miss, miss, miss o.O

EnDeavor - Lothranis
EnDeavor - Lothranis Posts: 53 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Seeker
Since descent update, I miss pve targets (whatever their lvl) a LOT more than before.
Haven't changed equip, I have demon adrenal numbness which give +10% accuracy, but even on low targets (lvl 80 mobs) I keep missing, even at insane rates (5 miss in a row). I could believe that it was just a matter of luck, but after numerous tests and mobs bashing, there is something wrong.

I feel like a barb b:sad

oh and no, I'm not 5aps b:chuckle

Anyone noticed such change ?
Post edited by EnDeavor - Lothranis on

Comments

• Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I haven't noticed a diff o.o

Then again, I manage to Miss my cleric two times in a row in duel. 25 evasion vs. 2.6k accuracy xD fml
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well, you don't have to be 5aps to get the accuracy nerf that was released in the update. Are you 4.0aps or above when you demon spark? If so, that's why.

If not, weird. You must have bad luck. O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Galeheart - Heavens Tear
    Galeheart - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I noticed myself missing a lot as well, http://pwcalc.com/12aacff4e45d4858 is my setup, so not exactly lacking in accuracy... Maybe the mobs have a higher evasion rate? Something new to throw us off? xD I missed maybe 20 times today, before the update I used to only miss maybe 3 or 4 times a month? Or maybe we're all just unlucky today b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EnDeavor - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    err no I'm a bit far from 4aps, I'm an almighty 1.11 aps b:victory

I could blame the luck, but 1 whole day of bad luck b:shocked

edit

my setup : http://pwcalc.com/88a5e594ceeb9248
    low acc (1672 with demon) but never had any issue before (that's why I never had any use of +acc% rings so far)
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    err no I'm a bit far from 4aps, I'm an almighty 1.11 aps b:victory

I could blame the luck, but 1 whole day of bad luck b:shocked

edit

my setup : http://pwcalc.com/88a5e594ceeb9248
    low acc (1672 with demon) but never had any issue before (that's why I never had any use of +acc% rings so far)

I haven't noticed any change at all in terms of accuracy or missing, are you getting this happening in the new expansion area? alot of the mobs inside are 96-108 so would have higher evasion then say FC mobs or TT, with 1672 accuracy it maybe because of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • EnDeavor - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    I was used to do mobs in VoS, momaganon (near demon fb109, yeh I'm an oldschool zhen lover).
    Those mobs in momaganon are much "harder" than those new weak mobs in morai.
    I made the same test on lvl 80 mobs near holy fb89 entrance. Whatever the lvl of the mobs, I still have huge miss rate. And it definitively doesn't apply to Morai mobs only :/
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    From PWI Wiki:

evade% = ( target evasion - 1 ) / ( ( 2 * attacker accuracy ) + ( target evasion - 1 ) )

hit% = 1 - evade%

Math I used:
    Normal: =1-((Target Evasion-1)/((2*(Attacker Accuracy*0.8))+(Target Evasion-1)))

So at 1672 Accuracy:

Vanished Ancestor: 353
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/mob/25598

Normal: 90% (Kinda 91%)

Oceania Master: 83
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/24822

Normal: 98%

R9 Archer: 3306
    pwcalc.com/8e32d6e5952d68fe (Borrowed Hurrdurr's, was the first one I found)

Normal: 51%

Random Evasion Rates:

(More Finite Percentiles)
    @ 50 Evasion: 98.5%
    @100 Evasion: 97.2%
    @150 Evasion: 95.7%
    @200 Evasion: 94.4%
    @250 Evasion: 93.1%

My Seeker wife has a bit better attack speed, but not 4.0. She would have instantly told me if she saw an accuracy drop. Id say you have low accuracy (I wanna think you should probably have double that), I'd say invest in some accuracy rings.

Much like crit %, I've had days prior to the expansion with mobs that I see like zero crits at 25% for whatever reason, and like a huge chunk of misses even on 95% mobs. Or a full run of Nirvvy with a whole 1 canny outta the chests. Sometimes the random machine just gives you the finger.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Khirikazu - Lothranis
    Khirikazu - Lothranis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012

"Balance

Attack Speed changes
    Once a player surpasses 4.0 attack speed, whether passively or via a buff, they will incur a -5% damage penalty as well as a -20% accuracy penalty."

In Descent patch notes version in here.

If so, better make sure that your attack speed isnt more than that +4. O_=
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Just did order's daily after reading this post-

Not a single miss-
    re
  • SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSmash - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I have, in fact, noticed this as well. It's not a huge difference, but I don't really recall missing many attacks before on my Seeker, and on the first day of the new patch I do recall having a handful of misses close enough together to raise an eyebrow. I simply assumed it was because the mobs in Morai are a little sharper than the mobs on the main map, but a glitch in an update wouldn't exactly be a plot twist.
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    nope, i sac and crit more actually lol
    Objective: Complete
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited February 2012

"Balance

Attack Speed changes
    Once a player surpasses 4.0 attack speed, whether passively or via a buff, they will incur a -5% damage penalty as well as a -20% accuracy penalty."

In Descent patch notes version in here.

If so, better make sure that your attack speed isnt more than that +4. O_=

guess what..im 5.0 on 4 alts and when i spark i see no change in accuracy noe dmg reduction.

maybe dudes gear and stats are stank.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Icehart - Lost City
    Icehart - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm happy I'm not the only one who noticed this