A Little Thank You...

Options
AprilLove_ - Heavens Tear
AprilLove_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
I wonder, does anyone here ever give thanks to PWI staff for a great game, I'm just curious.

I have played a few other online games in the past 7 years and honestly they have pist me off to the extent of I don't know what ... PWI is the ONLY online game I have never deleted in 7 years since I started it. Heck I've had 4 other online games on my laptop which I have found little or no interest in because of those games making me feel I HAD to cash shop to play it so I didn't have enough money and had to quit the game. But in PWI if I do shove in the odd 30 euros, it can help my toons big time for bout 4 months, other online game 2 weeks lol at a high level toon. At least you can PVE really well if ur a poor player like me and if i had more money I would feel I would get so much value for my money for cash shopping. Other online games I feel rip you off ( ok I do stand corrected though ). In PWI okay if you do not have enough real life money, at least these amazing PWI creators are saying if you guys don't have the money irl for ur gear and what not, you can still have really good gear but it will take longer. Lol not as long as um 2 years in the other online games I have played. This game allows poor players to enjoy the game - and thank you for the people who have more money to enable us poor players to play this game too, believe me I so do not forget about that!

Now let's talk about the coders or developers behind this game. Recently they created an amazing new patch in regards to the new Descent title. I have brand new skills on my toons which I love. Some players may be annoyed over stuff but the principle here is those coders etc who spent so much time and effort to make sure this game appeals to us. If any of you are still unhappy, then why play? I personally don't get why anyone could be pist off with this game. I love to try new online games ( lol mostly f2p if i can be honest ) but just saying in my opinion, this game has never made me feel like fook this I'm quitn for good!

PWI staff have put so much time and so much effort into creating a beautiful, well entertained online game. After a humongous patch, you may get the odd little glitches but they do sort out, so give them a break and be patient.

Apologies about this long post, but I just felt at this time right now, that I wanted to say thank you Perfect World International for a great game. I'm going to bed now, so good night and God Bless :)
Post edited by AprilLove_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Torva_Avune - Archosaur
    Torva_Avune - Archosaur Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    yes,after some deliberation ive decided to go for the violet dance skill on my cleric,to see for myself what its like

intending to get to lvl 95 :D
  • Xacte - Raging Tide
    Xacte - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    +1 b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tkx for Siggy to Dorset - Heavens Tear b:pleased
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    replace the word "staff" with "the old devs that got fired"

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • FanFon - Dreamweaver
    FanFon - Dreamweaver Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    And here I thought it was going to be a qq thread. I say nice change of pace for once
  • SomebodyTwo - Lost City
    SomebodyTwo - Lost City Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    /inb4rage and b:angry

But yeah... nice post, I think you have won the game b:laughb:victory
    My YT Page: "youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th" I have HD PWI/Minecraft Videos
    I am a non-cashshopper. I registered on: 08-26-2008 22:21:23
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
    Also, Minecraft is awesome.
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    TheDendra - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    "PWI staff have put so much time and so much effort into creating a beautiful, well entertained online game"

Now really? Poor devs work so much...riiiight, with the amount of money we spend on the game, we should be getting a much better product, but hey I'll admit it's our own stupidity to be blamed, not their laziness to actually make this game balanced.

Their one and only worry is how to get more money from us, if they were any smarter they'd realize a dead game is a dead game and without a healthy core pwi is nowadays nothing but a spending ground for a handful of R9s.
  • Senire - Sanctuary
    Senire - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I first joined PWI in 2009. I stopped playing for a year after creating a lvl 35 cleric. I thought the game was way too difficult. I was a noob, of course. The reason why it was so hard is because I put all my points in STR b:surrender

Instead, I joined a another game in the meantime where spending $100 a WEEK is NOT enough. The coin drops are almost exactly the same amount as PWI's, but when I quit, 4 billion coins was considered dirt poor. Yeh, that's right, 4 billion with a drop rate from mobs of 1k coins. Last I checked, 50 billion coins is now considered dirt poor.

I returned to PWI from that crazy inflated game and I must tell you, PWI is just great. Sure, I spend some real money here and there, and I get along just fine. But I don't even need to spend real money, I'm just lazy sometimes and impatient. The buy/sell system is a wonderful asset to this game for moneymaking.

It's not just the economic system that's great in this game, it's also fun! It's not like most games where the goal is just to lvl up and that's it. There's so much more to do in the meantime, and I think that really stands out from other f2p games as well.

