Assassin Guide

1235»

Comments

• RauI - Archosaur
    RauI - Archosaur Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    there arent since I got bored when genesis came up unless someone post tactics for new race as a reply I wont be able to add them
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Low to mid level Sin/Seeker Pvp: you shouldn't have issues.
    High level Sin/Seeker Pvp: that freak is a blade BM with your ninja moves. Treat him as an HA sin that can one-shot your fish butt like a barb's Arma.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • xdustynxsyn
    xdustynxsyn Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    there is one thing I would like to say about deep sting, and the comment made about puncture wound taking to long..though the damage is not great for the ability of deep sting, the effect can out weight the negative on another effect, puncture wounds long casting time. I stacked deep sting right before time delayed abilities, reduces their miss chance and faster, uninttrupted casting of things like Puncture wound. ALL DAMAGE IS GOOD DAMAGE. DOTS ARE IMPORTANT. They give a static damage for times of increased in-activty due to channeling of other spells thus decreasing down times. >.>; Now I could be wrong as I am after all a low level syn. On top of this damage increases the channeling times of spells, so why not make casters pay for 'em ;)
  • guigribler
    guigribler Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    uaub:thanks
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Wolf Emblem Personally, I rarely use this, but others swear by it. Gives 10 chi
    Level: Negligable

Deep Sting Not really worth leveling for the minor damage increase. Used for the sleep effect.
    I'm going to agree with Taxi and say:
    Level: 1-4

Tidal Protection My comment is the same as Wolf Emblem, however I will agree with Taxi again and say it's a must have for end game (especially PvP)
    Level: negligable

Focused Mind Personally, I rarely use this, but others swear by it.
    Level: Negligable

I'm sin for about a year and I can say: With 90+ sin's critical hit rate, Wolf Emblem is a MUST have at 10. Wolf emblem is the best combined with triple sparks, it grants in a 30s lapse that ALL your crits will do 30% more damage. (40% on demon, 20% on sage (sage lasts for 30 minutes))
    A 50k crit with emblem is 65k damge, its a very noticeable difference and increases on BP effect. Mostly used in-tandem with celestial/demonic eruption (Insane crits b:dirty)

Focused Mind is TOP skill for soloing/tanking bosses, its a "max as soon as possible" too. It grants that you'll avoid 1 hit every 4 hits, when surrounded by 4 mobs who do 1k damage per hit, combined with sin's natural evasion it grants an increase from 20% damage avoidance (natural evasion against melee and ranged mobs) to 45% (53% on sage version). Also makes you avoid 25% of magical damage (which's a pain in the ****).
    I've got Lv 10 Focused Mind, I use only against bosses and 5+ mobs, I guarantee this skill is highly reliable.

Tidal protection is insanely awesome in PvP as it reduces the 100% chance stuns to 50% and 80% stuns (as archers' and veno's) to 40%, its insanely recomendable to have it maxed. Also if you're duoing fc and you're the weaker sin, it will 50% of the time disallow bosses to sleep you, also, Dreadindra's purge fails on me when I'm Tidal protected, 50% of the time.

Now Deep Sting is not reeeeeaally an awesome skill, but as I have all my skills maxed and its lv 10 sleep is enough to: "Oh sheet, I hitted a ONE mob, but forggot I was unBPed!" I sleep the mob and its enough time to rebuff bloodpaint for a low amount of chi.=
    Also on 1v1 you can sleep your enemy to gain time to Focused Mind/Tidal protection then Triple spark and -> Inner Harmony -> Headhunt

Of course, against BMs, clerics and such painful classes we use Tidal to avoid sleep/stun. Against nukers we use Focused Mind and Let's roll!

Please, add the followings:

Against Seekers: Combo stuns, use tackling slash whenever possible and when you have the seeker at your control (when they're stunned/slept and can't avoid the next damage), try to combo triple spark with condensed thorn. You can also use puncture wound as the DoT ignores the defense lvl.

