Existing Skill Balancing

Burnout - Harshlands
Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
This caught my eye on the expansion page...PWI claims that they are balancing the existing skills for all classes...I was not aware that the old skills were being changed from reading the expansion preview threads....

Anyone know what's up? Is PWI itself changing things based on the NA version of the game? Anybody wanna conjecture about what they will do to the old skills?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
Post edited by Burnout - Harshlands on

Comments

• Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Nobody knows until the expansion actually hits our servers.

Bubbles said she hasn't noticed anything different with skills on the CN version...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15967531&postcount=23

So we can all guess for now.
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Absolute domain not being an aoe anymore. Barbs aggro being increased. All I can think of specifically.
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Absolute domain not being an aoe anymore. Barbs aggro being increased. All I can think of specifically.

I've heard this several times now. I'm really hoping it isn't true since it's one of the best ways of helping an ally out in PvP or PvE when you can't directly deal with their opponent. (For example, Sin with Maze Steps active and you're a BM. Good luck stunning them and saving yo cleric).
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    With the way all of the expansions have been over-hyped and exaggerated, I'm not likely to believe that there will be any significant balancing done to individual skills.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    With the way all of the expansions have been over-hyped and exaggerated, I'm not likely to believe that there will be any significant balancing done to individual skills.

^ This

If you have read ANY of the new skills, some of them throw certain classes even more off balance then they already were.

Trying to balance a game that has been unbalanced for so long is like kicking a dead horse and hoping it will get up. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Nobody knows until the expansion actually hits our servers.

Bubbles said she hasn't noticed anything different with skills on the CN version...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15967531&postcount=23

So we can all guess for now.

I haven't gone through all the skills but I haven't noticed anything major yet.
    Unless multipliers for damage or time or such were changed, I don't see anything that stands out as different.

I could be entirely wrong, but I'll definitely post anything interesting I might find.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited February 2012

This better be incorrect...the main reason I use that skill is to save someone else...like the cleric
    This better be true...bout freakin time!!!
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I wonder if skills that people almost never uses will get those changes (like BM sword skills, which would be great)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This better be incorrect...the main reason I use that skill is to save someone else...like the cleric
    This better be true...bout freakin time!!!

In regards to BB, Ironically, I usually use this skill to save the DD's, or tanks to cover the cooldown when I go into BB, or when someone has bit off more than they can chew. Thankfully, I still have it on both of my main genies, so it'll save me nonetheless, but using it in other instances...especially delta has proven to be invaluable for helping to save the squad. It will suck if its no longer AOE.

Regarding barb aggro stregnth increasing,...this is much needed for them in order to help preserve their role as tank.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Duke_Lion - Sanctuary
    Duke_Lion - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I wonder if skills that people almost never uses will get those changes (like BM sword skills, which would be great)

Wait, BMs can use swords?
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Wait, BMs can use swords?

No, they don't, I'm sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    They'll balance skills like they did with CC. b:shutup
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Eccy - Harshlands
    Eccy - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm surprised nobody has come in this thread and started screaming

"NERF THE SINS!!!"

b:chuckle
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Absolute domain not being an aoe anymore. . .

Q_Q. Trials/Delta/TW just got a freak-ton harder. . .
    Barbs aggro being increased.

This is lovely! If this is true, rejoice my barbies! Rejoice! /letusactuallyhopeitsincreasedenoughahem. . .
  • Noel - Dreamweaver
    Noel - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    BMs use spear skills more? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    BMs use spear skills more? b:shocked

If they're worth a ****, yes o_o
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Would be nice if Demon Serrated Arrow HP steal increased from 40 to something like...400
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Barb aggro is fine, people. There's nothing wrong with it. If we didn't have all this aps gear, barbs would have no trouble keeping aggro. Fix the gears, not flesh ream.

