Regarding the Winter Loading Screen Contest

Options

Comments

• Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm definitely not getting them mixed up. It's a picture that potrays the game while it loads up, as you said. So a picture that doesn't potray the game and could just as easily be in any other game, like Dokuro's wouldn't be appropriate. Lingzi's didn't really portray the winter theme. She had the ice, but the only reason I know it's ice is because it's submitted in a winter contest. That could just as easily be a bed of crystals. The snow around her assassin doesn't really have any form, and there really isn't a background. Just a gorgeous picture of her character. Dokuro's potrayed winter better than most, but it doesn't really portray PWI. Lingzi's potrayed PWI better than anyone else, but it didn't really potrary winter. The winner did both. That's really all it should boil down too, the winner needs to be a picture that followed the spirit of all the rules. A loading screen shouldn't be disqualified just because it used a certain style of artwork. That picture is a highly stylized and pretty picture that portrays the game and the theme that was required of the contest.

Those two did get runner up prizes because the style clearly was better than the others, but neither of them incorporated all the elements in a strong way as to deserve to be the winner. Faiskittles, TiikeriLiija, Cadaveria, and EarlGrey all included both elements in a strong and real way. Not just nominally so it couldn't be disqualified. EarlGrey is amonst the ones that did, and the judges liked his the best. So he deseres his win. He met the spirit of the contest in every way. He shouldn't be disqualified from winning because he didn't use the specific style that previous loading screens did, as that wasn't one of the rules of the contest.

I just...
    Oi.
    This isn't going to get anywhere.
    I'll just summarize my opinions as this:
    The current winner would be more appropriate as a fan art, dokuro/lingzi would be more appropriate as loading screens.
    I get where you're coming from,and while the picture technically meets all the qualifications for the contest, it just doesn't really stand out as something that would be used a loading screen.

Seeing how the poll is also just as divided on the contest, I'll just let it go.
    I know where the wallpapers are in the files anyways...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's not going to change. It's just a loading screen that will load for 1 sec only, gawd.

If u rly like the other's pic, just save it and put it as ur wallpaper or something.
    I'm sure the author will appreciate it more rather than their pic is being put on the loading screen as a result of a Thread like this.

/Thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:surrender after i read all the comments, i must say thank you to all who cared

n ty for those voting for that Dokuro/Lingzi vote

b:angry the other 10 people who voted for the first vote.... not sure if you guys really liked that loading screen, or just being nice n open minded.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:surrender after i read all the comments, i must say thank you to all who cared

b:angry the other 10 people who voted for the first vote.... not sure if you guys really liked that loading screen, or just being nice n open minded.

Btw," pretentious" totally does not mean what you think it means.

Anyway, Like I said in the stickied thread, I think it's most likely that pwi judges pick horrible winners on purpose so that people with no artistic talent (whatsoever =.=) don't get discouraged from these contests.

But if this is indeed true, it is counter productive, because when talented people who worked equally hard on their pictures get it through to them that they probably have no chances of winning simply based on being talented, it will discourage them from entering, and pwi judges can kiss goodbye all the truly nice works they recieve.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options

You know...
    If you have more resolutions of your submissions...
    You could... you know... switch things around
    I know how
    b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Gawd BloodRain and Lingzi, don't be so full of yourselves.

Lingzi, stop being such a poor loser. Your pick was nice but it was not chosen. How many boxes of tissues have you gone through.

Bllodrain, way to assume. Yep you are right. You know exactly what the staff at PWI had intended.

For everyone else: Don't attempt to do any more contests cause Bloodrain has stated that there is no point unless you do artwork just like Lingzi and that other guy who at least is not QQing on this thread.

Such poor losers in a contest that gave the community such great artwork.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options

Lingzi, stop being such a poor loser. Your pick was nice but it was not chosen. How many boxes of tissues have you gone through.

Bllodrain, way to assume. Yep you are right. You know exactly what the staff at PWI had intended.

For everyone else: Don't attempt to do any more contests cause Bloodrain has stated that there is no point unless you do artwork just like Lingzi and that other guy who at least is not QQing on this thread.

