my pc purchase question

Options
Torva_Avune - Archosaur
Torva_Avune - Archosaur Posts: 143 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
ok,seeing as one guy asked something bout pc,figure i might as well ask,

here is the pc i ordered from walmart

Featuring the AMD's latest "bulldozer" FX-4100 quad-core processor, the CyberpowerPC Black Gamer Ultra Gua250 Desktop PC is a versatile device for performing multiple tasks, especially all heavy tasks. Also being ideal for multimedia performance, this CyberpowerPC gamer desktop has certain preloaded software such as Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit edition, Microsoft Office Starter 2010 and various data backup and restore software. Described to be a 1tb hard drive desktop computer, the 1TB SATA drive can be used to store roughly about 666,000 images, 285,000 songs and continuous 526 hours of HD video watching and gaming. This is an AMD quad core processor desktop with features that include 3.60GHz, 4MB L2 Cache and 10/100/1000base- T Ethernet.

CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA250 Desktop PC:
AMD Quad-Core FX-4100 processor - 3.60GHz, 4MB L2 Cache
8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory - Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
1TB SATA hard drive - Store 666,000 photos, 285,000 songs or 526 hours of HD video and more
24x DVD+/-R/RW drive - Watch movies, and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats
10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet - Connect to a broadband modem or wired broadband router with wired Ethernet
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 Graphics - With 1GB video memory, DVI, HDMI and VGA capabilities

i hope to be able to play pwi with max settings on it :D will it work you think?
Post edited by Torva_Avune - Archosaur on

Comments

• Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    /inb4 Bubbles b:laugh
    You could have asked in the other thread.
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I use a Celeron 2.2 1 Gig of Ram and PWI runs just fine.

You might have problems with yours cause it is not as Leet as my setup. b:thanks
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Torva_Avune - Archosaur
    edited February 2012
    Options
    >.> mine would be at that point a 3.6 ghz with 8 gigabytes of ram o.o and thats a wee bit far above the reccomended settings for pwi

(also running just fine aint the point,i want maximum settings,the comp im on now is 1.8 ghz and 2 gigabytes of ram)
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

You might have problems with yours cause it is not as Leet as my setup. b:thanks

Yeah... what they said... You might have some troubles running pwi.

For example, you only have 1 GB on your graphics card. That is so 2005. You should have at least 4gb on it to meet minimum standards.
    Only 8 gigs of ram? What is this, 1995?
    You need at least 32 gb to run ANYTHING these days.

And man that hdd... just a 1 tb... You might be able to save a few pictures and movies on it.

Sorry to say, your rig is outdated.
    I hope you didn't spend more than 300 dollars on it.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i appreciate the sarcastic deadpan but i want a literal answer here

its a question not comedy central channel on tv o.o

(also,logically considering that most pc with 32 gb of ram cost around 20k usd to buy,the average consumer would not be able to afford,and also considering that a pc game needs to effect alot of people to make money,which is the objective,i do beleive your joke must be sarcastic sir,and to add,unless you consider banks of supercomputers used by the united states government in 1995,no,there was not a single comp with 8 gigs of memorys in 1995))
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

You should except all kind of answers,this a game's forum played mostly by teenagers,not a Computer forum ;o
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lol,yeah i get it...i just hoped for some advice rather than faceplanting the keyboard at the magic 8 ball nature of google search

while were at it,anyone got one of those gif picks of a stick figure faceplanting a keyboard?
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options

(also,logically considering that most pc with 32 gb of ram cost around 20k usd to buy,the average consumer would not be able to afford,and also considering that a pc game needs to effect alot of people to make money,which is the objective,i do beleive your joke must be sarcastic sir,and to add,unless you consider banks of supercomputers used by the united states government in 1995,no,there was not a single comp with 8 gigs of memorys in 1995))

Touchy touchy there, are we? b:laugh

Also, 32 gb is not 20k dollars... Not even 1k dollars...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options
    could you please calm down for a moment and give me a leggible answer?

(pro tip: if you notice empty energy drink can stacks collapsing when you move,you might know why youve been on the computer for that many hours straight XD,thats actually happened to me once)

also,if what you said is true,give me a link to a desktop computer with 32 gb of ram and a videocard to match the expense
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    He/She gave you an answer, you just didn't like it.
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Paikea_ - Archosaur
    Paikea_ - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Touchy touchy there, are we? b:laugh

Also, 32 gb is not 20k dollars... Not even 1k dollars...

dont take it personal thats just how this person is b:chuckle b:bye
    main:
    Paikea_ 10x demon archer

alts:
    Hydrophilic 10x demon sin
    Paiikea 9x demon cleric
    Esete 9x sage veno
    edited February 2012
    Options
    hmmm,mostly getting results for servers on google search,but i think i was wrong on the price tag,(possibly shopping for comps on ebay was a bad idea)
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options
    also,if what you said is true,give me a link to a desktop computer with 32 gb of ram and a videocard to match the expense

By itself the 32 gb is couple hundred.
    A rig with 32gig is about 2.5k.

