PVP Arena Already?

Options
U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
How about make a PVP arena already. And im not talking about turning secret passage into pvp area!
Make us a seperate pvp arena. And it can work (just some random thoughts) You can only do pvp in that instance with npc gears provided there by NPC. Also u can only use apos/pots etc there available at the npc. And there can be certain type of modes u can participate in like:
- Free For All.
-Team Battles (sign up @ npc and randomly be selected in a team).
- Mini TW - Defend the base from being inflitrated.
- Entering different maps for pvp arena depending on what type of mode you wanna do. (Similar maps to that ones in Trials Run, or that Chinese wedding temple thing).
That way alot of people can do PVP (even in non pvp servers) for free and fun without using stupid SL OR Buying GS all the time OR losing items!

Most MMO games have a PVP arena, when are you guys going to make one for us?
Post edited by U_Sasuke - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    No, make open map PvP more rewarding.

i.e bounty hunter is actually pvp, kill 10 people between [your level] +/- 5 for xp/reward
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    No, make open map PvP more rewarding.

i.e bounty hunter is actually pvp, kill 10 people between [your level] +/- 5 for xp/reward

There would be so much PvE server QQing it would be epic.

"OMG I'm being forced to PvP so I can get exp? b:angryb:cryb:angry"

b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    LOL @ "Gimme PvP without Consequences" threads.

Just join a PvP server.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    LOL @ "Gimme PvP without Consequences" threads.

Just join a PvP server.

It's not pvp without consequences thread. PVP arena are fun and I bet many people would agree with me.

And no i'm not moving to a PvP server to get full r9 all over again just to kill 60's noobs like you guys do. Learn to read so you know what my threads actually saying.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    That way alot of people can do PVP (even in non pvp servers) for free and fun without using stupid SL OR Buying GS all the time OR losing items!

b:surrender......
    edited February 2012
    Options
    And no i'm not moving to a PvP server to get full r9 all over again just to kill 60's noobs like you guys do. Learn to read so you know what my threads actually saying.

That's YOUR server.

I remember when I turned white name on Sanct at lvl 60. Every 10x there attacked me.

There was not a single person my level that was white named so every 10x ganked me.

Sorry, the majority of your server are idiots when it comes to PvP, and there is no lowbie PvP like there is on LC.

b:bye
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:surrender......

Yeh, that means people who doesn't wanna PVP cuz of that and mainly do PVE, they can also try this out for fun. And there can be lvl caps like in tournuments 60-70, 71-80, 81-90, 91+
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    That's YOUR server.

I remember when I turned white name on Sanct at lvl 60. Every 10x there attacked me.

There was not a single person my level that was white named so every 10x ganked me.

Sorry, the majority of your server are idiots when it comes to PvP, and there is no lowbie PvP like there is on LC.

lol i have seen pvp @ LC which is a joke sir. so lets just stick to what this thread is about.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lol i have seen pvp @ LC which is a joke sir. so lets just stick to what this thread is about.

The joke in this thread is you.

• U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The joke in this thread is you.

Im just some guy with good ideas. Be lucky you're not in same server as me. Else you'll know people in sanctuary can hand 102 BMs their *** without much effort. b:surrender
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Logging into Sanctuary and walking out West Gate is pretty silly. Nothing like seeing a bunch of 10x's Blue names "Dueling". It's like watching Steve Urkle and Peewee Herman in the octagon, a joke.
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Logging into Sanctuary and walking out West Gate is pretty silly. Nothing like seeing a bunch of 10x's Blue names "Dueling". It's like watching Steve Urkle and Peewee Herman in the octagon, a joke.

Not as silly as logging into LC server and watching an r9 killing 60x's pretty much. Or seeing an r9 barb doing arma at 20% hp. Or watching an r9 wizard doing BT on r9 barb. Or sins only doing 3 spark shadow jump aps.

Just because you are from LC server, doesn't mean pvp there is much superior than other servers. Theres limit-less talent in every other server that can give LC pkers run for their money.

