Archer Endgame Builds

Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Archer
-- Endgame Builds --

Notes:
- Archer buffs at level 10.
- Item bonuses are minimized, meaning applicable builds can be rerolled to be a bit stronger. In particular, the Firmament (R9-S3) bow can be rerolled to have up to 15 more Attack Levels.

- Sky Splitter Set (R9-S3) / Sky Splitter (R9-S3)

TBD

- Sky Splitter Set (R9-S3) / Firmament (R9-S3)

TBD

- Sky Splitter Set (R9-S3) / Jaden Emperor's Defiance (Nrv-S3)

TBD

- Sky Splitter Set (R9-S3) / Flowing Stardust (WS-S2)

TBD

- Skyfaller's Empire Set (R9-S3) / Sky Splitter (R9-S3)

TBD

- Skyfaller's Empire Set (R9-S3) / Firmament (R9-S3)

Build - http://pwcalc.com/7756033db8a5c555
Physical Attack: 17065-24183 - Crit: 46% - APS: 0.83 /sec - Attack Lvl: 140
HP: 14444 - Defense Level: 37 - Resist Damage: 200
Avg DPH: 20,624.00 w/ 140 Atk Lvl - Avg DPH w/ Crit: 30,111.04 w/ 140 Atk Lvl
Avg DPS: 17,117.92 w/ 140 Atk Lvl - Avg DPS w/ Crit: 24,992.16 w/ 140 Atk Lvl
Procs: Spirit Blackhole

- Skyfaller's Empire Set (R9-S3) / Jaden Emperor's Defiance (Nrv-S3)

Build - http://pwcalc.com/a5ee1c7e544e5de0
Physical Attack: 16860-23480 - Crit: 44% - APS: 0.80 /sec - Attack Lvl: 130
HP: 14476 - Defense Level: 37 - Resist Damage: 200
Avg DPH: 20,170.00 w/ 130 Atk Lvl - Avg DPH w/ Crit: 29,044.80 w/ 130 Atk Lvl
Avg DPS: 16,136.00 w/ 130 Atk Lvl - Avg DPS w/ Crit: 23,235.84 w/ 130 Atk Lvl
Procs: None

- Skyfaller's Empire Set (R9-S3) / Flowing Stardust (WS-S2)

TBD

- Awakened Ashura Set (Nrv-S3) / Skysplitter (R9-S3)

TBD

- Awakened Ashura Set (Nrv-S3) / Firmament (R9-S3)

Build - http://pwcalc.com/264856461f31d0cc
Physical Attack: 15016-21280 - Crit: 38% - APS: 0.74 /sec - Attack Lvl: 127
HP: 12185 - Defense Level: 22 - Resist Damage: 200
Avg DPH: 18,148.00 w/ 127 Atk Lvl - Avg DPH w/ Crit: 25,044.24 w/ 127 Atk Lvl
Avg DPS: 13,429.52 w/ 127 Atk Lvl - Avg DPS w/ Crit: 18,532.74 w/ 127 Atk Lvl
Procs: Spirit Blackhole

- Awakened Ashura Set (Nrv-S3) / Jaden Emperor's Defiance (Nrv-S3)

Build - http://pwcalc.com/b6dc7470b74bb9fa
Physical Attack: 14858-20692 - Crit: 37% - APS: 0.71 /sec - Attack Lvl: 117
HP: 12216 - Defense Level: 22 - Resist Damage: 200
Avg DPH: 17,775.05 w/ 117 Atk Lvl - Avg DPH w/ Crit: 24,351.75 w/ 117 Atk Lvl
Avg DPS: 12,620.29 w/ 117 Atk Lvl - Avg DPS w/ Crit: 17,289.74 w/ 117 Atk Lvl
Procs: None

- Awakened Ashura Set (Nrv-S3) / Flowing Stardust (WS-S2)

TBD

-- APS and You --

Often times, fellow archers will ask if they should restat to use fists/claws. Regardless of whether or not you think fists/claws are viable, the fact is that you can equip such equipment without having to change your stat build. So the question really becomes: do I want to add versatality to my archer?

