[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 2-14-2012 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• Sheik_ - Dreamweaver
    Sheik_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Early manual patch link: Patch 606-612 (861.6 MB)

As usual, do not install the patch before the servers go down for maintenance or you will not be able to play until they come back up from maintenance.

But yeah, this is the Descent patch. It's huge. Start downloading now. ;-)

Not true. For example, for Rising Tide they listed a 3 hour maintenance window (see here).

This is a big change, so maintenance takes longer.

There are like 4 topics on the manual patch already b:laugh
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    saintbabo wrote: »
    @TheDan

im sorry but i dont believe you. i remember you hit 104 and not long after that came goons it was not possible for you to be 70% into 104 considering it took you eons to go from 103 to 104 just soloing fcc unless your account was glitched and getting to 105 needed less exp than getting to 104. now im not complaining about 105's and goons im just merely pointing out your lie lol

Eons? Let me also point out there were many 2x drops sessions last year, months at a time of 2x, and I refuse to do FCC when 2x drops are on. When I was actually trying, it took me 5 months (due to 2x breaks) to get from 103-104, and 4 months from 104-105 as a BM. I just chose to take extended breaks from FCCing at times when it was 2x when I had priorities in needing to farm my R9 gears.

My point still stands regardless; PWI could have nerfed the exp rates the first week it was found out, there was a 100+ page thread about it, but they failed to take any action. The only way they can compensate now is to make it easier for everyone else to get 105 through this expansion. I just don't see how people can moan unless they actually spent 6-9 months doing daily FCC 3 times a day.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Nedira - Dreamweaver
    Nedira - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm looking forward to any and all content that's accessible for characters under level 70.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited February 2012
    I'm looking forward to any and all content that's accessible for characters under level 70.

I see what you did there.
  • saintbabo
    saintbabo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    And we are all playing with one hand under the desk too apparently. b:pleased
    Eons? Let me also point out there were many 2x drops sessions last year, months at a time of 2x, and I refuse to do FCC when 2x drops are on. When I was actually trying, it took me 5 months (due to 2x breaks) to get from 103-104, and 4 months from 104-105 as a BM. I just chose to take extended breaks from FCCing at times when it was 2x when I had priorities in needing to farm my R9 gears.

My point still stands regardless; PWI could have nerfed the exp rates the first week it was found out, there was a 100+ page thread about it, but they failed to take any action. The only way they can compensate now is to make it easier for everyone else to get 105 through this expansion. I just don't see how people can moan unless they actually spent 6-9 months doing daily FCC 3 times a day.

okay maybe your brain is tiny but let me say this again i aint complaining nor moaning im level 103 and close to 104 and im happy with where i am. say what you want no one buys your story you gooned if you wanan be in denial you go ahead

oh btw ill say it again I AM NOT COMPLAINING since you didnt get it the first two posts lol
  • jamminjimmy
    jamminjimmy Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    new skillz for my cleric and bm and yeah gift long isnt mount or fashion lol
    5941165jeLeR.png
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    okay maybe your brain is tiny but let me say this again i aint complaining nor moaning im level 103 and close to 104 and im happy with where i am. say what you want no one buys your story you gooned if you wanan be in denial you go ahead

oh btw ill say it again I AM NOT COMPLAINING since you didnt get it the first two posts lol

Did I say you were complaining? I said people. People =/= you. I'm saying unless people were the first 30 or so 104-105s at the time of the genesis expansion in March 2011, they should have no right to complain.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012

com-plain
       [kuhm-pleyn]
    verb (used without object)
    to express dissatisfaction, pain, uneasiness, censure, resentment, or grief; find fault

You clearly find fault in his story if you don't buy it, therefore you are complaining
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Looking forward to the bug fixes... oh wait ...
  • BlackRapture - Raging Tide
    BlackRapture - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm definitely looking forward to the new skills. The gear will be my temporary fix til I get ny nirvy set. The new zone... Saw a vid, it looked challenging. I like challenges. Fixing old skills... I'm a bit concerned there. I don't like nerfing stuff I've grown accustomed to, but I guess I'll see in a few hours what changes were made.

As for all of this QQing... You guise are still playing the game, reading the forums, and the list goes on. If you're not happy, rage quit. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the fact that it's the players who made this game what it is. Not the devs. The devs don't control gold prices, or pk or tw. If they jumped in and started policing everyone, then we'd have some serious QQing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...when things collapse around you...
    ...they are merely falling into place...
  • saintbabo
    edited February 2012
    You clearly find fault in his story if you don't buy it, therefore you are complaining

oh hey someone else with a tiny brain. no im not complaining about goons and what not i frankly dont care about people who hit 105. last i checked you arent god so you cannot tell me what im doing or not doing :P

PS my last post on this matter im not going back and forth my intent was to point out i dont buy TheDan's story of not gooning to 104 to 105 simple as that
  • saintbabo
    edited February 2012
    I'm definitely looking forward to the new skills. The gear will be my temporary fix til I get ny nirvy set. The new zone... Saw a vid, it looked challenging. I like challenges. Fixing old skills... I'm a bit concerned there. I don't like nerfing stuff I've grown accustomed to, but I guess I'll see in a few hours what changes were made.