Against Mystics: Have maze steps on, its a good idea to use Tidal protection too, though you wont be able to avoid the mid damage the mystic does. Tidal protection will come handy also if the mystic chooses to use sleep plant/Cragglord, Cragglord's attack causes a fire DoT which's Hellish. Avoid pet's stun with Maze Steps and you'll most of the times be able to kill the mystic right after the first Headhunt.

Not confirmed nor Ill recomend a lot, but all the fights against barbs/seekers/bms I had, condensed thorn made my attacks a quite stronger on them. Condensed thorn doesn't effect SKILL damage, only autoattack damage.
  • LateIy - Archosaur
    LateIy - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    SO much to read and learn b:shocked
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    SO much to read and learn b:shocked
    Must...resist...suggesting the the normal "just 5aps 100/101 with credit card" option... ><
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Must...resist...suggesting the the normal "just 5aps 100/101 with credit card" option... ><
    do it. nobody appreciated half this **** when rising tide came out, 95% of the **** in this guide was plagerized and took months before any of the credit was even mentioned where it was due.

what am i relegated to? a small purple block of text when i had a far more detailed, and less sloppy looking guide.

GG new mods then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Wow waffle still around. If it makes you feel better, my guide was stickied and not stolen. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • HiCleric - Dreamweaver
    HiCleric - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for making this post, it helps alot with my sin!
    [insert Signature with Loser Like Comback here]

b:chuckle
  • Endem - Sanctuary
    Endem - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Spanks for the guide. Helping me a bunch.
  • JinxRake - Momaganon
    JinxRake - Momaganon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Please add a note on the Deep Sting skill that says "IT SAVES YOUR *** AGAINST ANYTHING THAT POISONS OR CASTS AS A FIRST ATTACK".
    I've been helping other sins in quests and almost NOBODY used the damn skill to stop mobs from poisoning them or hitting them with a 1-2 Magic - Phys attack. And then they complain they run out of pots or whatever.

Also, kudos for the combos. I generally like to go Wolf Emblem > Spark > Inner Harmony > Powerdash. 2 Sec off the spark time for increase Crit Rate? Hell yeah!
  • GilgamCly - Raging Tide
    GilgamCly - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Could you Elaborate more about the difference between a Demon and a Sage Assassin, Pros/Cons, Skill advantages, Target Objectives of each, Ect. ???

Complete Assassin Guide

VI. Sage/Demon

Sage/Demon Skills

http://www.ecatomb.net

VII. Types of Assassins

Interval sin: They rely on very fast regular hits + buffs. (All interval comes from gear + demon spark, so if you want to go this way, youll be spending a pretty penny. You can get wind shield or relentless courage on your genie for more speed on the side. Unfortunately they dont stack with demon spark though.)

Why: Can kill single targets very quickly (High DPS). Can tank with blood paint up. Demon skills portray longer stuns/immobilizes/paralyzes.

ArkTone
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • RauI - Archosaur
    edited July 2012
    ask Arktone about it im just quoting besides I stopped playing this game 2 years ago since its Pay 2 Win game but still waiting to play Raiderz. Ty for comments and should thank everyone else that contributed on sins forum.
  • milfred2013
    milfred2013 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    why i cnt still log in into the game?
  • zehrullez
    zehrullez Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is more expensive for do : a strong BM 5.0 or a strong SIN 5.0 ?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why i cnt still log in into the game?
    zehrullez wrote: »
    What is more expensive for do : a strong BM 5.0 or a strong SIN 5.0 ?

Feel free to start your own threads rather than having off topic questions burried 138 posts in.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • zehrullez
    zehrullez Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Feel free to start your own threads rather than having off topic questions burried 138 posts in.

I searched in all places and I not found this, please help me
  • Keckleon - Dreamweaver
    Keckleon - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My girlfriend wants to start playing pwi I have a 101 assassin and I was wondering what class would be a good choice for her. My friend says to use a cleric. But I was thinking seeker. She would probably play nearly any class I am just wondering what the best choice to partner up with my assassin would be.

