Sage or Demon

TemaIia - Raging Tide
TemaIia - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Archer
Hello Hello b:pleased

As my title says it i have been wondering to go either sage or demon alot of people say to me go demon and say cuz of the aps but i want a couple of nice reasons to make up my mind don't be biased towards demon and give me a honest replyb:thanks

Working on archer pure dex b:victory

Tema
Post edited by TemaIia - Raging Tide on

Comments

• seakur
    seakur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    inb4trolls...
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hello Hello b:pleased

As my title says it i have been wondering to go either sage or demon alot of people say to me go demon and say cuz of the aps but i want a couple of nice reasons to make up my mind don't be biased towards demon and give me a honest replyb:thanks

Working on archer pure dex b:victory

Tema

Just go sage then.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    People that give opinions will probably tell you why their cultivation choice is better. If you consider that bias, then what you need to hear are the people <89 who have way less of a grasp of culti choice giving you their pen-and-paper opinions.

If you don't want demon opinions, then why even ask for options from both sides? Just ask sage archers why they chose sage ~_~''
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    People that give opinions will probably tell you why their cultivation choice is better. If you consider that bias, then what you need to hear are the people <89 who have way less of a grasp of culti choice giving you their pen-and-paper opinions.

If you don't want demon opinions, then why even ask for options from both sides? Just ask sage archers why they chose sage ~_~''

Demon archers are all biased and evil, sage archers are all cuddley, kind and neutral. Ask sage archers why you should go demon and you'll be convinced to go to sage because demon sucks.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    All Sage archer are part of a secret conspiracy which aims to make all demon archers to disappear or change culti.

Seriously , archer benefit from both cultivations though imo if u want easier and faster PVE and PVP , demon tends to be better. Sage can be difficult if u dont have all the necessary skills. But that is just an opinion coming from a demon archer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    In a nutshell:
    Sage is better if you want a simple playstyle with slightly stronger skills and better chi management.
    Demon is better if you want maxed DPS and you don't mind handling a few microbuffs (like Quickshot's APS buff, Stun/STA's crit buff, etc.). Demon is usually the preferred culti for PVP.

If you want a longer-winded explanation, I wrote this post a while back. But you're going to get a lot of very opinionated people here. In general, just look the skills up yourself and pick the ones you like better. Don't wait for someone else to tell you what to like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Each path has it pros and cons, I'd say you should look at ecatomb and see what fits your style, because if you ask things like that here, you'll only get get biased opinions and in some cases, trolls and a nice flame war.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Level 22 archer asking if they should go sage or demon...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Level 22 archer asking if they should go sage or demon...

Asty, you're getting old. Nowadays people get to 89 within a week.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2012

I am a sage archer... and I will tell anyone demon is better. The only real way of evening the playing field is that if you can afford to be the top 1% of the spenders. For the sorry *** 99%, demon is going to be better regardless of pvp or pve. For those of us who is actually in the top 1%, cult isn't going to matter much when our +12 is doing the talking. As an archer... don't get in to the whole mind set of picking cult depending on your play style. Unless your play style is to suck balls... go demon if you don't have the cash.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • TemaIia - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    well regarding to those people I meant that I want an oppionion why would I go sage or why would i go demon but i think i got my answers and I appreciate ur times Thanks all of u b:thanksb:chuckle
  • TemaIia - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    o and regarding the level 22 it's not like I haven't played archer before. I used to play when there is no powerlvlin in this game so im starting again with friends b:bye
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Aaawww a sage vs demon thread, cant believe I missed it D:
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    Hardly a 'versus' when even the sage archer is conceding demon is superior b:chuckle
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    assassin
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Still I wonder if the balance has changed now with the new expansion skills. Since 3 of the skills take a spark sages finally have something good to spend their extra chi on (as opposed to a slow barrage and a slow spark).

The extra range buff complements sage's passive range buff nicely.

With the 3 second charm cooldown debuff maybe you won't have to rely as much on demon's higher burst dps.

The 2 leaps however are more beneficial to demons since sages have better skills for melee range.

Ehh ultimately what makes demon superior is the bonus 2% crit we get from white wings!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited February 2012
    White wings is still a better culti-choosing influence than sage's passive bow mastery damage. b:victory
  • Jarxxle - Archosaur
    Jarxxle - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    i think u should go Demon if u wont more attack power but yet agane if u wont more defence u should go for sage b:pleased
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    i think u should go Demon if u wont more attack power but yet agane if u wont more defence u should go for sage b:pleased

(")_-)
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Hahaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    a thread would form and die before I get off work lol.

More than anything related to sage and demon, go pure dex. Culti matters very little. Archers pew pew things.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Just go sage. It's what the cool archers that later reroll a sage 5 aps sin do.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
    edited February 2012
    a thread would form and die before I get off work lol.

More than anything related to sage and demon, go pure dex. Culti matters very little. Archers pew pew things.

This is not as accurate as saying that your weapon/gear matters more, but the same principle applies...somewhat, kind-of, ish.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    sagesagesage
    sagesagesage
    sagesagesage
    edited February 2012
    sagesagesage
    sagesagesage
    sagesagesage

now thats just posting for the sake of posting!

(kind of like this :3)
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Pvp I think demon all the way. I talked to a couple archers, including Asty, for days before I finally made my choice, and I was leaning heavily towards sage. In the end I'm more than happy with being demon. Stunning arrow, quickshot demon skill combo is pretty much your bread and butter for pk, and a lot of the time you can get an instant kill with crits off that combo.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784