Aps Is Nerfed!!! Yes!!!!!

Comments

• _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Precisely the reaction they were after.

Yea! r9 gives them more money than 5.0 aps current build. The rank extended sale was smelly, now we know why..... >:
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    this "balance" incase u havent realized also put R9 on an even higher lvl

if R9 was = to 5 aps its now > 5 aps

if it was > 5 aps its now >> 5 aps ....pardon my crude way of putting it b:scorn

but now ppl have more motive to spend x dollars and get R9 > 5 aps

so i see the "balance" only really benefiting the bigger heads of pw

Whoa now.. r9 was never = 5 aps unless the 5 aps had exactly GoF, -int, and max attack + 130 on the recasted daggers. And the chances of getting that cost more than r9 daggers themselves.

And yeah, looks like r9 will always be better than 5 aps.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I would say, it affects barbs and bms more than archers and sins, since they already got some high accuracy....

if barbs and bms miss 1 hit out of 10 nao, they got a total nerf of 14.5 % not sure how much weight that got in total tho.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I would say, it affects barbs and bms more than archers and sins, since they already got some high accuracy....

if barbs and bms miss 1 hit out of 10 nao, they got a total nerf of 14.5 % not sure how much weight that got in total tho.

I don't need APS barb in nirvana, they are doing it wrong.
    A good barb with maxed (lvl10) debuff in tiger form is way enough
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    they really did it? im surprised. yeah. small butit counts.

20k crits? seriously? thats it? thats the highest you can hit? xD
    oh god. i remember when i hit 10 times that. lol

preserve aps for archers!!!!! good jon pw
    Objective: Complete
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I fear now my 101 5 aps Sin won't be able to solo BH39 for my alts.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

b:cry
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    **** thing but we will have to adapt.
  • jamesmcd
    jamesmcd Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I think you are all missing the point.

What exactly is meant by a 20% accuracy penalty?

Does it equate to hitting less often, if so by how much?

Simple example if a sin was to hit 240 times in a minute, and do 4000 damage each hit, that would be 960000 damage a minute. Good enough to solo most lvl 90 bosses.

However there is a thing called accuracy, and that makes some attacks miss. If the % hits was 98% of the attacks, the damage would be only 940800 damage per minute.

Depending on the mechanics used, a 20% penalty to accuracy could mean anything up to hitting only 80% of the time which would mean doing only 768000 damage per minute.

I sure hope I made a mistake and the accuracy penalty is applied differently to how I did it, cause my figures give a 5 aps character less damage per minute than a 4 aps character that does the same damage per hit.
    b:angryb:shocked
  • deadwieght
    deadwieght Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    the bigger picture here is that 5aps bm/sin may no longer be able to hold aggro. most 5 aps +10 sin/bm can barely hold aggro now with an archer or wizard or psychic in the squad. meaning the poor defenceless archers, psychics and wizards will now have to worry even more about stealing aggro. and we all know a barb couldnt hold aggro to save their lives vs. any of those classes
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    deadwieght wrote: »
    the bigger picture here is that 5aps bm/sin may no longer be able to hold aggro. most 5 aps +10 sin/bm can barely hold aggro now with an archer or wizard or psychic in the squad. meaning the poor defenceless archers, psychics and wizards will now have to worry even more about stealing aggro. and we all know a barb couldnt hold aggro to save their lives vs. any of those classes

I hope they enchanced barbs agro or there will be a real agro mess then.
  • Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver
    Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    deadwieght wrote: »

lol...what u smoking bro? 5 aps +10 cant hold agro? o.O?
    at 5 aps +10 i was soloing nirvy at 30-35 mins per...lemme see an archer/bm/wiz whatever other class do that with the same gearing....
    stop smoking man...its bad for u...and let u say weird stuffb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Whoa now.. r9 was never = 5 aps unless the 5 aps had exactly GoF, -int, and max attack + 130 on the recasted daggers. And the chances of getting that cost more than r9 daggers themselves.

And yeah, looks like r9 will always be better than 5 aps.

2.86 R9 Sage Sin: 229,299 dps
    4.0 G15 Sage Sin: 259,979 dps

So it's only true for Demons.

Also, the G15 doesn't even need GoF, it'll be superior with SS or +20 Attack Levels. With +4% crit, it's 223,972 dps, e.g. R9 deals ~2.4% more. With 3% crit, it's 222,141, or R9 is ~3.2% better.

Of course, the G15 comes with the additional benefit of being able to literally spam Subsea or Power Dash all over the place, making it even better.

