What's wrong with newbie these days?

Options
m0rpheus2014
m0rpheus2014 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Several problems I had when helping new people in HT:

- Help a barb with some of his opening quest, then he ask for free pet. Few hours later he claim to have millions of coins and admitting hacking his account. The next day he got banned and somehow managed to return to game. He also ask me whether he can buy one of my alt which I promptly said its against TOS which silenced him. Instead of questing and lvlng, he keep asking other people for coins and account to trade.

- Found a newbie veno in Land of Burning (lvl 80+ area) spamming friend and squad invite until mobs silenced her.

- A newbie BM in TT entrance asking for plvl in TT. I told him to go to FC, but he insisted that he want to plvl and farm in TT.

- Another newbie BM in nightscream island ask my help to farm oblivion soup which he said need it for quest. I ask her if she have an alt, she say its for her quest.

I like helping newbie, but these days they are just frustating.
Post edited by m0rpheus2014 on

Comments

• Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

- Help a barb with some of his opening quest, then he ask for free pet. Few hours later he claim to have millions of coins and admitting hacking his account. The next day he got banned and somehow managed to return to game. He also ask me whether he can buy one of my alt which I promptly said its against TOS which silenced him. Instead of questing and lvlng, he keep asking other people for coins and account to trade.

- Found a newbie veno in Land of Burning (lvl 80+ area) spamming friend and squad invite until mobs silenced her.

- A newbie BM in TT entrance asking for plvl in TT. I told him to go to FC, but he insisted that he want to plvl and farm in TT.

- Another newbie BM in nightscream island ask my help to farm oblivion soup which he said need it for quest. I ask her if she have an alt, she say its for her quest.

lol wow..the only quest that i could think of that could "require" oblivion soups would be one from DQ guy..That's all..

Ya well what happens is that some high level preach to a lot of newbies that "Beeing 100+ is sooo cool and that if ur not it u'll be a noob for life" So some people get no clue, put just enough in to get powerleveled then wonder why they aren't as strong as they expected when they can't get proper gear anything over +2-3.

So it's a kinda mentality that high levels "drill" in the heads of every "noobs".. "Cheat ur way into the game by any means, but get to 100+ ASAP, don't get care if u get bored after at least either u'll have made someone richer in the process or learn to be a good cheater/begger (u name it)"

Sad isn't it ?
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Pensil - Harshlands
    Pensil - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Those are not newbies. They probably have high level alts, and they are just bored. Or they are trying to get coins so they can buy good gear for their high level alts.

Few days ago there was a 30-something level that seemed ok at the first, needed some help with quests. And one day, she (it was female character) start usual talk, asking how i am and stuff. She asks if I have any mounts, I say have I have 2, but I use only one. Then she asks me if she can have that one mount, cause she is poor, and doesn't have money to buy one.

But, she was stupid enough not to look around herself while typing that. She was on a mount, that big tiger mount and had full set of fashion on her. When I told her I see her, and that she has a mount and fashion her response was... "oh yeah, I forgot about this mount".

Now, I don't even have will to help low levels do their quests. I help only BH's now.
    There was also one Seeker, also near level 30, that needed help with mobs in BH39. I started helping her, then she went AFK, didn't tell me, she just put herself on follow, and of course she got stuck. So I was trying to be nice, i lured all the mobs and went back to place where she got stuck, then kill all those mobs. I had to do that several times, cause she got stuck at the beginning. And when I was finally done, she got back i just told me "Sorry, gotta go"... and left squad b:shocked
    Not even a simple thanks.
  • doitwell
    doitwell Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I partly disagee. Think, this does not depend on the level but the person himself. Impudence is not a PW skill. All people pick their own way to level.

But, yes, what you say, does make sense. I used to help a lot of people who had low level charcters and later most of them stopped appreciating it and started taking it for granted. So now on if I ever help someone I do help my friends' faction and random people - pretty rare.
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Newbies don't know about TT/FCC/pets.
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Just a few hours ago I was flying over etherblade and got a random invite from someone asking for money and help with killing cactopods. There are still signs of new life forms lol.
  • m0rpheus2014
    m0rpheus2014 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm starting to think the low lvl newbies are just lazy. Good luck lvlng at lvl 90+ when u failed at lvlng 1-20.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Newbies don't know about TT/FCC/pets.

If they've read forums, or watched the world chats they do.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Also, sounds pretty noobish to me all around. I've seen nooby characters run and spam invites, and beg for coin. I tell them to kill things, farm, and sell the drops.

