The Food Chain

Comments

• pwiqq
    pwiqq Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    now it's simple, the first one to make the actual food chain for pk/pvp wins.

*name of the class only~anything add like "r9 barb" or "5 aps sin" doesn't count. have funb:bye

obvious troll is obvious b:laugh

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1138561&page=2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, QQ on your main... Really smart b:laugh At least we know who fails hard... ROFL LOL

funny to see that only u can laugh at ur own post. and yea, u just made it evident that ur just a troll trying to illicit negative feedback. just shut up already since u don't want to contribute to this thread.

@pwiqq

a troll is...

an individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, "oh ignore him, he's just a troll."
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    @leviath_imp

wizards may lack anti stun, but they sure as hell hit hard. and isn't a dex base genie sufficient enough for dealing with people who stun lock?
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrJenkins - Harshlands
    MrJenkins - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Psychic>Seeker/Assasin>Barbarian/Wizard>Blademaster>Archer>Cleric>Mystic>Venomancer
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    blbldsfwsr wrote: »
    HAH.....puhlezzz.....full r9 +12 dot sin will destroy a full r9 +12 josd seeker ANYDAY.

I nominate this post for "fail of the year".

A full R9 Sin means he isn't going to have interval which means he is going to hit for **** against a similarly geared HA (Seeker in your example above will just laugh at him). Why do you think R9 dagger sins just go for the weapon alone ?
  • blbldsfwsr
    blbldsfwsr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012

A full R9 Sin means he isn't going to have interval which means he is going to hit for **** against a similarly geared HA (Seeker in your example above will just laugh at him). Why do you think R9 dagger sins just go for the weapon alone ?

Ok......now tell me this oh smart one...... Who said ANYTHING about aps?
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2012
    blbldsfwsr wrote: »
    Ok......now tell me this oh smart one...... Who said ANYTHING about aps?

You didn't... and that's the problem. You are insane if you think that a full R9 +12 Josd Seeker (or BM or Barb for that matter) is going to be afraid of a full R9 +12 Sin. And that's simply because a FULL R9 Sin's damage per hit will be much too low to be a significant threat to the heavies. Now if that R9 +12 Sin was hitting more than once per second (aps), it would be a different story. But the full R9 set doesn't have interval.
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Seems like most people are not putting a sin at the top of the food chain. I wonder what has changed since the forum was flooded with all the QQ threads about how OP they are. Are these orders based off of each class having optimum gears and that is what brings balance? Are sins just overpowered at a certain stage, but then get weaker as the other classes get uber gears?
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Seems like most people are not putting a sin at the top of the food chain. I wonder what has changed since the forum was flooded with all the QQ threads about how OP they are. Are these orders based off of each class having optimum gears and that is what brings balance? Are sins just overpowered at a certain stage, but then get weaker as the other classes get uber gears?

Assuming r9 gear....sin's pretty much die to the majority of other classes...

Assuming APS gear..sin's **** pretty much the majority of other classes...
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LaYsDiL - Harshlands
    LaYsDiL - Harshlands Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    ho ever said a sin over barb is just funny im not even full r9 yet and ive had 12s trying to sleath two spark stun lock me and i last there stun lock and they die...all there is to it
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    This thread describes things as a chain while to be more accurate you would need a matrix.
        Wz Ve Se Ps My Cl BM Ba As
       ---------------------------
    Ar |Wz Ar Ar Ps Ar Ar Ar Ba As
    As |As As As As As As As As
    Ba |Wz Ba Ba Ps Ba Ba Ba 
    BM |Wz BM BM Ps BM BM 
    Cl |Wz Ve Cl Ps My  
    My |Wz Ve Se Ps
    Ps |Ps Ps Ps
    Se |Wz Se
    Ve |Wz

Totals:
    As 9
    Ps 8
    Wz 7
    Ba 6
    Ar 5
    BM 4
    Se 2
    Ve 2
    My 1
    Cl 1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • dfdfdfdfdfds
    dfdfdfdfdfds Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    This thread describes things as a chain while to be more accurate you would need a matrix.
    Ba |Wz Ba Ba Ps Ba Ba Ba 
    BM |Wz BM BM Ps BM BM 
    Cl |Wz Ve Cl Ps My  
    My |Wz Ve Se Ps
    Ps |Ps Ps Ps
    Se |Wz Se
    Ve |Wz

