Sanctuary's rare pet problem

some1stolemyacct
some1stolemyacct Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2012 in The Trading Post
There are people logging in on junk accounts specifically to kill the rares if they have any competition in getting them. To be more precise, they log in with a veno and a DD 1-2 minutes before the rare spawns and if someone is there, they kill the rare. The only purpose for doing something so antisocial and selfish is so they get all the rares and set the prices way too high.
I believe I know which faction is doing this... or at least one of them, but I'm not 100% certain so I'll continue to watch.
Didn't the programmers think about this? Young gamers are often extremely selfish and will use any means to cheat honest players. They had a similar problem in another game I used to play and they patched it so people couldn't cheat the other players anymore. This game was realm vs realm and someone found a way to cheat people by logging out in the middle of a castle siege so that he could log in and take a castle by himself. People complained for a while and they finally fixed it so he couldn't cheat. I suggest PWI patch the game to do away with rare pets and make them accessible to anyone.
Did anyone notice the low level pets and items are often priced outrageously? New players cannot afford to get any good items anymore. b:angry
I had another account about 2 to 3 years ago and the prices were much lower on most things. On my new account, all my gear is junk. Some of it is about 20 levels too low for me. There's no way I can afford a herc so I tried to get a frog to tank magical foes. Frogs used to sell for about 200k coins, but these scum are killing them to skyrocket the prices of rare pets into the millions.
Post edited by some1stolemyacct on

Comments

• thescottsmen
    thescottsmen Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Although I agree that it is very selfish and "antisocial" to kill off the pets so no one else can have them, I disagree with two things. One, I disagree with the "young gamers" comment. This has nothing to do with the age of the gamer. I've gamed for a long time and see just as many middle aged/ older gamers do stupid snide acts such as this.

Second thing i disagree on is were you are posting this. This needs to be in the suggestions thread or the general discussion thread.

And for the record. I get the rare pets on a regular basis. Alot of it is based on luck.

Lastly, the big reason fro bringing a veno and a dd, is alot of times, the veno is to powerful to capture the pet w/o killing it. Thus the reason for the second charecter. I would bring my lowbie DD in to get it weak enough for my veno to capture it.
  • Lil_Smokeyy - Archosaur
    Lil_Smokeyy - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Although I agree that it is very selfish and "antisocial" to kill off the pets so no one else can have them, I disagree with two things. One, I disagree with the "young gamers" comment. This has nothing to do with the age of the gamer. I've gamed for a long time and see just as many middle aged/ older gamers do stupid snide acts such as this.

Second thing i disagree on is were you are posting this. This needs to be in the suggestions thread or the general discussion thread.

And for the record. I get the rare pets on a regular basis. Alot of it is based on luck.

Lastly, the big reason fro bringing a veno and a dd, is alot of times, the veno is to powerful to capture the pet w/o killing it. Thus the reason for the second charecter. I would bring my lowbie DD in to get it weak enough for my veno to capture it.

Are you selling any of the rares you capture if so what ones and at witch prices are u selling them am particularly intersted in purchasing a shaodu cub or even trade some snow hares for 1
  • thescottsmen
    thescottsmen Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Are you selling any of the rares you capture if so what ones and at witch prices are u selling them am particularly intersted in purchasing a shaodu cub or even trade some snow hares for 1

I see ill have to update my avatar to show my server. Unfortunatly I'm in heavens tear. or i would be more than willing to sell them to you.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I had another account about 2 to 3 years ago and the prices were much lower on most things. On my new account, all my gear is junk. Some of it is about 20 levels too low for me. There's no way I can afford a herc so I tried to get a frog to tank magical foes. Frogs used to sell for about 200k coins, but these scum are killing them to skyrocket the prices of rare pets into the millions.

That's called inflation, my friend, and EVERYONE is suffering from it. I remember when gold prices were 200k and a Tabby pet was about 300k. Could barely afford them then. Now, well....b:surrender

Odd thing is, we're on the same server and I SWEAR I've seen the froggy running around on it's pathway.

But the point is, you don't NEED the frogling. <_< Go and get yourself a nice non rare Prickly Oddfoot Pup. They have 9260 magic defense, where as the frogling only has 9213. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    People still play venos?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html