Poor Catalyst - 20 TW's This weekend

Options

Comments

• VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The other day an old Zulu who happens to be in CJr and ALSO happened to be there during Zulu's spartan week were reminiscing about how awesome that week was. That week, Zulu had a bid on practically every land possible (so more bids than Catalyst now) and only ~17 people (though for Stalkers I think we managed 21 or 22) stayed in guild and attempted to defend them just for the hell of it.
    He pointed out that, to our knowledge, not a single guild we actually TRIED to defend actually beat us. Some guilds got free passes (3-4 guilds were made by Zulus themselves so Nurfed gave the word to let them win, a German guild asked me if they could have a land) and others we didn't attend, but still, 17 people and every single war we attended, we won. There was even a day where we had three wars and only three people to defend, and like total G's, we defended them solo. I wish I could remember the other two who were with me that day cause they deserve credit, but all I remember is there was a barb and an archer soloing the other two wars.

Long story short, experience is the most important part of TW, no matter what anyone says, and unfortunately Catalyst does have the most. I believe that with time and practice, a stack attempt like this could be very effective, but it may be a while before a single land is lost.

I mean, let's put it this way: CrimsonJr and DEMACIA had a war. CrimsonJr represents alts and people from EVERY guild on the server (not all, but many of course), DEMACIA was exclusively Catalyst alts. The result? A tie. A mother****ing tie; a three hour war where neither could touch the other resulting in a win for defense. Keep in mind that 90% of the players on the field are alts, so this isn't like they outgeared us. I believe iamiffy was their only r9 and we also had a r9 wiz, so pretty balanced, gear-wise. I think that should speak volumes about how people should REALLY drop the "all gear, no skill" argument.

Omd, that TW.... 3 hours of torture I swear. First time as a bm, and I was like "HERE I GO, GONNA STUN AND DG YOU GUIZ" then that freaken r9 wiz would always one shot me :((( I called it quits after 2 hours and decided to go play Sims instead.
    Ugh let me tell you.... it was soooo scary running into a group of you guys. Like, 1 bm vs 20 = insta death, especially as a first timer -_-
    But ya, I wish we had more alts during that war... it would have made things a lot more fun and even, but regardless, Crimsonjr wars have been probably the funnest TW's since Crimson vs Zulu TW's. Kylin and Crimson were pretty fun too since the Cata squad did basically whatever we felt like doing lol.

Sigh. I hope we recruited some more alts for future TW's. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Omd, that TW.... 3 hours of torture I swear. First time as a bm, and I was like "HERE I GO, GONNA STUN AND DG YOU GUIZ" then that freaken r9 wiz would always one shot me :((( I called it quits after 2 hours and decided to go play Sims instead.
    Ugh let me tell you.... it was soooo scary running into a group of you guys. Like, 1 bm vs 20 = insta death, especially as a first timer -_-
    But ya, I wish we had more alts during that war... it would have made things a lot more fun and even, but regardless, Crimsonjr wars have been probably the funnest TW's since Crimson vs Zulu TW's. Kylin and Crimson were pretty fun too since the Cata squad did basically whatever we felt like doing lol.

Sigh. I hope we recruited some more alts for future TW's. <3

TBH, I know it sounds arrogant because I'm saying "MY GUILD IS BEST GUILD, WE PLAYING THE GAME RIGHT," but I wish every guild could be like CrimsonJr. Just run through Archosaur and hit up everyone who's guildless with an invite, regardless of their level, don't bother with sign-ups and just TW. The wars I've had with CJr are SOOOOO much more fun than wars with bigger guilds because there's never a clear winner. Attendance, gear quality and who bothers wearing a charm are all factors, and then the big one is of course: how pr0 are the people, aka, how capable are they of organizing themselves and doing the job they were meant to do without a large amount of leadership influence guiding them on what to do.

But yeah, that'll never happen. Ambition will always drive people to try and make the best guild possible.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    it really doesn't matter how many factions "stack" catalyst the max tw at a single time is three and i doubt any three of them are gonna be any harder than lets say a crim tw. When you have all the best geared people in a single faction vs a server with mediocre gear..really no chance at the moment.

Actually the most TWs that is possible at the same time is 6. Well at least within 18 minutes of each other assuming Catalyst doesn't just roll each of them in 6 minutes which is possible.

Not enough factions bid if you were hoping to overwhelm them and make it almost impossible to defend them all. The only thing the bidding factions can do is pray that the really early TWs have poor attendance.

