Archer stats

Options
rcon4
rcon4 Posts: 7 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Archer
i just start an archer and i have put the stats 8dex 1 vit 1 str per 10 points is good?What necklace i should use phys. res. or element res. or evasion?
Post edited by rcon4 on

Comments

• Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yes, that is correct and use evasion ornaments. Archer's defences suck so bad you might as well use evasion. Also it might be a good idea to add around 10-20 magic points if you're going to use the Natural Elven Wings as then you don't use mana when you fly.
  • rcon4
    edited February 2012
    Options
    thx but now i have one more question i have lvl 6 but lvl 6 moster give me 9dmg and lvl 7 monster 17 dmg what eq i must use to give 1 dmg?
  • Docpetiot - Sanctuary
    Docpetiot - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Considering all the archers who spam skill to kill whatever captopod, I think you may need at least 100 in magic.
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    They are trolling you jsyk. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I suggest reading Annor's Archer Basics, which is stickied in this subforum. Most of the above posts are sarcastic.
  • Evilsnare - Lost City
    Evilsnare - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You need to put 1 STR every level in order to wear Light Armor. Otherwise, you won't be able to use Light Armor. So you can either go 1 STR and 4 DEX every level or 1 STR, 1 VIT and 3 DEX and cap VIT at 20 or 30 and then 1 STR and 4 DEX because Archers and Assassins are squishy at low levels.

Use Physical Necklaces and Belts for extra Phys. Def aswell.
  • rcon4
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ok thx for the reply
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Vit tbh is kinda useless. It's not that noticeable when you start to invest in gear, but the loss to crit and damage is easily noticeable. 1 Str 4 Dex is really the way to go.

Ornament wise, really what ever is available that is good. Yes you have less Pdef but for most of the game your more likely to take magic damage (melee mobs won't really get close at all).
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Vit tbh is kinda useless. It's not that noticeable when you start to invest in gear, but the loss to crit and damage is easily noticeable. 1 Str 4 Dex is really the way to go.

Ornament wise, really what ever is available that is good. Yes you have less Pdef but for most of the game your more likely to take magic damage (melee mobs won't really get close at all).

Agree. Vit is completely pointless. And the damage/crit is noticable. 4 dex, 1 str / lvl.

Also, a mixed set of ornaments could be worth it as well for balance's sake (phys neck, mag belt).
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Agree. Vit is completely pointless. And the damage/crit is noticable. 4 dex, 1 str / lvl.

Also, a mixed set of ornaments could be worth it as well for balance's sake (phys neck, mag belt).

No.

Damage/crit only becomes noticeable when you're talking about dozens of dex points, at which point the HP you would get from adding vit becomes noticeable too.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    No.

Damage/crit only becomes noticeable when you're talking about dozens of dex points, at which point the HP you would get from adding vit becomes noticeable too.

Let's Assume a 3/1/1 build then. The Average Archer at 100:
                    Pure Dex            50 vit                         100 Vit
    HP:               6k                  6.65k                         7.3k
    Crit               37%                 35%                           32%
    Accuracy:         3520                3120                          2720
    Weapon Damage(%)  500%                460%                          420%

Perhaps not a huge difference, but that 1.3K hp is rather easy to get from gear. The loss in damage crit and accuracy is almost impossible on the other hand to get from gear
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Let's Assume a 3/1/1 build then. The Average Archer at 100:
                    Pure Dex            50 vit                         100 Vit
    HP:               6k                   6.65k                          7.3k
    Crit               37%                 35%                           33%
    Accuracy:         3520                3120                           2720
    Weapon Damage(%)  500%                460%                          420%

Perhaps not a huge difference, but that 1.3K hp is rather easy to get from gear. The loss in damage crit and accuracy is almost impossible on the other hand to get from gear

If you can't feel losing 1.3k HP I doubt you'd feel losing 80% weapon damage.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    And a quarter of your crit and accuracy. My point was that the HP is MUCH easier to get back than the damage at end game.

