 20 times at 8% thats a 120% damage increase while used with spark which is a 500% increase, and being a barb you have the choice of sage/demon SoT which can be 40-50% increase.

So thats saying about 660%-670% damage increase in the time frame of 15 seconds. As for getting Cornered beast I am currently 1k prest away. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have Blood Rush and I absolutely love it with 5 aps. Not to mention if you can get the timing right in PvP it works like no tomorrow as well it stacks with spark. So say you are hit 20 times at 8% thats a 120% damage increase while used with spark which is a 500% increase, and being a barb you have the choice of sage/demon SoT which can be 40-50% increase.

So thats saying about 660%-670% damage increase in the time frame of 15 seconds. As for getting Cornered beast I am currently 1k prest away. b:bye

ok letting deago's calculator aside, to be more specific, if you get more than 10-15 hits with bloodrush the next skills you use will have a ****** high dmg, if you crit or zerk with it in pvp, my friend, your rival will have a problem! in terms of PvE, be sure to check, if you have a sin in sqd, he'll rib strike the boss, save the blood rush when the boss loses the rib effect. there are 2 bosses that are perfect for the use of bloodrush, steelation and incarcerate(final warsong boss), a little bit before it go aps mode use bloodrush, as soon as it starts use invoke and tank the boss dmg till a veno or archer purge it, devour->spark and enjoy the big dmg b:dirty
  • Blaxton - Raging Tide
    Blaxton - Raging Tide Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2012

I use this skill a lot. It's great for pulling, soloing, and tanking whether with axes or claws. Even if you don't have aggro on bosses, depending on if the boss AoEs, how often, and the kind of squad you're running with, you might still see a nice increase in damage. It really depends on the nature of the boss and the nature of the squad. You could also use it a little before the boss if you're tanking mobs or the mobs are throwing AoEs around.. then you might be able to get in a spark or two on the boss with the increased damage already stacked... just a thought, there are a lot of ways to experiment with it. You can always use it, and if you don't see an increase then don't bother the next time.

I noticed that it starts stacking when getting hit for above maybe 70 or 80+ damage and that for certain pulls, its 60 second duration isn't enough. If it could be used in either form, like Bestial Rage, that wouldn't be a problem. Also I agree the cooldown is a bit on the long side... Other than that, I think any skill that can increase damage output is great! Just put it on and see what happens. xD
    edited June 2012
    Bloodrush is great for soloing instances and for 5.0 APS users. Just got Cornered Beast, love having a safeguard against death. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • XxZloxX - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    You better have made a new thread, this will probably be closed for necro. But since you obviously used the search function, I'll put my reply anyway.

Yup me going to my class thread... and looking for people talking about the new skill.. what search function?? where else would i go for info about barbarian skills beisdes the barbarian forum.....????

and thank you everyone for your replys
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    got Cornered Beast, really nice skill. played around in Cube / PK TW and TT with it, was very useful .
    working my way up to Blood-rush now though.
    cant wait to try it.

but i cant be the only person that thinks Blood-rush should be a passive skill.
    always active.
  • XxZloxX - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    nah i think bloodrush is fine way it is, just got it finally yesterday (got slowed down farming nirvy on my bm) love it for soloing fc pulls, and doing warsong bh's its nice, now im working on cornered beast