Since R9 is at best <5% better, I would say that R9 is pretty much equal to G15 for Sage sins, especially since getting the 2x -0.05 isn't that hard.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    AA users are so happy now. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I fear now my 101 5 aps Sin won't be able to solo BH39 for my alts.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

b:cry

your 101 5 aps sin MIGHT not be able to solo bh39?
    lol thats sad
    Objective: Complete
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    lol thats sad

-.-
    Really Gallax?
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    lol thats sad

Are you seriously telling us you don't recognize sarcasm when you see it ? b:shocked
  • Bryanshrimp - Lost City
    Bryanshrimp - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Once again laughing at stupidity. 5.0 +12 bm out agros r9+12 wizz ON MOST bosses. Instances where my husband out agros me are generally mobs, he hit them first they are basically dead by the time i reach them, boss agro... has never been an issue nor do i anticipate seeing one.
  • Pythe - Dreamweaver
    Pythe - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Yep, loving my 2 SoF: Chaos rings even MORE now! b:laugh

You dont say? :D
    Well I guess i have to live with doing 19k hits insted of 20k,,,,,
    and the accuracy, who cares I have 2 rings with + 50% acc xD

So glad i wiped that silly smile of ur face xD
  • deadwieght
    deadwieght Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Once again laughing at stupidity. 5.0 +12 bm out agros r9+12 wizz ON MOST bosses. Instances where my husband out agros me are generally mobs, he hit them first they are basically dead by the time i reach them, boss agro... has never been an issue nor do i anticipate seeing one.

thx for proving my point, a +10sin/bm will still hold aggro making them the highest damage output in the game STILL. so why is everyone crying that their favorite class is nerfed? its still the best by far.
  • jeremyhuff
    jeremyhuff Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    well for some of us... who arent full of DoT's ill just replace somethign with 5 of them and be fine :) theres my 5% w0000000000t :D
  • VictoryPets - Dreamweaver
    VictoryPets - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Makes me happy to be a sage sin 4.0, no changes required (but then who in their right mind would really choose demon sin anywaYb:chuckle).

Still massive damage, 3% bp, etc and still able to tank almost anything.

I did lol at one barb's comment about 'squishy archers' - r9 archers can tank better than a 5 aps sin on quite a few bosses and live to tell the story.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The cheering and applauding a nerf here are stupid. A 5% damage reduction does nothing.
    Barbs will still not have aggro, Sins will continue to solo whatever the hell they want.

I'm 4.0 with g15's SS atm, and barbs don't hold **** from me. A 5.0 with a tiny reduction in damage output is nothing at all what you people are making it out to be lmao.
    If one does 20k hits, thats 100k a sec. Ooooh wow, now he's "only" doing 95k a sec. b:shutupb:bye
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Makes me happy to be a sage sin 4.0, no changes required (but then who in their right mind would really choose demon sin anywaYb:chuckle).

Some of us built a Genie around Windshield.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2012

I did lol at one barb's comment about 'squishy archers' - r9 archers can tank better than a 5 aps sin on quite a few bosses and live to tell the story.

b:chuckle careful, you're going to make all the demon sins jelly that they didn't think things through and just did what everyone else does!
  • Stealth_Dag - Sanctuary
    Stealth_Dag - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    All im going to say is sage sin FTW!
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    5% reduction means something that used to take 20s will now take 21.
    This is not meaningful.

The accuracy, well, might affect some people, a bit.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    5% reduction means something that used to take 20s will now take 21.
    This is not meaningful.

The accuracy, well, might affect some people, a bit.

Let's say I'm glad I didn't go APS on my barb.

I'm glad I have a 4.0 Sage Sin, though.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited February 2012
    b:chuckle careful, you're going to make all the demon sins jelly that they didn't think things through and just did what everyone else does!

fortunately for me...i can be 5 aps with G15 SS or GoF? o.O? make a sage 4 aps sin look like a baby? o.O?....u jelly yet?b:shutup

EDIT: and i get the feeling if i go R9 i can be 4 aps?...where is the 4 aps sage R9 sin who will farm?b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    100+100+100+100=400.
    95+95+95+95+95=475.

The accuracy nerf is meaningless, accuracy only really applies in PvP. I haven't seen (or at least paid attention to) anything that I did not have max % on since I turned 100. I doubt this nerf will drop anything below 95% - especially for sins whose damage and accuracy is based off their 400+ dex. Count the two +50% rings and yea.

I expect to see a bunch of logs proving this in the Sin forums over the next few days. This maybe, just might affect Blademasters & Clawbarians who have 200ish dex - maybe. But archers and sins? Nope.

This means 1 of 2 things:

1. The devs really don't play the game or receive & act on meaningful feedback.

2. This is the start of future nerfs to the APS crowd that will slowly increase.

Regardless, it's not going to affect anything other than it taking an extra minute or so to go through Nirvana.

And since there was no aggro increase for Barbs (Who can't even reasonably hold aggro from a 4.0...), mine stays as the awesome banker toon he is.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
    edited February 2012

demon sins tankEVERYTHING b:scorn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]