*waiting 10 sec*

*Enter game fails* msg...

any1 else got this problem?????? b:surrender
Post edited by hi7ok1ri on

Comments

• fawkes151
    fawkes151 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Do u have any message that ask you to install directx 9.0c ?
    Do u have it already installed ?
  • viviroy
    viviroy Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    can anyone can tell me the link for direct x 9.0c and tell me where to instal it thanks
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    viviroy wrote: »
    can anyone can tell me the link for direct x 9.0c and tell me where to instal it thanks

You can get it in the patch notes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • hi7ok1ri
    hi7ok1ri Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    fawkes151 wrote: »
    Do u have any message that ask you to install directx 9.0c ?
    Do u have it already installed ?

already installed ...

verifying ALL files atm... ETA 18 hours..b:cry

I think I better reinstall whole gameb:surrender
  • viviroy
    edited February 2012
    i know it`s sound stupid but i can`t acces www.microsoft.com i don`t know why more friends can`t too i am from Romania if you have another link or someone can explain me
  • fawkes151
    fawkes151 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    search on web for directx9.0c
  • hi7ok1ri
    edited February 2012
    i know it`s sound stupid but i can`t acces www.microsoft.com i don`t know why more friends can`t too i am from Romania if you have another link or someone can explain me

just google it... u dont have to download it from ms site
  • viviroy
    edited February 2012
    i did it i get an install but where i must install it ?
  • hi7ok1ri
    edited February 2012
    i did it i get an install but where i must install it ?

just run installer for dx9.0c
  • Juffin - Archosaur
    Juffin - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I see quite of few saying just re-install directX. First and formost that does not always fix it as I had already had to fix the issue on a friends computer. You have to actualy do a fix not just re-install.

The bigger question here is why in the hell would a software manufacture/programer not catch this type of a problem during testing? It would seem to me this is exactly the type of issue that a Q/A team would be looking for before a software release.

I have yet to see a sticky note posted by a single member of the PWI staff refering to the issue that so many people are having to support the software that they have provided.

Wake up Perfect World Entertainment and get a hot patch out.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The bigger question here is why in the hell would a software manufacture/programer not catch this type of a problem during testing? It would seem to me this is exactly the type of issue that a Q/A team would be looking for before a software release.

I have yet to see a sticky note posted by a single member of the PWI staff refering to the issue that so many people are having to support the software that they have provided.

Lol you must be new to this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Wadzio - Lost City
    Wadzio - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I see quite of few saying just re-install directX. First and formost that does not always fix it as I had already had to fix the issue on a friends computer. You have to actualy do a fix not just re-install.

It doesnt fix it. Like Im saying I have Direxct 9.0 c installed. Well I guess Imma reinstall the game... >.>
    Because size really MATTERS!!!
  • HisSukkubus - Archosaur
    HisSukkubus - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Reinstall doesn't seem to fix it so i wouldn't waste your time I have had the same issue since the servers went live I sat through the verification, the reinstall and re patch and still getting fail to enter game......
  • nekrofeelyack
    nekrofeelyack Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    EDIT: Per Microsoft Support, this version of the Microsoft Virtual Console is part of a cumulative security update. Run windows update and this version will be installed.

OR, for those unable to do so, updating your Visual C++ runtime libraries will also resolve the problem.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en

If this doesn't fix it for ya, post the error from your application event log here, removing the host name of your computer from the log, and I'll see what I can figure out. And for the record, so far the issues I've seen related to this were NOT PWE's fault. Keep windows up to date - lesson learned.

Some additional information, and a double-check with the PWI community to see if everyone experiencing an application start failure sees the same kind of error:

Directx 9.0c developer runtime and debug libraries have already been installed and verified.

The referenced resource in the SXS dependency check is PRESENT on this computer, files have been verified. I did notice that the VERSION of the resource files contained in the folder with the specified token are actually v.8.00.50727.312 and not 8.0.50727.762 - could this be the source of the problem?

A check through the Windows application event log yields the following error whenever the game client attempts to initialize, whether via the launcher or a direct start of elementclient:

Log Name: Application
    Source: SideBySide
    Date: 2/15/2012 11:08:03 AM
    Event ID: 33
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Description:
    Activation context generation failed for "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"&gt;
    <System>
    <Provider Name="SideBySide" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49409">33</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-02-15T17:08:03.000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>377</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762"</Data>
    <Data>C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>
  • hi7ok1ri
    edited February 2012
    FUUUUUU FUFUUF UFUUUFUFUFUUFb:angryb:angry

ragerageragerageragerageragerage

I REFUSE TO FORMAT COMP AGAIN, ))b:laugh)))RATHER QUIT GAME...is there any GM' or MOD with ANY INFO ON THIS?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????b:shutupb:shutup
  • nekrofeelyack
    nekrofeelyack Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    hi7ok1ri wrote: »
    FUUUUUU FUFUUF UFUUUFUFUFUUFb:angryb:angry

ragerageragerageragerageragerage

I REFUSE TO FORMAT COMP AGAIN, ))b:laugh)))RATHER QUIT GAME...is there any GM' or MOD with ANY INFO ON THIS?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