Thanks PWI! b:victory

*EDIT: I just realized it says my join date is Feb 2012...? I've had this account since 2009 with more than one post! And it says my last visit date was 12-31-1969!!!
  • AprilLove_ - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Options
    TheDentra I'm sorry to hear about you feeling negative towards this game and you have your reasons and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Another reason why I feel though the opposite of what you said is I had a level 102 wizard in another online game and I loved playing my toon there, but I couldn't play anymore. I had to quit it because it was costing me minimum 50 euros a month to play her. I simply could not level her any further unless I put that money into the cash shop, so for me it became p2p so I had to quit.. Now my highest level in PWI is only 78 so I know you higher levels have every right to say to me "ok hold on here now hon, but once you get to high level here it gets VERRRRY expensive..." and that's true. I have a close friend here who has a level 102 cleric and he tells me it's soooooo expensive and he did warn me big time about that and yes I did feel disappointed about that. But pvp is where the cost mostly is, I feel though if you're a pver like me you still have to have good gear to be welcomed properly into a high level instance, but what I'm saying is, to get that gear being a poor player, you can BUT you have to farm for mats, which takes a looooooong time but you can though. You can get the mats, to make ur gear or vendor them overnight or during the day. Oh and let's not forget PWI allows us to multiclient whereby we can use 1 toon to do the vendoring while we level another toon. Um, no other online game allows me to do that, so thanks for that too PWI. If i want high level gear, which I know is crazy expensive, I will have to get my toon to farm for AGES for mats and all that. My ex had his level 90 veno grind for a full week and made over 12 million over it. Grinding can be boring I know, but if you can;t afford to cash shop, at least you can have the option to just work harder for your gear. PWI is not saying though "ok if you can't cash shop at a higher level, then TOUGH, you may as well give up". Like every online game, it needs to make money to enable us to play BUT with this game we have to just work that bit harder like grinding for days and weeks or what not to make money. In that other online game that I would consider my 2nd fav online game (i do stil love the gameplay there and i make sooo many friends there), I can't do that. I would love if i could grind for mats or farm for mats or what not to help towards gear, but the mats are way too hard to find and you just simply can't grind to make money. PWI has an item database to aid you to find ur mats or whatever.

About half a year ago, one of my close friends said (and I would like to find this site) whereby there was a list of the top 10 online games. PWI got number 5, I was shocked, I was expecting at least number 2 or 3. The other online game I mentioned came number 10. I feel deep down, that if you have the heart to enable poorer players to play just by giving them a little bit more hard work by the grinding and stuff, they will play more, they will tell their other 'otaku' (lol) friends about it and they will play too AND once I get a decent job, I will definitely love to fork in a bit more cash shop money because at least the items are permanent, I can sell them in the AH etc etc. Did my so-called 2nd fav online game give me that opportunity? Nope!

SomebodyTwo, thank you for that comment. Honestly I feel, this game has won me. Guys I know I will be probably going a bit more crazy when I start getn to the real levels as opposed to my likkle nooby 78 level I know that, but at least I know there are other ways to afford that gear. Yeh, it will be annoying and long, but at least I have that option, and I'm thankful for that. I just hope that others who feel totally different about what I'm saying here, won't go too hard on me because I do understand how you guys feel too, but I'm just putting in my opinion here and that I feel PWI caters for all types of people. I am also sure PWI is trying in their offices to make the game enjoyable for people who do find negatives. Whatever it may be, I love PWI and always will <(^_^)>.
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    gave my thanks:)

but this wasnt the place to do it.

forums full of trolls and QQers

it was a GREAT expansion though
    Objective: Complete
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Omg why can't i say stuff without so many words?!! Sorry!! b:shutup b:shutup
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hmm, I am a chatterbox irl too b:chuckle
  • Dpicic - Harshlands
    Dpicic - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ppl forget that games exist for fun and relaxation...

+1 to OP b:victory
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Gah I also made typo, I said the "7 years" thing in my first post. Game hasnt been out that long and I've played for bout 4 yrs. Was thinkn 7 years cos I got my first pc 7 years ago hahah. Sorry about that....*hammer over head*
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Dpicic, I totally agree!! It is for fun and relaxation and that is exactly why I play. I love to log on and my mates pming me and me skyping chatting them while I'm playing and just having an old laugh. My bf is great cos if i get killed and im on skype to him, he flies his cleric over to rez me. He also showed me the burning village new area via skype and i was like 'OMG i gota get to the 90s quick!!!!' I have way more incentive to level now!!
  • Bai_bai - Lost City
    Bai_bai - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    "PWI staff have put so much time and so much effort into creating a beautiful, well entertained online game"

Now really? Poor devs work so much...riiiight, with the amount of money we spend on the game, we should be getting a much better product, but hey I'll admit it's our own stupidity to be blamed, not their laziness to actually make this game balanced.

Their one and only worry is how to get more money from us, if they were any smarter they'd realize a dead game is a dead game and without a healthy core pwi is nowadays nothing but a spending ground for a handful of R9s.

I agree with this. PW has been dying for quite awhile now. Go to any starter area and notice how very few lower levels are running around. And chances are, if you see one, it's someones altb:surrender The only time you really see a whole lot of people in starter areas in with a new server launch; even then it's usually a bunch of vets from other servers. PWI needs to do something that appeals more to lower levels before the amount of genuine new players diminishes completely; and worry less about making $$.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    And ooh ooh the new pics that load you into game and the log on new screen with the mystical looking book opening up. I was like 'ahhhh i love you so much pwi!!!' It's soooooo gorgeous!!!!!.....ok, I'm basked now, seriously. b:shutup
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Bai_Bai I certainly hope it's not dying but i think it's good to give feedback, whether negative or positive and I'm sure that PWI will definitely note the negative feedback and try sort it. It's not good to have lack of lower levels in the game, I totally agree. I did start a new wizard a few weeks ago and I had absolutely no problems with her but I certainly agree that there should be a lot more lower levels because as you say there are lack of them. I do love the flashy gift box that appears on top of screen though that you can open after a certain amount of tiime, that's a nice little starting gift for newbies. It must be very hard though to have everything to perfection and suit every single person. Striving for perfection must be pretty tough going.