The problem with Vit builds is in the open world they need that HP as they take more damage as they are much less likely to kill a mob before it can cause (noticeable) damage. They only time where I might miss the 1.3k HP is on the odd Snakefist BH where Snake fist isn't killed FAST ENOUGH and start hitting for close to 7k through BB. Or if Mob pulls in Delta aren't killed FAST ENOUGH and start to gang up on me.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Options
    And a quarter of your crit and accuracy. My point was that the HP is MUCH easier to get back than the damage at end game.

The problem with Vit builds is in the open world they need that HP as they take more damage as they are much less likely to kill a mob before it can cause (noticeable) damage. They only time where I might miss the 1.3k HP is on the odd Snakefist BH where Snake fist isn't killed FAST ENOUGH and start hitting for close to 7k through BB. Or if Mob pulls in Delta aren't killed FAST ENOUGH and start to gang up on me.

More HP also allows your charm more time to tick. Higher dex makes you pull aggro quicker and easier, causing you to die too. Seeing as the example you gave was with 6k HP, I highly doubt any endgame archer has 6k HP.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Your just hear to troll at this point aren't you? Sad considering some of your posts actually seem intellegent.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    More HP also allows your charm more time to tick. Higher dex makes you pull aggro quicker and easier, causing you to die too. Seeing as the example you gave was with 6k HP, I highly doubt any endgame archer has 6k HP.

Most random Archers I squad with in BH 100 have around 6k-6.5k HP.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Your just hear to troll at this point aren't you? Sad considering some of your posts actually seem intellegent.

Your point disapproved =/= trolling. I never said adding vit for R9 would be a good idea. Judging by the OP and the population of archers I'm willing to say more likely than not the OP asking for help is not going to be R9 in the next 12 months.

@Elena R8 is not endgame.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Considering your first post. . .

Perhaps R8 is not EndEnd game but by that point IMO pure Dex is the way to go. You can control aggro and if everything is going well and you HAVE HP you can take a hit or two. Willing your damage up is a lot harder than controlling it. In the R8, high APS average BH squad I don't need to control my aggro. Either I CAN tank it, or aggro is held by someone else. 6k HP R8/TT99 i enough for most instances. FFS with a charm, and/or downing pots I could solo half the BH bosses (not pretty but possible). The few (1) boss I can't you want to KILL SUPER FAST. Adding Vit would actually make it worse at that point.

Also, if your assuming R9 +12ish, doesn't that make the point of adding Dex even more futile?
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Considering your first post. . .

Perhaps R8 is not EndEnd game but by that point IMO pure Dex is the way to go. You can control aggro and if everything is going well and you HAVE HP you can take a hit or two. Willing your damage up is a lot harder than controlling it. In the R8, high APS average BH squad I don't need to control my aggro. Either I CAN tank it, or aggro is held by someone else. 6k HP R8/TT99 i enough for most instances. FFS with a charm, and/or downing pots I could solo half the BH bosses (not pretty but possible). The few (1) boss I can't you want to KILL SUPER FAST. Adding Vit would actually make it worse at that point.

Also, if your assuming R9 +12ish, doesn't that make the point of adding Dex even more futile?

b:victory

Pure dex ftw.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The only two builds that have ever been viable are pure dex and 5aps. b:bye
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Options

No it doesn't. At R9 +12 without sharding you have ~15k HP as an archer. Adding 100 vit would give you less than 10% additional HP whereas adding 100 vit to a 6k HP archer gives nearly 20% more HP. Adding dex also multiplies your already high weapon attack, so pure dex at endgame is better.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Adding Vit not Dex ><

Should probably proof read better.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Adding Vit not Dex ><

Should probably proof read better.

Yes, but nobody was arguing for adding vit if you're R9 +12. I was arguing for most archers adding some vit is probably more beneficial.

Cleared the case of 'trolling' yet?
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yes, but nobody was arguing for adding vit if you're R9 +12. I was arguing for most archers adding some vit is probably more beneficial.

Yes, but if your an Archer either you shouldn't pull aggro or you can survive without charm ticks. Relying on Vit instead of getting decent gear or learning aggro control is a very bad idea. It's akin to putting a Band-aid on a cut you need stitches for. Might seem to work now but will cause complications later.

Unless there is a point for the average archer ('pre-EndEnd' game gear) where they need Vit to get the job done?
    Cleared the case of 'trolling' yet?

Already mentioned my response earlier, not sure if it was clear