Buggy Distance Shrink

Arenaceous - Lost City
Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Wizard
Hey,

Am I the only one having issues with using Shrink while immobilized in the air? Just happened again that a sin immobilized me on my flyer and I just wouldn't shrink. I badged from the stun and pressed the shrink button at least 5 times but it wouldn't let me. FoW worked just fine, so it was no issue of being stuck in midair while dropping, I also had enough chi to use it. Is anyone else experiencing similar stuff? Are there special conditions for this glitch to happen?
"Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
Post edited by Arenaceous - Lost City on

Comments

• Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Shrink is buggy as **** for me sometimes and often gets me killed in the most peculiar of situations.

I've had a sin stun me from stealth, I badge, hit blink..nothing..spam it like no tomorrow as I'm moving away from the sin - dead.

Often times while I'm already moving (not in the air) or if I'm on my flyer it won't let me badge. It's completely random sometimes so I'm not sure why it happens..
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    happens to me on the ground as well.

this is new to you? lucky you
    i like potato
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Well on the ground it's an old story, it's mostly when the ground is uneven and you are like a little in the air. But in that case you mostly cannot use other skills either. Not being able to shrink when paralyzed in the air is somewhat new to me... But it has happened more frequently lately.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

• Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Pretty sure it's been like that forever. Same thing with the Magic Shell glitch clerics have.

If this is a huge issue for you, try getting Remove Paralysis on your genie?
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Well I have been playing around with my last genie slot for ages. I had Remove Paralysis for some time bu I replaced it with will surge. Will surge is awesome because it messes sin combos up and also works well against psys/other wizards. If Shrink worked properly will surge would be enough a lot of the time. Meh I need a 91+ genie x.x

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The same thing happens to Blademasters when trying to use Tiger Leap while frozen on the ground and in air, it works maybe 30% of the time. Leap Back works without fail unless you're caught mid jump, and can't use skills anyway, but Tiger Leap suffers from the same buggyness as your Distance Shrink.

Come my brother, let us fight against this tyranny against Humans! Together, Blademasters and Wizards, shall oppose this injustice!

No seriously.. this bug sucks. I want it fixed. >.>
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    The same thing happens to Blademasters when trying to use Tiger Leap while frozen on the ground and in air, it works maybe 30% of the time. Leap Back works without fail unless you're caught mid jump, and can't use skills anyway, but Tiger Leap suffers from the same buggyness as your Distance Shrink.

Come my brother, let us fight against this tyranny against Humans! Together, Blademasters and Wizards, shall oppose this injustice!

No seriously.. this bug sucks. I want it fixed. >.>

Ok, you stun and Dragon, I BT :o

Ya I want it fixed too, I kinda don't like Remove Paralysis against sins because you are using a lot of genie energy to counter a skill with an incredible short cooldown that actually GIVES chi. It kinda puts you on a big disadvantage. With will surge I counter a 1 spark skill and with Badge a 1/2 spark skill at least. :S

• Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    Daemon_Imp - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    archers like to freeze wizzies, then holy path to max range and autoatk. then remove paralysis would be countering a 1spark skill like throatcut in that case.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    archers like to freeze wizzies, then holy path to max range and autoatk. then remove paralysis would be countering a 1spark skill like throatcut in that case.

I got it now. My genie now is:

Holy Path
    Spark
    Fortify
    Badge Of Courage
    Soul Of Fire
    Remove Paralysis
    Will Surge

Awfully defensive, isn't it :0

• Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Holy Path
    Spark
    Fortify
    Badge Of Courage
    Soul Of Fire
    Remove Paralysis
    Will Surge

oh my, that genie looks quite familiar b:shocked
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    dont you need Cloud Eruption now as demon?

easy solution to solving the freeze problem

inner harmony - demon spark --- oh wait....
    i like potato
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Naa, I don't need CE :o Can't really use it on a dex genie anyway due to low regenration. I generally don't have a lot of trouble with chi since I can get more attacks in with the disables I got. And vs sins survival is the issue, not havign chi to get them killed.

