Seeker summon...

/eren - Dreamweaver119
/eren - Dreamweaver119 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Mystic
anyone else find giving the seekers a 60-90 second long summon that puts our cragglord to shame (mostly cuz of the damage it does and for so long) highly offensive to us as a class? I mean seeing as summons are our classes specialty... yes i know we sort of borrow everything from other classes in a way but really? our own race stealing from us? archers stole stealth from sins and everyone stole soulforce from psychics. what is with this? I think since they are stealing from us we deserve a perma AOE skill like their vortex skill. call it soul absorption aura and it does an everlasting aoe. at least then you could give more of a story line excuse like the earth guard taught each other each a special ability

I know this is sort of a general rant but i want feedback from the mystic community specifically 1st.

feel free to disagree or agree and comment.
Post edited by /eren - Dreamweaver119 on

Comments

• Nefierius - Sanctuary
    Nefierius - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    anyone else find giving the seekers a 60-90 second long summon that puts our cragglord to shame (mostly cuz of the damage it does and for so long) highly offensive to us as a class? I mean seeing as summons are our classes specialty... yes i know we sort of borrow everything from other classes in a way but really? our own race stealing from us? archers stole stealth from sins and everyone stole soulforce from psychics. what is with this? I think since they are stealing from us we deserve a perma AOE skill like their vortex skill. call it soul absorption aura and it does an everlasting aoe. at least then you could give more of a story line excuse like the earth guard taught each other each a special ability

I know this is sort of a general rant but i want feedback from the mystic community specifically 1st.

idk how hard their pet hits so i can't say anything on the subject atm. but as for it hitting harder then craiglord and being 60 seconds look at this 1st

craiglrod = 60 second cd 20 second duratoin
    UPGRADED *takes forever to get* seeker pet, is 60 second duration 3 minute cd. so it's essentialy the same thing as craig in duration to cd. and seekers gain spark far far slower then us and spam it on vortex, that helps offset the spark costs.

and does theirs get 2 AoE's AND have amazing phys dmg *theirs gets phys dmg and pets AoE's as seekers are a couple are based with mag attack, and mystic pets unlike veno's and idk about seekers get stats based off of our own*, so if we say have insane mag attack our craiglords 2 AoE's are jsut gonna rip things apart. where as seekers AoE's which 1 or 2 used metal dmg which may be mag based or just have a set base *soulforce so heavy refine base* where ours gets boosted by attack/defence lvls AND our mag attack, may help offset it ijs. only time will tell though
  • Akaihane_ - Heavens Tear
    Akaihane_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well, apparently, seekers can use their pets with vortex... the pets can apparently use all of their aoes at the same time... think about the **** they'll cause with that damage...
  • BloodMaid - Momaganon
    BloodMaid - Momaganon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    just want you to remember something ... Mystics are kind of EVERYTHING , but arent the best in any "tree" . Even a mystic with cragglord wouldnt be good as a dd compared to a non-summon seeker lol. Thats why mystics are regulary are asked to join only when a healer is needed. And they just dont need to feel replaced ... YOUR job doesnt change at all.
    "Just think of Psychics replaced Wizards"
    "Mystics replaced Clerics, Wizards and Venos"
    "Seeker are as good as bms" (What is really NOT true )
    "Sins replaced everything since they got 5 APS and bp"

So, my dear Mystics, as the most overpowered class besides sins in the game, you are the LAST who should QQ about this. It is kinda easy to understand PWs thinking of the new patch: the overpowered classes get even more powerfull skills and the harder classes get skill that are useless .
    Cragglord will be easier to cast than the seeker-summon, since a seeker already has the job to build up chi for vortex and to control their mp as it falls like hell during vortex, so i doubt they will use it more often than Mystics. it can be usefull when youre the main-healer and salvation is needed. Im just wondering if the summon will be bad as the mystics summons when it comes to pulling ( what would be a waste of chi with cragglord anywayb:chuckle)
    or if it will be easier like the veno-pets
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    UPGRADED *takes forever to get* seeker pet, is 60 second duration 3 minute cd. so it's essentialy the same thing as craig in duration to cd. and seekers gain spark far far slower then us and spam it on vortex, that helps offset the spark costs.

and does theirs get 2 AoE's AND have amazing phys dmg *theirs gets phys dmg and pets AoE's as seekers are a couple are based with mag attack, and mystic pets unlike veno's and idk about seekers get stats based off of our own*, so if we say have insane mag attack our craiglords 2 AoE's are jsut gonna rip things apart. where as seekers AoE's which 1 or 2 used metal dmg which may be mag based or just have a set base *soulforce so heavy refine base* where ours gets boosted by attack/defence lvls AND our mag attack, may help offset it ijs. only time will tell though

Im not sure what you mean by this 'taking forever to get'. Just this morning I had a seeker in my BH79 squad with a pet. 24 hours after release is hardly forever though.