Vol. 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s6bF5EnMVo

Vol. 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OOIT9Oy4rI

Vol. 3 http://youtu.be/NcGSDmKMEEA

Maybe LC archers can learn a thing or 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjeiJITpg8U (PK2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAIvo390GhU (PK3 part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-8_4D9ddZ0 (PK3 part 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYPiF1Wmrtk (PK4 part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynDq-SmtUlU (PK4 part 2)

Your Move, Post something good to watch @ LC plz.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This is what I would like to see:

A pvp enabled open map (similiar to lothloris). This map should only be able to be accessed through a teleporter slightly east of arch. (So that people can get to it easily, and without making it even more laggy than it is already.)

This open map should be around the same size as lothloris, and should be complete with water, ground, and air type battles. (This is to make pvp more fun and strategic. Some classes can gain an advantage with clever positioning, or escape easier.

Multiple Ground Terrain Types: Trees, Hills, Mountains, Canyons, Valleys, Fog, Clear areas, rocky terrain, burnt terrain, lava, ice, deep forest. These may just sound like fancy decoration, but it makes pvp more fun. People can position themselves in more advantageous terrain to fight on. Its not as easy to see a veno in fox form over magma, and that may give the veno the slight advantage needed to win. Same is true for a barb in the snow. My seraphic mist wings aren't as much of a target in the snow as they are over burnt land. Deep forest areas allow people to hide in order to escape, and to ambush as well.

Have mobs in that area. Sometimes we need to AOE to flush out nearby sins. (Mobs should be ranged from level 1 onwards, and be a mix of ranged, melee, and mage.

DO NOT HAVE ANY QUESTS IN THAT AREA: Exception should be a quest showing where the npc to teleport there is. This way no one will QQ over not being able to quest.

Random bosses should roam the areas, and those bosses should be able to attack the cities. (This is not designed to be catshop city, but rather a pvp one.) This also keeps people from camping a particular area because the bosses will come, and AOE them to death. Also, have maybe 5 devastators (from rebirth to roam and attack cities as well.) These should be immune to all damage types, and their design is to keep huge teams of R9's, or otherwise elite gear from still making it unplayable for others by camping the cities regardless of the bosses. There needs to be some air bosses as well. The bosses should all be aggressive types, who...and I'll say it again, will attack the cities fairly often.

The cities need to safezones from OTHER PLAYERS, and mobs but not from bosses.

There needs to be quite a few different cities that can be teleported to: Center/NW/SW/NE/SE. This is designed to keep people from camping the less powerful, and making it moreso of a true pvp feel as a pose to a true pvp massacre. The teleporters in this area need to be either free or cheap. Makes it much more fun.

No XP loss upon death: This makes it more inviting.

No Drop loss upon death and no gear shattering: This makes it more inviting as well.

The reason for the no loss is the because it will help make people want to fight here more often. Now, it may seem that you won't make a profit from it that way, but you will. The goal is to give up gratification then to get it down the line:

People will be more likely to charge for zen to get better equipment, sage/demon skills, level 100 skills, better tomes, etc. They'll be MUCH more likely to do this if their is not a risk of an item that they paid some real life money for dropping from a kill. Since the only other ways are guardian scrolls, binding charms, and safety lock. Safety lock disables the npc, binding charms are bound, with no way to unbind for an efficient price, and even if they were would not be as effective in this scenario, and guardian scrolls take up inventory space. Make the whole area a NO LOSS ZONE. That makes it a more inviting zone, and gives endgame players something more to do, and makes them more likely to keep charging zen for you. You lose the instant gratification of some people charging to get more people to do so with a nice area. (Cast a brick to attract a gem.)

Death should not automatically kick you back to town: You should be given the same screen options as always. This keeps squads together, and reduces frustration.

Don't have instances here unless you have a special illusion stone for this area too. The stone needs to be 5k or 10k per instance as well.

NPC's here should be non aggro-able by bosses, and shoule be able to resist all attacks.

Everyone is this able should be able to attack, and be attacked.

Have buff candy like the chrono fragments scattered around as well...both underwater, and on land.

Have mobs level 150 and mobs level [?] to knock sins and archers out of stealth as well.