So then you're saying we should just accept the results and our opinions are just qqing because they contradict the results?

I made this thread to see just how many like the outcome of the contest. If you haven't noticed, there's more than a few poor losers that think otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Tatuaje: Shut the **** up if you don't get the point behind the thread, or even attempt to read the original thread and only assume this is QQ or raging.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I get the purpose of this thread. A small group have a problem with the choice the Staff made. Did you see the vote count? Dear lord, look at that huge vote count.

So, unless I am not seeing something please feel free to inform me of what I am missing.

Perses, y so mad?
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So then you're saying we should just accept the results and our opinions are just qqing because they contradict the results?

I made this thread to see just how many like the outcome of the contest. If you haven't noticed, there's more than a few poor losers that think otherwise.

At least you attempt to make arguements. Many of the others just act like babies and make stupid assumptions. And Lingzi IS acting like a poor loser.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I get the purpose of this thread. A small group have a problem with the choice the Staff made. Did you see the vote count? Dear lord, look at that huge vote count.

So, unless I am not seeing something please feel free to inform me of what I am missing.

Perses, y so mad?

10 voters thought the winner is just fine.
    26 voters think either someone else should've been chosen or others should have been chosen along with the winner.

I don't know about you, but if the poll continues the way it does, it's gonna favor other submissions.
    At least you attempt to make arguements. Many of the others just act like babies and make stupid assumptions. And Lingzi IS acting like a poor loser.

All I saw in Lingzi's post was thanks for wanting my submissions even though the other person won and I wonder if the 10 votes to the current winner are out of true sincerity or mere modesty.

Granted the last part of their post can be seen as qqing, but it's hardly being a poor loser.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's art.

It's just a matter of opinion. There is no right nor wrong. And nowhere did they specify that they would prefer art that is similar in style to the already existing artwork. In fact, if they did, they'd be cutting down their submissions massively: artists tend to have styles which they like more or which they're better at.

Also, the loading screen only takes a few seconds. Go make a sandwich or refill your teapot if it bothers you that much.

They couldn't let the community decide because quite frankly the community is ridiculously corrupted. If they did that, you'd see people promising freebies for votes or they'd use nameless alts to vote. And before you say they won't, remember how people stocked up on Jones', sold Jones' to people, made tons of alts when one of the free fashions was NPCable for a meager amount of coin. And the goon glitch.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    36 voters?

10 for the winner and 14 split between Lingzi and the other guy. Some were I don't care and some were about the sun exploding? 0.o

Come on, really. I know your arguement and I respected it and never was rude but this is far from a big issue. I will admit with all your efforts they may make a random splash screen randomizing from a few of the contestants.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Perses, y so mad?

Not mad, annoyed that people seem to think **** is QQ or raging lately w/o even reading.

And if your here to troll leave -__-
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Not mad, annoyed that people seem to think **** is QQ or raging lately w/o even reading.

And if your here to troll leave -__-

My bad for irritating you, had no intention. Just tired of some of the posters making such stupid assumptions.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's art.

It's just a matter of opinion. There is no right nor wrong. And nowhere did they specify that they would prefer art that is similar in style to the already existing artwork. In fact, if they did, they'd be cutting down their submissions massively: artists tend to have styles which they like more or which they're better at.

Also, the loading screen only takes a few seconds. Go make a sandwich or refill your teapot if it bothers you that much.

They couldn't let the community decide because quite frankly the community is ridiculously corrupted. If they did that, you'd see people promising freebies for votes or they'd use nameless alts to vote. And before you say they won't, remember how people stocked up on Jones', sold Jones' to people, made tons of alts when one of the free fashions was NPCable for a meager amount of coin. And the goon glitch.

If the poll system here is truly that abusable, they could always use another site or something.
    I don't know if pwe could even change how polls work so that it's more limited on how you vote on it.

Still wouldn't hurt to have a community vote on a second loading screen though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I w0uld seri0usly like t0 kn0w h0w the assassin drawing that l00ks like she is derping became a runner up.....MissClick?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Vivaci - Dreamweaver
    Vivaci - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's art.