PS: To the person that said do what LC is doing, you have no idea what you are talking about. The guilds are much more even on LC well at least 2 of them are. The 3rd strongest ChinaTown which is allied with one of the two strongest, Vengfui, will not even defend or bid on the other strongest, Insurrect, without a double attack. So what is the point in that? They are just a bunch of hate mongering cowards that don't want a fun TW at all. The only thing Lost City has done right in the last year isn't even that great tbh. They got a bunch of people together in one guild that completely hated each other just to wipe out the strongest guild; however the only reason they were able to do so was because the leader of that guild quit and the faction fell apart.

So for your own sakes, don't follow in Lost City's footsteps.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I forgot to add that finding ventrilos to steal is another key to a successful TW for CrimsonJr. If we don't have one then that slows us down, and we've already had two shut down on us.

The new one we hijacked allows for PHANTOMS though! We pr0 now.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    TBH, I know it sounds arrogant because I'm saying "MY GUILD IS BEST GUILD, WE PLAYING THE GAME RIGHT," but I wish every guild could be like CrimsonJr. Just run through Archosaur and hit up everyone who's guildless with an invite, regardless of their level, don't bother with sign-ups and just TW. The wars I've had with CJr are SOOOOO much more fun than wars with bigger guilds because there's never a clear winner. Attendance, gear quality and who bothers wearing a charm are all factors, and then the big one is of course: how pr0 are the people, aka, how capable are they of organizing themselves and doing the job they were meant to do without a large amount of leadership influence guiding them on what to do.

But yeah, that'll never happen. Ambition will always drive people to try and make the best guild possible.

It would be fun, true... but meh, just a lot of factors come into play. CrimsonJr is just one of those fun factions that's there for pure fun, and like you said, anyone is welcomed (hell even Lutricia). There's probably a good amount of people I can't stand in CrimsonJr or had disputes with in the past but it doesn't really have an effect. Like, I even squaded and TW'd with one of them and it was all good. Like nothing ever happened lol.
    In a way, ya it would be pretty awesome just to form all these random *** guilds and invite whoever and TW against each other, but there's not enough people willing to do that (well, on their mains at least). Plus, for me... I kinda have a limit. I don't take things in this game seriously at all, but the only thing that kinda sets me off is disorganization.. and I know CrimsonJr is all about ****s and giggles and pure fun, but at times it gets a tinyyyy bit frustrating when people don't know what they're doing. I'm not someone who's looking for TW to be ran like a freaken army, but organization takes a lot of that frustration off ( frustration in a game, lulzwtf). Soooo my point is, while I enjoy TW's with factions like CrimsonJr or even DEMACIA, I could never TW like that every week. It just wouldn't work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Halt - Harshlands
    Halt - Harshlands Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I stole our new vent from Irae's IRL friend.
    Unban me.
  • Pooftette - Harshlands
    Pooftette - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I stole our new vent from Irae's IRL friend.

ty halt
  • Woneo - Lost City
    Woneo - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    np np I bring what i can as a director.
  • MaidenChina - Harshlands
    MaidenChina - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Or, you know, the devs could grow some brains and make all def wars on the time slot. This naturally ensures colorful map as well as fun TWs.

And my Veno will log in today with +12 Recast R9. >.>;

There's obviously no way in hell we can wait for the devs to wise up...been waiting three years for that for the simplest things that were supposed to be released at the very beginning of the game....let alone fix something they've basically broke all to hell. (With a certain set of gear I won't mention.)

Either we wait for Catalyst to disband (I would throw my billions in the street if that happened-) or we figure some way of compromise between one another. Crimson OBVIOUSLY isn't going to man up and fight, and the rest of us OBVIOUSLY aren't strong enough (even in stacked wars, jesus-) to take them out one at a time.
    It was a good thought by our fearless leader (you know who you are, thanks for at least trying, you get kudos just for making Riga get off his **** and bid on something-) but we're simply over-geared and outnumbered by all the bandwagoners.

I mean, it wasn't so horrible when I saw Nurfed and Curses had become part of the numbers. I remember thinking "alright, another Zulu. No big deal, Crimson can handle it, right?"

But then suddenly they became this INSANELY huge group of R9's, and now a faction recruiting 100+ can't even last 10 minutes against them, and Crimson's chickened (there was another word I was going to use, but the forum wouldn't take it-) out. What kind of strawberry-scented crack is this?

