Allow us to have forum avatars based on our toons!

LyuKang - Sanctuary
LyuKang - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Suggestion Box
Looking at all those people with the same looking avatar makes me b:shedtear

Couldn't you guys make a little effort and make so that our avatars show how our toons are in-game instead?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- One of the devs trying to fix the game. b:pleased

lvl 100 unbiased all path sage bm.

Currently waiting for them to take their sweet time to fix my avatar...
Post edited by LyuKang - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I think that would be a bit impossible unless players would upload avi's themselves... I do agree though that there should be more avi's to chose from (aside from only veno's that can chose one out of 5 diffirent sorts)... Maybe make like at least 5 diffirent avi's each class would be a good idea... 10 would be great but let's ask for smaller portions 1st... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, that would be nice too. Looking at bald bms everywhere makes me sad lol

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Yeah I can understand that... Not realy a fan of bald guys myself too... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Well, good Sir. Be happy you got one at least. b:laugh

As much as I like the idea.. it's wooork. And tbh.. on those forums I see way too much room for people abusing it. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    would be cool, but.... they will send letter to china... and china maybe will do so... in 2013.
  • LyuKang - Sanctuary
    edited January 2012
    yeah, I guess so... considering as how there are 3 years old bugs still present, I doubt a feature like this would get implemented soon... b:surrenderb:sad

• Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I wouldn't make an avatar for mine anyway. Instead I would use one the many I have already made for myself.
  • Blueturtle - Dreamweaver
    Blueturtle - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I think the forums are a small part of the game,but it looks like people want to customize thier forum avitars?
    So let them have it.b:pleased
    Under User CP,have a place to upload custom avitars,directly below "edit signature" have "Edit avitar picture".
    Anyway,my character's hair is blond with spikes,not brown with a combover.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Serving all but trusting no one but myself,Blueturtle.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2012
    would be cool, but.... they will send letter to china... and china maybe will do so... in 2013.
    yeah, I guess so... considering as how there are 3 years old bugs still present, I doubt a feature like this would get implemented soon... b:surrenderb:sad

Except the fact that the forums have nothing whatsoever to do with the game, and can be changed at will by the PWE engineers...b:chuckle
  • Lynzeya - Dreamweaver
    Lynzeya - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Or.. what about you take a screenshot of your char ingame, and have the avatars customiable by the player?
    Idk, another option would be to have the avatas using how your character looks when they are on the starting screen..
    (I don't make sense D:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vixter - harshlands:
    hey, i got a good idea, lets complain about gas prices, since thats also something we have no control over!

<3 proud to be autistic! /watch?v=Q7lJ8ioD2-g Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Tbh I rather like them stating class and level easily. Can always customize the signature. b:surrender

Mine just looks like my char btw o_o;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    They could keep the border and level and put the icon of your class (as shown in the squad menu) above the level, I suppose. Or maybe just put them as icons above your title, which is probably easier to implement. You could then pick from a few premade backgrounds and your ingame character portrait (the one next to your hp/mp bar) would go on top of that.

Still, the current avatar system already has trouble working for some people, so I wouldn't get my hopes up on anything new being implemented anytime soon b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]