To equip fists / claws, you play a puzzle game that involves the following three issues:
- Get enough -interval gear to be at 5 a/s.
- Get enough Strength to wear fist / claws.
- Maximizing the number of Rank or Nirvana armor pieces to maximize set bonuses.

Interval gear has been discussed exhaustively on this forum and will not be rehashed here. Demon Archers have the advantage here b/c of the Demon Eruption spark. This translates to Demons's being able to retain more set bonuses from the R9 / Nirvana gear.

Sources of Strength comes from Jewel Engraving (Rings, Belts, and Necklaces!!), and from other equipment. Below is an example list.

- Band from Heaven's Jail - http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8386
- Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade - http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21419
- A tome with that boosts Strength
- A helm which adds Strength, such as Helmet of Lion Spirit (http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8346) or Warsoul of Earth (http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20457)
- Sky Demon's Pearl - http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/8368
- Lionheart Belt - http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/15016

This is a sample 5.0 build based on the Skyfaller's Empire R9-S3 set build above - http://pwcalc.com/0f55d7121017013f . Note that the base Strength value did not change at all. Thus, a pure dex character can still equip fists / claws. With the new Engraving for Necklaces and Belts, it should no longer be difficult to get the extra Strength.

As for the fists / claws themselves, there are a few choices. Below is sorted by least damage to greatest.

- Gorenox Vanity / Deicides (These two do comparable damage at +10 refines)
- Nirvana Stage 2 with the Attack Level add-on.
- Warsoul Stage 1
- Nirvana Stage 3
- Warsoul Stage 2

TT100 fists and Stage 1 Nirvana are north worth it. Note that even though Warsoul does more damage, they cannot have the -interval property.

There are many combinations to get to 5.0, and it highly depends on your cultivation. Have fun!
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ineye11
    ineye11 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    No no no and no

SIGH at least pull one correct OMG wtf is up with you

R8 + R9 combination is squishy as ** remove it.

Why i don't see lunar int robe.

Where 's the pure dex R8 build.

Where's the 130 attk lvl build.

Archers don't claw unless ****** remove claw.

If u want to contribute do it properly
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Nicely done, Lady Elena.

The one thing I'd like to add is that if one wants, they could go for the Lunar gold -int cape as it has a higher grade for slightly more HP than the trophy cape at max refines and the ability to use Jades in it as opposed to the vit stone limitation of the trophy cape. There is the drawback of a lower stat boost, however, which would make equipping fists/claws for 5.0 slightly more annoying.
  • ineye11
    ineye11 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    Nicely done, Lady Elena.

The one thing I'd like to add is that if one wants, they could go for the Lunar gold -int cape as it has a higher grade for slightly more HP than the trophy cape at max refines and the ability to use Jades in it as opposed to the vit stone limitation of the trophy cape. There is the drawback of a lower stat boost, however, which would make equipping fists/claws for 5.0 slightly more annoying.

Wtf u again b:bye

TROLOLOLO
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I have an mdef cube necky instead of a pdef one, since Sky Cover gives a healthy amount of pdef. I'm not sure that's optimal but it evens out the resists.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Nicely done, Lady Elena.

I thought I pointed out the difference between Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade and Energetic Robe: Wraithgate. Is there some other cape I'm missing?

- Aesthor - Oh, I assumed everyone went with Physical Defense. I'll modify that.
  • truekossy
    edited February 2012
    I have an mdef cube necky instead of a pdef one, since Sky Cover gives a healthy amount of pdef. I'm not sure that's optimal but it evens out the resists.

Personally, I find phys better because outside of sutra and certain apoths, magic defense charms tend to do the job well against things that would worry me in comparision to how fast phys defense charms get burned against predominant melee if I were to try to use them frequently in PK (aside from certain obvious things). But now that you've brought it up, it would be a great idea for someone who could afford it to carry both physical and magical cube necks that they could swap around as the situation warranted.