I agree with Painmage--we all need to come up with some sort of compromise that benefits everybody somewhat equally.....not that I'm betting Catalyst is willing to actually play fairly with the other children, of course.
  • HazZzarD - Harshlands
    HazZzarD - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    They played it fair!We lost,they won.Get over it!

Why would they cripple themselves to make it "fair" for the server,when the server playerbase just complains and cries and does nothing else against them?

Is their fault that 99% of the server,once they get good gear/lvl decide to join them?

Shall I continue or you already see whos fault realy is?
  • TwinDreams - Harshlands
    TwinDreams - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    They played it fair!We lost,they won.Get over it!

Why would they cripple themselves to make it "fair" for the server,when the server playerbase just complains and cries and does nothing else against them?

Is their fault that 99% of the server,once they get good gear/lvl decide to join them?

Shall I continue or you already see whos fault realy is?

QFT

Don't blame Crimson. Even if they really fight, they will lose. Because if Crimson would to attack this is what happen: Crimson + Valhalla + EarlGrey vs Catalyst + Bloodline + DuMAss. Catalyst is just going to get another piece of land.

These are the people who should be blame entirely for why the map looks like this:

http://catalyst.forumotions.com/f1-applications
  • deathrider35
    deathrider35 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Where is pic of map :0
  • apex1predator
    apex1predator Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Cata will defend this weekend and then all faction leaders will lie in the fetus position and cry themselves to sleep.

All the QQ about the amount of R9 Cata have is bull..there are at least 3 or 4 times as many r9's in different factions than cata have. Thing is..cata know how to pew pew and the rest dont.

So Learn to play your class( Riga this doesnt mean you should top perdition while pulling cata, Wytche HP to safety because hes scared his kd/ratio will drop, Taarloor IG trip sparking to drop an insane BIDS only to get stunned..and so on) then bid on cata when you fell that in a triple stack you actually have a chance.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I don't see any drama, this topic is useless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • HazZzarD - Harshlands
    HazZzarD - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I don't see any drama, this topic is useless

Give it some credit!I bet it has some hidden potential,just don't lose hope :)
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Give it some credit!I bet it has some hidden potential,just don't lose hope :)

Really?! b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ISweet - Harshlands
    ISweet - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So Learn to play your class( Riga this doesnt mean you should top perdition while pulling cata, Wytche HP to safety because hes scared his kd/ratio will drop, Taarloor IG trip sparking to drop an insane BIDS only to get stunned..and so on) then bid on cata when you fell that in a triple stack you actually have a chance.

i loled
  • ZSin - Harshlands
    ZSin - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Last verse, same as the first.
  • Adorable - Harshlands
    Adorable - Harshlands Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Anyone is surprised?

It will be ever like that untill there's another Full-R9-Plus12 guild of 200 people to rival that.

Skills and "being organized" my white Russian butt.
    Since 2008
  • apex1predator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Cata have a large amount of R9 and some are Full +12 but compared to Valhalla(after the merger with Afterlife) Cata dont come close. Val could rolly get 80 R9 +10 or more and look what happened. So yes Luck>Skill>Gear.

Cata defended 20 wars this weekend and on sat and sun eve the factions that COULD beat them all had their wars in same timeslot. So dont QQ about lost chances and whatnot..they won the rest lost, big deal.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Cata defended 20 wars this weekend and on sat and sun eve the factions that COULD beat them all had their wars in same timeslot.

Yeah but to be fair Phoenix wasn't much of a challenge to begin with.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Os_bm - Harshlands
    Os_bm - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Anyone is surprised?

It will be ever like that untill there's another Full-R9-Plus12 guild of 200 people to rival that.

Skills and "being organized" my white Russian butt.

Just to let you know i tw with r8+5 axe so yeah we are full r9 +12 guild b:flowerb:flower
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Just to let you know i tw with r8+5 axe so yeah we are full r9 +12 guild b:flowerb:flower

Uh, since when Os_BM is a female char??! x'D
    Or I missed something b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Woneo - Lost City
    Woneo - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Os_City
    Os_BM
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Os_City
    Os_BM

Okay, ty b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedWoodred - Harshlands
    RedWoodred - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Cata have a large amount of R9 and some are Full +12 but compared to Valhalla(after the merger with Afterlife) Cata dont come close. Val could rolly get 80 R9 +10 or more and look what happened. So yes Luck>Skill>Gear.