Totals:
    As 9
    Ps 8
    Wz 7
    Ba 6
    Ar 5
    BM 4
    Se 2
    Ve 2
    My 1
    Cl 1

Why don't we just use a periodic table! BA>SE>AS>AR>CL! anyday. b:cool
  • SovereignVis - Sanctuary
    SovereignVis - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Ba |Wz Ba Ba Ps Ba Ba Ba 
    BM |Wz BM BM Ps BM BM 
    Cl |Wz Ve Cl Ps My  
    My |Wz Ve Se Ps
    Ps |Ps Ps Ps
    Se |Wz Se
    Ve |Wz

Totals:
    As 9
    Ps 8
    Wz 7
    Ba 6
    Ar 5
    BM 4
    Se 2
    Ve 2
    My 1
    Cl 1

You need to color code it right and make it look pretty. b:cute

Blademaster:#ff6800
    Wizard:#0082ff
    Barbarian:#ffa800
    Venomancer:#ff7cff
    Archer:#00ff80
    Cleric:#ffff68
    Assassin:#ff0000
    Psychic:#8200ff
    Seeker:#A00056
    Mystic:#7CAFE0
  • SilentDragon - Lost City
    SilentDragon - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    sin>sin>sin>sin>sin>sin>sin>sin>sin>sin
  • XAioNx - Lost City
    XAioNx - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This is just my opinion.
    psy=wiz>barb=seek>sin=bm=ea>veno=mystic=ep
    After the update, I think the sins is located around the middle.
    They used to be the top, but after seeing the new skills other classes got, I think it got slightly difficult for sins to pk.
    Now again, I repeat, this is just MY opinion.
    I may be wrong, but this is my thoughts.

But depending on the situation sin can be at the top of the food chain.
    Same goes for other class besides veno, mystic, and ep.
    I don't own any R9 yet, so idk how it's like but I think wiz can get to the top like psy too.
    アナタと私でらんでぶー、らんでぶー?
    ってかにゃんでぶー??
    あらま跳んでったアバンチュール
    足取り歪んで1,2,1,2!
  • Puberty - Harshlands
    Puberty - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This is just my opinion.
    psy=wiz>barb=seek>sin=bm=ea>veno=mystic=ep
    After the update, I think the sins is located around the middle.
    They used to be the top, but after seeing the new skills other classes got, I think it got slightly difficult for sins to pk.
    Now again, I repeat, this is just MY opinion.
    I may be wrong, but this is my thoughts.

But depending on the situation sin can be at the top of the food chain.
    Same goes for other class besides veno, mystic, and ep.
    I don't own any R9 yet, so idk how it's like but I think wiz can get to the top like psy too.

Barbs and seekers are two completely different pvpstyles. like wat is this even omg.
    Why are mystics and venos near the bottom when they're two of the best arcane and light armor killers?

Has it still not sunk in to anyone that mystic is the ONLY class that can oneshot a FULL r9 josd psychic?

Furthermore, it's not really possible to make a proper 'food chain' for class vs class when it comes to pvp because all things are situational.

Just because a psychic < nearly everything and a mystic (has the potential) < psychic doesn't mean that mystic < everything else.
  • Yunkel - Lost City
    Yunkel - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012

LOL i see a Full Rank 9 sin ( AZZ_AZZ__IN with S) from lost city destroy a full Rank 9 seeker, they figth about 5 min but in the end the sin kill the seeker with only spam skillsb:shocked, hard to belive but is true, so Full Rank 9 Sages Sins without APS still powned other rank 9 ppl.
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    lol that guy...
    just put him in his own class

azz_azz_in>the rest
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Has it still not sunk in to anyone that mystic is the ONLY class that can oneshot a FULL r9 josd psychic?

Not true. Full Rank 9 Seekers have also one-shotted full JosD R9 Psychics with Gemini slash, granted... they needed a zerk crit to do it.