@Elena: This cape. Since it's G13, it can have Jades and the higher refines but at the cost of losing the str bonus from a trophy cape which may make it slightly more annoying to get the str needed for fists. That and price differences, etc.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012

Yeah that's probably better but I really hate sins so went full pdef lol..
    One day my mres will be fixed by R9 recast!

Anyway this is really good documentation of the endgame builds. I liked the discussion of variations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited February 2012
    @Elena: This cape. Since it's G13, it can have Jades and the higher refines but at the cost of losing the str bonus from a trophy cape which may make it slightly more annoying to get the str needed for fists. That and price differences, etc.

Wow, I didn't even know about that cape at all. Hmm...

On an unrelated note, should I replace the TT99 HA neck / belt for the Pure R8 build with Cube neck / Warsong belt?
  • truekossy
    edited February 2012
    I'd replace the neck but not belt. It seems like part of the point of that build would be to maximize the amount of dex you can have and the TT99 belt helps with that goal due to its str bonus. Considering that the cube neck is superior to the belt anyways in terms of defense, having just the neck would make more sense than having just the belt.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    Yeah that's probably better but I really hate sins so went full pdef lol..
    One day my mres will be fixed by R9 recast!

Anyway this is really good documentation of the endgame builds. I liked the discussion of variations.

Sins are really annoying, but I've always built my character around TW. That's why I went DoTs as well (let's admit...DoTs **** in TW, but really suck in PK). In TW, I have expel to take care of physical based damage and I often get killed by psychics.

Although there's only one psychic that kills me....hmm...

Edit: Really? That's censored? -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Archers' worst enemy in TW is probably still another archer.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • truekossy
    edited February 2012
    Archers' worst enemy in TW is probably still another archer.

I thought it was a tie between lag and getting bad luck.
    edited February 2012
    Actually, Pure R8 should have the Nirvana cape.

So, changes so far:

- Cube Magical neck instead of Physical (or at least just mention it, even if I don't change the build link).
    - Cube Neck for Pure R8 build.
    - Nirvana Cape for Pure R8 build.
    - Maybe: Warsong belt for Pure R8 build. Should I use the G16 one? Or is that unreasonable? I've never done any research on the Warsong Belt, as I was always going to use TT99 HA.
    - Maybe: OHT belt for Pure R8 variation
    - Mention Lunar G13 cape in every section that uses Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade.

Anything else?
  • truekossy
    edited February 2012
    Only thing I can consider right now is adding that if you get insanely lucky, you can potentially have 5 base str on the pure R8 build without needing to use a tome for extra str.

Though in terms of belt, it may be a personal preference, but I prefer the Jungle belts to Warsong ones.
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    the optimal is ofcourse to have both g16 pdef and mdef one, and a few different rings, to equip for the situation needed.
    for the most part would wear the pdef one, then if some hax arcane hit obviously equip mdef. same goes for blessing usually i always use jj, then omalley when kiting away.

personally I use the g16 pdef +12, and i would never trade it to a mdef(well its also bound), however i might get a mdef too. It's very rare i actually need the mdef, it's only a few that bothers me, mdef charms does the job for tw.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

edited February 2012
    Only thing I can consider right now is adding that if you get insanely lucky, you can potentially have 5 base str on the pure R8 build without needing to use a tome for extra str.

You mean via Ring Engraving and R8 recast? I'm not sure how you can get 30 Str total without a tome - the tome I have there gives Dex.

Though in terms of belt, it may be a personal preference, but I prefer the Jungle belts to Warsong ones.

Maybe I should create a section that just contains good gear, instead of having to repeat myself over and over again in each section.
  • truekossy
    edited February 2012
    You mean via Ring Engraving and R8 recast? I'm not sure how you can get 30 Str total without a tome - the tome I have there gives Dex.
    Just engraving, though it requires some crazy luck (5% chance for 2 adds and 5% chance per str one. You'd need 3 str adds to do it so... yeah.)

Maybe I should create a section that just contains good gear, instead of having to repeat myself over and over again in each section.
    This... would actually be rather handy and save you some time since that way all the optional things (pdef vs mdef neck, warsong vs jungle, choice of cape, etc) can all be covered in one area while you get the basics on the builds dealt with.
    edited February 2012
    I should have used Sky Cover for the Interval R8 and Pure R8 builds.

