APS balance in PvP incoming?

Skynyrd - Lost City
Skynyrd - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Arigora Colosseum
Barb

Prehistoric blood: self buff, 60sec, each time u take hit, your attack is increased by 3% weapon value, can be stacked at most 50 times. 1spark

5 aps = 15% damage boost per second. (if you ever get to use it)

Wizard

Arcane Light: self buff, last 5min, each time u get hit by melee normal attack, u will be knocked away 20meters and will be purified. effect has 16sec cooldown. 1min/30chi

Forced to use skill (in stead of normal attacks) on wizards, aps not effective.

Archer

Silence: Stealth! stealth lvl +31 50mp/sec, moving, using Wings of Grace, or sparking will kick u out of stealth.

Stalemate, just like sin vs. sin

Seeker3rd eye: increase detection lvl by 31 for 8sec (means u can see sins at your lvl)

Duh.

Mystic

3rd eye: detect if there r stealth targets around u, and knock out all stealth targets 26meters around u, last 6sec.

Duh.

My question (To far more learned pvpers than I) do you think this will help or hurt endgame pvp, or simply not matter due to some mechanism I am unaware of?

I know we can only speculate at this point, but hey... I'm board. b:surrender

edit: Also is there anything I failed to mention/didn't realize applied. I would love to know..
Post edited by Skynyrd - Lost City on

Comments

• Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    Daemon_Imp - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Wizard

Arcane Light: self buff, last 5min, each time u get hit by melee normal attack, u will be knocked away 20meters and will be purified. effect has 16sec cooldown. 1min/30chi

Forced to use skill (in stead of normal attacks) on wizards, aps not effective.

in general, the 2 spark aps sins from stealth usually cant kill me anyway, or it only works the 1st time until i know they are there.

the ones that really hurt are the skill/caster based sins, so in this case this buff wouldnt help against them either, and they would still roll me (not faceroll though, timing the skills and watching my genie resists takes skill imo)

and archers can still autoatk wiz to a very quick death at 30+ range b:shocked
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Lock any APS boosts for PvP and I'll be happy
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Skynyrd - Lost City
    Skynyrd - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    "(not faceroll though, timing the skills and watching my genie resists takes skill imo)"

That sounds like a huge improvement to me. I have little issue being killed by a skilled person, I just hate being beaten by overpowered idiots that can't even play competently on anything but an "easy button" class.

Guess it doesn't matter now though, expantion goes live quite soon...
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Its going to make non rank 9 bm vs wiz a pain in the butt. But bms get counter skills to, teleport and a pullback. I wonder if arcane light can be purged?
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • DrHook - Lost City
    DrHook - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Its going to make non rank 9 bm vs wiz a pain in the butt. But bms get counter skills to, teleport and a pullback. I wonder if arcane light can be purged?

It's going to be interesting no doubt.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited February 2012

It would still be easy for sins. Double spark in stealth -> normal attack -> tele stun -> faceroll.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It would still be easy for sins. Double spark in stealth -> normal attack -> tele stun -> faceroll.

Except that tele stun = badge+blink lol. Then what can they do? Tele to you again and watch as you're running/flying away so they can't even para you? Back to stealth or town they go.

High end PvP is spike damage anyways. Sage sins and r9 BMs use skills :(
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Anything that helps a BM not get hit for 15k by some random r9 wiz in TW? I mean anything other than 3k dollars worth of gear.
  • XKi - Lost City
    XKi - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Here's how u balancez apz in pvpz:

Make 2 full +12 refined psy altz(1 demonz 1 sagez) to buffz u with demon soul of vengeance and sage soul of silencez

problemz solvedz b:dirty b:dirty b:dirty
  • neo5566
    neo5566 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Out of all those skills I think the most GAME changing ones are for EA:
    Leap Left - Instantly jump to your left by 20 meters.
    and as if that wasnt enough
    Leap Right - Instantly jump to your right by 20 meters.
    now you can move left and right YEYEYE!
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Except that tele stun = badge+blink lol. Then what can they do? Tele to you again and watch as you're running/flying away so they can't even para you? Back to stealth or town they go.

High end PvP is spike damage anyways. Sage sins and r9 BMs use skills :(

What's skills? I'm sage.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6