Furthermore the new expansion skill "Sacrificial Slash" will make it even easier for Seekers to one-shot Psychics in TW since that skill will *apparently* give Seekers the ability to debuff a Psy's defense levels even in white voodoo by 40% (via QPQ) while buffing their own attack levels at the same time.
  • XAioNx - Lost City
    XAioNx - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Barbs and seekers are two completely different pvpstyles. like wat is this even omg.
    Why are mystics and venos near the bottom when they're two of the best arcane and light armor killers?

Furthermore, it's not really possible to make a proper 'food chain' for class vs class when it comes to pvp because all things are situational.

Just because a psychic < nearly everything and a mystic (has the potential) < psychic doesn't mean that mystic < everything else.

I'm very surprised that you actually answer back to this post I posted yesterday o.o
    But didn't I typed down it's just MY opinion, I understand what your saying, but please know the fact that it's just MY opinion and thank you for explaining about mystics is the only class that can one shot a full R9 josd psychic :D

But please if you got the time, will you explain why mystics is the only class that can one shot R9 with full josd?

I think mystics and venos at the bottom where clerics is around because I've only seen the bad side of those classes, so I can't really say they're at the middle or the top.
    Which is why I'm bit interested about you saying mystics is the only class that can one shot R9 psychic with full jsod, and I'm also interested why you don't really agree with veno near the bottom.

And yes, it is very difficult to make the "proper food chain", but again (sorry for bothering you) this is just MY opinion. :D
    All I'm sure of is that wiz and psy can hit very hard against most of the players, but they're both fragile like a glass.
    Seeker and barb is a tank, it's just barb can tank more than seekers.
    Bm is like a stunner, sins and ea is similar just one side goes like a ninja and other side goes like a sniper :D

Anyways thank you for reading and telling me some stories, will be waiting for your quick reply :D
    Have a Great Sunny Day! :D
    アナタと私でらんでぶー、らんでぶー?
    ってかにゃんでぶー??
    あらま跳んでったアバンチュール
    足取り歪んで1,2,1,2!
  • XKi - Lost City
    XKi - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Seeker>Psychic>Archer>Mystic>Assassin>Wiz>Blademaster>Barb>Cleric>Veno b:dirty b:dirty b:dirty b:dirty b:dirty
  • _Drizzt_ - Raging Tide
    _Drizzt_ - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I believe clerics are underesimated if played well unless its a totally different story when u get to 100+.From my point of view as a cleric vs ppl 90-99 ive beaten every class consistently except a nix veno, if not considering the nix id have to say seeker>sin>psy>archer>BM>barb>mystic>wizzy>veno.
  • Dariboo - Lost City
    Dariboo - Lost City Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Why in the **** are mystics ranked so low in some of these posts? Yeah, we're squishy. But we got lots of strategies up our sleeves be warned b:victorb:laugh APS classes aren't that big of a problem when they stun me i just throw expel on myself and resist em while they aps me pointlessly then once it's over they don't have a chance LOL unless i'm a one shot i'm pretty tough to handle b:bye
    Filling the forums with idiocy since 2/2/2012 b:pleased

Main - lvl 101 R8 Mystic - Dariboo

Inactive on PWI. I still play PW, just...elsewhere
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    this isn't a foodchain its more like
    "which class does require the least skill(brain) to kill others"
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • aef16
    aef16 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I would do it this way

1. Sins/Psy
    2.Archers/Mages
    3.Barbs/Blademaster
    4.Seeker/Veno
    5.Mystic/Cleric

Sin is the most OP class for R9. a crazy Psy is nasty to kill as well.

Archers and mages are pretty even. a good crit from either side and thats the match

Barbs fully CS'd out are almost impossable to kill especially the closer you get to 40k+

A bm who can stun lock aps. but due to the fact that mages and EA can do phy and magic dmg they go under them.

Seekers can do alot of dmg but its only when they zerk crit. They are more like a tank class then a dmg one.

A good veno can immune for a long period of time. So if they stun u with the nix or with a skill they can inflict massive amounts of dmg and you cant do anything about except try and run.