For the R9 build, should I use Sky Cover instead of General's Badge?
    edited February 2012
    Ya I see more r9 archers with sky cover than with 2 rank rings.

If you have 1 +12 sky cover and an R9 ring the difference between an mres and a pdef g16 neck buffed is:

G16 +12 pdef: 18k pdef 8.8k mres
    G16 +12 mres: 13k pdef 11.2k mres

with 2 +12 sky covers it's:

G16 +12 pdef: 22k pdef 8.8k mres
    G16 +12 mres: 17k pdef 11.2k mres

No matter what you're trading 5k pdef for 2.5k mres. It doesn't really seem like a fair trade when you need both <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    t you're trading 5k pdef for 2.5k mres. It doesn't really seem like a fair trade when you need both <_<

How much damage is reduced by those extra defences though? I'm way too lazy to work it out b:cute
    edited February 2012
    I'm confused.

I'm just asking if I should replace the General's Badge (r8 ring) with Sky Cover, independent of necklace.

Should the neck influence the choice between these two rings? Or are you talking about the Seal of Eternal Solitude?
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    I'm confused.

I'm just asking if I should replace the General's Badge (r8 ring) with Sky Cover, independent of necklace.

Should the neck influence the choice between these two rings? Or are you talking about the Seal of Eternal Solitude?

R8 ring does not provide +50% accuracy and therefore should not be in PvP builds unless you're that poor. Sky Cover also gives more damage than R8.
  • truekossy
    edited February 2012
    It's an optional thing you can switch out at will.

Most will prefer to have a Sky Cover over the R8 badge when in PvP thanks to the defense and accuracy and, if they use R8 ring, will use it strictly for PvE.
    edited February 2012
    I'm confused.

Yes replace the r8 ring with sky cover or lunar. Most r9 archers go for a pdef cube neck with an r9 ring and a sky cover. Sky cover matches the offense of an r8 ring but with much better defense.

I'd also say an mres cube neck should only be done with 2 pdef rings. That can be a variation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Okay, that clarified things. Thanx everyone.

See, this is why I never give out PvP advice.
  • MaGu$iK - Archosaur
    MaGu$iK - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    hi this is the build, I'm slowly going for:

http://pwcalc.com/f4d0f4d5d56fe422

It looks to be a TW wrecker , atleast on paper

I wonder how 130 attack levles go through full JoSD players, not to mention non r9 ones
    edited February 2012
    Updated with changes. My goal is to make each build section to be stand-alone, so that you don't have to go to another section for reference, or refer to something in a previous build section. I'm somewhat disappointed at how much extraneous text I have at the beginning.

I'm too lazy to link every item I've mentioned to PW Database, but the perfectionist in me says I must do so. Ugh.

@MaGu$iK - Yeah, attack shards is a possibility that I mentioned near the beginning. At first I wanted to have all the shards be empty since people will undoubtedly complain about which is better, but then I decided to put *something* in there is better than leaving it empty.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited February 2012
    hi this is the build, I'm slowly going for:

http://pwcalc.com/f4d0f4d5d56fe422

It looks to be a TW wrecker , atleast on paper

I wonder how 130 attack levles go through full JoSD players, not to mention non r9 ones

To be competitive with DoT sharding you really need +11/12 b:lipcurl
  • truekossy
    edited February 2012
    I'm too lazy to link every item I've mentioned to PW Database, but the perfectionist in me says I must do so. Ugh.

Challenge Accepted!
    [COLOR="Cyan"][SIZE="4"]--  Endgame Builds  --[/SIZE][/COLOR]

The purpose of this thread is to provide sample endgame builds, which seems to be a more common question nowadays.  I haven't achieved the best builds yet, so this is a disclaimer indicating that most of this is theory-crafting.

Keep in mind that if you can afford +10 Refines and Vit Stones in your non-Rank 9 build, then you probably have enough coin to reinvest / merchant to get Rank 9 gear.