Also, look at your graphics card.
    Looook.

You'll probably get like 20-30 fps average on mid settings.
    Gl on high settings.
    Much less in crowded areas like west arch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    No
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 - will make you have graphical lag at max settings
    however, you could buy another one to if it supports crossfire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
    edited February 2012
    Options
    phew,thank you..took me awhile but i got the answer,mid settings you say?i get around 9 to 13 fps as it is usually with the comp im on now (dif from the comp i ordered)
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options
    phew,thank you..took me awhile but i got the answer,mid settings you say?i get around 9 to 13 fps as it is usually with the comp im on now (dif from the comp i ordered)

mid settings w/ water on low

I used to have a GeForce 7600 GT (like 3 years ago, came with computer). Seems to be similar to yours, maybe bit less advanced but it's higher ranked but not by much.

You'd be better off getting a better graphics card.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options
    which card is the best the pc i ordered will handle you think?
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options
    which card is the best the pc i ordered will handle you think?

omg that sentence structure b:cry

and the best card is whatever is high on the list i posted above
    it all depends on your budget
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options
    eh,what can i say,my english is like a patchwork of carpet remnants

XD while im at it do you think i can get a videocard that emits radiation as a byproduct of its intensity?

(on a side note,how do i update the char lvl showed in the avatar pic?my cleric is lvl 66 now)
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Why would you even need to max out the graphics on this game anyway? Even on max this game is not that good looking imo.
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Currently my PC looks like ths.
    MS Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
    AMB Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, 3.4GB RAM (pretty sure that needs updated since my brother just installed 4GB of RAM plus the other two "chips?") and a NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 graphic card.
    I can run on max settings in non crowded areas up to South Arch. In W Arch I usually have everything turned down but water and textures but it's not laggy at all but I have yet to try it on max settings because I honestly don't care about the look of the grass, trees, plants, clouds, etc. Well anyway, the only time I lag is when there's server lag.
    I don't really know much about computers except how it works when I use it. On my old computer, if I wanted to alt tab out of the game to get on the internet... well, I wouldn't. I had to either close PWi and wait a few minutes or restart the computer. This one alt tabs like it's nothing. I can actually read the forums when I'm waiting in BH or whatever. The graphics... meh. They don't really look different than my old computer's graphics, maybe a bit crisper?

Like Bubbles said, you might want more RAM than I do, but really, this computer is only used for three things: Internet, Sims 2 and PWI, this computer runs everything smoothly. TBH, unless you're doing something insane like video editing, 4GB of RAM is plenty to run this game, but it's not gonna be that smooth but still comfortable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ah,thanks aji..thats pretty much what i wanted to know
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options

Like Bubbles said, you might want more RAM than I do, but really, this computer is only used for three things: Internet, Sims 2 and PWI, this computer runs everything smoothly. TBH, unless you're doing something insane like video editing, 4GB of RAM is plenty to run this game, but it's not gonna be that smooth but still comfortable.

Unless you're doing high intense projects such as model editing or picture or just stuff that takes up a lot of computer resources (not gaming), you really don't need beyond 6 gb ram.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    4gb of ram and buy an 8800GT or equivalent card (GTX260) will run this game at max settings just fine.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Jesus people. I used to multiclient this game on my netbook with only 2gb ram and an atom single core processor. The only limitation was the graphics. Focus more on your graphics processor rather than anything else. What some of you people are talking about is insane. 32GB ram for this game client? WTF?? You can run 2 PW servers with every instance online with that kind of RAM .

BTW, if you think getting the best of the best high end PC is going to solve lag issues you better think again. It won't.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Jesus people. I used to multiclient this game on my netbook with only 2gb ram and an atom single core processor. The only limitation was the graphics. Focus more on your graphics processor rather than anything else. What some of you people are talking about is insane. 32GB ram for this game client? WTF?? You can run 2 PW servers with every instance online with that kind of RAM .

BTW, if you think getting the best of the best high end PC is going to solve lag issues you better think again. It won't.

Looks like someone didn't read the thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Celeron leet? I smell sarcasm.

And yes that laptop can handle max settings. Might have to turn it down a bit in TW though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yes. You can run max settings on it.

You can probably multiclient max settings too with like 60FPS.

Seriously what's with all these PC spec threads? PWI is not graphics intensive at all.

If you have a 2+ Ghz processor (probably even single core), and like 256MB graphics card, 2GB ram, you'll be able to run PWI max settings unless you have **** running in the background.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Sunaro - Lost City
    Sunaro - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    First, I have to say, you should have waited until the second generation of FX processors came out, they're going to be so much more streamlined than first gen. Personally, I'm sticking with my Phenom II X6 until then.

In regards to your question, if you want good graphics performance at max settings, you might want to consider a slightly better graphics card. You should be able to run PW on medium-high settings at a decent FPS.
    Zektera - Blademaster
    Djeserit - Assassin
    TranquilSoul - Barbarian
    Torsti - Cleric
    Heartbourne - Seeker