Lysing plants?

starjade
starjade Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Mystic
I'm still kind of confused about when to use lysing should you eg, summon beffuddling creeper, lysing then summon creeper again or pull out Listless Blossom or something if your aoe'ing? or are u supposed to wait till plants nearly dead then lysing?

thanks b:thanks
Post edited by starjade on

Comments

• Ftelia - Dreamweaver
    Ftelia - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Hey!
    Mystics plants do strong AoE debuffs but they last for very sort time the plant is continuously ticking and repeats debuffing until the plant expire (1 min) or die. when we lysing plants they explode doing moderate AoE damage and stronger very longer lasting debuffs.

To have the best possible performance of plants from my experience, is summon plant wait a few seconds until the plant start "ticking" and start debuffing then do lysing and summon a different plant. That way the new plant wont overwrite those stronger and longer lasting debuffs. Do lysing and summon the first or any other plant and so on...

Hope i helped...b:bye
  • starjade
    edited January 2012
    You definately did thank you :D

I was wondering for fc and if im not the main healer would it be good to use Gale Force, Befuddling Creeper, Lysing then Listless Blossom?
  • /eren - Dreamweaver62
    /eren - Dreamweaver62 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Don't use gale force in FC. yull likely scatter the mobs and annoy your tank/squad(unless you can 1 shot all the mobs). If your roll isn't healing then the best setup is using Storm Mistress' aoe attack along with lysing the creeper plant (moderate damage/debuffs)and the sting plant (slightly better damage). assuming your tank does their job you will have done a good bit of damage while providing the rest of your squad with all debuffed mobs to pick on.
  • Lunaryl - Heavens Tear
    Lunaryl - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Gale is fine to use if you wait until right after a BM stuns the mobs. It's more damage than lysing a sting. I'd recommend opening with befuddling, which gives the BM a second to stun, then I'd throw a gale immediately after so the mobs can't run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Hey!
    Mystics plants do strong AoE debuffs but they last for very sort time the plant is continuously ticking and repeats debuffing until the plant expire (1 min) or die. when we lysing plants they explode doing moderate AoE damage and stronger very longer lasting debuffs.

To have the best possible performance of plants from my experience, is summon plant wait a few seconds until the plant start "ticking" and start debuffing then do lysing and summon a different plant. That way the new plant wont overwrite those stronger and longer lasting debuffs. Do lysing and summon the first or any other plant and so on...

Hope i helped...b:bye

Thanks. I just started incorporating Befuddling Creeper + lysing into my rather complicated gameplay, and this post certainly does help me as well. b:thanks
    edited January 2012
    Don't use gale force in FC. yull likely scatter the mobs and annoy your tank/squad(unless you can 1 shot all the mobs). If your roll isn't healing then the best setup is using Storm Mistress' aoe attack along with lysing the creeper plant (moderate damage/debuffs)and the sting plant (slightly better damage). assuming your tank does their job you will have done a good bit of damage while providing the rest of your squad with all debuffed mobs to pick on.

I dont agree. Even with the recent nerf to the process, throwing a Thicket down followed by a Gale Force is awesome damage, chaos, & crowd control in a very short time frame.

It amazes me that what otherwise appear to be good players, gripe and rant with this one small disruption to what they are used to. All anyone without range has to do is wait a simple second, and everything will return to what they had EXPECTED.

If anyone is a good gamer, they should be able to easily adjust. The benefits far outweigh the annoyance in encountering something you may not be used too...ijs.
  • /eren - Dreamweaver69
    /eren - Dreamweaver69 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    using gale force after a stun is a good usage however on the thicket comment, thats great and all if you have the chi for it (and an aoe stunning tank to keep the scattering of mobs with gale force) otherwise storm mistress and lysing a plant is more than enough if the squads any good at all. usually i only have enough time for one maybe two attacks before everythings dead anyway. and what nerf would you be refering to?
    edited January 2012
    using gale force after a stun is a good usage however on the thicket comment, thats great and all if you have the chi for it (and an aoe stunning tank to keep the scattering of mobs with gale force) otherwise storm mistress and lysing a plant is more than enough if the squads any good at all. usually i only have enough time for one maybe two attacks before everythings dead anyway. and what nerf would you be refering to?

Its different than it was over the Summer. The movement of mobs seems to have actually increased a bit, which is actually a benefit when you are pulling big mobs while getting quests done alone - more of them are kept busy while you and Stormy are picking them off 1 by 1 till your Chi builds back up for another AoE.

But it really sours the FC DD experience even more, with an increase in activity. More activity makes it even less wanted. b:sad

Thankfully I have options now to at least try out instead, including your suggestion above.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    [...] while you and Stormy are picking them off 1 by 1 till your Chi builds back up for another AoE.

Do you even know Mitress' skills? lol
    But yea, we have been through it for 11 pages and you just don't get it at all. Just sad...

+\/eren, at least that's what I guess your name is. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited January 2012
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brillance - Raging Tide
    [...] while you and Stormy are picking them off 1 by 1 till your Chi builds back up for another AoE.

Do you even know Mitress' skills? lol
    But yea, we have been through it for 11 pages and you just don't get it at all. Just sad...

+\/eren, at least that's what I guess your name is. :P

Wow, you really enjoy telling people they dont get it, whether they do or not. If Im sad, its for you. If you are this miserable on a computer game, your real life must be down right pitiful.

Are you suffering from 'noob envy' or something? Yeah, noobs rock too! Lmao b:kiss

Maybe no one ever gave you a hug? *hugs Xainou* Hope that helped. b:bye
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    o_o /whatever. Nice bs you pulled out of thin air there.

But hey. Thanks for giving my friends and me a good laugh. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2012
    o_o /whatever. Nice bs you pulled out of thin air there.

But hey. Thanks for giving my friends and me a good laugh. lol

Oh bummerz, the hug didnt work. Oh well...I guess it just goes along with your sense of reality *shrugs* b:chuckle
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Oh. Nah, I just like people that try to insult my rl by some argument on an internet forum. Because ya, that's totally related...

Go on showing what kind of an ugly person you are. You insulting me speaks truth than I could ever summon out of thin air about you. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2012
    Oh. Nah, I just like people that try to insult my rl by some argument on an internet forum. Because ya, that's totally related...

Go on showing what kind of an ugly person you are. You insulting me speaks truth than I could ever summon out of thin air about you. lol

What? You can dish it out but dont wanna take it? AND - you want to call ME a Diva??

You are rich...keep kicking that can son. *hugs Xainou* again

Brillance - Noob Mystic - killin em with AoEs and hugs siince May!

lolololololol

You are going to see me on the forums Xainou - might as well try to get used to me. b:kiss
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    More **** I never said o_o Have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• /eren - Dreamweaver70
    /eren - Dreamweaver70 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    yup my names Veren. been playing my mystic since they came out. was one of the 1st 10 earth guard on my server i know that much.

wow they changed the mobs in fc? I didnt even notice.... though then again Im usually the healer in the squad and not DD >.< ill have to try some of the other ideas on here. they seem interesting.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    They didn't change any mobs in FCC, only thing that has been done was reduce the dragoon exp.

There's been some rumor that thicket would seal less now but ya, it has never been proven. Imo it's still the same. I wouldn't worry too much about it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    More **** I never said o_o Have fun.

b:laugh apparently Brillance wants to be what thumbs is on the veno forums
  • starjade
    edited January 2012
    Thanks again for the great advice from everyone b:thanks
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    b:laugh apparently Brillance wants to be what thumbs is on the veno forums

And the cleric forums ._. The only difference is that thumbs actually talks nonsense but stays polite. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2012
    And the cleric forums ._. The only difference is that thumbs actually talks nonsense but stays polite. lol

Well, I dont really know thumbs, but Im very polite, and I doubt either of us really talk nonsense. There is more than one way for something to be approached. What fun is there in a game if you cant test the 'accepted limits' placed on your char?

I dont get my heart racing and face all red over a forum either. My hands are never shaking in anger as I type. There is simply too much fun to be had in watching others do so.
    b:chuckle

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15915911&postcount=22

Who WAS it that said that then?
    edited February 2012
    Im gonna be honest here Xainou. I think you have said some very good things in all my 'talks' with you. There is just one problem.

Your opening remarks are usually such ****, that anything good following it is left as a waste a breath.

There would be only two ways around this for most people:

1. To ignore the insult, and acknowledge the good information, which leaves you looking like you freely accept being insulted - and I don't.

2. Or, to wait until such worthless foam of the self-serving mouth is elliminated from a post, so I can acknowledge the good content.

Please forgive me, but I like myself enough to only be willing to go with number 2. b:kiss
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Lol. You know, I'm a nice person. I'm actually trying to be helpful.
    I tried to give you advice in the past. SO MANY OTHERS tried to tell you why stuff is bad and how to improve. Everytime the answer was: Ah okay, I'm good, the squad should adjust to ME.

Maybe you should just get off your high horse, seriously read what people say and think about it. You aren't that epic. You're just being a major pain in the *** to your squadmates.
    All I see is a very arrogant person that rather insults others instead of maybe looking for an error with herself. You won't be liked that way.

Why do you think random people come in here and try to give you advice, then give up and call you a noob? I'd stop and think about why that might be if it happened to me. You just shrug it off and go on.
    Take Melvins advice. Roll a class that doesn't play support or a major role in squad. Unless you change your attitude, your will never fulfill one of those roles in a way that would be good for squad.

I know you will post something belittling now, call me a bad person once more, but I don't give a ****. It's not the first time I deal with such **** and I doubt it will be the last.
    Last post for me here, because this isn't leading anywhere. You showed often enough that that it's hopeless. Have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2012
    Lol. You know, I'm a nice person. I'm actually trying to be helpful.
    I tried to give you advice in the past. SO MANY OTHERS tried to tell you why stuff is bad and how to improve. Everytime the answer was: Ah okay, I'm good, the squad should adjust to ME.

Maybe you should just get off your high horse, seriously read what people say and think about it. You aren't that epic. You're just being a major pain in the *** to your squadmates.
    All I see is a very arrogant person that rather insults others instead of maybe looking for an error with herself. You won't be liked that way.

Why do you think random people come in here and try to give you advice, then give up and call you a noob? I'd stop and think about why that might be if it happened to me. You just shrug it off and go on.
    Take Melvins advice. Roll a class that doesn't play support or a major role in squad. Unless you change your attitude, your will never fulfill one of those roles in a way that would be good for squad.

I know you will post something belittling now, call me a bad person once more, but I don't give a ****. It's not the first time I deal with such **** and I doubt it will be the last.
    Last post for me here, because this isn't leading anywhere. You showed often enough that that it's hopeless. Have fun.

I call myself a noob. I AM a new player, and this Mystic is my first character. If anyone was truely as leet as they would have me believe they are, they would be able to show that they see that when talking to me.

They wouldn't be full of themselves enough to throw insults at me, and then pretend they tried to help.

Its kinda like watching a College Kid having a battle of intelligence with a Kindergartener. I'm not sure what winning that battle proves - never mind the College Kid being nasty along with it.

Im trying to help you, and I will try again, by painting a picture of your posts.

You come home to find a fresh grocery bag sitting on your kitchen counter.
    You walk over and peek inside to find the top third of the contents smothered in a layer of putrid garbage.

Do you bother to see if there is anything good to eat beneath that top layer; or, do you simply throw the whole bag out and move on?

Im trying to help you too. I think you have a lot of good things to say, if you simply let people get to the point where they are willing to waste their time reading it.

In other words - you COULD rock...but for some reason you stop yourself, as a personality to interact with.

Im sure you love yourself a lot, and have a lot better things to do than post to me. I have said repeatedly I have a lot better things to do than listen to you too.

But, instead of having a tantrum, I welcome any help you have to give, as long as you remember the way I am treated matters too.

"Insults followed by information" may be your preferred method of being taught something, but I will never learn anything that way. Sorry. b:surrender
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    to lyse or not to lyse... that is the question

totally up to you. i usually only use lysing on bosses. most the time i lyse if im about to use a strong skill like thicket. can help do some extra dmg.

another good time to use lysing is if you want to have the effects of 2 plants, like befuddling and spidervine. if the boss is hitting hard, probably use lysing on spidervine (for the stronger effect) and keep befuddling out. rinse and repeat!

you can also use lysing for aoe, such as punishing sting. not the best dmg, but its always something to do? lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character