Mystics and Clerics due to the AA armor are the weakest by far. Mystics paralyiz is nasty for mages and archers but if they cant out DD one.
  • XKi - Lost City
    XKi - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Myztic zo low on da food chainz cuz it diez b4 it getz to do itz 1-hit on any other magic clazz. /stunsilencesleeplock b:bye b:dirty b:kiss b:dirty
  • Evinerre - Lost City
    Evinerre - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You know if I recall I was one of the first seekers to start kiting around sins/BM/barbs. Everyone gave me so much **** for it, saying a heavy class shouldn't be running around like a wizard. It was a bit annoying, but for being under geared I put up a hell of a fight most of the time, and I figured I must be doing something right. I still think my gear was the only thing holding me back. Course I could never get up much of a strategy against a magic class. Barbs have their massive HP, BMs have their stuns, and seeker has defense levels, which I'll admit does jack squat against anything. The old occult ice>vortex thing was pretty much the one hope for survival, so it's kinda like the I-know-I'm-gonna-die-but-I-might-as-well-try-something tactic that never really worked.

In my opinion it's
    Psy > Barb > Sin > Wiz > BM > Cleric > Mystic > Archer > Seeker > Veno
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    You know if I recall I was one of the first seekers to start kiting around sins/BM/barbs. Everyone gave me so much **** for it, saying a heavy class shouldn't be running around like a wizard. It was a bit annoying, but for being under geared I put up a hell of a fight most of the time, and I figured I must be doing something right. I still think my gear was the only thing holding me back. Course I could never get up much of a strategy against a magic class. Barbs have their massive HP, BMs have their stuns, and seeker has defense levels, which I'll admit does jack squat against anything. The old occult ice>vortex thing was pretty much the one hope for survival, so it's kinda like the I-know-I'm-gonna-die-but-I-might-as-well-try-something tactic that never really worked.

In my opinion it's
    Psy > Barb > Sin > Wiz > BM > Cleric > Mystic > Archer > Seeker > Veno

I'm sorry... but when you put Cleric two spots above Archer, its kind of hard to take whatever else you said seriously. Ijs.

As for your Seeker comments... the class is basically a money pit... that is, it really only excels at ultra end game (read... Rank 9) which was no doubt the greedy devs intention.

For instance, my Seeker is full R9... +10 blade but rest of gear refined currently only +5 to 6 (chaos frost ring and helm are +10 though... came over from my BM). Yesterday in TW a R9 Sin unstealthed on me, stunned and began to **** away. I watched him for a few seconds furiously chipping at my HP down to less than half. Then I genie fortified, stepped out of his melee range and QPQ'd the magic defense debuff from fortify back at him. I then laughed as he hurriedly force stealthed knowing he was going to die from my next two attacks. b:laugh

I hope you get my point about not judging the Seeker class based purely on your own playing experience.
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Seekers (in my opinion) are entirely skill dependent. A csing, well geared seeker can fail easily whereas a not-so-well geared seeker can do flawlessly in PVP. I literally have no idea how they work but I know that if the player knows what they're doing they do work.

I also personally feel the need to fight to have venos bumped higher on these lists.
    Phoenixes are still OP, and we can stunlock clerics to death (literally).
    Mystics, psychics and wizzies are also our hoes in PVP.
  • Evinerre - Lost City
    Evinerre - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm sorry... but when you put Cleric two spots above Archer, its kind of hard to take whatever else you said seriously. Ijs.

As for your Seeker comments... the class is basically a money pit... that is, it really only excels at ultra end game (read... Rank 9) which was no doubt the greedy devs intention.

For instance, my Seeker is full R9... +10 blade but rest of gear refined currently only +5 to 6 (chaos frost ring and helm are +10 though... came over from my BM). Yesterday in TW a R9 Sin unstealthed on me, stunned and began to **** away. I watched him for a few seconds furiously chipping at my HP down to less than half. Then I genie fortified, stepped out of his melee range and QPQ'd the magic defense debuff from fortify back at him. I then laughed as he hurriedly force stealthed knowing he was going to die from my next two attacks. b:laugh

I hope you get my point about not judging the Seeker class based purely on your own playing experience.

Cleric's survive much better than you think when they can see what's coming. I don't count ganks out of stealth cause that's not real PvP, it's just an annoyance.

As for not judging based purely on my own experience, who knows what I like better than myself? My final view on anything is going to come from myself, not strangers who I don't even know.