[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 2-14-2012 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Unless you forgot, r9 weapon demon sins are 4.0. They do the most damage among sins.... and they didn't get nerfed with this change at all.

yeah but I am talking about all the 5aps sins since not all the sins on our server are r9, the r9 sins just luck out with the new nerf.
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    yeah but I am talking about all the 5aps sins since not all the sins on our server are r9, the r9 sins just luck out with the new nerf.

What you call luck, I call a scheme for more money. Think about it for a moment.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Waterscyth - Harshlands
    Waterscyth - Harshlands Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Soooo.... when did the servers come online agian? -.-'
    tell meeee~!

26 minutes
    Once there was an Assassin... He killed everyone. The End...
  • Paulrogers - Harshlands
    Paulrogers - Harshlands Posts: 653 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Seems like this aps nerf will effect sins with those weak nirv daggers and bms rocking deicides lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • GGianAAle - Archosaur
    GGianAAle - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    YAY FOR THE SAGE SIN! my 4aps with r8 daggers+genie and Crimson soul powder is now even more awesomeb:victory elitist Barrier Thorn sins can SUCK IT
    **** yeah!
    edited February 2012
    Seems like this aps nerf will effect sins with those weak nirv daggers and bms rocking deicides lol

those weak nirvana daggs make me hate 5aps nirvanaers i out DD them but i can't come cause i dont hit as fast? nubs
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Without the constant addition of new higher level instances, most of this games charm lies in the pvp and tw aspects. There is where it shows the most how broken the game is =\

I don't get this at all. "charm lies in the pvp"? We're both playing the same game, I trust? PvP on Perfect World used to be fun once upon a time. Now it's anything but fun. For some classes, that means "hit macro and kill and run off after". For others, that means "stand there stunned till you die or your attacker disappears". And WTF with "PvP" now pretty much consisting of "West Gate, Silver Pool, and wherever a sin decides to go gank"? *sigh*
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • DaggerSin_ - Heavens Tear
    DaggerSin_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Why I like my R8 daggers. I'm not wasting the money to get r9. I'll be happy to stay my 3.33
    BarbHammer - 95 - Retired

DaggerSin_ - 101 - Active
    edited February 2012
    and accuracy... thats pointless when your doing pve.. and if you hit 5 aps in pvp aka demon sparking you suck anyway :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    What you call luck, I call a scheme for more money. Think about it for a moment.

I have a sin and I already decided sticking to a 4.0 r8 will still let me DD like crazy without having to spend money for the r9. Its just not worth it to spend the money for the daggers when r8 hits pretty hard.
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The -20% accuracy may as well be the same as nerfing the cap to 4.0 for PvP, you're just keeping the ability to gain chi faster... why do we need -5% damage...

Also, as has been previously stated, the strongest high APS setup (4.0 R9 sin) is completely unaffected by this. Jeez
    edited February 2012
    I don't get this at all. "charm lies in the pvp"? We're both playing the same game, I trust? PvP on Perfect World used to be fun once upon a time. Now it's anything but fun. For some classes, that means "hit macro and kill and run off after". For others, that means "stand there stunned till you die or your attacker disappears". And WTF with "PvP" now pretty much consisting of "West Gate, Silver Pool, and wherever a sin decides to go gank"? *sigh*

you should come to Harshlands! oh wait... **** yea, i think im the only sin (besides full r9s) that uses Chill of the Deep in PK. *faceroll keyboard* APS BE PR0?
    edited February 2012
    yes its sad but a sin doing 5 little slaps a second will be picked over a sin doing 3.33 decent hits because majority of pwi duno what theyre doing and they just get hard over aps... but hopfully this will change that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GGianAAle - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    is the nerf for 5 aps only or 4+?
    edited February 2012
    I have a sin and I already decided sticking to a 4.0 r8 will still let me DD like crazy without having to spend money for the r9. Its just not worth it to spend the money for the daggers when r8 hits pretty hard.

+1 to this. I did a PWcalc on it and really, my sage mastery puts me right up there without GoF ofc witht the same refines and sharding
    edited February 2012

R8 hits harder than nirv daggers. I have +8 R8 and I out DD sins with +10 nirv daggers no problem

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    is The Nerf For 5 Aps Only Or 4+?

5 Aps
  • Mercenary - Dreamweaver
    Mercenary - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Can someone link the page where PWI says 5 aps are gone please, I can't seem to find it.
    My bank loves that Barb's are obsolete, I haven't had to spend a dime in a long time.
    edited February 2012
    Can someone link the page where PWI says 5 aps are gone please, I can't seem to find it.

it isnt really GONE you can still spark macro and be a lazy bum, it's just nurfed a tiny bit. you can find it in the Cabbage Patch Notes
    edited February 2012

It's not gone just have a damage nerf on it

edited February 2012

There is no page because its never gona happen lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    is the nerf for 5 aps only or 4+?

5 aps only, everyone else is unchanged. That's why I'm really feeling sorry for the GoF -int G15 sins. They were on pair with r9 sins before this update, and now they got **** slapped down while the r9 sins were untouched.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • GGianAAle - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    5 aps only, everyone else is unchanged. That's why I'm really feeling sorry for the GoF -int G15 sins. They were on pair with r9 sins before this update, and now they got **** slapped down while the r9 sins were untouched.

ouch.
    edited February 2012

yea that sucks but, meh i was never getting there anyways... now im DEFINENTLY keeping my r8s
    edited February 2012

really the 1 extra hit a second didnt make up the diffrence of 30 attack levels and an extra grade higher
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • honeychyld71
    honeychyld71 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    genotypist wrote: »
    Attack Speed changes
    Once a player surpasses 4.0 attack speed, whether passively or via a buff, they will incur a -5% damage penalty as well as a -20% accuracy penalty.

I understand there is a need for balance in the game. but ****...so much money wasted trying to get 5aps.

Kinda sucks.
    edited February 2012
    I understand there is a need for balance in the game. but ****...so much money wasted trying to get 5aps.

Kinda sucks.

b:victory farming
  • Savini - Lost City
    Savini - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    ugysekell wrote: »
    Once a player surpasses 4.0 attack speed, whether passively or via a buff, they will incur a -5% damage penalty as well as a -20% accuracy penalty. ◄ I appreciate the small change, but it's not enough. The accuracy penalty might be bad for characters with lower dex (BM, Barb), but Sins and Archers won't feel a difference. The damage penalty is LOL. Try 50% on both and lower aps limit to 2! And that would be STILL too fast. THAT would be the real rebalancing.
    Seems redundant. What about armor attributes that would counter the penalty? Like boots that add speed, and armor that reduces damage by %? Seems like with the right armor, they won't feel a thing.
    edited February 2012

They only look at 5aps, which is BS 4.0 should have been nerfed as well.

• Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    IMO, > 3.33 is the problem. Except maybe for archers using an Archer-designed weapon. (Not that I *like* being pewpewed at that speed, but still.)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com