Will there be hell to pay at 30?

Options
Wreneagle - Lost City
Wreneagle - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Twilight Temple (West)
Hi all,

so, I recently made my first character (archer). I don't have much MMO experience but pvp sounded fun. However, I hear stories about high levels getting their kicks by making the game hell for the lowbies. I like the idea of pvp server, but not so much getting one-hit-downed by level 100+ when I'm just 30 every time I venture outside a safe zone. So I ask, before I go much further, how bad is it?

Thank you
Post edited by Wreneagle - Lost City on

Comments

• Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hi all,

so, I recently made my first character (archer). I don't have much MMO experience but pvp sounded fun. However, I hear stories about high levels getting their kicks by making the game hell for the lowbies. I like the idea of pvp server, but not so much getting one-hit-downed by level 100+ when I'm just 30 every time I venture outside a safe zone. So I ask, before I go much further, how bad is it?

Thank you

lv100 killing lowbies has ever been and will ever be part of lost city

its happens not that often anymore...
    oh good old Ragequit times 1shoted the moment i turned white...b:chuckle

take care at common pvp areas like outside archosaur westgate, secret passage or silverpool.

RPK is a feature of a pvp server <3
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • unholydragonking
    unholydragonking Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There will be good days and there will be bad days, and there will be days when you say; "Where the hell did that come from?...." Half the time whenever I'm PKed its from a sneak attack by an Assassin, you'll come to learn the most common PvP areas as you level up, and watch out for when guilds go on a RPK frenzy in a specific area. Then there are the RedHawks.... from what I've learned if you see a member of that faction don't take your eyes off them, even if they are white named, and hope they haven't seen you. Other then that normally you're pretty safe in most areas.
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    Dimiter - Lost City Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hi all,

Thank you

Playing after 30 used to be a challenge back in the days. I don't come on much anymore but from what I saw the other day, it looked like no one PK's anymore, at least not randomly. West Gate PvP is just meh. Such a thing didn't even exist when there were proper PK factions on the server. Also, people's reactions when they got attacked seemed quite slow and even dumb - looks like they didn't know what it means to be attacked by another player so they jumped into fights with people 20+ levels higher than them. That wouldn't have happened when there were proper PK guilds to encourage PvP at lower levels and to teach newbs how it's done.

In a nutshell, don't worry, carebearness is all over Lost City now. You'll almost never get PK-ed, unless you ask for it or stand in front of West Gate for more than half an hour.
  • Vortexer - Lost City
    Vortexer - Lost City Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Why play this game when it's more fun to cut yourself with a dull rusty razor covered in table salt.

I find this post and your sig amusing

Oh yeah, on topic, watch out at secret passage, west gate, silverpool, hidden orchid, etc.
    Does SoAsian still play? (using play loosely...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

Oh yeah, on topic, watch out at secret passage, west gate, silverpool, hidden orchid, etc.

What he says above thsose are 30s 40s quest were ill be hard for you, after those are done you will get ocasionally pked.

Dont rage just relase corpse and go back its part of the game.
  • Deaths_Devil - Raging Tide
    Deaths_Devil - Raging Tide Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

i had a lvl 30 sin i kil ppl lvl 40 etc and then at the places u told the ppl started pk me and then i said good job u killed a lvl 30. then they dont believe me cuz i am red and ppl make me so mad when they pk lowbies!b:angry so i lost my legendary daggers al my money and armor so i am ****ed so i stopped my sin
  • Wreneagle - Lost City
    Wreneagle - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the advice people! Now I just gotta level up...
  • akapylka13
    akapylka13 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the advice people! Now I just gotta level up...

b:pleased
  • Freshkilla - Lost City
    Freshkilla - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hi all,

Thank you

xP no worries on LC they are strong their xP on my cleric i made in 08 i didnt get pked much even by the red names my sin is red on harshlands TideMaster but things changed have not been on LC since the Harshland server came out.
  • reebokedge
    reebokedge Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    games dead, ***** *****
  • arbitrarychaos
    arbitrarychaos Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    And when you put that much into something that can easily be dropped when red, you had better make sure you can afford to replace it or better yet, just not pk at all if your going to QQ about red name dropping. That damn simple.
    i had a lvl 30 sin i kil ppl lvl 40 etc and then at the places u told the ppl started pk me and then i said good job u killed a lvl 30. then they dont believe me cuz i am red and ppl make me so mad when they pk lowbies!b:angry so i lost my legendary daggers al my money and armor so i am ****ed so i stopped my sin
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    There will be good days and there will be bad days, and there will be days when you say; "Where the hell did that come from?...." Half the time whenever I'm PKed its from a sneak attack by an Assassin, you'll come to learn the most common PvP areas as you level up, and watch out for when guilds go on a RPK frenzy in a specific area. Then there are the RedHawks.... from what I've learned if you see a member of that faction don't take your eyes off them, even if they are white named, and hope they haven't seen you. Other then that normally you're pretty safe in most areas.

b:avoid lies!

Also, yeah, you will get days where you get killed, days you wont. Long gone are the days where you always had to watch over your shoulder, but that doesnt stop some of us from killing anything that moves. Just dont take it personally and you'll be fine. Most people I know that rpk just hit someone once then move on, unless they start talking trash. Just remember that with the game how it is nowadays, you can get revenge on the people that kill you within a month or two depending on your playstyle, so use it as motivation to get better when someone kills you as a lowbie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • MuskyMcCloud - Lost City
    MuskyMcCloud - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Someone crept up on me and killed me in one hit. It's disappointing, but I know it won't be like that forever. I just got to keep on grinding and leveling.
  • Lightvoid - Lost City
    Lightvoid - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Someone crept up on me and killed me in one hit. It's disappointing, but I know it won't be like that forever. I just got to keep on grinding and leveling.

You just got stealth gankedb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MuskyMcCloud - Lost City
    MuskyMcCloud - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You just got stealth gankedb:laugh

It happens constantly near Heaven's Tear.
  • JollyCleric - Lost City
    JollyCleric - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    When some guy comes along and punches you with no weapon equipt, and then stops and waits for you to attack, don't do it. That's all you need to know.
  • RangerFEAR - Lost City
    RangerFEAR - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    When some guy comes along and punches you with no weapon equipt, and then stops and waits for you to attack, don't do it. That's all you need to know.

lol and dont fall for people (myself) red with lvl 20 wep out XD
  • Harmothoe - Archosaur
    Harmothoe - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

HAAAAAA hahaha Ranger is right, oldest trick in the book. b:pleased Gear nom nom.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options

but there are people don't even know how a lv20 weapon looks like...b:lipcurl

lv50 within a single frostrun...b:infuriated
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • deadpool4155
    deadpool4155 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    xP no worries on LC they are strong their xP on my cleric i made in 08 i didnt get pked much even by the red names my sin is red on harshlands TideMaster but things changed have not been on LC since the Harshland server came out.

Dude you are TideMaster? You must **** a lot of people off cause I am Tide_Savior, I get random pm's cussing me out then they look at my name and say "Oh sorry your not TideMaster"
  • Pervs - Lost City
    Pervs - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Watch out for RQ theyre always pking lowbies. especially near silver pool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dark_/
cher - Lost City69
    Dark_/ cher - Lost City69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    as for this question, yes at lvl 30 there are all kinds of lowbie rpk'ers and mess.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I hear Shortbus is wreaking havok at WQ29.

P.S. Necro threads be so necrolicious.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • _Wisper - Sanctuary
    _Wisper - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    >3 U all b:kiss
    b:cryb:chuckleb:kiss