No point in raging. If it is an incorrectly specified dependency a small patch will resolve the issue. If it isn't, I should have paid more attention in my Computer Science classes.b:cryb:surrender
  • hi7ok1ri
    edited February 2012
    No point in raging. If it is an incorrectly specified dependency a small patch will resolve the issue. If it isn't, I should have paid more attention in my Computer Science classes.b:cryb:surrender

I know...sry m8...I use this game to relax after long day so its just kinda annoyingb:surrender
  • Rougweee - Dreamweaver
    Rougweee - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    edit: Per Microsoft Support, This Version Of The Microsoft Virtual Console Is Part Of A Cumulative Security Update. Run Windows Update And This Version Will Be Installed.

Or, For Those Unable To Do So, Updating Your Visual C++ Runtime Libraries Will Also Resolve The Problem.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en

If This Doesn't Fix It For Ya, Post The Error From Your Application Event Log Here, Removing The Host Name Of Your Computer From The Log, And I'll See What I Can Figure Out. And For The Record, So Far The Issues I've Seen Related To This Were Not Pwe's Fault. Keep Windows Up To Date - Lesson Learned.

Some Additional Information, And A Double-check With The Pwi Community To See If Everyone Experiencing An Application Start Failure Sees The Same Kind Of Error:

Directx 9.0c Developer Runtime And Debug Libraries Have Already Been Installed And Verified.

The Referenced Resource In The Sxs Dependency Check Is Present On This Computer, Files Have Been Verified. I Did Notice That The Version Of The Resource Files Contained In The Folder With The Specified Token Are Actually V.8.00.50727.312 And Not 8.0.50727.762 - Could This Be The Source Of The Problem?

A Check Through The Windows Application Event Log Yields The Following Error Whenever The Game Client Attempts To Initialize, Whether Via The Launcher Or A Direct Start Of Elementclient:

Log Name: Application
    Source: Sidebyside
    Date: 2/15/2012 11:08:03 Am
    Event Id: 33
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/a
    Description:
    Activation Context Generation Failed For "c:\perfect World Entertainment\perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.vc80.crt,processorarchitecture="x86",publickeytoken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762" Could Not Be Found. Please Use Sxstrace.exe For Detailed Diagnosis.
    Event Xml:
    <event Xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"&gt;
    <system>
    <provider Name="sidebyside" />
    <eventid Qualifiers="49409">33</eventid>
    <level>2</level>
    <task>0</task>
    <keywords>0x80000000000000</keywords>
    <timecreated Systemtime="2012-02-15t17:08:03.000z" />
    <eventrecordid>377</eventrecordid>
    <channel>application</channel>
    <security />
    </system>
    <eventdata>
    <data>microsoft.vc80.crt,processorarchitecture="x86",publickeytoken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762"</data>
    <data>c:\perfect World Entertainment\perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe</data>
    </eventdata>
    </event>

Dude Ur My **** Hero I Installed The Program From Link And It Works!!!! I Love You
  • lissajane
    lissajane Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    EDIT: Per Microsoft Support, this version of the Microsoft Virtual Console is part of a cumulative security update. Run windows update and this version will be installed.

OR, for those unable to do so, updating your Visual C++ runtime libraries will also resolve the problem.

etc....

I love you too !! b:pleased b:kiss

after a day of faffing about loading this and that and getting nowhere your link was the one that worked b:victoryb b:cool
  • abbycool
    abbycool Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Apparenly i tried everything given as a solution on forums and there is no fix whatsoever for Enter Game Fails only, rest can be solved bt this error cant....b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vronca - Lost City
    Vronca - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    hi7ok1ri wrote: »
    downloaded manual patch

patch installed..

started client..

*verifying files blabalball*
    *click start to start game*

and then i get the message it sux plz help me plz
  • abbycool
    abbycool Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well, i tried Turning off the Firewall and my Antivirus when Enter game fail even after installing directx9.0c and microsoft c++ 2005, and that worked for me! Hope it does for u guys too b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    abbycool wrote: »
    Well, i tried Turning off the Firewall and my Antivirus when Enter game fail even after installing directx9.0c and microsoft c++ 2005, and that worked for me! Hope it does for u guys too b:victory
    .__. ...Did you really have to throw copypasta on EVERY THREAD?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3