Existing Skill Balancing

Options

Comments

• J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I hope BP will be a buff for all classes.... since it works on melee hits only there is no meaning in giving it to certain classes.

A wiz still wont get the BP heal if he uses his skills. Nor does a sin get BP heal when sin is using a bow.

So why not give the precious buff to archers and venos?
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Pretty bad examples since each of those involves having skills disabled <_<
    Venos have to give up all of their wood attacks to use fox form for example.

The big difference is that all of those are instant. I'm not sure how quick it will be for a cleric to slip in and out of purple mode.

They disable skills and grant either a significant bonus to survival or access to other good skills.

Clerics other form grants a big "go reroll".
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I hope BP will be a buff for all classes.... since it works on melee hits only there is no meaning in giving it to certain classes.

A wiz still wont get the BP heal if he uses his skills. Nor does a sin get BP heal when sin is using a bow.

Not like the R9 archers need any boosts in this game. Give them Bloodpaint and you've just made them into the best class in the game.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Not like the R9 archers need any boosts in this game. Give them Bloodpaint and you've just made them into the best class in the game.

You just faild in reading.

How is Bloodpaint boosting rank9 archers while bloodpaint does not work on bows?

What i said is: give Bloodpaint to all classes, since it works on melee attacks only.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You just faild in reading.

How is Bloodpaint boosting rank9 archers while bloodpaint does not work on bows?

What i said is: give Bloodpaint to all classes, since it works on melee attacks only.

... Because any R9 archer has the option of equipping, say, a +12 TT100 fist and still maintaining 5 pieces of their R9 along with 4.0 aps? Of course, the same is true for barbs, but I have yet to see a single R9 clawbarb. Mostly because R9 barbs tend to be TW barbs.

The only class that would even come close to that survivability would be a Demon sin, but even they would fall short as they could only get 20 JoSD instead of 24, plus no R9 bonuses. The different comes to a ton of life due to refines and 36 Defense Levels at the very least. And that's a lot.

I went from a level 92 Demon archer to this Sage sin. If archers got BP, I'd get an account stash and go back to my archer on that same day. And that's after having bought a G13 Nirvana dagger and R8 on my sin.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

This is just stupid. Of all the OP skills sins get you think bloodpaint would make everyone reroll archer?

You don't think its inner harmony? Tidal protection? Deaden nerves? Wolf Emblem? Class-exclusive 5.0 zerk dex weapons?

Bloodpaint is only useful in pve and there are far too many damn sins / bms in pve. Really they should get rid of it all together. If your gear is so suck you cant heal yourself with spark / pots get a damn cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

No way in hell ranged attacks should have BP.

You contradict yourself when you say only work melee then give to all classes. Whats a cleric or wiz gonna do with BP?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    No way in hell ranged attacks should have BP.

You contradict yourself when you say only work melee then give to all classes. Whats a cleric or wiz gonna do with BP?

BP does not work with ranged attacks. It only works with melee attacks and both archers and venos have a few melee attack skills (as in skills that can receive bramble damage).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm surprised nobody has come in this thread and started screaming

"NERF THE SINS!!!"
    "NERF THE SINS!!!"
    "NERF THE SINS!!!"

b:chuckle

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Also:
    This is just stupid. Of all the OP skills sins get you think bloodpaint would make everyone reroll archer?

You don't think its inner harmony? Tidal protection? Deaden nerves? Wolf Emblem? Class-exclusive 5.0 zerk dex weapons?

+1
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

+1,000,000

Any "skills rebalancing" coming in the new expansion that doesn't address the Assassin class in some way or form would be a monumental waste of time.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I look forward to the glitches that I will find after this is installed. I think that is the only exciting thing left!
  • VladVonDutch - Sanctuary
    VladVonDutch - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Does the balancing mean, DOT skills will be usefull again?...

yeah right...
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm still pretty sure the 'rebalancing' is a misunderstanding brought on from translating chinese->french->english.