• Questro - Lost City
    Questro - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Ok, you stun and Dragon, I BT :o

Ya I want it fixed too, I kinda don't like Remove Paralysis against sins because you are using a lot of genie energy to counter a skill with an incredible short cooldown that actually GIVES chi. It kinda puts you on a big disadvantage. With will surge I counter a 1 spark skill and with Badge a 1/2 spark skill at least. :S

It not just sin you need to worry about. There is archer, veno, cleric, seeker, physis that can paralysis you. During a tw or even a group pk, when you have more then 2-3 target on you. This skill really come in handy
    A crit from Archer usually hurt but a crit from wiz usually mean death.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    The seeker freezes last no more than what..3 seconds or something close to that? Not worth using energy for that

Veno's novaing you (especially demon) - works great

Clerics - yes and no..since the time on it is random, but it could come in handy

Archer - YES

BM - Bolt freeze doesn't last long enough

Barbs - 8 second freeze with 100 skill I think? Potential yes

Come to think of it, with this new wizard skill (the one that is perma on you, not the spaztic one) it could help there too.

I'm actually thinking of taking Domain off my genie to get RP (mostly because it's absolute **** and doesn't save you half the time)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Holy Path
    Spark
    Fortify
    Badge Of Courage
    Soul Of Fire
    Remove Paralysis
    Will Surge

Why soul of fire? (Isn't that the fire immune?)
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Questro - Lost City
    Questro - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    about 8 second for seeker
    A crit from Archer usually hurt but a crit from wiz usually mean death.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Why soul of fire? (Isn't that the fire immune?)

Because there are about 10+ wizards in our kos factions, most of them R9 +12, that like nothing more than to sutra + genie spark on you when pvping. It's kinda useful to just use a 60 energy genie skill to counter that combo.

• BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Move to genie thread?

jk

Regarding distance shrink on uneven ground, sometimes I am able to hit DS and immediately jump before you actually leap forward. It usually adds a second little hop at the end after you blink forward that seems to help me get stuck alot less that way. Maybe just coincidence, idk.

But it is highly annoying, as is DS not working altogether. Is it possible happens because of 5 aps glitches? like how charms sometimes don't seem to tick? It finishes off the 5 attacks before it lets your skill work? Again, I dunno - I'll let the smart and experimental wizards try to figure it out.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Because there are about 10+ wizards in our kos factions, most of them R9 +12, that like nothing more than to sutra + genie spark on you when pvping. It's kinda useful to just use a 60 energy genie skill to counter that combo.

genius, like it
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Seriously. Why are you surprised? The game is full of glitches and nobody care about that.
    I discovered myself at least 2 not working things, as they should. Game is just full of errors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    My genie

Holy Path
    Spark
    Exterme Poison
    Fortify
    Badge of Courage
    Expel
    Aboslute Domain

b:pleased

(Replacing Expel with Cloud Eruption @ lvl 103 though)
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    (Replacing Expel with Cloud Eruption @ lvl 103 though)

Done it, CE on a dex genie kinda sucks... Recovery and energy too low to support it, you will be disappointed...

• Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If the terrain is not flat, you can kill yoursefl with Distance Shrink. Better use Holipath then...b:chuckle
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Done it, CE on a dex genie kinda sucks... Recovery and energy too low to support it, you will be disappointed...

my genie regen 3 points / sec and got 90 dex and 45 vitality. Also CE need to be used wisely, like when u need a spark and arn't in any danger, like in group battles tw etc. Ofc u can't use it if you're fighting a bm 1on1, u will just get nailed.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    my genie regen 3 points / sec and got 90 dex and 45 vitality. Also CE need to be used wisely, like when u need a spark and arn't in any danger, like in group battles tw etc. Ofc u can't use it if you're fighting a bm 1on1, u will just get nailed.

Wait your genie got 100 mag, 90 dex and 45 vit? What kind of genie are you using? I use a longevity with 82 lp and 4/4 gears and I got 100 dex, 50 vit and 56 mag. :S

What I experienced is that sins love to jump you when you just used CE, you are always in danger these days...

• Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Lol 100 mag 90 dex 45 vit wtf thats insane.
    Naw remove paralysis has a lot of uses...
    but will surge is also pretty amazing... you can **** a wizard over, as FoW is one of their
    only fast-recharging control skills, and it can be used to ** over psychics really fast...
This discussion has been closed.