All that would accomplish is making it utterly impossible for anyone else to steal aggro at all (which means even fewer people will know how to moderate their damage properly). And knowing our devs, they'd probably **** it up so that only the 5aps people can still steal, making it as pointless as the TT3 buff that was "designed to prevent soloing." >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    They'll balance skills like they did with CC. b:shutup

Last I checked (which was yesterday) CC worked PvE....didn't test on PvP tho

Even if times/damage multipliers were changed and Bubbles didn't catch it (no one is perfect), those minor changes could overwhelmingly affect the balance of the game.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Barb aggro is fine, people. There's nothing wrong with it. If we didn't have all this aps gear, barbs would have no trouble keeping aggro. Fix the gears, not flesh ream.

All that would accomplish is making it utterly impossible for anyone else to steal aggro at all (which means even fewer people will know how to moderate their damage properly). And knowing our devs, they'd probably **** it up so that only the 5aps people can still steal, making it as pointless as the TT3 buff that was "designed to prevent soloing." >_>

Wrong, anyone can take agro with r9, regardless of apsb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    BM sword, pole and fist skills all need reworking. Demon highland cleave too... aps proc when you're using axe skills wtflol? Reworking would include cutting animation time down. Bhuddha's guard cooldown should be 3-5 minutes not 10, and Flash should be 1-2 minutes and only cost 1 spark.

I'm sure barbs and wizzies have a ton of useless skills that need to be fixed too. Pipe dreams... but that statement about updating old skills indicates some progress.
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Wrong, anyone can take agro with r9, regardless of apsb:bye

Anyone could take agro, even before r9- but back then people had to practice aggro managment.
    re
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I found an old skill list that a friend translated for me when eg were released on pwcn.

I'll translate the current one and compare them.

I seriously don't see any changes though (from what I seen so far)... I don't know if they mean the regular skills or demon/sage skills or lvl 79/100 skills...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Last I checked (which was yesterday) CC worked PvE....didn't test on PvP tho

Is this the CN version that you were checking ?

Because over here, channel cancelling doesn't work anymore period... PVE or PVP.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I believe the Person that wrote the Text about the new expansion exaggerated a little and ended up selling the new skills aswell as skill balancing of skills that allready existed. Perhaps a few Genie skills will be rebalanced but dont hold hopes much more will change.
    I hate Room 38
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I believe the Person that wrote the Text about the new expansion exaggerated a little and ended up selling the new skills aswell as skill balancing of skills that allready existed. Perhaps a few Genie skills will be rebalanced but dont hold hopes much more will change.

Inb4 nerfing of genie spark. b:shutup
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • TJTLegend - Archosaur
    TJTLegend - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    shhhhhhhhhhhhh! genie spark should be untouched
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Is this the CN version that you were checking ?

Because over here, channel cancelling doesn't work anymore period... PVE or PVP.

CC means credit card obviously. Works fine!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Anyone could take agro, even before r9- but back then people had to practice aggro managment.

This. You wouldn't believe the aggro fights I used to watch [And try to heal through on cleric] back in pre-Tideborn 2008/9 from pure dex Archers.

Sins coming out made it even worse, and let's not forget the lovely wizard who could nuke something to heck only to get one shotted by boss because cleric wasn't prepared to focus heal on anything by the barb. Heck, on my wiz in my 70s, I was married to a barb same level, and because I knew of my nuke power, I had to minimize my damage while she maximized her aggro skills to keep me safe in the dungeons and the cleric from losing their mind.

Flesh Ream was never really fine, people just controlled their DPS more out of necessity. Nowadays, there's no need for control, the cleric/mystic should know to be aware of the entire squad and not just static tank/heal, and with bloodpaint and charm/pots, anyone can pretty much take on anything. . .I do hope it gets improvement. Dance my barbies! Q_Q
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    In some MMORPG games there are no"Tanks"nor"Healers",even because random its semi-random so there isn't a single char holding all the damage,pretty much every class its designed to assist each other up to some degree and if everyone do known things right everything gets right with no deaths...obviously this isn't the case of PWI,so yes,Barb agro skills need to be drastically improved.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry