Help please Pwi will not open!

Options
Breannak - Raging Tide
Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Support Desk
I download the new patch which took 12+ hours then when its done I get a message that say the file zlibwaplidill has fail'd to download retry to install again so I did maunal... the file said error and closed out will i be able to play PWI again are u serious? Must I need to use my income tax money to buy another laptop?? b:angry Please anyone I need help, willing to pay for it if i must! b:cry
Post edited by Breannak - Raging Tide on

Comments

• xghostx16
    xghostx16 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I download the new patch which took 12+ hours then when its done I get a message that say the file zlibwaplidill has fail'd to download retry to install again so I did maunal... the file said error and closed out will i be able to play PWI again are u serious? Must I need to use my income tax money to buy another laptop?? b:angry Please anyone I need help, willing to pay for it if i must! b:cry

It's part of the new update. For some reason it won't let anyone with a NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 4000 play the game. All we can do is wait and hope they fix it soon.
  • jillibaby1
    jillibaby1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    xghostx16 wrote: »
    It's part of the new update. For some reason it won't let anyone with a NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 4000 play the game. All we can do is wait and hope they fix it soon.

Well I guess that includes me cause I have the NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 440 or something like that...
    I still cant in even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game and doin the manual patch, it takes me to the annoucement's screen then just shuts down on me automatically.

But yesterday- I got further than that before it froze up my computer so I dont know what's going on. I dont want to verify files again that will take hours. I know there is a some sort of update for the NVIDIA but it does not actually update the card but I'm afriad to do anything in that it might cause me worse problems.
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    jillibaby1 wrote: »
    Well I guess that includes me cause I have the NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 440 or something like that...
    I still cant in even after uninstalling and reinstalling the game and doin the manual patch, it takes me to the annoucement's screen then just shuts down on me automatically.

But yesterday- I got further than that before it froze up my computer so I dont know what's going on. I dont want to verify files again that will take hours. I know there is a some sort of update for the NVIDIA but it does not actually update the card but I'm afriad to do anything in that it might cause me worse problems.

Lol, I updated my NVIDIA files but that didn't help. I've downloaded everything that people have said that would work but nothin. I think all we can do is either buy a better pc/upgrade the one were using now or hope that PWI will fix this problem.
  • TobiasTiger - Lost City
    TobiasTiger - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    Options

No, Do not post there. that is not for glitches or anything with problems.
    If you post there you will not get help.
    You should post all your glitches and problems at Technical Support Zone on this site.
  • jillibaby1
    jillibaby1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    xghostx16 wrote: »
    Lol, I updated my NVIDIA files but that didn't help. I've downloaded everything that people have said that would work but nothin. I think all we can do is either buy a better pc/upgrade the one were using now or hope that PWI will fix this problem.

Well, I am being told that an update on your graphics card will help which in the long run will be cheaper than getting a new computer if you cannot afford a new computer.
    Anyone with the GeForce 4 will have to update thier card to the 6200 or 660. If you have extra slots in your computer, u can simply get the card and install it and it will piggyback the GeForce 4 one and allow you to play.

It seems along the way when they did the update, if you had the GeForce 4 card, or 4000 series, somewhere along the way it became uncompatable with the updates. Your graphics card may still be working properly...however, the issue here happened after the updates right? Okay...so some of the updates were not compatable with our graphics cards so either the drivers or the cards themselves are not able to communicate with the updates now and that is obviously a game only issue...it's something they need to try and fix and seeing as how so many ppl are having the issue, let's hope they fix it soon.
    Otherwise, we can all either get a better graphics card or a new computer.

I cant afford a new computer but I'm guessing I could find a graphics card on ebay alot sooner than it might take them to fix the problem. It could mean another new patch and I'm sure they are seeing all of these complaints and know what the problem is but however long it takes them to fix it, is anyone's guess.