General information:

- Minimum Strength for armor/helm, Maximum Dex, no points allocated into or deallocated from Vit.

- Archer buffs are at level 10 in the pwcalc.com builds.  Since this guide is intended to cater to both Demon and Sage, I'm not going to bother with providing multiple builds just for differing skill bonuses.

- Non-cheap builds have Refines at +10, Weapons with [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/1998]Garnet Gems[/url], and Armors with 3 or 4 [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/12637]Stone of Savants[/url].  Tautologically speaking, better refines are better.  Furthermore, you can experiment with various shard combinations using [URL=http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html]Asterelle's Socket Calculator[/URL].  [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25154]Jade of Steady Defense[/url] are normally better, and some of you may go with [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21377]Diamond of Tiger[/url] instead.

- Cheap builds have Refines at +6, Weapons with [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/6370]Perfect Garnets[/url], and Armors with 3 or 4 [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/6386]Immaculate Citrines[/url].

- For reference, Rank 9 always comes in four sockets.  Rank 8 Chest and Leggings can be bought repeatedly until you get 4 sockets, so those will always have 4 sockets available.  I have no idea about Rank 8 [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32701]Wrists[/url] / [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32717]Boots[/url], so I will simply give them 3 sockets.

- Some variations of the equipment choices will be discussed (rings, robes or helms).  So just because the link I gave for the build does not have your desired equipment pieces does not mean it is infeasible / bad / I am insulting to your personal intelligence.

- The arrows are the best ones you can get at the Blacksmiths in Archosaur.  Only use them for special occasions, as you usually use normal arrows for basic PvE.

- Some builds will have a fist/claw variation (for both demon and sage), allowing you 5 attacks per second.  The variations require no restatting of the character stats, just swapping of gear.  Demon fist/claw builds have more gear variety since the spark provides a speed bonus.  Sage fist/claw builds have higher defense in general because the spark bonus provides a defense bonus (note that this bonus is overwritten by Regeneration Aura / Blue Bubble).  Personally, I find swapping large amounts of gear to be incredibly annoying, so I normally restat a bunch of Dex into Str.  However, a lot of players prefer to maximize Dexterity, so I am providing the fist/claw variations.

- For fists / claws, I would recommend either [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16104]Deicides[/url] or Nirvana [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25682]fist[/url] / [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25680]claws[/url].  [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16110]Gorenox Vanity[/url] loses out against Deicides at high refines because Deicides refine very well.  I know in the past I recommended [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14874]Striking Dragons[/url] to folks, but I had made a mistake and only looked at mid-level refines, not high ones.

Useful Links:
    - [URL=http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html]Asterelle's Socket Calculator[/URL]
    - [URL=http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=541751]Warren Wolfy's Refining Guide[/URL]
    - [URL=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/]PW Database[/URL]

[COLOR="Cyan"][SIZE="4"]--  Rank 9 Build  --[/SIZE][/COLOR]

- Build Link: [url]http://pwcalc.com/15a54b5a66e6a4a8[/url]

This would be the best of all builds, bearing in mind that you can improve it with better shards and refines.

Variation on gear:
    - Robe - [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21419]Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade[/url], or [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/27711]Lunar: Mantle of Radiance[/url].  Of note, Lunar: Mantle of Radiance is grade 13, so it can use [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25154]Jade of Steady Defense[/url].
    - Hat - If you don't mind giving up some Dexterity to put into Strength (for example, you plan to use Fists / Claws), you can get [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20457]Warsoul of Earth[/url] or even [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20256]Forest's Wisdom[/url].
    - Neck - [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/23617]Magical version[/url] of [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/23614]Puzzle Cube Badge: Broken[/url].  If the loss of physical defense upsets you, you can replace the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/28607]Ring of Trauma[/url] with another [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/26388]Sky Cover[/url].

[COLOR="White"][Size=2]Demon Fist/Claw Variation[/Size][/COLOR]

- Build Link: [url]http://pwcalc.com/cc6902f3bb4c92ca[/url]

This has 4 aps base, 5 aps sparked.  As you can see, a lot of gear was swapped out in order to get the required Strength to wield [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16104]Deicides[/url].