+1

Art doesn't have to be the most beautiful picture. If you think art has to be pretty you need to brush up your studies on famous artwork that hangs in the museums. Pretty sure a lot of it makes you go "What the hell?"

I think the winner deserved it because they did follow the theme. It's not your style of art, or the normal half-naked people in our loading screens...so? I'm sure the winner is really proud of their art, and honestly it seems like you guys are just insulting it because you don't like the style. It's good I didn't enter with a stick figure with a santa hat on and win, cause I'd have to laugh my *** off at everyone complaining.

Honestly, I'm glad it wasn't some half-naked person again with giant ****. It would be cool to see a lot more different styled fan art on the loading screens rather than the same old thing everytime. What you guys are saying is if we ever have another "loading screen contest" you can't enter unless you draw EXACTLY that style of the existing loading screens. What kind of contest is that? You will get all of 4 entries...? Whoot...what a contest...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆~Playing PWI since march 2009~☆
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Eh? I never said it was 100% set in stone. I merely attempted to explain consistently unsatisfactory contest results(as defined by the community). I always used the magic word "if". "if this is the case", "if this is indeed true", etc and remained ambiguous in my word choice to make it clear that I was simply making a guess. You don't need to take it so defensively.
  • lordhanzo
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Community = 47 people b:shutup

If you prefer the community *cough* to vote rather than PWE Staff, why still joining the contest knowing that the winner will be picked by the Staff?

It's the same like joining a cooking contest where the winner is decided by the judge, knowing that and still submitting your cook, then complaining about "Ohh the winner should be voted, let all the audience taste it and vote! Oh, and for the audience who vote yes on the current winner, do you really like the cook or just being nice?"

Seriously?..
    and for Lingzi, seeing your comment about the winner, you have no respect for others, I can't imagine how bad you whine about this in-game / rl.

Making a big fuzz about something just for 1 sec loading screen *that wont be put as a loading screen forever*.

*rolls eyes* girls..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lordhanzo wrote: »
    Community = 47 people b:shutup

If you prefer the community *cough* to vote rather than PWE Staff, why still joining the contest knowing that the winner will be picked by the Staff?

It's the same like joining a cooking contest where the winner is decided by the judge, knowing that and still submitting your cook, then complaining about "Ohh the winner should be voted, let all the audience taste it and vote! Oh, and for the audience who vote yes on the current winner, do you really like the cook or just being nice?"

Seriously?..
    and for Lingzi, seeing your comment about the winner, you have no respect for others, I can't imagine how bad you whine about this in-game / rl.

Making a big fuzz about something just for 1 sec loading screen *that wont be put as a loading screen forever*.

*rolls eyes* girls..

b:angry aw come on, no respect? if i dont have respect, i would have wrote 90% of the post in this thread, i only wrote 2 posts and keep complaints to minimum, i was trying to not hurt anyone, but now u guys r like trying to **** me off instead b:angry b:angry

n thats all, im done, not coming back to this thread anymore, but thnx Bubbles for making this thread, it shows me that you care. thnx man
  • lordhanzo
    edited February 2012
    Options
    b:angry aw come on, no respect? if i dont have respect, i would have wrote 90% of the post in this thread, i only wrote 2 posts and keep complaints to minimum, i was trying to not hurt anyone, but now u guys r like trying to **** me off instead b:angry b:angry

n thats all, im done, not coming back to this thread anymore, but thnx Bubbles for making this thread, it shows me that you care. thnx man

yeah, how would you feel if you're picked as the winner and then got comments like "You got picked as the winner because the voters feel pity on you".

and yes, you have hurted the winners feeling just by saying that.
    and no, I just made comments based on what you do / say; heck, I do that to anyone, so don't feel so special about it. You act nice, I act nice. Simple as that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    yeah, how would you feel if you're picked as the winner and then got comments like "You got picked as the winner because the voters feel pity on you".