Have aerial bosses that randomly attack cities. Jewelscalems, and ultra immune to damage jewelscalems should also randomly attack the cities. This is designed to be a hostile place, but a fun one as well. The no loss clause keeps down frustration, and makes it for a nice chaotic scene. There should be one air temple though, which is a TRUE safe zone. This option should come up on the death scene here if one dies, and this temple should have everything that one needs...including the ability to teleport back to the main map.

This instance should not grant good items, or xp for killing mobs. This instance is designed purely for the sweet chaotic killing satisfaction. It has measures of chaos in place to keep people from sieging a particular location, and just killing people that step outside of the safe zone.

Also, there should be the little bugs right from jungle right outside of the cities, but truly unable to enter. They should also be spread around randomly in the other areas, and be able to be the true one shot killers that they are...whilst being immune to all damage. Their job is to make it so that sins can't stealth kill as easily, and so that even the strongest has to watch out. (Note: The bugs, and damage immune bosses, here should be able to ignore tidal protection...including on my sin too.) Sorry sins, but death is death. There should be water and air varieties as well. These should not be as frequent in the areas further from the city, but should be still there in spots too.

Height elevation should be fairly good as well.

Also, the bosses here should respawn quickly, and only drop DQ items. This isn't designed to be an instance for good drops, or even have mobs with good drops. That's what the main map is for. This map is for the chaos and the pvp element. The only exception is that you should still have herbs and material here to farm with your pickaxe. That's it as far as that's concerned though. You're here, and you're here for the battle, and the mobs are here to place a system of justice and to otherwise destroy.

This is a design to cause a fun pvp feel, more endgame content, more midgame content, and be what pvp is supposed to be moreso like. It also has somewhat of a system of balance as well, as even sins aren't as safe anymore, and have to get used to looking over their shoulders even more. Psys can't just walk around safely anymore.

Also, ALL CLASSES MOVES SHOULD WORK HERE, INCLUDING KNOCKBACKS, and brambles. (Veno's bramble moves, and demon barbs roars.) Genie knockbacks and other skills should work as well.

This gives a whole new feel to things, and it would make it more fun. It does not fix the balance, which was broken. The only real way to fix that now is to give older classes the skills, and moves needed to combat the balance breakers. However, it does restore a sense of balance, without going as far as to be an anti sin environment, or an anti psy one. It makes it a keep you on your toes type environment that can easily end in a one shot for even the most elite geared. (It retains the survivability of them and the damage output, but also makes it so that they aren't untouchable either. They can get smoked like everyone else can.)

This is my idea on it, and one which I like. Hopefully someone will see this, and this idea will come into flourishion.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Im just some guy with good ideas. Be lucky you're not in same server as me. Else you'll know people in sanctuary can hand 102 BMs their *** without much effort. b:surrender

/facepalm

I do have a lvl 69 sin that I was going to end-game on your server. I quit because the PvP was a joke. And it wasn't like I was starting out from scratch, I had a couple of friends willing to help me with quite a bit there.

With the exception of a couple of dozen people whom I just assume are good, I saw evasion barbs dueling mana BMs, bms and sins trying to tank each other's triple sparks... It was pretty horrid.

But the PvP on Sanct was noticeably better than it was on HT.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Not as silly as logging into LC server and watching an r9 killing 60x's pretty much. Or seeing an r9 barb doing arma at 20% hp. Or watching an r9 wizard doing BT on r9 barb. Or sins only doing 3 spark shadow jump aps.

Just because you are from LC server, doesn't mean pvp there is much superior than other servers. Theres limit-less talent in every other server that can give LC pkers run for their money.

Vol. 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s6bF5EnMVo

Vol. 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OOIT9Oy4rI

Vol. 3 http://youtu.be/NcGSDmKMEEA

Maybe LC archers can learn a thing or 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjeiJITpg8U (PK2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAIvo390GhU (PK3 part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-8_4D9ddZ0 (PK3 part 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYPiF1Wmrtk (PK4 part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynDq-SmtUlU (PK4 part 2)

Your Move, Post something good to watch @ LC plz.

Don't bother all the idiots from LC think they are so much better then anyone else because their name is always white since level 30. I know plenty like cheze that was on dreamweaver that went there. I don't hear them talking smack to him even though he was on a PvE server first. The server is what you make it, and your skills are how much you work at them, the server is irrelevant.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Viriilink - Lost City
    Viriilink - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I don't think anyone that was good/great on Lost City still plays.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Don't bother all the idiots from LC think they are so much better then anyone else because their name is always white since level 30. I know plenty like cheze that was on dreamweaver that went there. I don't hear them talking smack to him even though he was on a PvE server first. The server is what you make it, and your skills are how much you work at them, the server is irrelevant.

Yeah, I'm sure the average guy from Dreamweaver can solo harpy wraith. I bet you've done it thousands of times.

• Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    /facepalm

I do have a lvl 69 sin that I was going to end-game on your server. I quit because the PvP was a joke. And it wasn't like I was starting out from scratch, I had a couple of friends willing to help me with quite a bit there.

With the exception of a couple of dozen people whom I just assume are good, I saw evasion barbs dueling mana BMs, bms and sins trying to tank each other's triple sparks... It was pretty horrid.

But the PvP on Sanct was noticeably better than it was on HT.

^ HT pvp even worse now, rest assured :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ^ HT pvp even worse now, rest assured :P

Haha, aww Ace. I'm sorry. I really don't want to be mean, but I don't see how it could be any worse.

b:surrender
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yeah, I'm sure the average guy from Dreamweaver can solo harpy wraith. I bet you've done it thousands of times.

I'm sure the average guy from LC can solo harpy wraith too.

My barb got harpy to 1m, but alas, the 4.0 sage barb that still needs to re-roll his r8 reforged plate, didn't quite get the purge off on him. If i had almost full +11 / +12 like cheze I'd probably been fine.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm sure the average guy from LC can solo harpy wraith too.

I'm sure most people on LC don't care. They're too busy in-fighting and participating in drama. b:chuckle

My barb got harpy to 1m, but alas, the 4.0 sage barb that still needs to re-roll his r8 reforged plate, didn't quite get the purge off on him. If i had almost full +11 / +12 like cheze I'd probably been fine.

You work on that. b:victory
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvTRURwDp_c

Get Good.b:bye
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm sure most people on LC don't care. They're too busy in-fighting and participating in drama. b:chuckle

You work on that. b:victory

Trying to work on that but had to spend 2 billion on the wife's gear. If she's happy I'm happy or something like that. b:avoid
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    We have a pvp arena.

Everyday, at 7 pm.

It has no consequences.

In fact, it REWARDS YOU for playing.

Too bad it's just a R9 1-shot fest, just like world pvp.

No one goes there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
    edited February 2012
    Options

Ah, mah buddie Dan. He's good like that.

So you have Dan's seal of approval, is that what you're saying? b:pleased

Trying to work on that but had to spend 2 billion on the wife's gear. If she's happy I'm happy or something like that. b:avoid

You sir, are correct. Have your priorities in order. lol
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ah, mah buddie Dan. He's good like that.

So you have Dan's seal of approval, is that what you're saying? b:pleased

You sir, are correct. Have your priorities in order. lol

Actually a sin, MrsSaxwell solo'd the harpy too, without gears anywhere near as good as chezes. Too bad we don't record everything. b:bye
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Chump.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Chump.

What, it's not like I didn't have it laying around collecting dust. Now it's a purdy full lunar nirvy arcane set for her cleric. Lunar nirvy is so damn sexy b:nosebleed
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    im for this but lest add some thing to it.....make a cave or something that all people on all severs can go for pvp.you dont drop or turn red, youll have quests and stuff to do there to get people to come there,and it would prove that lost city is hands down the best server on pwi.put you charr where you mouth is.would love to see this b:pleased
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Actually a sin, MrsSaxwell solo'd the harpy too, without gears anywhere near as good as chezes. Too bad we don't record everything. b:bye

I love how you equate PvE challenges to PvP. That's quite pro. b:pleased