There is actually a lot a variation with this build:
    - You can get a different helm with a higher Strength bonus (such as an [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20328]OHT helm[/url]), though it will most likely not be as good as the Warsoul of Earth helm.
    - If you get lucky with some [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/engravement]Ring Engraving[/url], you can have both rings with additional +Strength bonuses.  This would then allow you to keep some of your original gear (see next bullet point).
    - 4 pieces of Rank 9 gear (excluding Ring) gives you +10 Attack Levels as a set bonus.  I would highly recommend investing in Ring Engraving so that you can keep the R9 belt on.  This is a bonus only Demon Archers can achieve, as Sage Fist / Claw cannot realistically get 4 pieces of R9 and still have 5 attacks per second.
    - [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16110]Gorenox Vanity[/url] has a lower Strength requirement than Deicide, and you will still have 5 attacks per second.  However, your damage is lowered a bit at high refines because Deicides really shine at those higher refines.
    - Nirvana [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25682]fist[/url] / [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25680]claws[/url] are feasible; you can even use a Nirvana fist / claw without any -interval bonus.  To do this, you'd need to use the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/15004]Lionheart Necklace[/url] as well as the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/15016]Lionheart Belt[/url], to make up for the -interval (and scrounge up some more Strength, somehow).  If you want the 4 piece R9 set bonus of +10 Attack Levels, then you will need at least one -0.05 interval bonus on the fist / claw.

[COLOR="White"][Size=2]Sage Fist/Claw Variation[/Size][/COLOR]

- Build Link: [url]http://pwcalc.com/e45f50286102422e[/url]

This is 5 aps base.  As you can see, a lot of gear was swapped out in order to get the required Strength to wield Deicides.  You need to use the TT99 HA bonus that comes from the ornaments, and so you will lose the strength bonus from the loss of the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8368]Sky Demon's Pearl[/url] (compared to Demon fist / claws).  Furthermore, you'll need to do Ring Engraving to get some extra Strength, or find a helm with more Strength bonuses.  [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20328]OHT helms[/url] would be an example of a helm with extra Strength.

If you swap out the boots and wrists for TT99 counterparts, you can use Nirvana fist / claws that have a single -0.05 interval bonus.  The only R9 gear you'd be wearing are the ring and [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/28585]leggings[/url].

[COLOR="Cyan"][SIZE="4"]--  Interval Rank 8  --[/SIZE][/COLOR]

- Build Link: [url]http://pwcalc.com/d5d8b739fd5612fa[/url]

Some variation of this build is probably the most common endgame gear you see archers wearing (though most likely with a lot less refines and lesser shards).  The exact variation is dependent on character income, sage vs. demon, and/or whether or not the archer uses fists / claw or pure bow.  For example, many Demon archers will use the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/12696]R8 leggings[/url] instead.

Variations on gear:
    - Tome - You can get a better tome, such as [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/17683]one with[/url] -[url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/17684]interval[/url].
    - Robe - [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21395]Energetic Robe: Wraithgate[/url], or [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/27711]Lunar: Mantle of Radiance[/url].  Of note, Lunar: Mantle of Radiance is grade 13, so it can use [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25154]Jade of Steady Defense[/url].
    - Leggings - R8 Leggings, [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/28585]R9 leggings[/url].  If you don't mind giving up a single source of -0.05 interval, then go with R8 leggings.  If you plan on going R9, then I suggest using the R9 leggings instead of the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25691]Nirvana[/url] ones.  If you plan on sharing gear with your Assassin on the same account, I recommend getting the Nirvana ones as in the link above.  If you plan on doing both, well, then you'll need both anyways.
    - Helm - The minimum Strength needed for this build is due to the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20457]Warsoul of Earth[/url] helm.  If you decide to go with a helm with lower Strength requirements ([url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16009]Shining Snow Helm[/url], [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25690]Nirvana helm[/url], [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8346]Helm of Lion Spirit[/url]), then you can lower the Strength accordingly and have more Dexterity.