We'll see some changes in gameplay due to the new stuff, sure - but I don't think we'll see any radical changes to existing skills. We'd have heard from the CN players, if anything like that was going on.

And, worst, apart from stealth and bloodpaint, it's not the skills people want rebalancing; it's the "Hey, why should I bother using skills?" people. (And stealth is being 'balanced' by... letting more people have it! And adding more consumables.)
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm still pretty sure the 'rebalancing' is a misunderstanding brought on from translating chinese->french->english.

We'll see some changes in gameplay due to the new stuff, sure - but I don't think we'll see any radical changes to existing skills. We'd have heard from the CN players, if anything like that was going on.

Really ?

You think that one of the main affiliates of PWE would have gotten the translation wrong on their front page ?

I actually still believe that the patch we're getting contains some adjustments/additions that were left out of the China one. And before anyone claims once again that CN would never go through the trouble of creating exclusive content for just one region... hypering in Frost (Chinese can't do that) anyone ? b:bye
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Since PW devs don't appears to know muich about their game anyway, I'm afraid this balancing will makes some classes even more useless than they are now, and one class even more OP than it is now.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Really ?

You think that one of the main affiliates of PWE would have gotten the translation wrong on their front page ?

I actually still believe that the patch we're getting contains some adjustments/additions that were left out of the China one. And before anyone claims once again that CN would never go through the trouble of creating exclusive content for just one region... hypering in Frost (Chinese can't do that) anyone ? b:bye

This--

China about a year ago (or when the first rep sale came) started recognizing the difference in gaming cultures-(as per Frankie's explanation to the insane drop in prices) So it is reasonable that they started doing additional work for the US patch, that separates us from China's carbon copies to cater to the lazy gamers that we are-

As far as I am told, China don't have some of the current issues we have in class balance-
    re
  • demmonia
    demmonia Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    As far as I am told, China don't have some of the current issues we have in class balance-

Yes so as PWMY, Exp boosters not working in FC,classes don't have issues with balance, and atleast there is no "stupid" rep/packs sells every week, rank9 is hard to get there, and here..... well only devs made "issues with classes" noone else. b:bye
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    demmonia wrote: »
    Yes so as PWCN, Exp boosters not working in FC,classes don't have issues with balance, and atleast there is no "stupid" rep/packs sells every week, rank9 is hard to get there, and here..... well only GM's made "issues with classes" noone else. b:bye

Just made corrections for you...
  • demmonia
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Just made corrections for you...

nope i meant PWMY(Perfect World Malaysia-english) and yes GM thanks for that.b:chuckle
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It is nearly impossible to create balance in pwi anymore, especially when archers can tank an army in pvp, or when a sin can double spark use relentless and rip you apart before you can even react..

No matter what adjustment they make to skills, it will be the same...I mean serious r9 wizz had 20- 25k base atk lol wtf? Archer has 22-26k base atk lol?

The only adjustments that I would like to see is a reduction in dmge output, but that's just me.
  • demmonia
    edited February 2012
    Options
    oh and sorry, i don't want to butt-licking to do but.. Perfect World Malaysia is challange game, Rank9 is PAIN to get or recasted Rank8 parts, Nirvana isn't only for 5.0aps and for -50% cast lol and so on...
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lol @ all the classes Q_Qing on this thread except wizzys! considering we are the most washed-out class now days.
    Completely useless in PVE, except delta maybe. hats off to World Chat: LF 4.0+ aps pm me!
    PVP: We got so many bad match ups. GL beating a 5.0 sin in 1on1!
    Veno: totally out run you with their speed and come back, purge, amps, EP, Stun, 2 hits. GG.
    Psychic: espcially +12 josd one...GET SEALED every 1 hit, and their normal cast/channel on single skills is much faster, not to mention total out DD on normal casting skills vs a wizard.
    BM: magic marrowed and espcially r9 josd one, GL fighting their stuns without Badge/ Fortify on genie. and yet they are getting another stun, a tele-stun skill LOL! as if they need more.
    Archer: Fully buffed r9 archer vs r9 wizard, odds are 75% - 25% in archer's favor. Not to mention high purge on r9 bow, it's a matter of any sec b4 u get purge, 4 max normal arrow shoot from range n GG.
    Barb: r9, +10 and vit stoned ones, GL killing that 40k+ hp without spark skill on the genie.

