Aps Is Nerfed!!! Yes!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Autumn_Hope - Archosaur
    Autumn_Hope - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well at least we won't have to listen to all the sins cry like babies and threaten to quit (as they have been doing the last week with the 2.0 aps rumor). b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raging Tides - MorningStar_ lvl 7x cleric
    Dreamweaver - Autumn_Hope lvl 8x Cleric
    Arch-Autumn_Hope (Band of Brothers Leader) - lvl 9x Cleric

Silly people keep proving my theory correct.
  • Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver
    Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well at least we won't have to listen to all the sins cry like babies and threaten to quit (as they have been doing the last week with the 2.0 aps rumor). b:thanks

WTF!!! 2.0 aps? if that happens...bye bye pwi...but i doubt it will lol

anyway...wtf is up with my 5hr and 20 minute patch?....and counting?b:scorn....i wanna enjoy 2x damnitb:angry

EDIT: scratch that...patch is done......but directx9.0 b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options
    WTF!!! 2.0 aps? if that happens...bye bye pwi...but i doubt it will lol

anyway...wtf is up with my 5hr and 20 minute patch?....and counting?b:scorn....i wanna enjoy 2x damnitb:angry

Hahahaha see my point exactly! :D and btw..I am on 3 hours and still going with cable connection. Big update is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zgod - Lost City
    Zgod - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Reduced damage on aps is dumb all they did was nerf bm's... Sins hit hard as **** bms don't so gratz on nerfing bms now gonna be harder to find a nv squad woo thanks Pwi
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i heard it was a mistake, they gonna repatch next update so its 5% dmg loss every .1 aps exceeds over 4.0. CRY LIKE BABIES NOW! LOL!
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Reduced damage on aps is dumb all they did was nerf bm's... Sins hit hard as **** bms don't so gratz on nerfing bms now gonna be harder to find a nv squad woo thanks Pwi

Why does everyone think that PW trying to balance the game out to how it was suppose to be is dumb? I don't get it. Barbs are SUPPOSE to be the tanks, Clerics are suppose to be the healers and all other classes are support only.

3 years ago if you drew aggro and didn't know how to play your class (ie..letting the tank be the tank) you would have gotten hell from the squad and the cleric got hell if she focused on anyone but that barb. Raging Tide expansion ruined it..and they are just trying to balance it out a bit again. If they are smart and do it right the game will become challenging (and fun) again...but that remains to be seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• jeremyhuff
    jeremyhuff Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i heard it was a mistake, they gonna repatch next update so its 5% dmg loss every .1 aps exceeds over 4.0. CRY LIKE BABIES NOW! LOL!

lol you dont even make sense. nice try on a fail start at a poor rumor.
  • Kyrian_Wolfe - Heavens Tear
    Kyrian_Wolfe - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

2 things wrong with this statement.

1. You can only get .1 over 4.0 anyway. Idiot.
    2. Fail at starting a rumor, and you sir are an idiot. Thank you and have a good day.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I guess it's time I restat those 50 points in Vit and put them into Dex.
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Actually this nerf is horrid... People shouting YAY oh please... 5% dmg penalty maybe nothing, but 20% accuracy? LOL so trolled, considering that there is accuracy debuffs, which will make things rather worse... Good thing there is accuracy pots and stuff.

Why nerf APS instead of spark burst? >_> Werefoxes are going to have fun ROFLSTOMP everything with their new OP pets too
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • r3n
    r3n Posts: 24
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Nerf to balance game I don't think so.
    Nerf to increase rank 9 Sales! to get rank 9 daggers YES!

Why do you think rank 9 sins were not affected it is obvious.
    Everyone that has a brain knows that everything PWI does is for the money.

Its a way to force all those rank 8 sins into rank 9.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    r3n2 wrote: »
    Nerf to balance game I don't think so.
    Nerf to increase rank 9 Sales! to get rank 9 daggers YES!

Why do you think rank 9 sins were not affected it is obvious.
    Everyone that has a brain knows that everything PWI does is for the money.

Its a way to force all those rank 8 sins into rank 9.

Yeah because there's so very many 5 aps Rank 8 sins running around!

b:cute
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Nerfing aps... you're doing it wrong.

That is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    Hey guys. I wanted to chime in with a clarification.

The APS damage and accuracy reduction is not reflected on your character panel. You will only see an appreciable change by checking your combat log below and above 4.0 APS.

