if u were a gm...

Options
bearishidonteven
bearishidonteven Posts: 119 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
if u were a gm in pwi, would u go crazy and kill everyone in u see even in town and risk getting your power stripped or? what would u do? IF U WERE A GM....
Post edited by bearishidonteven on

Comments

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Not really. Being a GM is actually a job believe it or not.

Doing something like that will likely get you fired or punished in some way. And I'm pretty sure you need a good background and experience to get a job there, regardless of what people think.

Not only that, but what you're suggesting is a very childish and immature thing to do.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Nope, but 90% of the morons in world chat would be dealt with. b:cute
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    if u were a gm in pwi, would u go crazy and kill everyone in u see even in town and risk getting your power stripped or? what would u do? IF U WERE A GM....

i would make this http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1291111 come true b:laugh
  • Raequel - Dreamweaver
    Raequel - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle

Personally, if I was a GM, I'd want to be the cool one :D Being responsible but fun at the same time, doing random things like what we had on Dreamweaver last weekend.
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raequel (103 Sage Veno) / Egwaine (101 Demon Cleric)
    Daniiella (101 Sage Sin) / Else (100 Demon Archer)
    Tiae (bm) / Athanasyos (barb) / Zeylene (wiz) / Eleysha (mystic)
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I wonder if PWE doesn't let the GMs be more active in the game or the GMs just think the game sucks and don't want to be in there unless they have to be.
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Personally, if I was a GM, I'd want to be the cool one :D Being responsible but fun at the same time, doing random things like what we had on Dreamweaver last weekend.

Sihndra fits with that description...
    well... hes cool, idk if responsible o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Don't the GMs work across more than just PWI though? Like they would support FW and whatever other wishy washy games PWE have. Or am I mistaken? It's a **** tonne of work if so.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If I were a GM, I'd Quickly find a way to transfer my GM chari's '1 BILLION point!! {HP & MP charms} to my alt charis........b:dirty....

As fast as I possibly could, rather then put them on my GM chari!!!!!!b:victory b:chuckle

Frankie, I AM SO ENVIOUS of You Guys and those CHARMS of Yours! I WaNt SoMe, PWETTY PWEASE!!!b:sad

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!b:laugh
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I remember a GM from D*** online, he seem to be so frustrated and always answer player questions with angry tone.
    GM : " Sir, did you you ever work for as a GM ?! "
    Everyone goes to forum to discuss the GM. b:chuckle

(closed now, but other server still around)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Codee - Heavens Tear
    Codee - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Id be a cool one chill with everyone :)
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    if im a GM, i will try to suck all of your money dry. selling packs n r9, i will even make r10 gears and sell it expensive.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Also bunch of people confuse GM and developer, GM's don't control server status and rates, they don't control sales bug fixes and updates, that's a developer's job. What GM does then? He is more like Forum mod...only in game
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Also bunch of people confuse GM and developer, GM's don't control server status and rates, they don't control sales bug fixes and updates, that's a developer's job. What GM does then? He is more like Forum mod...only in game

I love you b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

^ This

Tbh Harshlands needs that kind of fun.

Hell I'd probably hold an event every other day, and y'know make it interesting

....though I'd probably not let any sins or r9s participate if its pvp related unless its against each other >.>
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If I were a GM, I would basically Vortex WC and warn the **** out of people who ****ing swear all damn day long, and if they still did it, I would ban their *****.

Oh wait. If I were a GM, I'd play XBox all day long.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i changed my mind form my original post... if i were a gm i would purge all R9's from the servers.. enjoy the fun pk b:victory
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If I were a GM I'd definitely get in-game and have fun with the players. Holding events, listening to their complaints and suggestions and making it a fun place.

Gosh I miss that daily "A new dawn upon us..." they used to put each morning.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Atlantasia - Sanctuary
    Atlantasia - Sanctuary Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If I were a GM I'd definitely get in-game and have fun with the players. Holding events, listening to their complaints and suggestions and making it a fun place.

+1 I'd do the same, and I definitely miss those at the start of a new day... *sigh*
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

I'd randomly stunlock 105 sins in stealth
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Also bunch of people confuse GM and developer, GM's don't control server status and rates, they don't control sales bug fixes and updates, that's a developer's job.

Management or promo/sale division of a company control the sales normally. Not the employees which create the game content like e.g. fashion.

