You know you're old when...

Zanryu - Lothranis
Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
You played when there were only 6 skill slots instead of 9 on the other bar.

I'm bored and was browsing my old screenshots, found that and thought I'd make this thread so... looking back, what makes you guys feel like you've been playing this game for too long?

b:cute
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
Post edited by Zanryu - Lothranis on

Comments

• SmellyFish - Momaganon
    SmellyFish - Momaganon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Now post me one without genies b:thanks
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Funny is, playing daily since closed beta is what has kept me young. b:laugh

That, or leveling up more than 60 characters, take your pick. b:pleased
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • Jellytops - Heavens Tear
    Jellytops - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Now post me one without genies b:thanks

Just what I was thinking too b:chuckle

Probably next one will be: I have been playing for way too long, look at my screenshot, no hyper button b:surrender
    *-*-*When I wears my flashing sword and my hand takes hold on judgment. I will take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me. Oh lord, raise me to thy right hand and count me among thy saints.*-*-*
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    *Sigh.
    I miss the old interface. It looked a lot cleaner IMO. Especially the squad list. It's so bulky now, it takes up too much of the screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    *Sigh.
    I miss the old interface. It looked a lot cleaner IMO. Especially the squad list. It's so bulky now, it takes up too much of the screen.

^THIS^

And call me old fashion, but I liked the old icons better too. Sure, they could seem a little outdatet, but I still liked them. Both the icons for different classes, and the ones that you see at the bottom right of the screen.

There have been added too many buttons, and they all seem so modern. Stop doing this, and spend time on bug fixing instead b:victory
    *-*-*When I wears my flashing sword and my hand takes hold on judgment. I will take vengeance upon mine enemies and I will repay those who hate me. Oh lord, raise me to thy right hand and count me among thy saints.*-*-*
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited February 2012

JUST BEAUTIFUL! I MISS THE OLD MORE PERFECT WORLD! b:victoryb:victoryb:victory

PS: You look ok too Escorian.
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    JUST BEAUTIFUL! I MISS THE OLD MORE PERFECT WORLD! b:victoryb:victoryb:victory

PS: You look ok too Escorian.

b:laugh lol ty and if you notice I was fist even way back when, you know when it was "fail" to be fist. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited February 2012
    edited February 2012
    People said the tideborns and earthguards, would ruin the game when they came.

And they were 100% correct. This game is way less fun now, then how it was before .... hit the fan. b:cry

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Oh yeah Gamma days were awesome... back when everyone leveled in gamma instead of fc and had to learn to play their class and learn apoc and genie skills. b:chuckle

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2009-08-1900-59-51.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Riverwell - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    b:laugh lol ty and if you notice I was fist even way back when, you know when it was "fail" to be fist. b:victory

XD
    I was actually thinking this.

And spirit charms were actually a thing. I remember on my very first cleric people advising me to get a spirit charm because it was cheaper then pots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    How about 80v80 territory wars with hh60/70 weapons, less than 4k hp, and only the biggest cash shoppers could afford gold hp charms? b:surrender

I have a TW from Oct '08 but I was so noob at making videos that I *recorded* in low res b:cry
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    How about 80v80 territory wars with hh60/70 weapons, less than 4k hp, and only the biggest cash shoppers could afford gold hp charms? b:surrender

I have a TW from Oct '08 but I was so noob at making videos that I *recorded* in low res b:cry

It says the '08 video contained "malformed video ID"

I started PW right after Sanctuary opened up, and even a couple months in, I remember when good TW guilds were recruiting 50+ all classes 40+ clerics. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
  • Transcend - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    It says the '08 video contained "malformed video ID"

I started PW right after Sanctuary opened up, and even a couple months in, I remember when good TW guilds were recruiting 50+ all classes 40+ clerics. :P

Oops, fixed!
    youtube.com/transcendpw

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Oops, fixed!

sry i was clicking Riverwells quote, my bad.

• Transcend - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    nope (i use the new HTML5 youtube) b:surrender

I fixed it in my original post, which works for me :( But in any case, it's the very first/earliest upload I have on my account :)
    youtube.com/transcendpw

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    both vids working for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

edited February 2012
    I fixed it in my original post, which works for me :( But in any case, it's the very first/earliest upload I have on my account :)

What music is this: Perfect World International UnLimited vs Vengeance TW ?

edited February 2012
    Also remember when you actually didn't see how much hp the mobs had, so you went on trying to take a mob/boss before you could see that you actually needed a whole squad to kill it (yes, we actually needed whole squads in the early days).
  • Transcend - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    What music is this: Perfect World International UnLimited vs Vengeance TW ?

1) Sied Van Riel & Claudia Cazacu - Contrasts
    2) Ali Wilson - Shakedown
    youtube.com/transcendpw

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathrider35
    deathrider35 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Is that West Arch?
    There are like no catshops b:shocked
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Is that West Arch?
    There are like no catshops b:shocked

lol yeah back in the day everyone had catshops in the starter cities. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Epic vid. So many memorable names, many of whom rpk'd me when I was a noob. That's kinda the LC I fell in love with and aspired to be.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I really miss those times when people weren't so focused on their gear but rather on playing and enjoying the game b:surrender

I kinda miss the old interface,too. I quite like the current one but it's very annoying since it's either too big or too small for my screen and it's much too generic. Old PWI interface had that.. certain feeling to it D:

..or is it just me?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I really miss those times when people weren't so focused on their gear but rather on playing and enjoying the game b:surrender

I kinda miss the old interface,too. I quite like the current one but it's very annoying since it's either too big or too small for my screen and it's much too generic. Old PWI interface had that.. certain feeling to it D:

..or is it just me?

I like the old interface better as well. And I hate the new class icons. GUI doesn't need to look pretty, it needs to be functional and some of that utilitarian simplicity was destroyed when they went to make everything look pretty.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Oh yeah Gamma days were awesome... back when everyone leveled in gamma instead of fc and had to learn to play their class and learn apoc and genie skills. b:chuckle

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2009-08-1900-59-51.jpg

Don't you mean zhen parties? Gamma wasn't really popular back then from what I remember. In fact, I don't think many people even knew how to run them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    b:chuckle this was so long ago its not even funny
    http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/Zippyser/2008-10-0422-57-21.jpg

Further back I didn't know how to hide UI at level 20.......back around September 26 or 27 I think of 08
    http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/Zippyser/2008-09-2706-31-38.jpg

Flying was ******** man pure win :3 and actually something that mattered cause most of the population couldn't do it yet xD
    http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/Zippyser/2008-09-2808-07-07.jpg

But you want to know what really makes me feel like and oldie?
    This one http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/Zippyser/GUIDE2.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Yesterday, I wanted to do my 202020 for my tabs for fb69 on my wizard. People were like "WTF NO ONE DOES 20x3 ANYMORE!!!" And someone actually pm'd me asking why she only had 1 tab for fb69 and that she was 71. I told her she had to do 20x3 for it and she was like REALLY? UGH.

Then I met up with her in an fc heads squad. I facepalmd. b:sweat

It has nothing to do with the topic but I had to share!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You played when there were only 6 skill slots instead of 9 on the other bar.

I'm bored and was browsing my old screenshots, found that and thought I'd make this thread so... looking back, what makes you guys feel like you've been playing this game for too long?

b:cute

When Zanryu is actually old enough to listen to b:dirty stories I've written now. LMAO
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]