Thank you b:pleased
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My girlfriend wants to start playing pwi I have a 101 assassin and I was wondering what class would be a good choice for her. My friend says to use a cleric. But I was thinking seeker. She would probably play nearly any class I am just wondering what the best choice to partner up with my assassin would be.

Thank you b:pleased

IMO the best partner for a sin would be a BM.
  • arkeames
    arkeames Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That is not true that sins are squishy if a sin if full g16 or r9 they can almost tank if good refines+ shards
  • ShadowStryyk - Harshlands
    ShadowStryyk - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Veryy helpful guide thank you :)
  • Zerole - Harshlands
    Zerole - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just curious, is this guide still accurate? I'm thinking of starting PWI again and rolling an Assassin, but this guide doesn't look like it has been updated in a year.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the class has not change, actually none of the classes has changed. Just better gear. sins have pve gear and pvp gear and some lucky ones roll great stats on r8r that has the best of both worlds.

I have 4 peices of r9 reforge s3 gear now, have wonderfull overall defensives and such, but in the end we are still a 1v1 class, and the sometimes lucky aoe. If i could turn back time, i would have done this one my barb or another class
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • RauI - Archosaur
    edited October 2014
    I suppose its still accurate I stopped playing after the speed stats started but even in PW2 the graphics are same as crappy they havent updated in china into something more realistic now PW has become a nostalgia game.

If you need me to edit something pm facebook Raul Torres
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I suppose its still accurate I stopped playing after the speed stats started but even in PW2 the graphics are same as crappy they havent updated in china into something more realistic now PW has become a nostalgia game.

If you need me to edit something pm facebook Raul Torres

Yeah its still a great guide, the game mechanics have not changed just some end game content. There was a aps nerf a while back but I think that has been removed.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Yeah its still a great guide, the game mechanics have not changed just some end game content. There was a aps nerf a while back but I think that has been removed.

It's still there. It's just that it's always been incredibly insignificant overall, so most wouldn't even notice it in the first place.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • nator
    nator Posts: 39 Arc User
    Its np I gathered all these guides into one thread cuz back then it was a mess trying to get a real guide. Did this on my spare time during my college days, gonna give PW another try got bored of Gw2, WoW, Revelation online, Black Desert and every mmorpg out there
    War of Immortals
    Olympus West Server

ID 7030141G010001089000801S13fb1f
  • nator
    nator Posts: 39 Arc User
    Since its been modified from PWI to Arc I no longer got access to modify the thread so Ill update here links

Couri

Lots of money...no I farm like crazy ask any of my guildmates.

Also gear breakdown for those interested:

Head: Warsoul of Earth+6 3 +10 vit stones
    Chest: TT99 Gold HA+6 4 +10 vit stones
    Legs: TT99 Gold HA+6 2 G8 Citrines
    Boots: TT99 Gold LA+6 2 +10 vit stones
    Weapon: Deicide(Lunar Claws)+7 (no stone yet)
    Cape: Passionate Robe:Abbadon(+1 Crit robe)+6 2 G8 Citrine
    Necklace: Swindler's Necklace+6
    Belt: Demon Slaughter Belt+2
    Wrists: TT99 Gold LA+6 1 +10 vit stone 1 G11 Citrine
    Rings: 2 Sign of Frost: Chaos+6
    Tome: The Sunny Pass(Str +15)
    1% Crit Arrow

All buffs on me at time are lvl 10, no sage/demon buffs.

Currently working on:
    Lionheart Belt
    Lunar -int Cape
    -int Tome
    Nirvana Legs
    and eventual(after enough farming and another d.orb sale) +8 armor and +10 on Lunar Claws

HA Sin

KBar On Assassins Being Team Players

Trawne

Everything you need to know about assassin stealth

I'm putting this thread together to help out those who don't know how stealth works. Most of the stuff in here I tested myself over the past few months and posted in various threads. This will be a localized place for all that information.

Let's start with how stealth and awareness levels are determined.

