Manual Patch for New Update

Options
Escorian - Dreamweaver
Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Here is the new patch http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual//ec_patch_606-612.cup

Warning do not update your client with this until maintenance or you will not be able to log into pwi until after maintenance.b:kiss it is 862 MB big
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
Post edited by Escorian - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• DejaEntendu - Heavens Tear
    DejaEntendu - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    As posted in the other thread, just download this file to your harddrive. If you choose to open it your client will update and you won't be able to play until after official release.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/P6608.png[/SIGPIC]
    wizard pk videos: youtube.com/user/elijahpvp
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thats all? It really isn't a big expansion is it. =/

Then again I'm already displeased the models.pck is already almost 2gigs. Figured they would have broken it in two by now and cleaned up the duplicate content inside.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options

Then again I'm already displeased the models.pck is already almost 2gigs. Figured they would have broken it in two by now and cleaned up the duplicate content inside.

that's it? that is almost a gig in itself.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Its about the same size as Genesis was. You have to think, their average patch is 11 mb.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2_ghlFe7Z0 is a clip from the new login screen, pretty amazing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2_ghlFe7Z0 is a clip from the new login screen, pretty amazing!

That video is in the expansion thread already lol. rather a video of the login screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Guddah - Archosaur
    Guddah - Archosaur Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Good to have it early b:victory
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    bump.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You know Escorian, sometimes you're just really awesome.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Why are you posting something that's already been posted?

b:bye
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Why are you posting something that's already been posted?

b:bye

where has it been posted?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    where has it been posted?

Over 4 hours before your pointless thread.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Over 4 hours before your pointless thread.

I can't find her post anywhere. But yes that does make my thread useless. and yet it still makes her thread useless too. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• MacGregor - Dreamweaver
    MacGregor - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

not to mention all the little updates they've been throwing in over the past few weeks i'm sure have had content in them for this update.

where do you find these manual patches though? i'm always leary to download anything that's not officially from pwi site.
  • Sheik_ - Dreamweaver
    Sheik_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thank you for posting this Escorian and Ignore the Trolls in the thread and in the other threads. b:victory
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thank you for posting this Escorian and Ignore the Trolls in the thread and in the other threads. b:victory

Username: ryokusensei

Mains alt accounts: Ryoku_, Ryuko_

and you think im alt bumping? LOLOLOLOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Username: ryokusensei

Mains alt accounts: Ryoku_, Ryuko_

and you think im alt bumping? LOLOLOLOL

OMG THERE IS SOMEONE WITH PARTIAL THE SAME NAME AS MY CHARACTER OMG OMG OMG!! b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks for this.
    Posted it may be in another thread.....but far easier to pop on and see a topic with this title and the link in the first post rather than digging. b:victory
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks for this.
    Posted it may be in another thread.....but far easier to pop on and see a topic with this title and the link in the first post rather than digging. b:victory

^^ Ty for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ninja fast note : After applying the patch (I'm going to bed so I prepatched) I got a DLL error upon launch.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_42

For anyone missing it, that's the DLL I required, game launched as soon as I added it. (windows > System 32 > paste)

You may wish to add that to your original post esco, and maybe link the whole thread in tech support.

~this would indicate the boosted Direct x support and the minimal requirements bumping to DirectX9.0c or whatever it was is correct. The post indicating this is long gone however so digging it up is your responsibility if you care.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Bumping this back to the first page so people can find it.
  • SomebodyTwo - Lost City
    SomebodyTwo - Lost City Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    To anyone who thinks downloading random *.dll files is a good idea I would like to point you to this link.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findtheproblem/qt/dll-download.htm

Long story short it's not a good idea.

Anyway I'm downloading the patch now. I will update when it finishes but I would be quite surprised if there is a problem with it.

I would also like to add that the game quit working on me a while back when I upgraded my graphics card's drivers with a similar missing *.dll error that clearly had nothing to do with PW.

EDIT: Confirmed. It works just fine, no extra downloads needed.
    My YT Page: "youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th" I have HD PWI/Minecraft Videos
    I am a non-cashshopper. I registered on: 08-26-2008 22:21:23
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
    Also, Minecraft is awesome.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    To anyone who thinks downloading random *.dll files is a good idea I would like to point you to this link.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findtheproblem/qt/dll-download.htm

Long story short it's not a good idea.

Anyway I'm downloading the patch now. I will update when it finishes but I would be quite surprised if there is a problem with it.

I would also like to add that the game quit working on me a while back when I upgraded my graphics card's drivers with a similar missing *.dll error that clearly had nothing to do with PW.

EDIT: Confirmed. It works just fine, no extra downloads needed.

Point of note, this is a fresh-ish Windows7 install (Only installed it 6 weeks ago after a hard drive crash) and this is the only game I currently have installed except for Terraria. I had no other source for the DLL. Additionally, I've been using the damn site for years, it always comes up clean.

And on top of that it was an if you find it missing. Not everyone, if anyone will. It is not my fault the installer did not provide the missing DLL for me.

Your websites report is bull****.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    downloaded, but trying to patch it gets an error saying patch is corrupt. what to do?
  • BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear
    BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ninja fast note : After applying the patch (I'm going to bed so I prepatched) I got a DLL error upon launch.

For anyone missing it, that's the DLL I required, game launched as soon as I added it. (windows > System 32 > paste)

I'd say PWI > Element > Paste. As system32 might not work for everyone.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'd say PWI > Element > Paste. As system32 might not work for everyone.

Perfectly true.

I tend to forget some people arn't really in control of the PCs they use :(
  • S_Swipe - Sanctuary
    S_Swipe - Sanctuary Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Downloaded, installed, just waiting on servers. Had no issues.
  • TogoShino - Sanctuary
    TogoShino - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thank you Escorian

:D no problems with it!
    May 18, 2009

TogoShino - 101 Demon Sin
  • KingJoel - Raging Tide
    KingJoel - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

You may wish to add that to your original post esco, and maybe link the whole thread in tech support.

~this would indicate the boosted Direct x support and the minimal requirements bumping to DirectX9.0c or whatever it was is correct. The post indicating this is long gone however so digging it up is your responsibility if you care.

Follow Me on Twitter @LoveTheJoeCharm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alrisaera
    alrisaera Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Thank you!!!! b:pleased Had exactly the same problem and now it's fixed, wewt! b:victory