As for all of this QQing... You guise are still playing the game, reading the forums, and the list goes on. If you're not happy, rage quit. Otherwise, sit back and enjoy the fact that it's the players who made this game what it is. Not the devs. The devs don't control gold prices, or pk or tw. If they jumped in and started policing everyone, then we'd have some serious QQing.

i dont like the idea of nerfing either so what id like to see is instead of reduce what skills have been doing just increase other skills to bring them up to par :D
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    There are like 4 topics on the manual patch already b:laugh
    And I was still the first one to post it in this thread. Booya! b:cool

b:mischievous b:chuckle

But seriously, I hadn't checked the forum yet, nobody had mentioned it in this thread, and this is where people normally check for it, so why not add it to the thread?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    nobody had mentioned it in this thread

We felt that you might be feeling a little sad that you haven't been first to post the past couple weeks, so we waited for you to this week. b:cute
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • salron
    salron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    So cant wait for new armor. Gonna be awesome!
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    not excited at all. in fact the game has gotten boring for me. went back to second life to do more damage to noobs. b:byeb:byeb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • FishontheRun - Harshlands
    FishontheRun - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Anyone got the file for download yet?
  • ntkn
    ntkn Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2012

you can stop now. everyone knows you were one of the goon glitchers. you may not be one of the extreme cases of goon glitchers out there, but everyone knows you did it and you deserve punishment for it. you cant brag about being the "first 105 bm" since you glitched to get there.

also people have a right to complain. the GMs clearly stated that doing this glitch is bannable and ppl would be severly punished for it. therefore alot of players chose NOT to do this glitched because they were certain that everyone doing it would get either A) perma banned or B) have there levels reverted. but none of that happened. some of the glitchers got away scott free and some only got a slap on the wrist (3 day temp ban).

the ppl that chose NOT to do this glitch got a huge spit in the face basically cuz they got screwed out of some easy levels. not only that but they made the last part of FF for the legit players useless because of those same glitchers that are still running around carefree.... you can say "you shouldnt moan" all you want mr goon glitcher, but fact remains the same, ALL players that had a goal of reaching 105 have every right to complain about that glitch.
  • Tiyanna - Dreamweaver
    Tiyanna - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm just wondering how a post about maintenance/expansion turned into so a hate fest with QQing (and yes saint you ARE QQig) getting so far off topic
  • JPstinger - Dreamweaver
    JPstinger - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    woot Metal Mage :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When the time comes... Just Act.
    b:cool
  • Vansloten - Lost City
    Vansloten - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Are you talking about the one with the patch of flowers that people kept luring Jewelscalen to and killing everyone? ><

Ahh...Good times :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vansloten - Lost City
    Vansloten - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    the first thing i will do after the new expansion comes out. I will be the first archer to solo naviagte the world of perfectworld by leaping to the left the whole way.

lol nice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AirialAce - Raging Tide
    AirialAce - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    my main is an archer so it would be cool too possition in tw's and than use stealth and wait for my perfect oppertunity to start sniping on everything except barbs :D
    and the leaping,verry nice :D

metal mage for clers,i gotta see that too for my own,sertainly gonna lvl up my cler if i get all stuff on my archer together.

it will totally bring up a new strategy,trough i liked the game most when there where just the first 3 races.

sins screwed the game up for archers.you ****!!! time to get our rightfull place back :D
  • Codee - Heavens Tear
    Codee - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It will be cool just got to meet the reqs ( Long way off )

But i'm looking forward to seeing what that gift is b:laugh
  • Quizeburio - Raging Tide
    Quizeburio - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I can't wait to see if there will be new pets b:pleased
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I can't wait to see if there will be new pets b:pleased

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1287701

Yup, at least one :)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • saintbabo
    edited February 2012
    I'm just wondering how a post about maintenance/expansion turned into so a hate fest with QQing (and yes saint you ARE QQig) getting so far off topic

please quote me a single sentence where i said goon glitchers should be banned or anything close to it?

cant find it? yeah thought so i didnt even bring up goons just pointed out no one is buying TheDan's i didnt goon glitch lol
  • Aryarie - Sanctuary
    Aryarie - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I'm surprised no body said they wonder what this free gift was.
    40 socket stones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    40 socket stones.

haaaaaa
  • saintbabo
    edited February 2012
    40 socket stones.

if its 40socket stones ill fly over to Cali and go to PWE and smack someone anyone wanna join me? :P