[COLOR="White"][Size=2]Demon Fist/Claw Variation[/Size][/COLOR]

- Build Link: [url]http://pwcalc.com/28d9bccbcee91e46[/url]

This is 4 aps base, 5 aps sparked.  I replaced the leggings with the R8 ones because those are a lot cheaper, and is more typical for Demon archers.

There are a lot of variations with this build:
    - You can forgo one source of -0.05 interval and still have permanent sparking.  For example, you can replace the belt and necklace with [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/23614]Cube Necklace[/url] and [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/24689]Warsong Belt[/url] or [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/28296]Jungle Belt[/url], or you can replace the cape if you find it too expensive and cannot get the Energetic Robe: Wraithgate version.  These are just examples, and you have a lot of leeway to experiment.
    - [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16110]Gorenox Vanity[/url] has a lower Strength requirement than [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16104]Deicide[/url], and you will still have 5 attacks per second.  However, your damage is lowered a bit at high refines because Deicides really shine at those higher refines.
    - Obtaining a tome with the -interval bonus adds even more variety in gear choices.

[COLOR="White"][Size=2]Sage Fist/Claw Variation[/Size][/COLOR]

- Build Link: [url]http://pwcalc.com/637c748c975313fd[/url]

This is 5 aps base.

You can play around with different gear choices only if you get the a tome with -interval, which is very costly.  This makes Nirvana [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25682]fist[/url] / [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25680]claws[/url] a realistic possibility.

[COLOR="Cyan"][SIZE="4"]--  Pure Rank 8  --[/SIZE][/COLOR]

- Build Link: [url]http://pwcalc.com/c730379ae548df66[/url]

This build uses full R8 armors.  The advantage of this build is that the R8 armor has no Strength requirement.  Thus, the only pieces of gear with Strength requirements are the bow and headgear.  R8 Bow has a 50 Strength requirement, so I chose the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20267]Ence's Scar[/url] arcane hat for the headgear, which has a 52 Strength requirement.  At high refines, it beats out any other helm with a Strength requirement near 50.  Anyways, with only 52 Strength, this build has over 50 more Dexterity compared to all other builds.  However, as a trade off, it has lower attack speed for normal attacks and cannot be realistically modified to use fists / claws.

Variations on gear:
    - Tome - You can get a better tome, such as [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/17683]one with[/url] -[url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/17684]interval[/url].
    - Robe - [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21419]Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade[/url], [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21395]Energetic Robe: Wraithgate[/url], [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/27711]Lunar: Mantle of Radiance[/url], [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/9373]Cape of Elite Leather[/url].  Of note, Lunar: Mantle of Radiance is grade 13, so it can use [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25154]Jade of Steady Defense[/url].
    - Belt - [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/24689]Warsong Belt[/url] (any variety), [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/28293]Eye of the Jungle[/url] (either variety), [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/20953]Guard of Thundershock[/url] / [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20957]Paradise Sachet[/url].

[COLOR="White"][Size=2]No Fist/Claw Variation[/Size][/COLOR]

Pure Rank 8 does not have any Fist/Claw variation.  The main advantage of the Pure Rank 8 build is that you can restat a lot of Strength into Dexterity (compared to the other builds on this guide).  Thus, you will not have the Strength necessary to wear any reasonable fists / claws.  I suppose you can put on some [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8288]very low level fist / claws[/url] for chi gain.

[COLOR="Cyan"][SIZE="4"]--  Cheap Rank 8  --[/SIZE][/COLOR]

- Build Link: [url]http://pwcalc.com/c68c9ac188c485a2[/url]

Cheap Rank 8 is exactly that - a cheap build using R8 gear.  Some people would not consider +6 refines to be cheap, but you can get that by just using Mirage Celestones and [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/12750]Tienkang Stones[/url].  Sure, it may take a while, but if this is your endgame build, you may as well try to get refines to +6.  Any higher, though, and I recommend you aim for a better build.

