Max DMG output seeker R9+12, DOTs, Darkflames

Options
Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Seeker
Anyone has seen any like that on any server?

How do such seekers hit in PK, how do they perform in TW, what are their strong points and their weaknesses?
If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
Post edited by Spell_Caster - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Nobody on any server has seen one?b:shocked
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    pretty sure a dot +12 with drake flame would be able to hit 100k in pk (spike damage) without amps as my highest with josd gear is 89k on a rank9 archer without amps
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    pretty sure a dot +12 with drake flame would be able to hit 100k in pk (spike damage) without amps as my highest with josd gear is 89k on a rank9 archer without amps

Care to say how? R9 +11 seeker hit me for 25k at the most, but yet to see 89k zerk crit b:shocked
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    http://www.pwcalc.com/58313c08bf33ae4f is my current build and my average on other R9's is 5-7k with gemini slash, and ive hit 41k before on a R9 AA with crit zerk frenzy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Anyone has seen any like that on any server?

How do such seekers hit in PK, how do they perform in TW, what are their strong points and their weaknesses?
    not only did you say clerics need 200pts of VIT with all citrines, now your asking for a seeker with all Diamond of Tigers on a R9+12 of all gear?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited January 2012
    Options
    not only did you say clerics need 200pts of VIT with all citrines, now your asking for a seeker with all Diamond of Tigers on a R9+12 of all gear?

Well yeah! I do consider the seeker as the king of TW in terms of AOE dmg. Lets put it this way, a seeker is like a wizard with zerk. He would be a waste to play as a tank. A glass-cannon seeker could rock in TW.
    How would you see a good seeker build for TW/PW? I said R9+12 darkflames, that means in terms of budget, this seeker has alot of money.
    When I spoke about Vit Cleric build for Tw, I was speaking about R8 or under, people with low budged posibilities.
    Dont take it personally, I just want to make myself understood. English is not my native language and I in no case disregard other's opinions if they are argumented and not just...intended to flame.b:bye
  • Anfisa - Lost City
    Anfisa - Lost City Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Well yeah! I do consider the seeker as the king of TW in terms of AOE dmg. Lets put it this way, a seeker is like a wizard with zerk. He would be a waste to play as a tank. A glass-cannon seeker could rock in TW.
    How would you see a good seeker build for TW/PW? I said R9+12 darkflames, that means in terms of budget, this seeker has alot of money.
    When I spoke about Vit Cleric build for Tw, I was speaking about R8 or under, people with low budged posibilities.
    Dont take it personally, I just want to make myself understood. English is not my native language and I in no case disregard other's opinions if they are argumented and not just...intended to flame.b:bye
    Assuming 24 sockets and using O'Malleys, you damage increase from using full DoT is only 13.7% (12.6% if using Jones). That doesn't seem worth the loss of 48 DEF levels or 3.6k hp if sharding with vit.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Assuming 24 sockets and using O'Malleys, you damage increase from using full DoT is only 13.7% (12.6% if using Jones). That doesn't seem worth the loss of 48 DEF levels or 3.6k hp if sharding with vit.

Eh... I would argue it is. A Seeker is essentially a ranged DD and a ranged DD without high damage is kind of a waste in TW. Maximizing damage over survivability for TW does seem like a viable option to me (and its not like +12 refines throughout isn't going to give you more than decent HP for extra survivability when buffed anyway).
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I,m 125 Attack levels with Jones Blessing, but in last tw-s i mostly run around with o,malleys blessing on and even 5 def level buff on. well i switch blessings, but only if i feel enough safe. i went for dots, cause they are so much cheaper:). if i ever get ref done (+12) i maybe replace some dots with josd-s or even all.
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Eh... I would argue it is. A Seeker is essentially a ranged DD and a ranged DD without high damage is kind of a waste in TW. Maximizing damage over survivability for TW does seem like a viable option to me (and its not like +12 refines throughout isn't going to give you more than decent HP for extra survivability when buffed anyway).
    cause its like the mage equivalent of having super dmg but with 3k HP and 1k pdef.

if they cant stay alive to dish that dmg out in a field filled with R9 and nirvana ganks, then your useless. + relying on buffs in TW when theres a frenzy of debuffs isnt realistic. Its a luxury and a bonus that shouldnt be counted on.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited January 2012
    Options

Why would someone use O'Malleys if they sharded DOTs all over? Jones blessing all the way! The thing is to be able to oneshot any R9 class with zerk crit...now about a R9+12 barb with 40k hp, you might need several hits but if one triple sparks, IGs and in 12 sec he manages to land all his aoes and get out alive, one seeker can actually destroy groups of players in TW, oneshoting with Zerk/crit denying all those players AD or Apothecary. That is the chalange here. Be full R9+12 wiz/Psych/Veno/Cleric/Mystic and ....booooooom oneshot 17k crit/zerk...and you are out!

