Nerfing Sins

Options
SinArkan - Lost City
SinArkan - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
So, With this new expansions sins are going to get nerfed, they will be useless to pvp (what they were created for), they wont be able to kill mages, seekers, venos or barbs and every other class will just laugh bout sins, my question is now that sins are nerfed wich class will be Op Archers that will get stealth and they have so much dmg or barb that they will get extra life or something i think or wich class? (sorry for my bad english I apologise)
Post edited by SinArkan - Lost City on

Comments

• LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'd say don't jump the gun, that is all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If an overplayed/overpowered class gets nerfed so everyone and their mom stops playing them then I am all for it. Bring some variety back into the game.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So, With this new expansions sins are going to get nerfed, they will be useless to pvp (what they were created for), they wont be able to kill mages, seekers, venos or barbs and every other class will just laugh bout sins, my question is now that sins are nerfed wich class will be Op Archers that will get stealth and they have so much dmg or barb that they will get extra life or something i think or wich class? (sorry for my bad english I apologise)

You still have stealth, every disable skill out there, tidal protection that grants resistances to most of a mages disabling moves, maze steps to resist disabling moves, 2 speed skills, force stealth, insane chi gain, 2 teleports, and an overall advantage.

They will be able to kill just about everything out there. I have to say that I find this ironic, since the ones that got nerfed the worse were venos with the loss of their bramble to prevent against being aps'ed to death. Bramble is one of their main defenses, and they don't get to use it...yet psy's get to use theirs which has a similiar effect. Really not fair.

Don't worry. Your sin will be find. Even if it is nerfed, which is doubtful, you have little to worry about. Your class is still insanely OP.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Classes will be balanced, i dont think there will be any baklance at all if sins become useless.
    And i hope they wont mess it again and make another op class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

They will be able to kill just about everything out there. I have to say that I find this ironic, since the ones that got nerfed the worse were venos with the loss of their bramble to prevent against being aps'ed to death. Bramble is one of their main defenses, and they don't get to use it...yet psy's get to use theirs which has a similiar effect. Really not fair.

Wait, what?
    Bramble never worked right in the first place... Not sure why you're calling it a nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    Reaperarm - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The R9 class will be the OP class. b:chuckle
    If you find yourself hopelessly pulled towards running into massive amounts of mobs in a vain attempt to aoe them all to death.......You just might be a bm.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    zomagawdzors- sins might have to use skillz to kill...
    re
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Archers stealth has serious drawbacks, such as practically no movement and everything knocks you out of stealth, in my opinions assassins have always been OP not because of stealth but because of what they can do in stealth without being knocked out;

1 spark
    2 spark
    Wind Shell
    Frenzy
    Belief
    Absolute Domain
    Most other genie skills, just top 4 are worth the most
    Buff skills
    Dash skills
    Apoc pills such as Anti stun + Ironguard

im sure there's a lot more but that's the main ones, all can be done in stealth without the person even knowing.

Assassins and Psychics will still be dominant pk classes with Archers finally getting a needed PvP boost, lets just hope this "Balances to existing skills" isnt nurfing the sin stealth! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Xiac - Archosaur
    Xiac - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Lol I find it hilarious that someone from the one class that should get a nerf to even the playing field for pvp probably won't get any nerf if slightly, most likely concerned that they won't be the *easy button* class anymore. b:shutup
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    U mad bro? There isn't PvP class so good thing they will redo some of their stuff. Everyone can make Assassin everyone can be a **** in PvP
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Lol I find it hilarious that someone from the one class that should get a nerf to even the playing field for pvp probably won't get any nerf if slightly, most likely concerned that they won't be the *easy button* class anymore. b:shutup

Ehhhh the typical food chain shouldn't change that much in world PvP, maybe see more Hit-and-Run Tempest clerics, but in terms of TW its going to be a real game changer, Archers are going to be much more CC based and dangerous, Psychics will be rolling face in black voodoo much safer, people killing cata barbs will have to make sure 100% all support is dead before targeting them or else there getting locked down, seekers gonna be **** with enemy positions (cata barb into guard towers anyone? ;D) and mystics will be much more support based.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • Xiac - Archosaur
    Xiac - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ehhhh the typical food chain shouldn't change that much in world PvP, maybe see more Hit-and-Run Tempest clerics, but in terms of TW its going to be a real game changer, Archers are going to be much more CC based and dangerous, Psychics will be rolling face in black voodoo much safer, people killing cata barbs will have to make sure 100% all support is dead before targeting them or else there getting locked down, seekers gonna be **** with enemy positions (cata barb into guard towers anyone? ;D) and mystics will be much more support based.

