Dragon Palace+Forest Ruins Clarification

munzenburger
munzenburger Posts: 14 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
K I want someone to plz clarify and help me out on this

Dragon Palace
-LV60
-Starting NPC where????????????
-from 8-12PM Server time or not? I'm at eastern time zone. So would that make it 11PM-3AM?

Forest Ruins
-Maze
-LV40
-Starting NPC where?????
-Again time????

Thanks
Post edited by munzenburger on

Comments

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Forest Ruins
    -Maze
    -LV40
    -Starting NPC where?????
    -Again time????

To the best of my knowledge : never.

This event was closed down on every and all PW servers out there because there is a major bug that allows players to reach the end reward without having to face the mobs.

The developpers appears to be very reluctant to fix those kind of bugs in the game, so it may never be fixed.

Same with the monthly horse race : there is a bug that prevent players from enrtering it with tickets won in the year 2008. This bug has been there since january 1, 2008. It's still not have been fixed 10 months later. We are far from games such as GW or WoW where bugs are fixed in a matter of a few days, or even a few hours.

Why is it so? Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe they don't want to put too much manpower in an old game and find it more profitable to invest their manpower into developping other game rather than fixing bugs in older games?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited October 2008

This event was closed down on every and all PW servers out there because there is a major bug that allows players to reach the end reward without having to face the mobs.

The developpers appears to be very reluctant to fix those kind of bugs in the game, so it may never be fixed.

Same with the monthly horse race : there is a bug that prevent players from enrtering it with tickets won in the year 2008. This bug has been there since january 1, 2008. It's still not have been fixed 10 months later. We are far from games such as GW or WoW where bugs are fixed in a matter of a few days, or even a few hours.

Why is it so? Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe they don't want to put too much manpower in an old game and find it more profitable to invest their manpower into developping other game rather than fixing bugs in older games?

in the world of programming, on large projects like this game, fixing a bug will usually lead to more bugs appearing. it's not as simple as writting a few lines of code and releasing a patch. if the bug is small enough to not affect the game on a large scale, it's easier to remove it completely. my teacher always said when something doesnt work as intended, but doesnt effect overall performance, we call it a 'feature' b:chuckle
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    All the events can be entered via the big wolf in the main towns.
    The times can be seen at the npc right next to them.

At the moment on PW-I NO events are working at all >< Hopefully sometime in the next 40 years somone might attempt to do something about it.
  • Rockstare - Heavens Tear
    Rockstare - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Bump.

>.<
  • Nerithos - Sanctuary
    Nerithos - Sanctuary Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Snake Isle race is working, unless that's not an event.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well, it was not working back in October and, apparently, Rockstare thought it was important to remind everyone of that fact.
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Snake Isle race is working, unless that's not an event.

whats teh snake isle race anyway?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Snake Isle Race works to an extent. There are currently no Monthly or Yearly races, so it is only a way to get signs of speed. But without all the signs available they are only a way to give extra spirit...Dragon Temple is also working, but I would like to see City of Abbominations. The name alone is awsome. When The TTs you can open are too easy and the most exciting thing you can do is TW that leaves alot of time for just grinding...b:sad

Please send a request to the Dev team to fix these to be released in PWI before working on OMG NEW STUFF. (really hopes these events and the achievement mode on FB 89 ect are what is in the upcomming expansionb:surrender)
  • Skin - Dreamweaver
    Skin - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011

The bug is called Assassins b:shutup
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    necroed in 2009 and now in 2011, someone failed the 2010 necro b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Necro'en verboten! b:angry
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    What's with the budding necromancers lately? b:shocked
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    wow its 2009 b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    in the world of programming, on large projects like this game, fixing a bug will usually lead to more bugs appearing. it's not as simple as writting a few lines of code and releasing a patch. if the bug is small enough to not affect the game on a large scale, it's easier to remove it completely. my teacher always said when something doesnt work as intended, but doesnt effect overall performance, we call it a 'feature' b:chuckle

This is ****, the whole idea behind Object programming is that objects (ie Dungeons) can be reworked and installed without effecting other parts of the over all installation. So Forest Ruins could be redesigned and rewritten so that would fit back into Perfect World.
    It is easy to figure why they do not do it, because it is just extra man hours put in with no profit to be made from the effort. MONEY is the fuel that keeps this game going, once that slows to a stop this game will be canceled and all the crying won't bring your or my stuff back. It sad but that's the truth of it.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This is ****, the whole idea behind Object programming is that objects (ie Dungeons) can be reworked and installed without effecting other parts of the over all installation. So Forest Ruins could be redesigned and rewritten so that would fit back into Perfect World.
    It is easy to figure why they do not do it, because it is just extra man hours put in with no profit to be made from the effort. MONEY is the fuel that keeps this game going, once that slows to a stop this game will be canceled and all the crying won't bring your or my stuff back. It sad but that's the truth of it.

Super necro b:bye
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • yardbird
    yardbird Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    InB4necroLock +1
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    How many times can something be necro'd b:shocked
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    How many times can something be necro'd b:shocked

With our lock happy mods, I'm surprised this slipped past them before.