Equip gear to get yourself to 4.0 aps and start attacking. You'll suddenly see a string of 'misses' roughly 20% of the time, on top of any innate miss chance you have. Sorry if this wasn't communicated better, but you will not be able to verify this feature by simply looking at your character screen.

So if you were hitting for 100k damage per second with 5APS before expansion, you'll be hitting for an average of 76k per second with 5APS after expansion. Whereas with 4APS you'd be hitting for 80k average since it doesn't get nerfed.

20% less accuracy means you miss one out of every five hits on average. Which pretty much gives you the same average DPS as a 4APS toon with the same physical attack.

Add the 5% decrease from damage and you get.. 5APS toons hitting less than 4APS toons with the same physical attack as them on average.

But, as you may have noticed, I used on average a lot. Maybe the 5APS chars would like to test their luck and hope they don't miss much.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • Cazane - Dreamweaver
    Cazane - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    2 things wrong with this statement.

1. You can only get .1 over 4.0 anyway. Idiot.
    2. Fail at starting a rumor, and you sir are an idiot. Thank you and have a good day.

1.No you can only get 1. over 4.0 not .1. Idiot.
    2. I know this is a rumor but I really hope it wasn't so my ex bf can cry like a baby b:angry

And for your own sake stop being a copy cat saying that all the ppl that say YAY to this are noob because none is saying YAY to this >.>
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Aye biches who be picking on Usas?

What he said was, for every 0.1APS over 4.0 APS you lose 5% damage, if you can't make sense out of that statement, make sure yer head aint leaking in water. It would be funny because then people at 5.0 would lose 50%. Gawd some people here are so stupid.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    Kairu_ - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lol this thread is going 2 ways

1. people saying it's 20% accuracy lower adn 5% dmg lower

2. the correct ones *1 person* saying it's a 20% miss chance and 5% lower damage

ok idk about the 4.0 and 5.0 getting it or jsut 5.0 getting it but you guys gotta realize something here, and realize it fast

it's a inate 20% miss chance ON TOP of your accuracy hit chance. *sayed by fourum admin* so it's an autmoatic 20% dmg cut, add in 5% dmg cut on top of it, do alittle math and it's a 24% dmg cut to the 5.0's *and possibly 4.0's*

so put it this way

if it's 4.0

3.33 - 4.0 is a 20% dmg boost, -24% dps for suprassing aps. you get perma spark for 4.0 but lower dps then 3.33 *more for non sins due to perma spark, sins stay the same due to chi skills 1 skill every 3-4 sparks to maintain perma spark* but 5.0 would still be 25% better then 4.0 due to it recieving the same nerfs but being 25% more hits regardless

if it's only 5.0

3.33-4.0 stays normall, but 4.0-5.0 is a 24% dmg cut to the 25% dmg boost so only 1% dmg gained, and your perma sparked anyway so only really usefull on bm's who spam HF

so ya, have fun with the actual statistics and FLAME ON
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well you'd still want 5aps just so you could spark sooner. This would make a difference on such things as...Harpy.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ya reson i put other then chi gain.

4.0 for perma spark would be good enough tbh

5.0 for bm's still since well hf is hf. but as for sins 4.0 is fine, if they get sealed, slept, stunned or whatever other anti attack debuff the boss uses and tidal doesn't guard, they acn jsut rds, slash, cloud erruption, chi syphon *if they use it*, or inner harmony to get it back rather quickly. unless your a sin that uses 2spark skills like power dash with inner harmony in a 5.0 aps atk chain for the huge crit rate
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I think it effects even 4 aps because it really seems like it is taking a spark an about a 1/4 before things die that used to take one spark. It is extremely noticable when i switch weapons an become 5.0 though.

Essentially it was a good way to make me regret ever spending a dime on this game. It doesn't help anyone out, and only hurts some, so is altogether negative.
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I think it effects even 4 aps because it really seems like it is taking a spark an about a 1/4 before things die that used to take one spark. It is extremely noticable when i switch weapons an become 5.0 though.