b:victory
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    well surprise surprise, people can actually move in pwi. atleast tw-s in my server against best faction isnt so easy that u go and do several aoes on or vortex large group of people. Those are rare moments.

u can do sh.it when u are dead :) - saying full dot seeker:P. well in last tw-s i have been is squad with bm, cleric, barb, so full buffed (95% of time) and useing omalleys, and our assist attack system works really well, so i dont feel like i need more damage and i really like def i have.

tw point isnt to solo opponents, point is to works as team
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Why would someone use O'Malleys if they sharded DOTs all over? Jones blessing all the way! The thing is to be able to oneshot any R9 class with zerk crit...now about a R9+12 barb with 40k hp, you might need several hits but if one triple sparks, IGs and in 12 sec he manages to land all his aoes and get out alive, one seeker can actually destroy groups of players in TW, oneshoting with Zerk/crit denying all those players AD or Apothecary. That is the chalange here. Be full R9+12 wiz/Psych/Veno/Cleric/Mystic and ....booooooom oneshot 17k crit/zerk...and you are out!

b:victory
    lucky raging tide has barbs with 10k HP lower >.>
    edited February 2012
    Options
    well surprise surprise, people can actually move in pwi. atleast tw-s in my server against best faction isnt so easy that u go and do several aoes on or vortex large group of people. Those are rare moments.

u can do sh.it when u are dead :) - saying full dot seeker:P. well in last tw-s i have been is squad with bm, cleric, barb, so full buffed (95% of time) and useing omalleys, and our assist attack system works really well, so i dont feel like i need more damage and i really like def i have.

tw point isnt to solo opponents, point is to works as team

Well, it is a built line. I did not say it is the best or that is suits to everyone's gameplay and gamestyle. I am a Full DD person, cannon-glass type, kill before get killed. That is my personal opinion. If you like instead of 24 attack levels to have 48 extra defense levels, then that's also good.
    Ofc the teamwork is essential, that is why I asked you, as I never played a R9 seeker in TW, only wizard.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It is a matter of playstyle- The one strong point for people that play seekers, you are not bound to play one paticular style-

In TW you could play as a full on brute, taking the action head on, and attempting to try an absorb as much as possible from all angles-

Or you could play conservative, playing a bit more cautious, and trying to deliver the most efficient attacks-

It took me many debates with TW leaders to realize, who had it stuck in their thick scull because we are a HA class, we should just run in the middle of anything and die trying to kill, that we could also play in the back, and be far more of a pain in the ***, and survive a bit longer to continue being a pain in the ***...

So in theory, if you are a full on brute seeker---survivability is a must, otherwise you just meet your maker head on- if your survivability is just knowing when to move and get the hell out of there, then producing effective damage is more efficient-
    re
  • TJTLegend - Archosaur
    TJTLegend - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Spell_Caster

saying that seekers are the kings of tw is a slap in the face to all wizys, sure they can hit hard but i doubt they can hit hard as much as a wiz. Wizys have 4 major aoes to us in tw, anyways on a positive side a rank 9+ 12 full dot seeker is kinda nice but i dont think itll be wise to pick over wiz/physic or even archer.
  • Vengeance - Lothranis
    Vengeance - Lothranis Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    hi,

spellcaster will prob forgot me from rt i'm Templar from insight/qq also bm holyheaven. I went to Lothranis now and got R9 set on my seeker planning to +12 wep soon if i can. everybody complaining I only can kill when i zerk crit on that server so i agree with spellcaster that seeker is king of tw, hard to kill and hard hitting what else do you want? and with new skill they even have the "black vodoo" from psychic to gain more attack lvls

grtz vengeance
  • TJTLegend - Archosaur
    TJTLegend - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm just gonna leave yall that want to think seekers are kings of tw, continue kidding yourselves, only to find out your wrong. 1 more thing , Vengeance you saying that you can only kill people when you zerk crit...............

LOL

Nuff said.b:bye
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm just gonna leave yall that want to think seekers are kings of tw, continue kidding yourselves, only to find out your wrong. 1 more thing , Vengeance you saying that you can only kill people when you zerk crit...............

LOL

Nuff said.b:bye

Dat spammable crit zerking BiDs is killer in tw you know b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • gallax13th
    gallax13th Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    hmmm
    if you cursed someone,
    i could see you hitting anywhere from 100-150k on someone