This was an auto message, frankie already said this in forum a view weeks ago. He also had no idea why it got removed.

Imo the admins in this game got frustrated a long time ago. The marketing of this game was too aggressive which lead in some parts to a perma-aggressive player base. I suppose that the admins got the order to lie very often - thats why many ppl raged. Now they hardly dare to come back to forum or game to talk with ppl - cause they are getting greeted with hatred. The view admins we still have lost their spirit and enthusiasm, i dont think it's a fun job.
  • SteamyFish - Lost City
    SteamyFish - Lost City Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    if i was a gm id be doing the exact same as the current gms

which is *** all
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

I second that notion. the game would be TEEN again
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    - Bosses activate a 100% damage reflect ability upon detecting an attack speed of over 3/sec.
    - Teles and horns have a one minute cool-down between uses.
    - Entering FCC under level 75 would result in instant death.
    - Players of similar level in the same area who form a party to quest or instance receive several buffs to discourage solo play.
    - Hold GM spawn quests and events for players of ALL level ranges via level-limited instances.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I would spend about a month or so(or however long it took) reviewing 3 sections of this forum, Suggestion, Tech Support, and General. I would put together a spread sheet of various bits of data, but mainly the top 10 Issues in these 3 forum sections. I would then compare the data I had and then spend another eh, maybe month or so connecting the issues to solutions that have been suggested or that I think would work. I would then create Polls for each issue offering the players a varity of possible choices(with in reason). I would let these Polls run for a pre determind amount of time. Once I felt enough time had passed and enough votes had been made, I would then complie this data into a well written presentation and submit it to my hire ups all the while following up maybe anywhere from 2 to 3 times a month until each issue was addressed. in the mean time I would update the player base on a weekly basis of any change, even if it was to say, "Sorry guys no word".
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Eh....Let's just say I'd be the GM that people would love.

I'd probably abuse the hell outta the spawn system and have like 30 world bosses at west arch on each server bi-hourly, add in some more fun with the catshops in west arch by causing a massive lag spike to D/c them (<.<), and then have the active people come back into a lag free west arch <3

That and I would run around and yell out in red chat "FREE CHI POST AT *Insert current coordinates here*", see how fast I could get the PvP active in each area xD
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'd spend my time reading forum threads, collecting info and restraining myself from jumping in on every conversation because I'd know my presence can have a destabilizing effect on a thread.

That, and swim in my gold-encrusted pool financed from my massive sales and filled with player tears. Can't do that all day though; tears are too salty and damaging on the skin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    genotypist wrote: »
    I'd spend my time reading forum threads, collecting info and restraining myself from jumping in on every conversation because I'd know my presence can have a destabilizing effect on a thread.

That, and swim in my gold-encrusted pool financed from my massive sales and filled with player tears. Can't do that all day though; tears are too salty and damaging on the skin.

Oooh bloody heck! Okay now you too get no humps for the rest of the day. Ya'll keep this up and I'm either going to have to buy a new laptop just for forums or quit drinking all together. I don't relish either concept. Oh what am I saying I loled so hard I woke my husband. Keep it up he sleeps to much anyhow.

gyroki wrote: »
    Management or promo/sale division of a company control the sales normally. Not the employees which create the game content like e.g. fashion.

This was an auto message, frankie already said this in forum a view weeks ago. He also had no idea why it got removed.

Imo the admins in this game got frustrated a long time ago. The marketing of this game was too aggressive which lead in some parts to a perma-aggressive player base. I suppose that the admins got the order to lie very often - thats why many ppl raged. Now they hardly dare to come back to forum or game to talk with ppl - cause they are getting greeted with hatred. The view admins we still have lost their spirit and enthusiasm, i dont think it's a fun job.

Oooh you are my new bestie. I have been preachin' this since my return to PW. I hate that they guys/girls get a raw deal and get their arses handed to them on the forums. They should sticky your post and say something to the effect of please read before you start flaming. (I could say other things like learn how a business is run and etc....engage your brain and pull it outa your ........... PS3. (what???? I wasn't gonna curse) Thanks for your post.

Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

......epic winning. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I knooow right! lol
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    restraining myself from jumping in on every conversation because I'd know my presence can have a destabilizing effect on a thread.

actually, no. I think I can speak for at least part of the community when I say GM presence is well-appreciated in regular conversation and not just announcements
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?