Exp Nerf Question.

OrenjiKun - Sanctuary
OrenjiKun - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Okay so I wanted to get in a 80-90 bigroom. I was lvl 79. I asked if I could get in.
He said No and that everyone gets nerfed...
I was under the impression that only the low lvl gets nerfed...
So my Q is, who exactly gets nerfed?
Post edited by OrenjiKun - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Seascraper - Sanctuary
    Seascraper - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    only the lowest lvl gets nerfed. who told u they would get nerfed its a complete n00b its comon knowledge only lowest lvls get nerfed
  • Torva_Avune - Archosaur
    Torva_Avune - Archosaur Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    seascraper is completely wrong....

the "nerf" in question,means that the fc squad must be within a certain lvl range,or the xp gains for EVERYONE in the squad will be cut badly

this lvl range is essentially,everyone being within 10 lvls for each other...

its usually posted as 70 to 80,which means everyone in the squad (sides from the 10x who usually kills bosses) has to be between 70 and 80..or between 80 and 90,or sometimes even 90 to 100 and so on

sometimes the numbers differ abit,but thats how it goes..its always within 10 lvls

this "level" range also applys to other dungeon raid style excursions often times..like instances (a.k.a "FB"),bh,or culti quests sometimes
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    sometimes even 90 to 100 and so on

When you get to the 90-98 squads, many refuse 99 because it nerfs heads about 5k exp (I did a small test when Jace hit 98, then 99. It was interesting trying to gather just the right amount of people in the correct level range with one 99 and one without a 99). 99s usually run with 99-100 or 99+ squads.

I think there was a thread (or two, or four) about nerfing experience in Frost.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    And technically, it should be 80-89 not 80-90.

Also yes, 99+ kills the exp because of the level difference with the mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Icehart - Lost City
    Icehart - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    When you get to the 90-98 squads, many refuse 99 because it nerfs heads about 5k exp (I did a small test when Jace hit 98, then 99. It was interesting trying to gather just the right amount of people in the correct level range with one 99 and one without a 99). 99s usually run with 99-100 or 99+ squads.

I think there was a thread (or two, or four) about nerfing experience in Frost.

You mean I actually have to put some effort into hitting 100? dang it!
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Karen_Divine - Sanctuary
    Karen_Divine - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The xp loss from a 79 in a 80-90 squad is none existent almost, the levels that cause a huge nurf are 99 than another larger nurf at 103. I'm sorry to say the person who rejected you was probably under the general believe that squads must be exactly 10 lvls. Not that it takes a ton of xp to Lvl anything 8x. But ya back on point a Lvl range of 11 or 12 is just fine.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I always thought it nerfed on all levels it was only noticeably though when you get about 10 levels of difference. But yes everyone gets nerfed high levels mid levels and low levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    I always thought it nerfed on all levels it was only noticeably though when you get about 10 levels of difference. But yes everyone gets nerfed high levels mid levels and low levels.

Experience is hugely dependent on the highest level in squad. The level multiplier is what causes the huge drop off in experience. If the highest level in squad is a lot higher then the mobs you will see very big changes because the mobs base experience is severely nerfed. The biggest levels for this in FC is 99 (11 levels over mobs) and 103 (15 levels over mobs). As long as you have a group within 20 levels below 98 there isn't a level multiplier change, but there is going to be a big shift in who gets the experience (higher levels) and who gets a lot less of the experience (lower levels).
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Torva_Avune - Archosaur
    Torva_Avune - Archosaur Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    eh,more complicated but he filled in the blanks :D
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Or going one step further.......exploring this fine site, including the wiki, where this info is all laid out already : http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Experience
  • Connera - Heavens Tear
    Connera - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    seascraper is completely wrong....

the "nerf" in question,means that the fc squad must be within a certain lvl range,or the xp gains for EVERYONE in the squad will be cut badly

this lvl range is essentially,everyone being within 10 lvls for each other...

its usually posted as 70 to 80,which means everyone in the squad (sides from the 10x who usually kills bosses) has to be between 70 and 80..or between 80 and 90,or sometimes even 90 to 100 and so on

sometimes the numbers differ abit,but thats how it goes..its always within 10 lvls

this "level" range also applys to other dungeon raid style excursions often times..like instances (a.k.a "FB"),bh,or culti quests sometimes

Torva is entirely wrong. Idk where she came up with these ideas, but they have absolutely no truth to them. There's an exp multiplier of about +100% that people loose if they have a level range of over 20, but that obviously does not apply here. The only reason people stay within 10 (or 5) level squad ranges is simply because everyone else does it.

In all events, the exp reduction from having (high level people/lower level people) amount to relatively small amount when compared to total exp gained. You might have to do 1 or 2 more FF runs per 5-10 levels.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Experience
    I'm hated by former friends, entire factions, PWE, and people I've never met before. I'm hated on servers I've never logged onto.

... and I honestly wasn't even trying.

Enrage has nothing on me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Torva is entirely wrong. Idk where she came up with these ideas, but they have absolutely no truth to them. There's an exp multiplier of about +100% that people loose if they have a level range of over 20, but that obviously does not apply here. The only reason people stay within 10 (or 5) level squad ranges is simply because everyone else does it.

In all events, the exp reduction from having (high level people/lower level people) amount to relatively small amount when compared to total exp gained. You might have to do 1 or 2 more FF runs per 5-10 levels.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Experience

Actually you are wrong, and you even proved yourself wrong in the page you linked.

Quoted from that very page...
    Finally you multiply the value by the character level divided by the total character level of everyone in the party. If the character level is less than 20 then it can be treated as 20.
  • Connera - Heavens Tear
    Connera - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Actually you are wrong, and you even proved yourself wrong in the page you linked.

Quoted from that very page...
    Finally you multiply the value by the character level divided by the total character level of everyone in the party. If the character level is less than 20 then it can be treated as 20.

I don't want to waste time trying to explain the concept to you, so I'll just skip right to the math:
    Let base exp of enemy=10,000
    Let monster level=89

Calculating the exp of a lvl 85 in these squads (because no one cares how much exp the level 79 will get):
    A squad of 6 lvl 85s: 10000*1.05*2.1*85/510=3675
    A squad of 5 lvl 85s and a lvl 79: 10000*1.05*2.1*85/504=3718.75

Seems that you actually get MORE exp from having a level 79 in the squad. Interesting. b:chuckle
    I'm hated by former friends, entire factions, PWE, and people I've never met before. I'm hated on servers I've never logged onto.

... and I honestly wasn't even trying.

Enrage has nothing on me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bashmaster - Raging Tide
    Bashmaster - Raging Tide Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I was doing some alt fc's once with my faction, and doing so we did an experiment, the limit between the highest and lowest levels in the squad without nerf at all is 19 levels, so as long as the highest and lowest level are 19 levels apart, there will be no nerf, unless of course the highest is 99+, then nerf takes effect, it seems that when mobs and the person are 11+ levels apart exp gets cut by a nice (in a bad way) margin.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    If the level range of the squad is 20+ levels, you will not get any bonus experience from squad (aka 1.2 1.1 1.05 is negated and ignored). You will only get 1.0x factor for it thus nerfing the experience for everyone. As long as you're in the 19- range and you're one of the high levels you will actually receive a boost of experience. As I said awhile ago in my post, the only major major experience nerf in FC is level 99s and 103s otherwise just be a upper level in the 19- squad range and you'll be benefiting not losing out.
    I was doing some alt fc's once with my faction, and doing so we did an experiment, the limit between the highest and lowest levels in the squad without nerf at all is 19 levels, so as long as the highest and lowest level are 19 levels apart, there will be no nerf, unless of course the highest is 99+, then nerf takes effect, it seems that when mobs and the person are 11+ levels apart exp gets cut by a nice (in a bad way) margin.
    I don't want to waste time trying to explain the concept to you, so I'll just skip right to the math:
    Let monster level=89

Calculating the exp of a lvl 85 in these squads (because no one cares how much exp the level 79 will get):

Seems that you actually get MORE exp from having a level 79 in the squad. Interesting. b:chuckle

The level 85s will get slightly more, because they are only dividing by 504 instead of 510 as the previous stated, but the level 79 gets much less because you're only * by 79 not 85 and still dividing by 504. The trick is to have your toon be 19 levels over everyone else in squad. That will give you the maximum amount of experience with no modifier nerfs.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Let monster level=89

Your max is wrong, but it doesn't really make a difference, what is more important than the squad lvls is the lvl range of the mobs, in FC mobs are lvl 88, so if you are all within 10 lvls of the mobs any nerf from squad lvl difference is over come by the mob multiplier. Get 11 lvls from the mobs you get nerf, 15 more nerf so on and so forth. True if there is a large lvl gab 20 lvls or greater there is nerf, but only noobs buying full fc runs are really effected by that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    if you were a few levels under 10 levels of that range, like 68 in a 70-80 squad you would lose the exp, but people would also suffer. plus keep in mind 99.9999... 999% of all people in fcc from 70-84 is usually mentally incapable of handling FCC's torture.
    basically if your in a squad with someone who doesnt have a main, theyre gonna mess things up and not listen.

half the time its a crybaby sin complaining about not "having time" lol

but there are still the stupid people at 99.
    98, 99 and 100 players all have a seperate range

unfortunately if you study world chat. 90% of the people calling for 90-99 are also mentally incapable of doing simple math.

basically just fcc with your friends, because random trash off the streets never goes well
    Objective: Complete