Essentially it was a good way to make me regret ever spending a dime on this game. It doesn't help anyone out, and only hurts some, so is altogether negative.

but your looking at it with tunnel vision. i'm sorry to say but most aps's are probably *and i aps bm and sin, but i don't rely on it so heavily*

aps is broken in pve. it wasn't so bad when sins weren't out with bloodpaint and if you took agro you usuially died. especially in aps gear that makes you squishy, but with paint that changed to dmg tanking and broke the aps.

this is a "balance" patch, but it does 2 things

1 it helps balance aps's being so broken in pve. but you gotta realize they may have the dmg cut or reduced, but their still the top dps in the game pve wise, so yes it was balanced with a pretty big nerf.

2. on the sin and rep side. it makes 5.0 sins weaker then r9 sins by a ton. r9 sins were on a similar level to 5.0 sins in dmg output if you had the right daggers for 5.0. but now that 5.0 isn't much difference from 4.0, the r9 sins will shine far over the 5.0's. and hence people will buy r9 sins, and that's $ in pwi's pockety. they realize this and that's the hidden reason why the general summer sale stayed up for so long, and may be permanent now.

but it is a big balance. yes it goes 24% slower, but your still the top farmers. but now you half to be more careful about what you do. far more careful. your not overly op anymore, and it may make some 4-5.0 sins actually watch their agro from here on out if their bp can't heal them through the boss. so yes it was a major major balance change to all aps's, but also a $ change due to r9, so it hit 2 birds with one stone if you will.

you also half to realize, that it's partly your guys's fault for taking only 4-5.0 aps's to things like nirvana's, causing so many people to qq over it, so it was thrown into a balance patch with a +$ thing. so they get players due to a big balance + they nerf aps, getting mroe people to r9 sins. or at least r9 daggers.

ps: sry for the wall of text
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I don't really see the hcange, even in accuracy. Gm stated the change is for 4-5 aps and I'm 4. The way they discribed the 20% accuracy thing implied that it was along the lines of FM and TP where there is a garenteed 20% chance of not hitting.

I've tested the **** out of this by wailing on bosses to see how bad my misses are. Quite frankly I have over 8000 accuracy, so I pretty much never miss normally. If this was a garenteed 20% I would have easily noticed.

Either this nerf is a farce or its not working or GMs need to work on their translation and explination skills.

They have delaired to can not view the nerfing in your character screen so its a hidden effect like your mom's birth control.

@Kairu_ It would be 5% slower not 24% slower. I don't even know where you pulled 24 from because its not divisible by 5. Which means each 4/5aps hit does 5% less damage which means 5% across the board reguardless of how many times you hit your target in that time. Which means you're doing 19 hits of damage for ever 20 you do in relation to pre expansion. So that means during a triple spark 4aps loses 3 hits and a 5aps loses 3.75 hits.

All in all this is not very game changing. Unless you're a high aps user with very low accuracy.

I mostly care about how screwed Sins got with their skills... Really? Make someone drop DQ? Who carries DQ on them? Oooooo I can see into someone's invantory, real useful. I'm sure there are other classes that got really **** skills too... but really. Those two skills have absolutely no combat use what so ever. Two more have barely any use what so ever, the best possible scenerio I can think of is to save a cleric from the wrath of a none lvl 150, pvp maybe used as a psuedo absolute domain. Quite frankly the one new useful skill a sin got is apparently unavaliable. None omni directional aoes in a game that requiers target lock is pretty stupid b:surrender
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I don't really see the hcange, even in accuracy. Gm stated the change is for 4-5 aps and I'm 4. The way they discribed the 20% accuracy thing implied that it was along the lines of FM and TP where there is a garenteed 20% chance of not hitting.

I've tested the **** out of this by wailing on bosses to see how bad my misses are. Quite frankly I have over 8000 accuracy, so I pretty much never miss normally. If this was a garenteed 20% I would have easily noticed.

Either this nerf is a farce or its not working or GMs need to work on their translation and explination skills.

They have delaired to can not view the nerfing in your character screen so its a hidden effect like your mom's birth control.

@Kairu_ It would be 5% slower not 24% slower. I don't even know where you pulled 24 from because its not divisible by 5. Which means each 4/5aps hit does 5% less damage which means 5% across the board reguardless of how many times you hit your target in that time. Which means you're doing 19 hits of damage for ever 20 you do in relation to pre expansion. So that means during a triple spark 4aps loses 3 hits and a 5aps loses 3.75 hits.

All in all this is not very game changing. Unless you're a high aps user with very low accuracy.