I didnt notice where the pet did all that much, but his owner could be getting used to working with the pet and learning what it can do, OR maybe the pet's a silent killer. b:chuckle

Im not playing long enough to really comment on all that much, but Im liking the new area ALOT! Im loving the 'rat' dungeon. I was laughing last night as me & a friend left after killing the boss and watching all the other player/rats run in. Too cute! b:cute

I dont see the seeker pet being a big problem, but it could be a big help. Time will tell if its a problem or not.

I cant see the dev's bothering with the expansion at all if they felt it would REALLY hurt the game. b:victory

Im more worried about spamming for a cleric and ending up with a metal mage instead of the healer Im looking for, lol. >.<
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm not too worried about it. It's probably very useful with the skills it has but yea, most of the time seekers will vortex anyway. b:surrender

And then again. I thought we're mystics consisted of more than summoning things XD Unless seekers now start healing the squad they can be weird seekystics b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Rieco - Raging Tide
    Rieco - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The new seeker summon you can get pretty much instantly after joining the order and doing a quest or 2.
  • ntkn
    ntkn Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    are there summons stats based on your gear and atk lvls like mystic summons are? because tbh im thinking that during the 60 seconds they are on the field they will out damage a cragglord simply because crag is only 20 seconds. but idk, crag can dish out some serious damage during those 20 seconds.

someone really needs to test this.
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Some tests are needed but yeah, wow, the seeker pets hit like pansies. So much so that not sure seekers will use them much other than to look cool, since 2 sparks are kinda brutal for their pets' low dps. Not worried from a mystic standpoint :)
  • ypg519
    ypg519 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Compared my current lv 96 cragg and sage devil to the stats of the 103 pets on seeker board.
    I'm concluding that the Angels are like temporary chi expensive Devils.

Should NOT have given them stun though. Fending off a stun pet and a seek in pvp is annoying. Even if all I do is duel. <_<

Edit: HP on that thing is insane though.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Seeker pet summons HP, mag/phys defense and attack damage are all based on soul force (i.e... refines) of Seeker. So basically damage wise at 30K soul force the pet does approximately base 5K phys damage and 5K magical damage. It has a bash skill to double their damage and a flesh reem skill to damage over time. I'm not sure how that compares with cragg lord pet damage to be honest. b:surrender

Also... most Seekers won't be using their pets to actually kill stuff outright (Seekers are pretty competent in that area already... if you're talking PVE :). Its the debuffs and control skills the pets come with that make them really handy. For instance the pet has a 10m stun aoe. It can also debuff a player or monster whereby the crit rate on any and all attacks it receives for the next 5 seconds goes up by 15% (again depending on soul force).

Again people are right that the 2 sparks it takes will mostly be saved for vortex in PVE dungeons/grinding. But in PVP and TW... the pet will come in very handy indeed. :)

Finally... the pet summon skill comes in two types. A beginner skill Seekers get the same day with all the stats (depending on soul force) and a later upgrade. The beginner pet's duration is only 30 seconds. The upgrade stays out for one minute... however it (the upgraded pet) isn't available yet in the new expansion.
  • /eren - Dreamweaver135
    /eren - Dreamweaver135 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Thank you very much for sharing! I think that helps us compare to our cragglord much easier. It makes me feel better I wont see it too often in pve
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    ive done a test with my hubby on DMG in TT 3-1 team mode on the snake lady goddess boss (whatever her name is :))

anyways...

seekers pet: 5.3 from skill dmgs, and 2.6k dmg per normal hits

my cragglord: between 15-22k dmg (yea very big range) from skills, and 5.3k normal hits.

very big difference in dmg there. havnt tested in pvp though... but their pet will be useful for the stunning skill.