That. Seriously, people are so insensitive. The winner probably worked just as hard on their picture as any other entry, and I think it looks fine.
    Just because you people think that it doesn't look exactly like the loading screens we have now, you hate it? That's just stupid.
    They didn't vote on it cause of pity, they voted on it cause it fit the theme and was cute artwork.
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I like to draw enough to call myself an artist, and if my friends picked me as winner just because:

-you're my friend!
    -you're my friend's friend!
    -you're my son's / daughter's friend!
    -I dont know you. I just got told by my friend to vote you.
    -oh? so you're the one that made me got this items your friend gave me?
    -because I like you.
    -is it matters? *humps you*
    -your drawing is sooo adorable, fvck with the theme, your drawing is awesome and no need a theme.

I would punch them all one by one in the teeth. Seriously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Letting the forum community choose is a very very bad idea. Easy reasons:

1st: too much fan boy behavior. Ppl would prefer pictures of ppl they already know (from spamming in forum or in wc).

2nd: Ppl in forum DO NOT (!!!) reflect the majority in game (even when they perma-believe this). Most spammers here are even proud telling in every 2nd thread that they dont play this game anymore. Must be a sad life to stay here anyway...)

Creating a funny artwork is WAY MORE DIFFICULT than creating pseudo-erotic pics which e.g. Lingzi created. Tbh for me is e.g. the b/w picture extremely ugly and the other one just boring. They do not transport anything and have no spirit. I'm sure most ppl who like it just like it cz they r spammers like lingzi was. Even when those ppl even dont know it by theirself or not admit it.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    My bad for irritating you, had no intention. Just tired of some of the posters making such stupid assumptions.

You wanna know something else thats tiring as well? People making assumptions over people assuming too much. You.
    Come on, really. I know your arguement and I respected it and never was rude but this is far from a big issue. I will admit with all your efforts they may make a random splash screen randomizing from a few of the contestants.

You respected nothing with your first post. You called Lingzi a poor loser, bloodrain a know-it-all brown nose and while doing so were condescending and contradicted yourself by being full of yourself telling other people what to do in regards of other people's argument that you supposed "respected" ? pffff

To refresh your memory:

and

For the record, if you enter a competition you go in it to win it, or else what's the point ?
    Have you checked a dictionary lately? Competion = competing

Losing isn't fun. Period.
    expressing that, is normal. Nowhere, did lingzi or anyone else for that matter disrespect or bash at anyone else's entry. they just differ in opinion on who SHOULD have won.
    a.k.a the point of this thread.

You missed alot, respecting other people and not making a fool out of yourself.

b:bye
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • lordhanzo
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Nowhere, did lingzi or anyone else for that matter disrespect or bash at anyone else's entry.

Bubble's intention is nice, and this Thread was a nice discussion until Lingzi came and wrote:

what the heck that supposed to mean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    what the heck that supposed to mean?

I said, "disrespect or bash their ENTRY".

What does it mean? effed if i knew, i'm not lingzi, lol.

what i can only guess is that it's somewhere indeed being a bit butthurt.
    and even so, i would be too if i didn't win in something i was ambitious and/or competitive in.

Next to that, it can also be a simple question. "did you guys -really- like the entry? or just being nice and open minded?" She/he obviously does not like the winner's entry.
    to each his own.

do remember ya'll are saying art has no distinct good or right and van gogh, Monet and da vinci had haters as well as praisers.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
  • lordhanzo
    edited February 2012
    Options
    What does it mean? effed if i knew, i'm not lingzi, lol.

You like to play with words I see.

what i can only guess is that it's somewhere indeed being a bit butthurt.
    and even so, i would be too if i didn't win in something i was ambitious and/or competitive in.

There are 2 types of ppl who lose in a competition:
    1./ Congratulations, sucks I didn't win, I will try better and beat you next time. (whats wrong with my entry? why my entry didnt get picked as the winner? whats the missing points in my entry?), critics and comments are welcomed!
    2./ There must be a conspiracy, all the ppl who supports the winner isn't rly supporting, Imma go make a survey to all of them wether they rly supports him/her or not; and I'm going rampage and make all ppl say I'm the one who must be the winner.
    Next to that, it can also be a simple question. "did you guys -really- like the entry? or just being nice and open minded?" She/he obviously does not like the winner's entry.

it's not a simple qs, it's a qs directed to those who vote "yes, I like the winner's art".
    it will be a simple qs if it directed to everyone with no tags.

