10 members in squad

GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
but only 6 allowed in most instances.

either the pw staff missed it or this was intended. if missed please repair within next few maints.

if not, keep it how it is. ill just run around in the outside world wiff 10 people :)

nice tweak guys!
Objective: Complete
Post edited by GallaxXIII - Sanctuary on

Comments

• S_Swipe - Sanctuary
    S_Swipe - Sanctuary Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It is only a 10 member squad for the new area and its daily quest. You can have a ten man squad when ever you want but not for your BH/FB/TT/FCC
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Adding a "Convert to Raid" option was too hard. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zalm - Dreamweaver
    Zalm - Dreamweaver Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    but only 6 allowed in most instances.

either the pw staff missed it or this was intended. if missed please repair within next few maints.

if not, keep it how it is. ill just run around in the outside world wiff 10 people :)

nice tweak guys!

no....bull****. I got my crew together to do a ten man run in fc? nothing. We had to have 4 sit it out....wtf is that ****? Why give us ten people squads, then not allow us to use them? Thats like giving someone a cookie and saying they cant eat it.
    I don't see people begging for Assassins to come save them.
    I don't see people spamming for BM or Archer buffs in Archosaur.
    I don't see people asking to be revived by Barbs, Seekers, or Psychics.
    You know what I do see?
    'OMG I NEED A CLERIC!'
    'Any clerics nearby that can buff me?'
    'Can you rez me? I need a rez.'
  • Kalish - Lost City
    Kalish - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I weep for humanity.
  • LoraTab - Dreamweaver
    LoraTab - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm still curious if anyone has tried to take the 10 person squad into a nine trial since that is a somewhat "new" instance. It is even one that allows mounts, which sorta sets it apart in some ways from the rest of the instances...although is similair to tw.
  • S_Swipe - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    no....bull****. I got my crew together to do a ten man run in fc? nothing. We had to have 4 sit it out....wtf is that ****? Why give us ten people squads, then not allow us to use them? Thats like giving someone a cookie and saying they cant eat it.

And again, it was upped to a ten person squad for the new Morai dailies.
  • Kurisutina - Sanctuary
    Kurisutina - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Tsukyini

I must tell you, I love love love your signature. =D
    Changes are inevitable, Conform or be Left behind. ^_^
  • Zalm - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    And again, it was upped to a ten person squad for the new Morai dailies.

yet we ALL can make a ten person squad...why even set up the option outside the new map if they wont let anyone use it? I refer back to the cookie example. The devs give cookies to me and tell me I cant eat it, then give one to my friend in the new expansion, who begins chowing down. Then they both troll laugh at me. Not exactly a good way to bring in new players, OR keep older ones.
    You know what I do see?
    'OMG I NEED A CLERIC!'
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Tsukyini

I must tell you, I love love love your signature. =D

Why, thank you very much. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UMad_Bro - Sanctuary
    UMad_Bro - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Have any of you considered the implications of 10 person squads in TW?

b:bye
  • Zalm - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Have any of you considered the implications of 10 person squads in TW?

b:bye

I suppose since I dont take part in the melodrama that is TW, no. I dont really care to though. I just wanna have fun with my crew in BH and FC.
    You know what I do see?
    'OMG I NEED A CLERIC!'
  • S_Swipe - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    yet we ALL can make a ten person squad...why even set up the option outside the new map if they wont let anyone use it? I refer back to the cookie example. The devs give cookies to me and tell me I cant eat it, then give one to my friend in the new expansion, who begins chowing down. Then they both troll laugh at me. Not exactly a good way to bring in new players, OR keep older ones.

Again should anything that PW does surprise you? Should it? Why they upped it to ten people I have no clue. Dropped the daily boss in a minute with the 10 people I had already today.
  • Zalm - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Again should anything that PW does surprise you? Should it? Why they upped it to ten people I have no clue. Dropped the daily boss in a minute with the 10 people I had already today.

This is true, but I still want them to either make it for everyone, or specific. Dont give me a sword I can only use in a certain dungeon, but am allowed to hold all the time. That makes no sense, they just need to take it out completely, or make it 10 man squad all the time, not some weird mix of both.
    You know what I do see?
    'OMG I NEED A CLERIC!'
  • UMad_Bro - Sanctuary
    UMad_Bro - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I suppose since I dont take part in the melodrama that is TW, no. I dont really care to though. I just wanna have fun with my crew in BH and FC.

Content aimed for a 6 person squad would be way too easy with 10 people. They have the choice to make current content harder (= QQ from many) or restrict the 10 person squads to more difficult new content.
  • Bun$ - Archosaur
    Bun$ - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    are people really crying that they cant have 10man squads for no other instance .__.; do some ten man world bosses or something idk

idk why you'd want to do a ten man FC wouldnt the nerf make it not worth it
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012

You have no idea why they upped it to ten?

