Can't play anymore

Options
syka94
syka94 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Support Desk
When the update came out i downloaded the manual patch. Not even 1 error but when i press start,loading screen appears,and game ends suddenly when the first confirmation window appears before log-in screen. I thought it's a problem and reinstalled the game,auto-patched this time and.....same problem :). What's wrong ? Please answer !
Post edited by syka94 on

Comments

• xghostx16
    xghostx16 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    syka94 wrote: »
    When the update came out i downloaded the manual patch. Not even 1 error but when i press start,loading screen appears,and game ends suddenly when the first confirmation window appears before log-in screen. I thought it's a problem and reinstalled the game,auto-patched this time and.....same problem :). What's wrong ? Please answer !

It's part of the new update. For some reason it won't let anyone with NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 4000 log-in. I hope that PWI will fix this soon but they are not responding other then saying to get a new pc/upgrade.
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    sorry when it comes to computers im a nooblet.what is that??
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    sorry when it comes to computers im a nooblet.what is that??

It's your video card. You can check it by selecting windows and the bottom left of your screen then selecting "run..." then type "DxDiag" then click enter.
    This will show you everything about your pc that you need to know.
    Video cards are what power just about everything including our games.
  • jillibaby1
    jillibaby1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    xghostx16 wrote: »
    It's your video card. You can check it by selecting windows and the bottom left of your screen then selecting "run..." then type "DxDiag" then click enter.
    This will show you everything about your pc that you need to know.
    Video cards are what power just about everything including our games.

As I said in the other message I just posted, I have the GeForce 400 Series, GeForce GT 400 cause I have window's XP..and I still cant get in even tho I have been playing PWI for over a year and had no problems gettign into Genesis when it came out but mine does the same thing.
    I get to the annoucement screen and it just shuts down on me. But as I stated I got further than that yesterday- I got to the log in screen where you put your password right before u enter the game but my computer froze up on me and when I tried to get in again all I got was software error messages and the game shut down on me, today I get NO messages or anything but it just shuts down on me at the annoucement screen.

This is getting very frustrating at this point- after spending 13 hours trying to get into the game yesterday here I am still stuck and now it looks like it's because of my graphics card?
    When I did not have any problems playing PWI genesis with it?

I did find some sort of update for the graphics card driver and I installed it but apparantly it did not help. This makes no sense...
  • xghostx16
    edited February 2012
    Options
    jillibaby1 wrote: »
    As I said in the other message I just posted, I have the GeForce 400 Series, GeForce GT 400 cause I have window's XP..and I still cant get in even tho I have been playing PWI for over a year and had no problems gettign into Genesis when it came out but mine does the same thing.
    I get to the annoucement screen and it just shuts down on me. But as I stated I got further than that yesterday- I got to the log in screen where you put your password right before u enter the game but my computer froze up on me and when I tried to get in again all I got was software error messages and the game shut down on me, today I get NO messages or anything but it just shuts down on me at the annoucement screen.

This is getting very frustrating at this point- after spending 13 hours trying to get into the game yesterday here I am still stuck and now it looks like it's because of my graphics card?
    When I did not have any problems playing PWI genesis with it?

I did find some sort of update for the graphics card driver and I installed it but apparantly it did not help. This makes no sense...

Video cards are built into your pc so the update you got only gave you a few new features. I understand that it did work before but I think its just the log-in screen that is messing us up. If you wanted a for sure fix, you will need to buy a new pc. but other then that, all we can do is wait and hope that they "try" to fix it.
  • jillibaby1
    jillibaby1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    xghostx16 wrote: »
    Video cards are built into your pc so the update you got only gave you a few new features. I understand that it did work before but I think its just the log-in screen that is messing us up. If you wanted a for sure fix, you will need to buy a new pc. but other then that, all we can do is wait and hope that they "try" to fix it.

So what u are saying is that my card is also part of the 4000 series and anyone who has that cant get into the game.
    But I got further yesterday before I redownloaded...and I am using all of the graphic settings on the lowest settings as well which I did yesterday too. I managed to get all the way to the log in screen where u put your password but then it froze up on me. I did not think it was due to the graphics card because I have been playing PWI all along but I suppose there is a good possiblity that is what the problems is seeing as how, even on the lowest graphics settings- my screen froze up on me at the log in screen.

I have the game downloading onto my lap top now, not sure what card that has but I guess I should find out cause if it's not any better than the one on my desk top, I wont be able to play there either.
    I know the card on this computer is worse so I was not even going to attempt to play
    on this one.

I guess the graphic card sucking is a pretty good explaination as to why it kept freezing on me and why now I cant get in. My graphic card is a removeable one tho, because my computer was built for me, I am wondering if I can just get a new card and install it verses getting a new PC...but even if I got a new card I would not know which one to get that would make the game work. I am not super smart when it comes to computers and mine is 8 years old as it is...so if I got a new card what one should I get...

This computer I am typing on now has the GeForce 500 series, I think...but I did the Dx Diag on it and I dont see anywhere where it says what kind of graphics card it has at all, I looked under every tab and I see nothing...it does have direct x 9.0 in it I see but I dont see anywhere where it says what type of graphics card it has.
    It's a Gateway computer running windows xp as well but I tried playing PWI on it before and it simply would not run at all so I am not sure what that means, it obviously has some sort of graphics card but I cant find out which