New Skills

Healer_Mercy - Lost City
Healer_Mercy - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Cleric
In my opinion, clerics are getting shafted with the new skills. The fact that many other classes get anti-healing skills reduces the power of the cleric considerably, but the reduced health and inability to use heals during the transformation form really seals the coffin for clerics when you consider the skills that other classes are getting.

This update provides no support skills for clerics. Even Psychics are getting more support skills. This means that the cleric class as a whole is going to be outperformed in terms of versatility - already clerics have virtually no place in many endgame activities due to physical DPS classes like assassins. Wizards or psychics are getting high-damaging abilities and support skills, but this feels like an un-needed nerf to clerics.
Post edited by Healer_Mercy - Lost City on

Comments

• J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    switching the modes takes 3.2 seconds in total (without channeling), so u start in metal mage mode, throw ur awesome debuffs of metal mage mode and switch back, there is a lot of room for strategy stuff,
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    To be honnest im not super excited about clerics skills, i would love more defense skills stuff than DD stuffs, with the news mystics skills (AOE ress etc..) i think mystics will be more wanted than clerics in squad for heal ress etc. I heard mystic already heal better than cleric, (I personnally dont know i didnt player mystic), and people dont like clerics as DD so i think the news skill are kinda useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • SolomonSeek - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSeek - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Available skills can change, but nobody forces you to play any other way than you want to. Ok, so maybe they do try (lol), but nothing says you have to listen to them. I'm thinking this is meant more for clerics to solo quest/grind, or when there are 2 or more clerics in squad (with 10-slot squads now available, don't think there won't be).
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    As cleric, actually I have to say I cannot really complain wiht the non exp lost when dead skill, we were demanding this since game started, but...

Clerics are missing some walk speed revamp-update..... wonder wtf the designers were smoking when they decided to make the healers so slow walkers... we might aswell have any anti-stunt skill.....we have nothing except genie skills or pots.

You can always heal yourself before switch into mage mode, also pots, charms, pills,......

So, time to learn how to manage it with the rest of our skills.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Cedro - Sanctuary
    Cedro - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    switching the modes takes 3.2 seconds in total (without channeling), so u start in metal mage mode, throw ur awesome debuffs of metal mage mode and switch back, there is a lot of room for strategy stuff,

There is a 15 seconds cooldown after using violet dance before you can cast it again to return to normal, so is 3.2 seconds to cast the skill and a 15 seconds cooldown followed by a 3.2 seconds to cast the skill again. The cooldown seems to be on purpose to prevent ppl from switching modes easily, they want people to stay in violet dance mode.

I agree that clerics got shafted on this update, my suggestion to everyone unhappy about this is to roll a mystic or a wizard, Mystics got the extremely awesome +20%skill damage buff (stackable as far as I remember), and wizard got the ultimate anti aps buff (arcane light - auto bounce you back and auto purifies you). Clerics got left in the shadown with some half baked / gimmicky skills, perhaps china will change these skills later based on the people complaining at daily basis on wanmei forums, but for now this is all that we have.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Yup i agree cleric walk so slow some bh like Abbadon people are already at boss and im still walking to join them... xD and its with use holy path 2 times back to back xD

No exp loose is good thing, i personnaly dont mind im already lvl 101 and 102 on my both clerics but for other cleric would be nice get before lvl 95.

I know they dont force me pay the news skills i just say that some others stuff would be better for clerics class, ill try it, im prolly just old school tinking that for me cleric job is to stay alive and keep his squad alive.

But new skill look really nice for the "look".

Bella
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Cedro - Sanctuary
    Cedro - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I also plan on use new skill for the look and afk in archo b:victory
  • apex1predator
    apex1predator Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    New skills are meh at best...a minimal increase in dmg for trading in almost 1k hp? noty...as for the rest...the curses are based on soulforce, aka how op your char is refined. putting a 2k hp curse on a 35k hp barb isnt gonna do much..you'll prolly do twice that with a wield thunder.