I mostly care about how screwed Sins got with their skills... Really? Make someone drop DQ? Who carries DQ on them? Oooooo I can see into someone's invantory, real useful. I'm sure there are other classes that got really **** skills too... but really. Those two skills have absolutely no combat use what so ever. Two more have barely any use what so ever, the best possible scenerio I can think of is to save a cleric from the wrath of a none lvl 150, pvp maybe used as a psuedo absolute domain. Quite frankly the one new useful skill a sin got is apparently unavaliable. None omni directional aoes in a game that requiers target lock is pretty stupid b:surrender

as for where i got the 24% it was ASSUMING *assumed since it was an admit who confirmed it, and is possibly incorrect according to you which i haven't personally tested yet due to unforseen download dx9 error when i got dx11*, using the following*

100% hits *ya this happens* with 5% dmg nerf would yes be 5% nerf i agree with you on that.

20% chance to miss regardless of accuracy *confirmed by admin so i believed it to be true, but seems as it is pwi. and you've tested it seems innacurate* would be an instant 20% dps loss since only 4/5 hits would actually land.

then i took that as a 100% dps > 80% due to accuracy issues. and the 5% dmg loss would be 100% dmg, but since 20% of that isn't even hitting so it doesn't suffere the 5% dmg loss like the other 80%. i took 5% of the 80% for a 4% dps loss. add that to 20% from accuracy for 24%

sry if i wasn't overly clear about how i got the number originally, but it's null and void if the 20% guaranteed inate miss for 4.0-5.0 isn't fully what the admin said it is. as you've suggested and tested, which seems to be confiremed, but i'd rather have others test it as well just to be certain *this is pwi it wouldn't suprise me*
  • MansVisa - Raging Tide
    MansVisa - Raging Tide Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle careful, you're going to make all the demon sins jelly that they didn't think things through and just did what everyone else does!

Jelly of gold diggers b:chuckle

Every 4APS based toon is affected, including yourself b:shutup

If you can't see a difference in damage output well.....uninstall
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    That's funny because I've only noticed my damage go down by about 500 max. I can still do EVERYTHING that I could before. This "nerf" do nothing tbh, except make ppl go "LOL YOUR APS IS NERFED AND YOU CANT DO ANYTHING ANYMORE". That's why I can still breeze through 1-3s, 3-1s, and 3-2s in about 30 mins. Damn, nerf hurt me so much QQ.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    LOL
    Demon Fist mastery to replace dmg nerf
    tbh i dont see any difference
    2x Lunar rings with +50% acc each..

nerf wut wut
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Adrasteia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    why do so many ppl hate aps? Do you guys remember old pwi when you hadde to wc for 30min for a barb and cleric and then they hadde first pick on the drops ,the rest of the squad is left with junk.not fun at al
    {o,o} NERF RLY?
    |)__)
    -
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The funny thing is most people don't even konw what there characters attacks feel like. Didn't have to tell me about the nerf, I could simply tell that my character wasn't performing like it had been.

The misses don't say misses and they aren't figured out of your accuracy. In other words 5.0 nolonger even exists. If you think you are 5.0 an u time it in a perfect even second- you are really only attacking 4 times an of those 4 times your damage is 5% reduced.

If your toon is well refined, you will only notice it in the amount like missing your 30 attack level jones blessing. Of course some of you can't even tell the difference there either aparently.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Claw Barbs can easily bypass this nerf too, sure without the "debuffs", it could always be better, but this is a way to cope thru this.

We have Blood Bath for Accuracy boost with a small HP reduction, Str of the Titans for more attack, and the new Blood Rush skill, for even more attack!

b:surrender

Of course you have rings and stuff too for accuracy/attack altering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The funny thing is most people don't even konw what there characters attacks feel like. Didn't have to tell me about the nerf, I could simply tell that my character wasn't performing like it had been.

The misses don't say misses and they aren't figured out of your accuracy. In other words 5.0 nolonger even exists. If you think you are 5.0 an u time it in a perfect even second- you are really only attacking 4 times an of those 4 times your damage is 5% reduced.

If your toon is well refined, you will only notice it in the amount like missing your 30 attack level jones blessing. Of course some of you can't even tell the difference there either aparently.

Wrong, -20% doesnt mean u miss every 5 hit, the success of a hit is still detrmined by your accuracy and targets evasion. its so fail,

Ex if I remove my Lunar rings -100% accuracy
    I dont miss 100%
    Logic fail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender