Dem Catalyst so Evilll

Options

Comments

• Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I was honestly impressed by Sacrement you guys had a very good turnout for the TW, it was definately one of the better turnouts I would say for the weekend beating both AL and Kylin for effectiveness of the members who showed up. It was a 1v2 war though and the other guild had 3 people in it total.

I was kind of dissapointed at the number of guilds who no showed, kind of sad to be honest to declare and then fail to attend you lose out on even the brief but quite amusing TW battles that the guilds who showed up recieved.
  • VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    And how is this different from Cata bragging about making 500 mil a week? Or going out with 4 R9's, pk'ing some TT99, then bragging about "how l33t" they are?

The difference is, my brags were trolls, while I don't know about yours.

And seriously, where are you getting this notion that I'm obsessing over you?

W. T. F.

So someone makes an accusation you think is wrong, so it gives you entitlement to call it stupid? That's a very narrow way of thinking, and actually convinces no one of your innocence, just that you're quick to get angry.

You seem to have a habit of just making flat-out accusations yourself, what does that make you?

Even afterlife had a person who fake-bid on Kylin one war. Was I or anyone in the faction responsible for his actions? Nope. No one of us would claim that we fake-bidded Kylin that week. It was Mr LLama's actions alone, even though he was in AL at the time as a cata barb.
    I would reply to so many things here if I cared, but I don't.

In other news, I watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpk61xc8KF4 today. Hella crazy stuff..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verdya - Harshlands
    Verdya - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I just now saw this post and I do want to clarify a few things. We did not bid with the rest of the people that planned to stack bids against Catalyst. I bid simply because I have a lot of new people in faction that have not TWed before (if you all remember, we haven't actually fought a war in about 4 months) and I wanted them to see what a TW is all about. I was the third person to bid on Catalyst, minimum 100k bid, and we were just looking for a good time, which we found. I wanted my people to know that there's no reason to be afraid of a r9 +12 character because they CAN be killed. It just takes a bit of teamwork and coordination. I was very worried about it when we got the Sunday morning TW; it was 5 am for my west coast players and shortly after the bidding closed I had several people that had signed up back out of it because of the hour. However, I do think that the schedule was just as much to our advantage as it was to our disadvantage, because it was also really early for Catalyst, and I knew that in their minds, there was no reason to wake up early for an 'easy win'. I was informed, after the TW, that up to that time, out of all of the TWs that Catalyst faced over the weekend, we were the ONLY ones that touched their crystal. My guys walked away from that TW very pleased with themselves. The few deaths that we did cause against Catalyst showed my guys that they could kill r9 people with a bit of team effort. We were very pleased with the outcome of the war, and only wish that it could have lasted longer.

Now, on the fake bidding bit of this thread, all I have to say is this. I don't know for sure if it was Catalyst fake bidding on themselves, or if it was someone that doesn't understand the way the stacking of wars works, or even if it was someone that just wanted to see Catalyst stay on the map. I know that 11 of the 20 bids were fake, and whoever did them accomplished exactly what they set out to do. I remember around this time last week when the server decided to come together and gank Zulu. They had 14 TWs in a single weekend - none fake - and won every single one of them. And Zulu, unlike Catalyst, had no problem sending as many people into a TW as they could. What you guys fail to realize is that Catalyst is a fairly small faction, they allow alts, and they house quite a few of them. Where as Sacrament has 200 members right now and only allows you to have 1 alt, we are much larger in comparison. Had our TW been in a 'normal' time slot, we could have easily had a full 80 members show up.

Another thing that I want to point out is that yes, the members of Catalyst have extremely OP gear, but you have to realize that just because they have that gear doesn't necessarily mean that they are all CSers. Once you have a few r9 chars on your accounts, farming for your alts is very easy, and means that you have to cash shop less than before. Most of Catalyst players, to my knowledge, really only cash shop to supply charms, fashion, or packs (which is quite an addiction in itself) for their own personal entertainment. I have no objections to cash shopping, and I don't think that you guys should either. I have known some really heavy cash shoppers in my days that have been banned, so to say that the GMs won't ban someone because they 'pay half of their salary' is wrong. They don't care how much money you put into the game, they will ban you if you break the rules, plain and simple.

And on my final note (and yes, I realize this is a really long post, but the guys in my faction know that I'm long-winded, lol) I do fully believe that Catalyst can be beaten. Maybe not by my faction, which is 75+, but it can be done. If people would just lose the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude and actually take a stand against them, they can be overpowered. And that WILL take stacking wars against them, without fake bids mixed in.

Verdya, Leader of Sacrament
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    People like Verdya and Jeffiner should post more. They actually make decent posts that are worth reading and are a nice change from the usual BS the likes of cimon, Neimroot, and certain others spout.

Also, I'm sorta bummed I skipped out on Sunday's 9am wars now. lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    people Like Verdya And jeffiner Should Post More. They Actually Make Decent Posts That Are Worth Reading And Are A Nice Change From The Usual bs The Likes Of Cimon, Neimroot, And Certain Others Spout.

Also, I'm Sorta Bummed I Skipped Out On Sunday's 9am Wars Now. Lol.

Occupy Perfect World Harshlands !!!!!!
  • Woneo - Lost City
    Woneo - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Occupy Perfect World Harshlands !!!!!!

Im sorry oko this is the best I can do.
  • VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Oko I still don't have my title...

Imsomadrightnow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Dumbass or however they spell it bid on Catalyst first. best way to not look like an idiot Mind Crime is to research your facts first. IJS

a lot of the group in Catalyst have been together since start of server. on 1 alt or another.

neimroot why the hell would catalyst bid on ourselves and ruin our entire weekend? it just doesnt make any sense at all. 9am tw is 6am for me ON A FING WEEKEND!!! oh hell no we did not do that **** to ourselves.

Curses if you werent already married i would have made a male char to marry you.b:cute

if you peoples dedicated as much time learn how to tw properly as you do to QQ ing and making up stories/excuse why you fail so hard, you might actually win a tw.

i have never cash shopped a penny. my gear is less than average and very low refines. no idea why they let me in guild other than i think they feel sorry for me?? and yet i can smash some of the pro r9 peoples. my advice to anyone wanting to take down Catalyst... Learn To Play!! Don't live in frost. Kill mobs. Relax.
    the good Starr
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    MindCrime - Harshlands Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Dumbass or however they spell it bid on Catalyst first. best way to not look like an idiot Mind Crime is to research your facts first. IJS

Lol. You are the one with incorrect info.

Dumass has never bid on Catalyst.

Curses has recently talked with our leader, TravesT, regarding the inaccurate statements posted about Dumass in this forum and apologized.

Re-read the posts!

b:bye
  • Verdya - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I just realized that I said 'this time last week when the server decided to gank Zulu'. I meant this time last year. I apologize for that, lol. I was typing really fast and didn't catch it before I posted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sabella - Harshlands
    Sabella - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I just realized that I said 'this time last week when the server decided to gank Zulu'. I meant this time last year. I apologize for that, lol. I was typing really fast and didn't catch it before I posted.

One thing, when the server "ganked zulu" most of us had left zulu to go to either catalyst or AL. Was only a few people left in zulu for that "gank". If I recall correctly (Longknife would have better numbers) there was like 18 people left in Zulu. They defended as best they could. I also dont remember your guild touching our crystal, but if you did gratz, afterlife touched the crystal too, briefly but they touched it. Is what happens when 3 squads defend however many people they had in their tw. Was a good weekend of wars, like Michael said, it was sad that so many bid and so few showed up.
  • Curses - Harshlands
    Curses - Harshlands Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Lol. You are the one with incorrect info.

Dumass has never bid on Catalyst.

Curses has recently talked with our leader, TravesT, regarding the inaccurate statements posted about Dumass in this forum and apologized.

Re-read the posts!

b:bye

actually TravesT understood and agreed with my orginal post that for all intensive purposes related to catalyst, dumass = valhalla. I just agreed with him/her that the guild is run differently because, i have no idea if it is or not, nor do i care. People dont get a free pass just because they change the guild tag above their name. I never apologized for bidding dumass. I just recognized that not every one of their members came from the valhalla garbage pile.
  • Verdya - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    That just goes to show that it isn't just gear and/or numbers that win a TW. A lot of it comes down to skill. We actually learned a lot from that TW. Despite the numbers that Catalyst TWs with, there is an art to the way they run it. It was completely choreographed, everyone knew exactly where to position their characters for the best outcome of damage. Everyone in Sacrament was thoroughly impressed by how they ran it. The positioning of people on the backside of the crystal to protect their catas from our people that were killed and sent back to base was beautiful. It shows that they have been doing this for a very long time. My faction, of course, is relatively new in comparasion, most of my players have been playing for at most a year or two, the average being right at a year. We have a lot to learn still, but I can't help but feel that with the 'youth' of our players, we are doing very good. I make sure that our newer members understand the game, understand their class, and can play accordingly, not just buy heads to get to 100 and figure it out then, which can't be said for many factions now a days. All in all, though, we really enjoyed it and look forward to future TWs against Catalyst and any other faction on the map, either now or in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    everyone knew exactly where to position their characters for the best outcome of damage. Everyone in Sacrament was thoroughly impressed by how they ran it. The positioning of people on the backside of the crystal to protect their catas from our people that were killed and sent back to base was beautiful.

I do this in league of legends too, trying to kill people in their spawn point so that they can't even come out to clear the creep waves that are killing their nexus. It usually only happens if they lost 2-3 lanes and we outgear them badly (say, 8-10k more team gold farmed).

It's called "ROFL-stomping".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • anhkrah
    anhkrah Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    That just goes to show that it isn't just gear and/or numbers that win a TW. A lot of it comes down to skill. We actually learned a lot from that TW. Despite the numbers that Catalyst TWs with, there is an art to the way they run it. It was completely choreographed, everyone knew exactly where to position their characters for the best outcome of damage. Everyone in Sacrament was thoroughly impressed by how they ran it. The positioning of people on the backside of the crystal to protect their catas from our people that were killed and sent back to base was beautiful. It shows that they have been doing this for a very long time. My faction, of course, is relatively new in comparasion, most of my players have been playing for at most a year or two, the average being right at a year. We have a lot to learn still, but I can't help but feel that with the 'youth' of our players, we are doing very good. I make sure that our newer members understand the game, understand their class, and can play accordingly, not just buy heads to get to 100 and figure it out then, which can't be said for many factions now a days. All in all, though, we really enjoyed it and look forward to future TWs against Catalyst and any other faction on the map, either now or in the future.

I have to say this approach is quite comendable, and taking the time to observe, understand and learn how tw mechanics work, is a major aspect of any guild that wants to improve on tw. This you can learn much better when you go up against the best, tho you might go in with the knowledge that you will lose, the simple fact that you can learn alot from it, imo, compensates for that bitter taste of a no-win scenario.
    Furthermore, as you stated the "choreography" that you did see, is a result of alot of tws played, with the same peeps, that is how you get that outcome, eveybodys knows what everybody does, so you know what to expect from you squad mates, and from the all tw force. This is only obtainable via twing week after week for quite a long time. Also most of the mechanics that you saw, started long before catalyst was formed, they started some time ago, in KD and in Zulu, and by having a steady core of players that have been doing things together for quite some time.

so to cut a long story short, it takes time, it takes effort and it takes will. If you dont mind a loosing streak in order to improve and learn, i would say you are on the right track to becoming a tw worthy guild.
    Keep that spirit and drive going, and i believe you will be able to do well in tw in a not so distant future.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Now, on the fake bidding bit of this thread, all I have to say is this. I don't know for sure if it was Catalyst fake bidding on themselves, or if it was someone that doesn't understand the way the stacking of wars works, or even if it was someone that just wanted to see Catalyst stay on the map. I know that 11 of the 20 bids were fake, and whoever did them accomplished exactly what they set out to do. I remember around this time last year week when the server decided to come together and gank Zulu. They had 14 TWs in a single weekend - none fake - and won every single one of them. And Zulu, unlike Catalyst, had no problem sending as many people into a TW as they could. What you guys fail to realize is that Catalyst is a fairly small faction, they allow alts, and they house quite a few of them. Where as Sacrament has 200 members right now and only allows you to have 1 alt, we are much larger in comparison. Had our TW been in a 'normal' time slot, we could have easily had a full 80 members show up.

14?

Every land that could be bid on had a bid, lololololol. Just count all the level 3 lands (save the Earthguard ones) and add in another for Crimson (I THINK they bid a city?) and that's how many bids Zulu had. I just remember every single time slot being filled. 9am, 14:00 and 20:00 TWs everyday, with ones on the hour, 3 minutes after, 6 minutes, 9 minutes, etc etc etc.
    And I still say those wars were pro-er cause we had an average of 17 people to defend each war, one day maxing out at I believe 22, another day we had to defend three wars with three people.

Here, I knew I uploaded a pic of the people that attended:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/mr.people/2011-02-2802-34-53.jpg

That's a rough estimate: I don't think Rome or ScarletSkies ever attended any of the wars that weekend for example (though Rome did attend on Bearie, also in that photo), but I do know there's a barb not present in that photo and there might've been a cleric missing too. That's everyone that attended over the span of three days, so yeah, we didn't have that full amount for any of the wars, save for MAYBE against Stalkers. Stalkers had 22 at one point, I believe.

If Catalyst wants to really enjoy these stacks, then I highly recommend really limiting the number of people they put in each war. Defending a war alone was hella fun. I think I had Wolfspack to defend. We three defended a war each to buy time until others showed up to help us, Nurfed showed up, and he and I ended up pulling a cata each down the B lane, killing everything in our path and constantly covering each other for sins, back-to-back like G's. b:cool
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    look we did our tw yea i orginized two stacks and thoose two stacks fell how i wanted em in the end we couldnt turn cata out of our base. not to say we werent in there base beating the hell outa there crystal
    but they came at us pretty much how i figured only thing that didnt work is just turning em back. so next week round two server vrs cata. btw i literly only spoke with 5 guilds to verify verds statement if even it was in question i didnt get a chance to speak with her at all:( though i totally would have. you guys are funny though on a different note i think burnout has a good point your arguments are severly weak now if only your gear was that way this would be easy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
  • Sabella - Harshlands
    Sabella - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    look we did our tw yea i orginized two stacks and thoose two stacks fell how i wanted em in the end we couldnt turn cata out of our base. not to say we werent in there base beating the hell outa there crystal
    but they came at us pretty much how i figured only thing that didnt work is just turning em back. so next week round two server vrs cata. btw i literly only spoke with 5 guilds to verify verds statement if even it was in question i didnt get a chance to speak with her at all:( though i totally would have. you guys are funny though on a different note i think burnout has a good point your arguments are severly weak now if only your gear was that way this would be easy
    LMAO
    Cimon, our crystal was hardly touched....your cata's came in, and got killed about as fast.b:bye you want to try again go for it, its fun smacking you back to the boondocks on a weekly basis. So have fun and enjoy losing.....againb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Verdya - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You're probably right, Longknife... I wasn't as into watching the map back then as I am now. Hell, my faction had less than 100 members, with less than 25 active this time last year, lol. The map was the last thing on my mind back then. Regardless, though, Zulu kicked some serious *** that week. I miss those days... Everyone I knew was just striving to be high enough to be in the 'big guilds' like Stalkers and Unity. My goal for Sacrament back then was to be better than DisOrder b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    actually TravesT understood and agreed with my orginal post that for all intensive purposes related to catalyst, dumass = valhalla. I just agreed with him/her that the guild is run differently because, i have no idea if it is or not, nor do i care. People dont get a free pass just because they change the guild tag above their name. I never apologized for bidding dumass. I just recognized that not every one of their members came from the valhalla garbage pile.

I didn't mean you apologized for bidding on Dumass. I was speaking of your remarks regarding the Valhalla comparison.

You still haven't given a clear answer as to why you bid Dumass. I guess we'll never get one at this point.

Anyway...A lot of ppl want to give up on TW now. They want to go 'inactive' until the map is reset or something drastic happens.

I'm pretty disheartened by it. I want fun TWs, but they simply are not to be had on this server now or in the near future. b:sad
  • Curses - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    we bid dumass because they have been allied with valhallla and accepted ppl into their guild that have been directly opposing us since the reset. If you're not with us you're against us. Is there more reason needed than that. Not being mean, just realistic.
  • keripo
    keripo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    way to lose the not-caring game Curses. So disappointed. Let's run this thread into the ground with discussions of other ...(games).

In other news, Melty Blood: Actress Again ~Code Current~ > all your fighting games.

Also, my college dorm is holding an old-school Mario Kart tournament next month. Going to be so fun b:victory

~Keripo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    we bid dumass because they have been allied with valhallla and accepted ppl into their guild that have been directly opposing us since the reset. If you're not with us you're against us. Is there more reason needed than that. Not being mean, just realistic.

Lol@ allied.

Dumass is not valhalla. Dumass is not allied with anyone. Dumass is a fun, laid-back guild that loves to PvP. Dumass has members in it from ALL different guilds on the server, including Catalyst.

I'm done with that subject. Obviously ppl choose to believe what they want anyway lol.

b:surrender
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Now I'm not in Dumass or anything but...

How the hell is Dumass Valhalla pt2? Cause they have like 2 people who used to be in Valhalla? That's about as dumb as assuming Cata uses damage hacks cause they got a big number.

I've seen Dumass pk Valhalla on many occasions. They've pk'ed Cata and Kylin too.

Then again these boards aren't exactly filled with geniuses so Imma just let this pass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Zorothustra - Harshlands
    Zorothustra - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Does anyone reading this thread have access to the Journal of Critical Realism? I need two papers, one co-authored by Roy Bhaskar and Alex Callinicos and the authored by Bhaskar and Ernesto Laclau.
  • Celesse - Harshlands
    Celesse - Harshlands Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Now I'm not in Dumass or anything but...

How the hell is Dumass Valhalla pt2? Cause they have like 2 people who used to be in Valhalla? That's about as dumb as assuming Cata uses damage hacks cause they got a big number.

I've seen Dumass pk Valhalla on many occasions. They've pk'ed Cata and Kylin too.

Then again these boards aren't exactly filled with geniuses so Imma just let this pass.

They were allied buttbuddies when I was in Valhalla several months ago. Probably what was being referred to.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Does anyone reading this thread have access to the Journal of Critical Realism? I need two papers, one co-authored by Roy Bhaskar and Alex Callinicos and the authored by Bhaskar and Ernesto Laclau.

No, but I'll copy your post and paste it into every thread on this forum, so that it can increase the exposure and more people will see it.

We have so many literary types here on PWI forums that it's almost guaranteed someone will have it.

No need to thank me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Burnout - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Options
    No, but I'll copy your post and paste it into every thread on this forum, so that it can increase the exposure and more people will see it.

We have so many literary types here on PWI forums that it's almost guaranteed someone will have it.

No need to thank me.

K I did it for half of the threads but then I got bored and stopped.

Srry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Curses - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Options
    They were allied buttbuddies when I was in Valhalla several months ago. Probably what was being referred to.

yes - please read things in the past tense if they are written in the past tense... didnt realzie dumass was so butthurt and surprised we bid on them. Sounds like they really expected us not to or something..
  • tfi2f
    tfi2f Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This ignorant Sabella person who can't even put together a post without some unoriginal "troll" memes and a "b:bye" emoticon.

#1 huehuehuehue

Sabella: U MAD?
    Burnout: Not really.
    Sabella: U MAD?
    Burnout: Not really. Here's a cogent argument. Try to respond in kind please.
    Sabelle: U MAD?????

Just soooo dumb, omg...