Downloading error -.- for Descent update

Arokha - Dreamweaver
Arokha - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Support Desk
Yeah so, I must be missing something while looking through the technical support zone because I don't see pretty much anything that helps me fix my client. I waited 8 hours and it was like 70% done then it says error retrying in so many seconds, 8 damn hours you have no idea how unbelieveably pissed off I am about this b:angry I tried redownloading the update, but I swear to god if it takes another 8 hours I will just give up on pw cause that's bs b:surrender b:cry How do I fix this x_x?
Post edited by Arokha - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• oceanbells
    oceanbells Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Ugh how laaaame! I am also having problems with errors. It erred out in one place and retried (literally) a good forty times before finally moving on, and now it's doing it again. And again. I'm giving it another hour before just trying again. I hope someone can help you...PW is fun to play, and it would suck to give it up because we can't get the patches/updates done.
  • bluemothstar
    bluemothstar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm having the same issue..It's having problems downloading files. b:sad
  • djkoca
    djkoca Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    How can i fix it why say ,,enter game fails'' ???b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • AnnBlackfire - Archosaur
    AnnBlackfire - Archosaur Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    im now 6 hours busy with this damned update. Installation was completed, but the verifying is still going at it! This is VERY annoying! I want to play the game and NOT be busy all damn day checking my screen for this update! b:angry b:angry b:angry
  • Arokha - Dreamweaver
    Arokha - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Well no help yet.. Couldn't ask anyone I know because no one's online so I started to download the update again... T.......T It's downloading faster this time but I hope it doesn't error again or I'ma cry b:cry
  • TeraMight - Sanctuary
    TeraMight - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    so i keep getting the update timing out and retrying in 7 sec> I look at the forum and they suggest a direct install, so i do that, It threw my version back to 580 and I go to play, it tries to update again, and still getting file download errors, timing out. Any advice, is there a full blown version of 612 out there, I'd be willing to uninstall and download that, but I'm not seeing anything.
    edited February 2012
    they did it again... update that just is more of a pain then a gain! Mostly installer and download problems i read so far. And no word of anyone that actually can do something, WTH are they doing? having a vacation???? b:angry
  • TeraMight - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Forget the auto updater, I finally found the manual patch and downloaded it. The install went just fine, if you really want to play I suggest this solution.
  • lithargia
    lithargia Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Can you link the direct patch for us please? Cause I am 9 hours into this and getting pissedb:angry
    edited February 2012
    Forget the auto updater, I finally found the manual patch and downloaded it. The install went just fine, if you really want to play I suggest this solution.

does that take care of the verifying as well? else i rather wait for the last 10%
  • NewRock - Raging Tide
    NewRock - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Where Did You Find The Autoupdater?
    edited February 2012
    Where Did You Find The Autoupdater?

autoupdater is the updater that pops up when you open the splash screen b:sleep
  • TeraMight - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

look at the bottom, find your version, download it your either at 580 or 606

If it does not auto start, double click it to start it after you download it

It verifies as it installs

Depending on your PC this will take 10 to 20 minutes to complete
    edited February 2012
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

look at the bottom, find your version, download it your either at 580 or 606

If it does not auto start, double click it to start it after you download it

It verifies as it installs

great, that installer download is already 3 hour wait!, they should really find another way to do this! This is deffo not good at all! b:angry
  • TeraMight - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    I rolled back to 580, in the beginning of this mess so for that update ( the 580 to 612 ) there was no wait, The people who were up to date in versions 606, there is a wait, so you can jump thru extra hoops, by rolling back to 580 and update or wait it out for your turn to download the 606 to 612 version
  • BloodPig - Raging Tide
    BloodPig - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    hey guys,
    try going into the tech support forum and on the very 1st post there is a thread with links to 2 patches, try tha tb:mischievous
    edited February 2012
    im online atm, seems like that verify didnt even have to be there. odd since their installations usually always need that for some odd reason. But i only seen minor changes so far. some screens are different, quest tracker is changed. but besides that, i see no difference. b:cry
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Did you guys read this stickie that would have saved you a bunch of trouble:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16093221#post16093221
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
    edited February 2012
    Did you guys read this stickie that would have saved you a bunch of trouble:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=16093221#post16093221

and yet it takes for most of us more then 6 hours instead of the 2-3 hours you said on that topic... b:irritated b:embarrass

and what did you guys do with Amber? she's gone! The autoroute planner does see her, but she isnt there. b:sad
  • beerisnotcool2
    beerisnotcool2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    GRRRRRRR same thing is happening with me i havnt beeen on pwi 4 almost 3 monthsb:cryb:angry