as for compared to, say lightning mistress, on the same boss, she was doing 11k per hit with her main skill. i think my devil was doing about 1.5k normal hits and like, 3k ish on his attack (i didnt write devil dmg down since i dont use him in TT much anyways)

keep in mind this is on a ? boss (level 150) where the pets will do maximum damage, but its easier to see the difference in attack on these bosses as well. and i also think that the seekers summons attacks depends on the players soulforce, also not totally 100% sure on that, but even so i dont think it will ever be as close to craggs dmg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    ive done a test with my hubby on DMG in TT 3-1 team mode on the snake lady goddess boss (whatever her name is :))

anyways...

seekers pet: 5.3 from skill dmgs, and 2.6k dmg per normal hits

my cragglord: between 15-22k dmg (yea very big range) from skills, and 5.3k normal hits.

very big difference in dmg there. havnt tested in pvp though... but their pet will be useful for the stunning skill.

as for compared to, say lightning mistress, on the same boss, she was doing 11k per hit with her main skill. i think my devil was doing about 1.5k normal hits and like, 3k ish on his attack (i didnt write devil dmg down since i dont use him in TT much anyways)

keep in mind this is on a ? boss (level 150) where the pets will do maximum damage, but its easier to see the difference in attack on these bosses as well. and i also think that the seekers summons attacks depends on the players soulforce, also not totally 100% sure on that, but even so i dont think it will ever be as close to craggs dmg.

Yeah... the Seeker pet will never compete with Mystic summons in the damage department simply because mystic pet damage is determined by gear while Seeker pet is tied to soul force. And the damage done by Cragg lord on say a R9 Mystic will be much higher than anything soul force can give.

But like I said above... the seeker pet will be most useful in a support role in that it can aoe stun and increase the crit rate damage on selected targets for everyone in the squad... which will really make it a nuisance in TW. :)
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    good stuff, hexalot
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2012

plz if it came that close to cragglord u would have seen the QQs rollin in by now. and its only 30-60 secondes 60 is only if u can get the lvl 100 version. cragglord still hits freakishly harder and is way more valuable
  • Spirit_Healr - Sanctuary
    Spirit_Healr - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If my cleric had an never ending aoe skill like u guys want, i would trade it to you for all ur new heals.. u dont need them, all ur healing plant **** is good enough XD
  • t4akacentaur
    t4akacentaur Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Cragglord Lv10

Mana: 1806
    Channel: 1.5 seconds
    Cast: 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown: 60.0 seconds
    Weapon: Unarmed, Magic instrument
    Requisite Player Level: 86 (Lv59 For Skill Lv1)
    Requisite Cultivation: Transcendent
    Total Coins Spent By Lv10 (Max Lvl without Demon/Sage): 4,060,000
    Total Spirit Spent By Lv10 (Max Lvl without Demon/Sage): 3,013,000

Description: Sparks summon the Cragglord to fight alongside you. The Cragglord does
    immense damage, but lasts only 20 seconds.

This skill costs 0 Mana.
    Energy Leech may not be cast on the Cragglord.
    Costs 2 Sparks.

--=--

Angels of Justice Lv2

Mana: 282
    Channel: 1.4 seconds
    Cast: 1.5 seconds
    Cooldown: 180.0 seconds
    Weapon: Blade
    Requisite Player Level: 100 (Lv80 For Skill Lv1)
    Requisite Cultivation: Aware of Vacuity
    Total Coins Spent By Lv2 (Max Lvl. Demon/Sage apparently has no effect): 5,500,000
    Total Spirit Spent By Lv2 (Max Lvl. Demon/Sage apparently has no effect): 5,500,000

Description: Summons two Spirit pets to aid you in battle. The Spirit pets fight by your side for 60
    seconds. Attack power of the two Spirit pets depends on your Soulforce.

Costs 2 Sparks

--=--

There. I think it seems obvious now that Mystics have it better.

The only good thing for the Seekers is the MP cost difference I guess. It costs us 1k+ and them 280 something. And obviously the extra 40secs the summon lasts (37 if you're a Sage Mystic).

But they have a cooldown of 180 seconds, people! That's 3 minutes! O.O Ours is 1min! For the mathematically challenged, that's 2 whole minutes more than ours.

And the price! It costs them 5.5mil to get to Lv2 and it costs us 4.06mil to get to Lv10! It costs them 5.5mil Spirit where it takes us only 3.01mil!

They need to be Lv100 for max skill level where we only have to be Lv86!

So bottomline is: Our summon is cheaper coin-wise and spirit-wise, can be levelled sooner and can be used more frequently.

Oh, and by the way, the "This skill costs 0 Mana" bit about Craggy is rubbish. I just checked and it does take MP. I just put it in there because that's what it says in the in-game skill description.