Heart Shatter Question

Reikara - Heavens Tear
Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Seeker
So a while ago some random chick started yelling at me that I wasn't "playing my class right" - as if there's even one set way to play something anyway *roll eyes*. This was because according to her - I should use heart shatter on every mob before I attack it, because she has some 100 level seeker and that's how she plays it.

I was grinding on some mobs I could have dead faster if I just sparked and whacked them instead of bothering to waste my mp charm on skills. Heart Shatter description reads:

"Casts a debuff on a target that lowers resistance to metal and physical skills. Any metal or physical skill damage is increased by 30%. Lasts for 600 seconds."

So I took the key word here to be "Skill". Skill damage. Metal and physical skills. I went out and did a bunch of tests on normal mobs, on some I'd cast Heart Shatter and some I wouldn't, just whacking them normally, no skills used. I noticed absolutely no difference in the damage they were taking.

Am I right to say that Heart Shatter only matters to physical skill damage, and that normal melee attacks are not increased too? I wanted someone to confirm or correct this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Reikara - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Correct- skill only
    re
  • Katju - Archosaur
    Katju - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    tell the one that told you about usung Heard shatter on every mob that it's nonsense.
    On Bosses I usually use it, but when I grind it's too much efford.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Thanks guys. And yeah - I told her at the time that Heart Shatter description reads "skill damage" but whatever, her style of playing seemed like a religion and she wasn't going to hear it any other way. I swear some people don't pay close enough attention to skill descriptions. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    My theory is heart shatter is there to give seeker tanks a fighting chance at holding aggro since the BMs, Sins and Archers will be mostly using normal attacks which aren't helped.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    op situation :
    you must follow what she say, convert b:cute or die b:angry
    joke b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • ScarFury - Lost City
    ScarFury - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i just had this question come to me today...so i looked at it and i swear heart shatter descroption says for all damage....its soul and mind shatter that are only for skills.....but dammit now imma log in pwi and check again....

but either way...on every mob thats just crazy... on bosses tho sure

P.S. i have sage heart shatter....maybe thats why its all damage??? gonna go check it now lol

EDIT: ok so now im just more confused lol....the skill description says ALL metal and physical damage....but the sage part at bottom says "also adds 15% more damage to metal and physical skills"

so.......which is it dayum lol
  • ScarFury - Lost City
    ScarFury - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    and now that i really look at it i guess forget wat it says in skill description lol.. cuz the debuff that actually shows up on MOBs IS skills only....
  • CeVil - Momaganon
    CeVil - Momaganon Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I understand it is hard to accept this, I have been sad for a while after I found out my sage heart shatter isn't as pro as veno amp.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Correct- skill only

What this fail seeker said yea, only works with skill damage of the shatter type.
    I understand it is hard to accept this, I have been sad for a while after I found out my sage heart shatter isn't as pro as veno amp.

Its useful for a lot of things, during stuff like TT, GV and FC its an instant +35% (or 50% for sage) increase on vortex damage. This new instance too should make the shatter skills very useful as all the books are untradable, meaning EVERY class will have to farm them as they cant be bought.

Seen as seekers can amp damage/ critical for every element and skill type, there going to be in high demand for the 95+ instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    What this fail seeker said yea, only works with skill damage of the shatter type.

Its useful for a lot of things, during stuff like TT, GV and FC its an instant +35% (or 50% for sage) increase on vortex damage. This new instance too should make the shatter skills very useful as all the books are untradable, meaning EVERY class will have to farm them as they cant be bought.

Seen as seekers can amp damage/ critical for every element and skill type, there going to be in high demand for the 95+ instance.

The early (beginner) skill books are tradable. Thus you could potentially get your aps farming toon (or someone else's if you don't have one) to get those for your main.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    The early (beginner) skill books are tradable. Thus you could potentially get your aps farming toon (or someone else's if you don't have one) to get those for your main.

I believe that's only one book per class, which is given to you as you follow the quests leading up to the new instance, when i previewed all the books and what orders you acquire them in, there's one skill per class that isn't assigned to a order which im assuming is your freebee, see here for what i mean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Bait is for fish-

Exed out of fac, gonna go have some funz-
    re
  • SolomonSeek - Heavens Tear
    SolomonSeek - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    As always, the fail was within the ingame description on the skill when you mousehover it. I also once thought it was for all physical damage, and was disappointed to learn it wasn't. However, Northern Sky Waltz and Staggering strike do cause a debuff that reduces the enemy's defense level by 20, which means ANY damage should be increased by roughly 20%. That is a debuff that can almost be guaranteed to maintain constantly.

Other note: Heart Shatter becomes very useful already in Trials, when used in conjunction with the blessing that greatly increases all skill damage. I've done massive damage and held aggro from 5.0s without even trying hard, doing that.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    I believe that's only one book per class, which is given to you as you follow the quests leading up to the new instance, when i previewed all the books and what orders you acquire them in, there's one skill per class that isn't assigned to a order which im assuming is your freebee, see here for what i mean.

No, the tradable freebee (well almost free, you get on first day) is definitely the pet summon skill, Jianming Yuan. Korren confirms it here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1291871

And as you can see, you get it in the Order of Corona. That last #5 skill without an Order for each class from what I understand... will not be available when the expansion drops hence the reason why its not assigned an Order.

So like Korren says... don't stick your main in Corona if you plan on pushing for another skill... or else you'll have to wait 7 days to switch to the Order you want. Use an alt instead to get the pet skill (assuming you have one 95+) and just pass it to your main.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    No, the tradable freebee (well almost free, you get on first day) is definitely the pet summon skill, Jianming Yuan. Korren confirms it here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1291871

And as you can see, you get it in the Order of Corona. That last #5 skill without an Order for each class from what I understand... will not be available when the expansion drops hence the reason why its not assigned an Order.

So like Korren says... don't stick your main in Corona if you plan on pushing for another skill... or else you'll have to wait 7 days to switch to the Order you want. Use an alt instead to get the pet skill (assuming you have one 95+) and just pass it to your main.

So if i understand this correct the Freebee skill for each class is the one that levels up (like seekers pet skill and for example psychics untargetable skill. The freebee skill is tradable, but you have to aquire it from within the order i listed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    how about you say the same thing about my sage heart shatter? i went from hitting 120k to near 170k on mobs my level
    Objective: Complete
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    how about you say the same thing about my sage heart shatter? i went from hitting 120k to near 170k on mobs my level
    stop being delusional for once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Since heart shatter works with metal skills and archers can reduce metal resistance how come I never hear of squads taking advantage of this. Like have a cleric DD with both the archer and seeker using their metal skills and the archer keeping the metal resistance debuff on. Has anyone tried this?
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    So if i understand this correct the Freebee skill for each class is the one that levels up (like seekers pet skill and for example psychics untargetable skill. The freebee skill is tradable, but you have to aquire it from within the order i listed.

Correct. since its tradable, look for the beginner skills soon in an AH near you. But you still have to join the order (and do the daily quests) to upgrade it.