Well, I'm not positive either, but I have an idea.

There are 10 different classes. If I remember right, the new instance gets a bonus of some sort if all 10 slots are unique (i.e. one of each class).

So, 10 slots = one of every class = no class needs to be excluded = hopefully less QQ.

But again, that's just my guess.b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • S_Swipe - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    You have no idea why they upped it to ten?

Well, I'm not positive either, but I have an idea.

There are 10 different classes. If I remember right, the new instance gets a bonus of some sort if all 10 slots are unique (i.e. one of each class).

So, 10 slots = one of every class = no class needs to be excluded = hopefully less QQ.

But again, that's just my guess.b:shutup

Yea I know about the bonus, but 10 people just tear through that daily boss like nothing. Its not a big jump in xp, about .02% but still.
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I hope they keep it this way. After a while PWI can get boring and having different size squads for different things keeps the boredom at bay just a tiny bit.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Yea I know about the bonus, but 10 people just tear through that daily boss like nothing. Its not a big jump in xp, about .02% but still.

What level is required to get to do the boss? If it's 95, then the boss might be tuned so that it can be killed by a squad of 10 decently geared level 95 characters, which would then of course make it super easy for people 100+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • S_Swipe - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    What level is required to get to do the boss? If it's 95, then the boss might be tuned so that it can be killed by a squad of 10 decently geared level 95 characters, which would then of course make it super easy for people 100+.

Yea the new realm is open for 95+
  • Jellytops - Heavens Tear
    Jellytops - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Why do I see so many people come to the forum QQing about "Noooo, we had a 10-man suqad rdy for [whatever "old" instance], but only 6 could get in", when on the same forum, there had been a thread talking about this BEFORE the patch...

Sure, big bosses in open world will be easier, but heck, you could just get a few top level players to take it before 10-man, and I guess you wouldn't QQ about it going down too fast then.

Stuff that are supposed to be done with a few people, will still be ment for few people. Stuff that require more people, will still be ment for more people. When you're doing normal "kill XX of these" quests, you can do it solo. Why not QQ about this going too fast because they allow it to be done with a squad? Just an exampleb:chuckle

Not mocking any specific person, just amused by the ignorance of some people.
    *-*-*When I wears my flashing sword and my hand takes hold on judgment. I will take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me. Oh lord, raise me to thy right hand and count me among thy saints.*-*-*
  • S_Swipe - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Why do I see so many people come to the forum QQing about "Noooo, we had a 10-man suqad rdy for [whatever "old" instance], but only 6 could get in", when on the same forum, there had been a thread talking about this BEFORE the patch...

Not mocking any specific person, just amused by the ignorance of some people.

Look who the OP is, nuff said. Been back on the forums for two days and I cant believe the amount of QQ these days.
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Imagine a fcc squad with 10 people...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • S_Swipe - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012

Pointless xp wise and im sure that lower level squads would blow up from exceeding the fail limit.
    edited February 2012

Done in 10 minutes, and very little exp? In other words, no fun... People selling power leveling would get richer faster though.
    *-*-*When I wears my flashing sword and my hand takes hold on judgment. I will take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me. Oh lord, raise me to thy right hand and count me among thy saints.*-*-*
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    System
    Squad Changes
    The group limit has been increased to 10 players.
    New Morai dungeons may be attempted with 10 players.
    Current Perfect World instances are still capped at 6 players.
    @ OP b:sweat Patch notes, people, patch notes. Read please. They help you to QQ less about things that were intentional.

@ Discussion At first I thought this was a rather silly thing, since there was no point unless you really wanted to chat with 4 people outside of your bh while staying in squad chat. Now that I think about it though, I don't want to have heal 10 people in BH69 or something equally crazy. So I'm fine with it the way it is. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    What's that? I can't hear OP over his massive QQ.

@Jeremied lmao think of a 10 man squad, 9 people being dumb and aggroing everything without aoeing... b:sweat No thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
    edited February 2012
    LFM NIRV. Need 9 more 5 APS b:bye
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    @Jeremied lmao think of a 10 man squad, 9 people being dumb and aggroing everything without aoeing... b:sweat No thank you.
    Well that's basically what the Morai farming instance is gonna be. b:chuckle But at least it's not BH69.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well that's basically what the Morai farming instance is gonna be. b:chuckle But at least it's not BH69.

b:laugh I wouldn't mind it in some instances, but bh69 is the worst for me as a cleric. D:
    In FC? Lol NO. I'd die, it's enough to try to keep 6 people alive who steal aggro every 5 seconds... add 4 more? I'd just ragequit xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