Cata defended 20 wars this weekend and on sat and sun eve the factions that COULD beat them all had their wars in same timeslot. So dont QQ about lost chances and whatnot..they won the rest lost, big deal.

The 'merge' with Afterlife? former Afterlife's bringing R9? Huh? Where?
    It's amazing what rumor does. Most of Valhalla's R9's quit the game (urDian, Bludd), started their own factions (Wytche, MrsNosferatu, Bsiwad) or went to Catalyst (Manuchir) or Crimson (Pry). Other than officers, most of Valhalla's R9s rarely even show up to play, no less TW.

My personal belief isn't one of cheating, of Cata being more OP, or even egos... it's about challenge. Catalyst has removed the challenge (aka: FUN) from Harshlands. If Val had one land, Afterlife had a land, Kylin... well, it would be fun to take on factions that wanted to beat on each other for - like Emo said: shyts and giggles. I'm tempted to put my lvl 100 BM in a small but active guild just for the enjoyment of TW against guilds like Demacia or CJr. I want to have fun again without all of the BS.
    Cash-shopper? That just means I have farmed REAL LIFE, and I want to spend my recreational funds in this game. +12 or GTFO!
    ---
    RedWoodred (Full 2nd Cast Nirvana AA Sage Veno); WiskrBisquit (Rank 9 2nd Cast Sage Archer); Puuka (Rank 8 Sage Psychic); Kanu_Unchou (Demon BM Nirvana Farmer); \Wasabi (Assassin); AerynSoon (Full G16+ Sage Seeker); DawnTreader (Mystic)
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    It's amazing what rumor does. Most of Valhalla's R9's quit the game (urDian, Bludd), started their own factions (Wytche, MrsNosferatu, Bsiwad) or went to Catalyst (Manuchir) or Crimson (Pry). Other than officers, most of Valhalla's R9s rarely even show up to play, no less TW.

My personal belief isn't one of cheating, of Cata being more OP, or even egos... it's about challenge. Catalyst has removed the challenge (aka: FUN) from Harshlands. If Val had one land, Afterlife had a land, Kylin... well, it would be fun to take on factions that wanted to beat on each other for - like Emo said: shyts and giggles. I'm tempted to put my lvl 100 BM in a small but active guild just for the enjoyment of TW against guilds like Demacia or CJr. I want to have fun again without all of the BS.

Catalyst has not removed the challenge. the current player population thinks if they live in frost from lvl 10-101 and cash shop r9 they are a pro player. frost teaches you nothing about how to actually play your char in a tw. imo everyone to lvl at least 1 char without frost. you would just be amazed at what you can learn.
    the good Starr
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Catalyst has not removed the challenge. the current player population thinks if they live in frost from lvl 10-101 and cash shop r9 they are a pro player. frost teaches you nothing about how to actually play your char in a tw. imo everyone to lvl at least 1 char without frost. you would just be amazed at what you can learn.

I don't get how grinding mobs translates to knowing how to play your class?

If someone is smart and willing to take the time to learn their class, then PWI becomes very basic. All hypers/FC has done is to remove a lot of the tedium required to lvl to 100.

Sure it has removed WORLD pk from PWI, and it unfortunate that the majority of players don't pk, but to become good at player vs player you need to practice player vs player.

Nowadays, someone who grinds doesn't get any pvp, so they'll still be just as bad as someone who FC'ed. Unless they're smart and willing to learn.

Think about it this way. Everyone in League of legends lvls up in half an hour to max lvl. Does that mean everyone is noob there? I mean what's the hardest champ out currently? Viktor? And that's only because most people can't launch his E in one direction while kiting in another. But go into a private game and practice his E + ult for 10 minutes, and it becomes as easy as second nature. BUT most people don't even bother to do that.

Practice pvp to become good at pvp. That's it. The majority of players on PWI refuse to pvp, and thus never become good at it.
    Catalyst has recruited basically all the active pvp'ers on the server. Sure they know how to play, but that's not exactly hard to learn. It's just that the rest of the server are pve'ers, and play PVP like it's PVE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • apex1predator
    edited January 2012
    Options

We both know that at various points in valhallas 'reign' of the server they outgeared AND outnumbered cata by quite a bit and they got their pants pulled down..on a number of occasions.

After that AL lost almost all of the high geared players to Val and when they got their pants pulled down AGAIN, they moved to Kylin and various other guilds.

Shows the 'relaxed family' atmosphere Val has/had.