whats with all the hacking?

Options
SolitarySoul - Lost City
SolitarySoul - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
while running round LC Server earlier looking at players i saw several who had eg hair/eyes etc on classes other than eg, ive seen a particular player who is a veno with tideborn hair today, I was under the impression that altering the ini files was a bannable offense yet i see so many who continue to do this, or am i wrong and has this changed?b:scornb:scorn
Post edited by SolitarySoul - Lost City on

Comments

• Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    When i saw the thread title i thought there was a serious **** going around... b:surrender
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yes, a harmless change of coding to make the player happy at no cost or harm to anyone is bannable.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    still bannable . Ours is the only version where the rules are still that ***-backwards .

We are like the backwoods rednecks of PW's
  • SolitarySoul - Lost City
    SolitarySoul - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    changed title of thread to avoid causing distress, anyhow tbh because so many people do it, maybe PWi could just add all the different hair/eyes and additions to the customising of avatar area, it would certainly stop all this playing with the coding and make it easier on boths sides dont ya think?
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Here we go, yet again.

Yes, the rules against this are pointless. Do you know how many people they will have to ban to fully stop this? hai2u, dead game. They speak of it being too much of a workload to let it be legal, yet they don't take time out to ban the many people already doing it(Frankie even said posting pictures of it on the forums is >>LEGAL<<.)!

IMO, it's creating more of a workload chasing after the many players that have already taken part in this "illegal" operation, than to just legalize the whole process in the first place.
  • waterkrayz
    waterkrayz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    A couple weeks ago when a GM actually appeared in game at west gate to spawn 5 giant dino WB, I noticed said GM was being carried around by a BIG headed BM, an obvious ini ****. I dont know how much more proof you need that the GMs here could care less.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Just look at class info page at PWI main page, isn't that wizard with tideborn hair ? b:bye
    And if not wrong there also archer with other race hair on official page before.... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear
    Mimiroppu - Heavens Tear Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    waterkrayz wrote: »
    A couple weeks ago when a GM actually appeared in game at west gate to spawn 5 giant dino WB, I noticed said GM was being carried around by a BIG headed BM, an obvious ini ****. I dont know how much more proof you need that the GMs here could care less.

They pick and choose, it seems. I've heard of people getting banned for it and I see people posting that the GMs don't care blah blah, whatever.

Also, are you sure it wasn't like, a big headed kid pill? I wish EG could use those.
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I read somewhere the Mod / GM (I forgot) unless you made your char looks like a chopstick / uber-fat, it wont be banned.

Now if only they made it into a Legal statement and put it on the website or something...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lordhanzo wrote: »
    I read somewhere the Mod / GM (I forgot) unless you made your char looks like a chopstick / uber-fat, it wont be banned.

Pretty sure this didn't happen. One of the supporters of the .ini bill in the suggestion box would have snatched it up.

And ijs.. look into the screenshot section. Yep. So many edits and all those people aren't banned. Noone gives a damn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So many edits and all those people aren't banned. Noone gives a damn.

Agreed.

The suspect the PWI team does not care really about modding the ini files but at the same time do not promote to do it.

Sort of like driving 10-15km over the speed limit, police won't pull you over but they don't go around telling everyone to do it.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Editing .ini file isnt "hacking"

TROLL!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Creating an .ini edited character is technically bannable, but usually the GM has to directly see your character or a ticket has to be submitted about it. Generally, they'll then ask you to change your character to a customization within in-game parameters, and if/when you refuse, the bans roll out.

As for posting pictures, they can't guarantee that those pictures are from you or even from this version, and that they weren't edited in an image editing program like PS or Gimp. Due to those contingencies, they can't just go and ban the players who they see posting pictures of .ini edited characters on the forums.b:surrender
  • EmeraldFire - Lost City
    EmeraldFire - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You will have to understand that this is a very big thing for Vengeful, as the "said veno" is in their most "hated" rival's faction, and they have a tendency to report those members for any and everything they can think of. This is the only version of the game where this is still even bannable. The newer servers of this very same version,i.e. german server,do not even consider this a bannable offense.

And I would like to point out to this Vengeful member, that where your faction is VERY quick to report others, the Anime type characters that most of them have, you can only create by altering the .ini file. So be careful with the stones you cast, especially when your own faction is made of glass.......

And for the record, I am not "said veno". I am simply sick of the abuse of the reporting system to play out the pixelated grudges. If you would like to draw GM attention to anything on our server, how about we draw it to our world chat that reads like an adult novel most times, or even the many names of the characters that are in direct violation of the TOS. That would be a better use of GM's times than "ooo look here this veno has earthguard hair".
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    potato.
  • ILLeism - Heavens Tear
    ILLeism - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    who cares
  • yardbird
    yardbird Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    waterkrayz wrote: »

b:laugh Maybe if you'd have been around longer you'd have remembered that about a year ago an update had the CN Bobble-Head/ big headed barb in it. It was ruled that if you rolled one of them at that time that it was legal and you could keep it. I made one & know of several others who did so. They are legal characters. Might even be able to find the threads here if you do a search.

b:victory
  • waterkrayz
    waterkrayz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    yardbird wrote: »
    b:laugh Maybe if you'd have been around longer you'd have remembered that about a year ago an update had the CN Bobble-Head/ big headed barb in it. It was ruled that if you rolled one of them at that time that it was legal and you could keep it. I made one & know of several others who did so. They are legal characters. Might even be able to find the threads here if you do a search.

b:victory

Notice I said big headed BM not barb. and as the whole server rolled along to west gate once it was mentioned in WC on Sanctuary server, im sure there were plenty of toons to SS it and send a ticket. Nobody cares. And Ive been on here since 08, so i think ive been around long enough.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    qq someone reported me

aww =[
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • asixus
    asixus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012