True and I'm all for a little ruffling of feathers so to speak b:chuckle, but once all the cards are on the table and we see what comes of these new skills and how people react to new play styles I think it will put some new life into the game if not only for a short while until the *gimmick* that some of these skills sound like they are wares off.

-goes to re-roll an Archer- b:laugh
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Cry me a river.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TJTLegend - Archosaur
    TJTLegend - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    +1.............................
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Nerfing sins would be wonderful. It is an ideal that many of us have dreamed of for years. Therefore, I estimate there's probably a 99.9% chance that assassins are completely safe from such nerfs.
  • warcrafte
    warcrafte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    nurfing sins in pvp isn't such a fair idea a sin is made 2 pvp he sucks in massive pvp and is better than most classes in 1v1 .howerver they r very squishy and can easily be 1 shotted by making archers stealth and mages immuned 2 aps and barbs getting domage boost on every hit and many other anti-sin skills would actually destroy the class ...
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

{NERFING} the Sins, Doesn't mean {CaStRaTiNg} them, atleast it Better not!! I'm sure We'll Live......b:thanks

A~3 Sin's on 3 Different Servers~User....b:victory
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Are you serious?
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    warcrafte wrote: »
    nurfing sins in pvp isn't such a fair idea a sin is made 2 pvp he sucks in massive pvp and is better than most classes in 1v1 .howerver they r very squishy and can easily be 1 shotted by making archers stealth and mages immuned 2 aps and barbs getting domage boost on every hit and many other anti-sin skills would actually destroy the class ...

...when trying to prove that assassins do not need nerfs, why do people make claims of assassins being an easy one-shot class when they are the only class with a buff designed SPECIFICALLY NOT TO BE ONE SHOTTED?
  • SinArkan - Lost City
    SinArkan - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ...when trying to prove that assassins do not need nerfs, why do people make claims of assassins being an easy one-shot class when they are the only class with a buff designed SPECIFICALLY NOT TO BE ONE SHOTTED?
    Lol either we have tht skill we get stunned and we are killed,Its like if pwi make wizards casting longer or take out the def buff from bms, or take out the pets from venos, Sins are for 1v1 if u get on a 2v1 they get reaped commeon there are many things sins aint good at
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Lol either we have tht skill we get stunned and we are killed,Its like if pwi make wizards casting longer or take out the def buff from bms, or take out the pets from venos, Sins are for 1v1 if u get on a 2v1 they get reaped commeon there are many things sins aint good at

If you get on a 2v1 odds are the sin will still win assuming equal gear and a sin that... ya know... knows how to play the damn class. Stun's a concern for you? Really? With an anti-stun, genie skills, and tidal protection stun isn't something sins even have to consider. Your examples are nowhere near what nerves is for a sin and any good sin can tell you that. Hell, when I'm on my sin and someone with close or equal gear to me challenges me I'll refuse to stealth or use deaden nerves simply because the class already has enough advantages as is.

Learn to play the class and you'll realize why most of the "sins aren't OP" defenses are utter bull.
  • emereldsix
    emereldsix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

SinArkon, your probably one of those sins who cant play their class, you see even after the nerf I still carry my red name with my head held up high. I still kill on average 30-40 people in TW. And I only carry nirvanna gears. Maybe you should try a new character because all they did really was make it a little more fair to the otherclasses. In fact I kind of like this because it has granted me a little more challenge to the game. Who cares if we got nerfed, it just points out who the pros are and who cant play their class.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm always curious about how it is people dredge up these old posts so they can perform necromancy on them and act like they were posted just yesterday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm always curious about how it is people dredge up these old posts so they can perform necromancy on them and act like they were posted just yesterday.

Muffin button.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    And you just necrod to call the OP a fool? ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • truekossy
    edited July 2012
    Options
    And you just necrod to call the OP a fool? ...

I liked how I called him a fool before it got necro'd better. b:sad