Equation for Stealth level: Stealth level = Character level + level of stealth skill used (shadow walk or escape) + Cat-like Tread

Awareness level = Character Level + Sharp observer skill + Detection potion

For most Awareness level will be just their character level as only sins get sharp observer and the potions aren't cheap.

To see a stealthed assassin your awareness level must EQUAL or be greater than their stealth level.

Example: A level 60 assassin with 7 Cat like tread and 10 shadow walk has a level of 84 in stealth. This means any player level 84 and above can see him.

An assassin level 66 with level 6 sharp observer has an awareness level of 84 and will see the level 60 assassin. At 65 he would only have 83 awareness levels and would not see the 60 Assassin.

Detection potions as taken from my testing and written in another thread:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trawne - Lost City View Post

my sin is 61 with 5 levels of cat-like tread and 8 levels of shadow walk
    61 + 10 + 8 =79

first subject was a 58 veno. veno could not see me alone (obviously). if the pot was correct, he should still not be able to see me
    58 + 20 = 78
    78 < 79

after using the pot this veno was able to see me however, supporting that the pot did give 30 levels.

a 44 veno could not see me before nor after using the pot
    44 + 20 = 64
    44 + 30 = 74
    both are < 79

at 78 could not see me. a 79 player could.
    This shows that they add 30 levels though the description says 20. Detection potions allow non-assassins to see stealthed assassin of their level or lower. A Level 93 archer using a detection potion will see any sin 93 and lower. He will not see a 94 or higher sin though.

Stealth Detection Potions do NOT work for assassins as they do NOT stack with Sharp Observer

Shadow Escape:

With the addition of sage/demon shadow escape, it is possible for an assassin to be invisible to everyone (except seekers now with the newest skills) due to receiving 11 stealth levels while using it. Note that sage/demon Shadow Walk do NOT get a bonus level added and remain +10. The maximum Stealth level you can attain is now 136. Level 105 + 11 Shadow Escape sage/demon + 20 from Cat-Like Tread. Stealth detection pots and the Sharp Observer skill will no longer be enough to see an Assassin that is equal your level and uses Sage/Demon Shadow Escape.

The only class that can currently detect a level 105 Shadow Escaped Assassin is the Seeker class. For the Seeker to achieve this they must have the Radiant Sight skill. This raises the seekers detection level by 31, allowing a level 105 seeker to attain the necessary 136 Detection to see the assassin. I do not at this time know if this skill will stack with a Stealth Detection potion, but seeing as they don't stack with Sharp Observer I doubt they will stack with this skill either.

Nifty things to use stealth for and other miscellaneous information:

You can use any skill while stealthed without breaking stealth (unless you cause damage doing said skill) EXCEPT for one: Sage/Demon Spark. Use of this skill will remove your stealthed condition at the Start of the cast. You are not placed in combat and may re-stealth after if you wish.

As previously stated, you may use Healing trance and remain stealthed while channeling. You will be placed in combat, however, so make note that your mana regen will be 1/4 and you will NOT be able to use Shadow Walk to remove stealth while in combat (you can still smack something to remove stealth).

Shadow Escape can be used to reset your threat level in boss fights against bosses that are not level 150. In order to reset your threat level the boss MUST be attacking you directly. If you just use Shadow Escape and the boss is not targeting you, it will NOT reset your threat level. I like to use this when doing BH. Note that in Twilight Temple all bosses are level 150 so this will not work in here.

Shadow Escape can also be used to pull monsters from a group. aggro the monster and run. Have another member of your squad grab the monster you want then you shadow escape making all the other monsters go back to their spawn point. Make sure your cleric knows not to heal you while you do this or the monsters.

Shadow Escape can also be used to do BH runs unwined. This is very tricky and requires an experienced team. The sin runs ahead of the squad getting aggro on every mob with the squad following behind. Once you reach a safe spot where no monsters are Shadow Escape and the monsters will reset. Again this is very difficult for people not experienced and for most this will just end in squad wipes.
    War of Immortals
    Olympus West Server

ID 7030141G010001089000801S13fb1f