☆☆Glaive of the King: Eon

Options
Faithlezz - Lost City
Faithlezz - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Blademaster
Rank 8 recast poleblade - which addon is better?

God of Frenzy: Infuses the wielder with divine fury! Has a higher chance
to deal double damage. Costs 5% Max HP.

or

Spirit Blackhole: Has a higher chance to dispel target's positive effect.
Post edited by Faithlezz - Lost City on

Comments

• X - Lothranis
    X - Lothranis Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Id personally go with Spirit Blackhole
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    GoF allows the damage to come closer to the r9 axe (Though w/o the +30 attack lvls it isn't near it), and the Spirit Blackhole lets you have a chance at purging people...

I personally prefer the GoF for insane crits :>
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Spirit Blackhole.

Your pole isn't a weapon you're really gonna use for damage so GoF isn't needed, with Spirit Blackhole you can purge a buffed opponent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Faithlezz - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Rank 9 axes and warsoul weapons is the best.
    But which other weapon can be used to pvp (becouse Pw wants destroy aps)?
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Spirit blackhole is best. That's a skill unique to only the R8 recast pole or R9/NV/R8 Recast bow for archers. The only exception would be if you managed to get 300 dex and got a NV bow, but then you can't really AoE and your build would be messed up, so it's still junk. Purge is a very deadly skill in mass PvP, especially when most R9 can 1-2 shot each other if the other gets purged and HFed.

Leave the GoF for the R9 axes; poles are only second best when it comes to DPH output.

But I'm gonna say this to what I tell everyone who considers a build other than R9; if you're gonna dump hundreds of millions for a build/re-rolling just to be different, get the R9 axe first. End game mass PvP revolves around R9 axes being the primary weapon. Any other weapons are a secondary (except possibly in 1v1) when facing R9 opponents. In short; don't bother with a secondary PvP weapon until you have gotten your primary PvP weapon.

Get a PvE weapon +10 if it helps you farm, but recognize that PWI's pretty limited in viable end game PvP options... Get R9 while it's cheaper. 1.3M gold compared to 1.7M gold when I farmed/merched my R9.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    purge would be more useful, if you just wanted damage you can always switch to axes.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Spirit blackhole is best. That's a skill unique to only the R8 recast pole or R9/NV/R8 Recast bow for archers. The only exception would be if you managed to get 300 dex and got a NV bow, but then you can't really AoE and your build would be messed up, so it's still junk. Purge is a very deadly skill in mass PvP, especially when most R9 can 1-2 shot each other if the other gets purged and HFed.

Leave the GoF for the R9 axes; poles are only second best when it comes to DPH output.

But I'm gonna say this to what I tell everyone who considers a build other than R9; if you're gonna dump hundreds of millions for a build/re-rolling just to be different, get the R9 axe first. End game mass PvP revolves around R9 axes being the primary weapon. Any other weapons are a secondary (except possibly in 1v1) when facing R9 opponents. In short; don't bother with a secondary PvP weapon until you have gotten your primary PvP weapon.

Get a PvE weapon +10 if it helps you farm, but recognize that PWI's pretty limited in viable end game PvP options... Get R9 while it's cheaper. 1.3M gold compared to 1.7M gold when I farmed/merched my R9.

Purge is also on the polehammer for r8 reforged barbs.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Calvin - Lost City
    Calvin - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    too much to read

what he wanna say is u use pole for purging purpose mostly, say get spirit blackhole to increase your chance to purge others and make it more useful. GoF=damage output, this is for axe.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    what he wanna say is u use pole for purging purpose mostly, say get spirit blackhole to increase your chance to purge others and make it more useful. GoF=damage output, this is for axe.

b:cuteb:cuteb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Faithlezz - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    How about r8 recast poleaxe with GoF? R9 axes cost dam alot.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Purge is also on the polehammer for r8 reforged barbs.

Oh hmm, I guess I missed that one. I never really looked into barbs as much since they have that clean sweep 100 skill lol, but I suppose then that could be a secondary/third weapon after R9 poleaxe for barbs.
    How about r8 recast poleaxe with GoF? R9 axes cost dam alot.

That's like no different than getting a Nirvana Axe with no attack level. It's not worth getting a bound weapon that's going to cost ~75% as much as R9 including re-rolling for only ~50% of the damage output, or as low as ~25% of the output of the full R9 having 60 attack levels.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If you still have a choice about the weapon, I'd get the axe. Either way you want the purge proc. Axes have better AOE's than poles, so use the purge axe till you get a few procs and then switch to R9 axes to finish.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32267
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If you still have a choice about the weapon, I'd get the axe. Either way you want the purge proc. Axes have better AOE's than poles, so use the purge axe till you get a few procs and then switch to R9 axes to finish.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32267

Zan prefers the R8 recast fists b:dirty
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    Revenge - Raging Tide Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Zan prefers the R8 recast fists b:dirty

Rev has teh r8 recast fists b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spell_Caster: "+1 Revenge or should I say...Nuff_Said?

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Rev has teh r8 recast fists b:surrender

I'll be getting them later on b:sad

That and R9 axes b:dirty
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'll be getting them later on b:sad

That and R9 axes b:dirty

my stats arent good yet, 18 def lvls, 9 mag and 16 dex (16 def lvl and 2 def lvls) so ima still be workin on them a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I troll worse than a blonde... and for your information, blondes are pro trolls."
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    my stats arent good yet, 18 def lvls, 9 mag and 16 dex (16 def lvl and 2 def lvls) so ima still be workin on them a bit.

Go go, as long as I can manage Attack Levels and -.05 int I'll be content, any other good adds will just be icing on the cake. I guess defense levels wouldn't hurt.. but I'd prefer attackb:dirty
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Go go, as long as I can manage Attack Levels and -.05 int I'll be content, any other good adds will just be icing on the cake. I guess defense levels wouldn't hurt.. but I'd prefer attackb:dirty

same as what im aiming for lol. but im a lazy bm who doesnt farm as much as he should so, its gonna take a bit. but the fists look badass o.o

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/Cloud592/2012-02-0318-12-45.jpg b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    same as what im aiming for lol. but im a lazy bm who doesnt farm as much as he should so, its gonna take a bit. but the fists look badass o.o

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/Cloud592/2012-02-0318-12-45.jpg b:shocked

I must have them. b:dirty
  • Revenge - Raging Tide
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I must have them. b:dirty

ikr? sexy lookin fists i must say
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ikr? sexy lookin fists i must say

I may just have to go for those first, instead of the armor first like I was planning... b:dirty
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    In a situation of mass pvp...obviously say tw, is a bm really going to kill anyone with the only piece being a rank 9 axe? I for sure never intend to get the rank 9 armors. So wouldn't it be more helpfull to just get purge or square formation on the recast 8 axes to assist kill in tw?
    Out of purge an square formation which is better for axes in tw?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    In a situation of mass pvp...obviously say tw, is a bm really going to kill anyone with the only piece being a rank 9 axe? I for sure never intend to get the rank 9 armors. So wouldn't it be more helpfull to just get purge or square formation on the recast 8 axes to assist kill in tw?
    Out of purge an square formation which is better for axes in tw?

I'd think Spirit Blackhole, your job as a BM is to support your squad and faction so they can kill, and nothing's easier to kill than someone that's purged. Square formation is pretty nice, but if you're in a position where you can AoE long enough to get it to proc a few times once your Irongaurd's done then it's probably not needed in the first place.

Spirit Blackhole will make targets easier to kill, Square Formation just does what you already do, which is stun them (Freeze+Seal) for a shorter duration (I'm honestly not sure how long, but it's 3 or 4 seconds right?). Personally I'd go with the purging ability.