Clerics got shafted...bigtime imo
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    My issue is I'm completely a support cleric. I had never just dd'd on a boss until I ended up in a 4 cleric-caster the other day. I have a wizard for DD, so if I want to DD I'll play him. I'm fine with us getting more attacks but people who play pure support really got nothing to work with. I can't say I even want violet dance >_>; The lack of healing scares me wayyyyy too much.
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • amazingbomar
    amazingbomar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Seriously, you have a class that's a main healer and you take away the healing and make them more squishy than they already are... ******nit.
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    Kanmi - Sanctuary Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    New skills are meh at best...a minimal increase in dmg for trading in almost 1k hp? noty...as for the rest...the curses are based on soulforce, aka how op your char is refined. putting a 2k hp curse on a 35k hp barb isnt gonna do much..you'll prolly do twice that with a wield thunder.

Clerics got shafted...bigtime imo

It's stackable, looks like you're stacking IH on your target . But the cooldown is longer tho, cant be purify... looks like some annoying skill .

As for the damage, b:laugh yes trading 1k HP for 40% - 80% more damage . I didnt notice any difference .
  • Chimer - Lost City
    Chimer - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    As for the damage, b:laugh yes trading 1k HP for 40% - 80% more damage . I didnt notice any difference .

It's not 40% - 80% more damage (which would surely be worth using o.o ), but 40% - 80% weapon bonus, which is just another 1-2k more m.atk.

I'll probably only use it in caster NV. Change to MM form before the boss, start with crit debuff, and switch back. Meh, but better than nothing. Might run the initial spark in when I'm not the cleric assigned to main healer, but I'd still want to regain my healing ability before long. Better dealing less damage, than dead.
    Not gonna use it much in PvP until the pseudo-soulburn is available ... or until I finish my gear and have enough soulforce to make the heal absorber worthwhile.
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    Kanmi - Sanctuary Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It's not 40% - 80% more damage (which would surely be worth using o.o ), but 40% - 80% weapon bonus, which is just another 1-2k more m.atk.

I'll probably only use it in caster NV. Change to MM form before the boss, start with crit debuff, and switch back. Meh, but better than nothing.
    Not gonna use it much in PvP until the pseudo-soulburn is available ... or until I finish my gear and have enough soulforce to make the heal absorber worthwhile.

It's not noticable .

M.attack (normal/selfbuff)= 19830-20019
    M.attack (metal mage/selfbuff) = 20926-21125

I'll still get the Deaden Nerve skill, since its likely one of the only support skill that worth getting, well for me cause i'm still full support cleric :o
  • Haruzi - Lost City
    Haruzi - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Would have bee better off with something like white vodoo ijs...
  • sparkkid
    sparkkid Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Put simply, Violet Dance is a failure..b:cry
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    sparkkid wrote: »
    Put simply, Violet Dance is a failure..b:cry

Agreed. I have it now, and I don't see a difference in power.

I just use the AOE charm move like a barbs roar when I tank lower leveled instances. The others I don't have yet...aside from the normal charm move.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Glaydross - Sanctuary
    Glaydross - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I really wanted a squad version of Purify! Clerics have squad buffs and squad heal (Chromatic Healing Beam) but no squad purify!! Yet there are bosses with squad aoe where we have to use purify to take off the negative effects from each individual squadmate.

We support clerics were really shafted this time!
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I really wanted a squad version of Purify! Clerics have squad buffs and squad heal (Chromatic Healing Beam) but no squad purify!! Yet there are bosses with squad aoe where we have to use purify to take off the negative effects from each individual squadmate.

We support clerics were really shafted this time!

That's sage psy/demon mystics job. Your new job is to die faster. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    That's sage psy/demon mystics job. Your new job is to die faster. b:avoid

And not lose any exp when we do. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • NakedGirl - Heavens Tear
    NakedGirl - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Have been doing alot of reading, and still unable to find out alot about the new skills for clerics. Have people in faction wanting to know how to get the new skills, especially the no exp. loss one. Which order to belong to in order to get the no exp. loss skill and things like that. Can someone tell me where to find this information so I can let my faction know? Thank you.b:thanks
    Helping those who help themselves... NakedGirl 103 cleric Heaven's Tear. b:kissb:bye
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    check this http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1295271

the no exp loss is in luminance
    you only purge once #yopo