Variations on gear:
    - Robe - If you for some reason cannot obtain the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21395]Energetic Robe: Wraithgate[/url, then you can use the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/9373]Cape of Elite Leather[/url] instead.
    - Helm - Some prefer to use the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8347]Helm of Aqua Viciousness[/url] instead of [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8346]Helm of Lion Spirit[/url].  I won't touch that debate with a [url=http://www.magiclegends.com/media/MM/Appearing8FootPole077.jpg]9-foot staff[/url].  If you do get the Helm of Lion Spirit, aim for one with max stats.
    - Ring - The [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8386]Band from Heaven's Jail[/url] can be replaced with something else, though most alternatives better than Band from Heaven's Jail are expensive (taking into account that this is supposed to be a cheap build).  If you do use the Band from Heaven's Jail, aim for max stats.

Note: I'd really like to replace the boots with something else, but unfortunately there aren't that many good Light Armor boots that are cheap.  It's possible to get the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/10156]Boots of Dark Portentworld[/url], but this requires you to somehow obtain the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/3378]7 Demonol docs[/url] and then clear all the bosses Abaddon, one of which has physical immunity.

Cheap Rank 8 does not have any Fist/Claw variation, as it does not have the necessary -interval bonuses to make permanent sparking possible.

[COLOR="Cyan"][SIZE="4"]--  Cheap Build  --[/SIZE][/COLOR]

- Build Link: [url]http://pwcalc.com/fc8ec7a44f579f77[/url]

This is the cheapest build I would even consider.

Variations on gear:
    - Bow - You can replace [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14896]Dragonbow: Nameless[/url] with [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/16086]Heaven Shatterer[/url], I suppose, though Heaven Shatterer is fairly expensive for what is supposed to be a cheap build.  If you can afford Heaven Shatterer, I'd suggest saving up some more and just go with the Cheap Rank 8 build.
    - Chest - If Rank 6 is not within reach, you can get [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14974]Skywalker Chest[/url].
    - Leggings - If you do not get the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/12664]Rank 6 chest[/url], then do not bother with [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/26724]Rank 5 leggings[/url].  Get [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14980]Skywalker Shins[/url] instead.
    - If you for some reason cannot obtain the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/21395]Energetic Robe: Wraithgate[/url, then you can use the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/9373]Cape of Elite Leather[/url] instead.
    - Some prefer to use the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8347]Helm of Aqua Viciousness[/url] instead of [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8346]Helm of Lion Spirit[/url].  I won't touch that debate with a 9-foot staff.  If you do get the Helm of Lion Spirit, aim for one with max stats.
    - The [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8386]Band from Heaven's Jail[/url] can be replaced with something else, though most alternatives better than Band from Heaven's Jail are expensive (taking into account that this is supposed to be a cheap build).  If you do use the Band from Heaven's Jail, aim for max stats.

Note: I'd really like to replace the boots with something else, but unfortunately there aren't that many good Light Armor boots that are cheap.  It's possible to get the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/10156]Boots of Dark Portentworld[/url], but this requires you to somehow obtain the [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/3378]7 Demonol docs[/url] and then clear all the bosses Abaddon, one of which has physical immunity.

This build does not have any Fist/Claw variation, as it does not have the necessary -interval bonuses to make permanent sparking possible.

[COLOR="Cyan"][SIZE="4"]--  Cheaper Builds??  --[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I would not go any cheaper than the builds I listed above.  Yes, for PvE, you can get away with worse gear and still do fine.  However, part of the joy of RPGs is to gear up your character, and the purpose of this guide is provide higher quality endgame guilds for which to aim.  If you have a cheaper build and are happy with it, then good for you.  I do not believe it would belong in this guide, though.

.... I may have gone just a tad bit overboard with the whole... linking as much as possible while letting each section have all the information if it were read via ctrl F standalone thing... b:avoid

As for why I used the Lunar versions of Nirvana over TT ones whenever possible? I like the Lunar stuff more! Yay for 9-foot staffs!
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2012
    So mean, kossy :P Elena can't copy your codes cuz you put it in your quote tag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.