Thus, making her looks like a sore looser.

If you need someone or everyone to prove it on a voting thingy, then there's something wrong with you.
    1./ She herself think that voting has a lot of hole, and she needs a prove that the result is "valid".
    2./ Why only asked the qs to those who vote on the winner?
    Why not asked it in reverse way? "all of you who voted I should be the winner, are you guys really mean it or just being nice to me?"
    3./ She just proved voting is a very bad system in-directly, making this Thread is pointless.

to each his own.

PWE Staffs is being a judge here, they liked the winner's art concept. They are the judge. Everyone who submitted their art should know this from the very beginning. Deal with it.

And plus, with you saying that, you should not made any comment on who PWE Staff should pick as the winner.
    If you think Lingzi deserve to be the winner, than keep it on your mind, Each to his own.
    Celebrate it yourself, or with your friends, or with Lingzi, or whatever.

PWE Staff owned this competition, so, yeah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You like to play with words I see.

Love it.

There are 2 types of ppl who lose in a competition:
    1./ Congratulations, sucks I didn't win, I will try better and beat you next time. (whats wrong with my entry? why my entry didnt get picked as the winner? whats the missing points in my entry?), critics and comments are welcomed!
    2./ There must be a conspiracy, all the ppl who supports the winner isn't rly supporting, Imma go make a survey to all of them wether they rly supports him/her or not; and I'm going rampage and make all ppl say I'm the one who must be the winner..

Or
    3] ***! i lost, this soooo majorly sucks, Winner isn't even good! wth?? *fume**pissed**grumble* "look whoopteedoo you won. but my personal opinion is your entry sucked.
    4] **** it, i lost. this sucks, what ever man. winner isn't even good.

There are so many variables and ways in losing, it isn't even funny.

I've entered competitions where i couldn't care less who won, i had fun.
    and there are also times i got hella mad when i didn't because out of a personal point of view the winner, wuite frankly, sucked.

Or are you suggesting, there are only 2 stereotypes and that's the end of it?

it's not a simple qs, it's a qs directed to those who vote "yes, I like the winner's art".
    it will be a simple qs if it directed to everyone with no tags.

Thus, making her looks like a sore looser.

If you need someone or everyone to prove it on a voting thingy, then there's something wrong with you.
    1./ She herself think that voting has a lot of hole, and she needs a prove that the result is "valid".
    2./ Why only asked the qs to those who vote on the winner?
    Why not asked it in reverse way? "all of you who voted I should be the winner, are you guys really mean it or just being nice to me?"
    3./ She just proved voting is a very bad system in-directly, making this Thread is pointless.

Quote frankly and in my honest opinion, even IF lingzi was the OP of this thread it wouldn't make a difference. suuuuuure, i'll agree to that extent it isn't very smart BUT in my eyes she'd only be a sore and poor loser if she or he would actually go about their way trying to STILL get put into first place or would be mean to original people who won. which in this case i havent seen happening.

even there. the standards of which someone is labeled a sore or poor loser, is different yet again.

PWE Staffs is being a judge here, they liked the winner's art concept. They are the judge. Everyone who submitted their art should know this from the very beginning. Deal with it.

And plus, with you saying that, you should not made any comment on who PWE Staff should pick as the winner.
    If you think Lingzi deserve to be the winner, than keep it on your mind, Each to his own.

PWE Staff owned this competition, so, yeah.

So, yeah, i do think your either mistaking me for someone else or for taking out your frustration with other people on me because i havent mentioned anything about my personal preference in this entire competition or it's entries. Nor did i say anything about PWI's standards in picking said winner.

All i did was call Tatuaje on her hypocrisy towards other people.

Oh yeah... one more thing.
    Might i just call you out on your own contradiction?
    Bubble's intention is nice, and this Thread was a nice discussion.

You thought it was a nice discussion, untill lingzi came in.

Yet if we want express ourselves in it we should keep it to ourselves and shouldn't?
    When exactly this thread was about who people feel should of won?
    Left, right ? straight, backwards ?

Or rather **** backwards ?

Still like my playing with words ?b:cute

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]