I find it even funnier when they ask for a FEW mil. (My characters name is SerenityCNB, not SerenityATM). I tell them that my character has no money to spare, and is poor. They never believe me though. Lol.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Lol, What is wrong with them is that, none of them were really Newbies...b:chuckle

True Newbies! Would have no clue about those things!!!!!!!!b:laughb:laughb:dirty
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    That mean true newbie are extinct ? b:sin Only cash shop power level newbie exist ? b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I had about 160 player in Hartland on RT and reciently had to dump over 100 from being inactive and forgotton alts from who knows where. Thought we had a thriving faction and turns out its very few people. Hopefully can get it back up again. It is agrivating. I dont mind alts, I got alot of them. But be active with them pls

b:bye
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You appear to be confusing newbs with noobs here.

What you are describing are noobs.

Newbies are new and inexperienced with the game, they are 'Oh I didn't know that' and learn when they are corrected. Noobs are people who know the game but are stupid and insist they are right when they are clearly wrong.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Also, sounds pretty noobish to me all around. I've seen nooby characters run and spam invites, and beg for coin. I tell them to kill things, farm, and sell the drops.

I find it even funnier when they ask for a FEW mil. (My characters name is SerenityCNB, not SerenityATM). I tell them that my character has no money to spare, and is poor. They never believe me though. Lol.

You only have one free thing for them: advice. It's happening in DW too.

Newbies are new and inexperienced with the game, they are 'Oh I didn't know that' and learn when they are corrected. Noobs are people who know the game but are stupid and insist they are right when they are clearly wrong.

Very, very true.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i have same experience just like u guys. a low level ppl ask help and in several hours asking me coin etc. etc. But 1 time i met a new player like lvl 50+. she try ask help in west to kill boss in 51 for her fb. i was see her ask help in west while in catshop. 30 minute after, she till looks for help. so i help her. She add me on her FL, i was afraid that she gonna annoy me. but she was look nice, so i accept. several days later she pm me and ask help to do her quest in TT 1-1. i said i was busy cause i am busy at that time. She reply: k thanks for reply. several hours later, i saw her trying to form squad to do tt1-1 for quest. so i pm her that i can help her at that time.

i admire her cause when ppl busy power leveling by buying heads, she do the old school way that is doing quest. she never pm me asking for money or pm me ask me help all the time. She just pm me when she need help cause she cant do it alone. a new player like her is very rare these days
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Let me introduce you to my Newb tree.

Newb - Someone who is new to the game / server. These people are ignorant of the logistics and mechanics of the game, and can lack the expected social etiquette at times. The described player is generally willing to learn.
    Everyone was a newb once.

Noob - Someone who is unwilling to learn, and behaves dumbly because they lack the intelligence to socialize properly, the maturity to learn, or are simply ****. Noobs generally get extremely upset over being beaten and can not admit that they are bad at the game. Often they will accuse the skilled people of hacking.

Nub - Someone who is not new, and has been given ample time and opportunities to learn but simply chooses not to. These people persistently make poor decisions. They uses cheap tactics to advance in the game. Usually uncooperative and often give attitude. Commonly, the described nub is aware of their nubiness.

Nab - a Nub who thinks themselves pro.
  • _Shakez_ - Lost City
    _Shakez_ - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i have same experience just like u guys. a low level ppl ask help and in several hours asking me coin etc. etc. But 1 time i met a new player like lvl 50+. she try ask help in west to kill boss in 51 for her fb. i was see her ask help in west while in catshop. 30 minute after, she till looks for help. so i help her. She add me on her FL, i was afraid that she gonna annoy me. but she was look nice, so i accept. several days later she pm me and ask help to do her quest in TT 1-1. i said i was busy cause i am busy at that time. She reply: k thanks for reply. several hours later, i saw her trying to form squad to do tt1-1 for quest. so i pm her that i can help her at that time.

i admire her cause when ppl busy power leveling by buying heads, she do the old school way that is doing quest. she never pm me asking for money or pm me ask me help all the time. She just pm me when she need help cause she cant do it alone. a new player like her is very rare these days

Thank you for showing that players like me and the girl you were talking about are still around.......just not seen that much these days XD
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I took 3 years to level myself from 1 to 100.

But, when I got to 100, I got my BM, Barb, Sin, and Archer there all at about the same time.

I probably know more about this game than most people who pleveled.

Of course, Asty knows more about this game than any of the PWE employees, so... It's all relative.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

You do realize there are quests that need DQ items right. True few need high or mid lvl dq items like soup, but if they are actually doing Dragon's Quest to get Dragon Orders then they might need help farming soup for a quest lol. I remember when I did Dragon Quests for orders I stoped because every single time it asked for the same DQ item which was the rarest of that lvl b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.