That leaves only what? cleric, mystics, seekers?
    Do u see us Q_Qing? shut up!
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It is nearly impossible to create balance in pwi anymore, especially when archers can tank an army in pvp, or when a sin can double spark use relentless and rip you apart before you can even react..

No matter what adjustment they make to skills, it will be the same...I mean serious r9 wizz had 20- 25k base atk lol wtf? Archer has 22-26k base atk lol?
    The only adjustments that I would like to see is a reduction in dmge output, but that's just me.

Thats where PWE failed in making it easy to obtain through CS- but not having the power to dumb down the insane damage in the weapons- China isn't responcable for our unbalanced play- PWE preying on those with disposable money is the cause of unbalanced game play-
    re
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thats where PWE failed in making it easy to obtain through CS- but not having the power to dumb down the insane damage in the weapons- China isn't responcable for our unbalanced play- PWE preying on those with disposable money is the cause of unbalanced game play-

But yet wanmei cared when rank 9 medals were put into dq shop.

If they truly cared about us, they wouldn't have told pwe to remove them and would've have let all these sales happening...

Pwcn has nearly none of the r9 sales we get, and packs are rarely in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gallax13th
    gallax13th Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    watch em nerf the *** out of sins, they all rage quit and i die laughing
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Pretty bad examples since each of those involves having skills disabled <_<
    Venos have to give up all of their wood attacks to use fox form for example.

The big difference is that all of those are instant. I'm not sure how quick it will be for a cleric to slip in and out of purple mode.

>_> No. The examples are good ones.

These forms are instaneous.

They grant access to other useful skills, as well as other useful bonuses.

Cleric metal mage mode grants access to a minor increase in attack damage, and comes with a high cost. The bad outweighs the good in this scenario, so it is not the same. Attack-wise, we have the same move-set. Our moves don't really change. In exchange for this minor increase in power, we receive a major penalty however. We suffer the loss of all of our heals, and some of our blessings. That's a HUGE loss for a cleric. This mode will have its applications in aps squads, but all in all, this mode comes with too small of a reward, and too high of a penalty to be beneficial in the same sense of the various modes of other classes.

Also, from what I understand the cast is 3 seconds, and the cooldown is 15 seconds. I may have to recheck that though.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If I could make one change to the game, I would make Strength the stat that affects accuracy instead of Dexterity. Dex would still feed evasion.
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    few things off the top of my head that i would like to see to balance the game.

1)Barb Aggro increased

2) Sins stealth is made to be like Archers - lower ms

3) Blood Paint is reduced to 1 % HP absorbed (2 for sage )

4) Cool-down on sparks nerf I dont like the sound of, or the chi gained while spark is active. like the way it is, should stay the same

5) fix change the description of Turtle, its 15 seconds not 20 :/

6)have Bramble allowed for any type of PK mode.

That's just my wish list, probably things people are going to dislike about it but meh,
    **** happens
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This reminds of something I read here about 6 months ago, I dont remember if it was a rumor or if it was a planned implementation. But i seem to remember talk about demon spark being altered so that you no longer gain chi while sparked.

Could this be one of the rumored skill balances?
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This reminds of something I read here about 6 months ago, I dont remember if it was a rumor or if it was a planned implementation. But i seem to remember talk about demon spark being altered so that you no longer gain chi while sparked.

Could this be one of the rumored skill balances?

No, that was just a suggestion by a player.

This should only apply to melee classes since they are the ones that benefit from this.
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn