Refining is ****

Options
Zalm - Dreamweaver
Zalm - Dreamweaver Posts: 128 Arc User
edited February 2012 in The Crafting Nook
I sort of wished someone told me refining in this game was absolute ****. I saved and saved and saved..got myself over 50 Mirage celestones...in fact, 66 of them. dont ask me why I stopped there, I just did. So the whole time I worked my *** off getting all the celestones I could through quests and otherwise. Then I finally decide to hit up the elder to 'refine' some stuff. It never worked....scratch that, it worked once, then failed every single time after that. I wasted time, and probably a decent sum of cash trying to 'refine' my nice Wheel of Fate. I got nothing. Had I been warned about how terrible refining is, I would have posted a catshop and sold all my Mirages for dirt cheap, like 2k each, since other people are willing to waste their money on 'refining.' Dont get me wrong, I tried it with three other peices of equips, but at least my Wheel took a +1 before eating through about 40 more mirages. Maybe thats why they call it a Mirage Celestone, cuz the idea of actually succeding is nothing but a Mirage.
I don't see people begging for Assassins to come save them.
I don't see people spamming for BM or Archer buffs in Archosaur.
I don't see people asking to be revived by Barbs, Seekers, or Psychics.
You know what I do see?
'OMG I NEED A CLERIC!'
'Any clerics nearby that can buff me?'
'Can you rez me? I need a rez.'
Post edited by Zalm - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide
    ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    1.) you can npc mirages at 10k ea so dont throw money away and sell at 2kea
    2.) One you level, Mirages will be easier to collect, you can get 36 a day from TT, 55 Mirages from BH reward so don't fret
    3.) Not worth refining at level 46 but keep up the habit of collecting things as it will help you in the future
  • Zalm - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    1.) you can npc mirages at 10k ea so dont throw money away and sell at 2kea
    2.) One you level, Mirages will be easier to collect, you can get 36 a day from TT, 55 Mirages from BH reward so don't fret
    3.) Not worth refining at level 46 but keep up the habit of collecting things as it will help you in the future

I would try to refine things in the future, if it wasnt for the fact that I will prolly waste more time anyway. if refining dosnt work at my lvl, 53, then what the hell makes it work more efficiently at any other lvl? does your refining chances go up as you lvl? If this were the case, why is there up to +12 for stuff if its all but plausible to even hit +3?
    You know what I do see?
    'OMG I NEED A CLERIC!'
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    At lower levels, you should save up your Mirages/Celestones. You'll be replacing your weapon pretty soon due to how quickly and easy it is to level. Save refining for later levels. 90+.

Also remember that Weapons take 2 Mirages per refine try. Everything else only takes 1.

Most people use Mirages only to +5. Then they use refining aids such as Tisha Stones or Dragon Orbs after that. Dragon Orbs guarantee refines without failure depending on the level of the Dragon Orb.

Refining is frustrating. It takes a lot of Mirages and anger management lol.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i personally stopped refining weapons with mirages or chance-based refining aids at anything above +3...

its just to frustrating seeing 2k mirages go pop

id much rather use those costly refining orbs and have less hassle :>

oh, mirages are like water, many ways to get them at high lvl
    right now i have like 4k mirages without any effort getting them (besides TT during last 2x drop, and the casual BH on 3 chars)
    i like potato
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i personally stopped refining weapons with mirages or chance-based refining aids at anything above +3...

I refined almost my entire set to +5 with mirages until +3/+4 and then tienkangs to +5. Probably cost me less than 500 mirages total for the 7 items I currently have at +5.

Makes me wonder if it really is that random...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    had you done the slightest bit of research on refining rates, you would have understood how it works

you didnt, and now QQ about it
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I just refined my barb's Pan Gu axe to +5 with 120 mirages and 2 tishas (failed once at +4; had to +4 again).

Mirages are alot easier to acquire later in the game. At level 100 you can earn 55 of them from BH as a possible reward. You can also get them from Fairy Boxes in TT and Cube too, but cube isn't really cost effective for mirages.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Zalm - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    At lower levels, you should save up your Mirages/Celestones. You'll be replacing your weapon pretty soon due to how quickly and easy it is to level. Save refining for later levels. 90+.

Also remember that Weapons take 2 Mirages per refine try. Everything else only takes 1.

Most people use Mirages only to +5. Then they use refining aids such as Tisha Stones or Dragon Orbs after that. Dragon Orbs guarantee refines without failure depending on the level of the Dragon Orb.

Refining is frustrating. It takes a lot of Mirages and anger management lol.

Again, why would I even bother, if I spend so many mirages to upgrade to something so gimp anyway? I think I'll stick with selling them to dupes who are willing to spend 2k mirage stones just to get a +2. That just means 20 mil for me! XD...I'd assume buy something at +5 for 10 mil and keep the extra 10 for myself!
    You know what I do see?
    'OMG I NEED A CLERIC!'
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Again, why would I even bother, if I spend so many mirages to upgrade to something so gimp anyway? I think I'll stick with selling them to dupes who are willing to spend 2k mirage stones just to get a +2. That just means 20 mil for me! XD...I'd assume buy something at +5 for 10 mil and keep the extra 10 for myself!

2000 mirages to get +2? b:chuckle I've +3ed a lot of gear with just mirages, and the worst luck I've had was using 130 mirages to get to +3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

if you can't +2 or +3 with 2k mirages, you're doing something wrong, and don't blame the refining percentages.

it took me less than 100 mirages to +3 all my gear.
  • Evilsnare - Lost City
    Evilsnare - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Refining is not ****.

First, it's not worth refining at your level because the HP you will get on your gear from refines is not that much. You should only start refining after level 80 or so.. Because the higher the grade (level) of that certain armor piece, the more HP it will get from refines (more PDEF, MDEF, evasion if its Necklace or Belt). For example, a grade 13 helmet (G13, Warsoul of Earth for example) +12 (o.o) will give about 2,2k HP.

Second, if you can't refine to +2 or +3, like I_Snipe said, you're doing something very wrong.. b:bye
  • Vaelfar - Lost City
    Vaelfar - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Lol, just get Dragon orbs, they make refining 100% successful.
  • Zalm - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    if you can't +2 or +3 with 2k mirages, you're doing something wrong, and don't blame the refining percentages.

it took me less than 100 mirages to +3 all my gear.

I dont see how I'm doing anything wrong, I'm not even sure how to do anything wrong with the refining system. It's pretty straight forward. I stick my equips in there, and then use up my mirages, I tried again recently, thinking maybe it was my fault, and you know what happened again? I unleashed over 200 mirages into one piece of equipment, and it never even saw +1. 200 MIRAGE!!! Please tell me if maybe I'm hitting the wrong buttons? or using the wrong celestones, or maybe the equipment cant be refined? its a basic Wheel of Fate. I dont see how any one puts 100 mirages into anything and gets a plus anything ever!
    You know what I do see?
    'OMG I NEED A CLERIC!'