...Just a question.

Anitsar - Sanctuary
Anitsar - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Support Desk
So, I was away for a while, and now my support ticket will not allow me to make any replies to it, so I thought I might post it here.

I cannot login to the game client, whenever I try it tells me it is not able to connect to the server, Sanctuary. I have yet to try any other ones, though.

This is what was given to me in my support ticket, and according to what I've found, it is a stock answer -- I have done everything listed and it will still not work.

Please restart your PC and network hardware first.

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

After you get the game updated and get in game, you can uninstall Pando Media Booster or shut it down (PMB.exe in Windows Task Manager) if you start getting unusual lag spikes, system resource problems, bandwidth issues, or other network issues. Info about pando issues: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4042

You may need to update or install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. You may need to update your version of Windows, also may need to update to the latest version of DirectX and Internet Explorer 8 or 9 with Javascript enabled. You may also need to check or change your network settings.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.

If you need further help, when you contact us by a support ticket, please answer the following questions:

What exactly did you try in the information presented to you?

What changes to your software did you make?

What errors did you get?
Post edited by Anitsar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    I would need info like OS, security software, ect. to try and help you.
    A traceroute to your server might also show something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anitsar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    I would need info like OS, security software, ect. to try and help you.
    A traceroute to your server might also show something.

I am using Windows 7, have Windows Security Essentials and Norton Antivirus installed. I am using my router's WiFi network, which is protected by WEP. And I have just checked -- the problem is not just with Sanctuary, it is with others as well.

This is what me and my father got when we performed a traceroute:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Nightclaw>tracert perfectworld.com

Tracing route to perfectworld.com [64.212.100.25]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 3 ms 2 ms 2 ms DEATHSTAR [192.168.1.1]
    2 15 ms 18 ms 7 ms 10.81.64.1
    3 76 ms 9 ms 11 ms gig-2-12-nycmnys-rtr1.nyc.rr.com [24.29.150.126]

4 17 ms 10 ms 23 ms gig-12-0-0-nycmnyrdc-rtr2.nyc.rr.com [24.29.113.
    218]
    5 16 ms 11 ms 12 ms bun6-nyquny91-rtr002.nyc.rr.com [24.29.148.254]

6 10 ms 11 ms 11 ms ae-3-0.cr0.nyc20.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.76]
    7 25 ms 9 ms 9 ms 107.14.19.147
    8 20 ms 21 ms 24 ms 66.109.9.210
    9 85 ms 84 ms 85 ms 64.212.100.25

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Nightclaw>
    edited February 2012
    OK, well right off the bat DO NOT have 2 security programs running at once, that is guaranteed to cause problems. Also, you have two of the worst overall softwares running. Norton, the resource-hog bloatware, and Microshaft's, I can't design decent software so I steal it and **** it up.

WEP isn't protected. I can **** that in less than 10 minutes. Use WPA2 if you can. Wired is much better though. Especially for playing an MMO with dual-layered encryption.

Your ping is clean, but it's to the website, not the game server. bame server is pwigc2.perfectworld.com

Under Windows 7, you should also set the client to run as administrator.

If you paid for Norton, keep in and remove the Microshaft crapware security. When it's time to renew, get BitDefender.
    If you didn't pay for Norton and it's just a trial, or came with your PC, buy BitDefender, or use a good free Antivirus like Avast or Avira.

That should take care of it, if you have any other trouble after that I can delve into more details with more info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anitsar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    OK, well right off the bat DO NOT have 2 security programs running at once, that is guaranteed to cause problems. Also, you have two of the worst overall softwares running. Norton, the resource-hog bloatware, and Microshaft's, I can't design decent software so I steal it and **** it up.

WEP isn't protected. I can **** that in less than 10 minutes. Use WPA2 if you can. Wired is much better though. Especially for playing an MMO with dual-layered encryption.

Your ping is clean, but it's to the website, not the game server. bame server is pwigc2.perfectworld.com

Under Windows 7, you should also set the client to run as administrator.

If you paid for Norton, keep in and remove the Microshaft crapware security. When it's time to renew, get BitDefender.
    If you didn't pay for Norton and it's just a trial, or came with your PC, buy BitDefender, or use a good free Antivirus like Avast or Avira.

That should take care of it, if you have any other trouble after that I can delve into more details with more info.

No, it's WEP 2 or three -- I forgot that at the time.

The only reason that I kept Security Essentials is because when my father uninstalled SE, it killed my mother's machine and I don't want to try it on this laptop, since it's this banged up already.

I already do have it run as admin -- and it doesn't do anything.

This is the one that I did to the link you said:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Nightclaw>tracert pwogc2.perfectworld.com
    Unable to resolve target system name pwogc2.perfectworld.com.

C:\Users\Nightclaw>
    edited February 2012
    it's not able to get a DNS name on it so your network traffic isn't leaving your computer for that.

Not sure how removing SE trashed the other system, unless it had an issue with system files to begin with.
    Can always run SFC to check it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ecole23
    ecole23 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    if a Screen Shot Has Been Taken Where Can I Find Them?
  • Anitsar - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    it's not able to get a DNS name on it so your network traffic isn't leaving your computer for that.

Not sure how removing SE trashed the other system, unless it had an issue with system files to begin with.
    Can always run SFC to check it out.

Now my computer is going to be reset because of Security Essentials, since it wiped my computer's security key and it will not allow me to put it in again. I suspect this is the problem, though I will only know when this computer is reset. What is SFC?